Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket 15:17 - Mar 5 with 4315 viewsMoonshineSteve

Just bought mine.

Hoohahoohahooha.

I am officially excited. I have no idea why, as 43 years of watching Rangers should have taught me what will happen, but at the moment that doesn't matter.

As I said, hoohahoohahooha.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 15:17]

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Season ticket on 15:29 - Mar 5 with 4285 viewstimcocking

Good man.

I take pleasure in singing when we're not winning. I fcuking love QPR and i don't give a sh!t how cr@p we are.

(Although i'd like to win everything given the choice, but fcuk it).
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 15:32]
Season ticket on 15:44 - Mar 5 with 4251 viewsHantsR

Me too - given it to myself as a 70th birthday present (but don't tell Mrs Hants)
Season ticket on 16:29 - Mar 5 with 4199 viewspeejaybee

Season ticket on 15:29 - Mar 5 by timcocking

Good man.

I take pleasure in singing when we're not winning. I fcuking love QPR and i don't give a sh!t how cr@p we are.

(Although i'd like to win everything given the choice, but fcuk it).
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 15:32]

Me to,If you want winners go live in Manchester.F**K That.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Season ticket on 16:40 - Mar 5 with 4178 viewsmarky67

i take it you got everything sorted then,
Season ticket on 18:05 - Mar 5 with 4068 viewssmegma

43 years of watching, and there was me thinking you were still in your thirties
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 18:05]
Season ticket on 18:48 - Mar 5 with 4001 viewsbosh67

After 45 years of having ours my dad and I have decided not to renew. My dad is over 80 and hasn't been too well so we will for the first time ever, stand down from weekly duties and pick some games to go to when he feels like it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Season ticket on 19:57 - Mar 5 with 3949 viewsMoonshineSteve

Season ticket on 16:40 - Mar 5 by marky67

i take it you got everything sorted then,

Yeah. It wasn't me, it was a glitch in the system.

Season ticket on 19:57 - Mar 5 with 3946 viewsMoonshineSteve

Season ticket on 18:05 - Mar 5 by smegma

43 years of watching, and there was me thinking you were still in your thirties
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 18:05]

Yeah, I used to be.

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket on 19:59 - Mar 5 with 3943 viewsMoonshineSteve

Season ticket on 18:48 - Mar 5 by bosh67

After 45 years of having ours my dad and I have decided not to renew. My dad is over 80 and hasn't been too well so we will for the first time ever, stand down from weekly duties and pick some games to go to when he feels like it.

Sorry to hear that Bosh. Hope you can still enjoy(!) a few games.

Season ticket on 07:45 - Mar 6 with 3761 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Season ticket on 18:48 - Mar 5 by bosh67

That's how it starts!

Sure you'll pick a few games in the warmth of the August sun, maybe if we win, stretch it in to September a bit. Then when it gets a tad chilly and the results iffy, it's a weekend away here and a weekend aware there. You will of course be fixated with the BBC app, but by November while on a break in Lisbon, and with dodgy internet coverage, you'll wait until your back at the hotel, because it's only Burton after all and we'll stuff them.

Come Christmas, you'll take in the Boxing Day game, moan about the fact you could be at home with the turkey as opposed to paying £30 to watch eleven turkeys struggle to get a point at home to Ipswich. You sneak a week away in the Maldives early January, and barely notice our exit to North Greenford in the FA Cup.

A succession of trips, visits and colds, intermingled with all out war on here about some disastrous rout at the hands of some provincial northern outfit and the next thing you know, you're on the train to work and blow me, we played Preston last night and you didn't even know it!

Come Easter, and with us in dire straights, you forgo the relegation six-pointer against Reading, as there is a Turner retrospective at the Tate. The following week you're on a 2-for-1 offer at Jamie's; you and the old man are enjoy an Italian meal during which, you ask some minimum wage yoof for the wifi code, 'Fcuk me Dad, we're beating Fulham, I think we're staying up!'

The final week of the season, and your first home game since Christmas. Out the station you had to ask for directions to the ground. The pair of you rock up, whereupon dad says, 'By heckers lad, Holloway's had a hair transplant!'

As all around stare at you both, until some die hard and heavily tattooed hipster turns around and says, 'Ian was sacked in March. That's Garry Monk, it's out turn to be managed by him!'

For the first time in 46 years, the pair of you decide not to go on the pitch after the match to celebrate our survival in the Championship. It is after all the semi-final night on Strictly and you're into it these days and well it's not so bad and you can get a cuppa easily from the kitchen as opposed to queuing up to pay £3 for piss.

Next season comes, and blow me, you've got in on the ballot to be in the audience for the cha-cha night on Strictly. You barely even notice that QPR have gone into administration, subsumed by debts the size of mountains. The club has gone; the fans no more, all is lost but bugger it all, you scored Joey Barton's effort the same as Darcy Bussell.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 9:00]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Season ticket on 08:50 - Mar 6 with 3686 viewsbosh67

Season ticket on 07:45 - Mar 6 by PlanetHonneywood

That's how it starts!

Sure you'll pick a few games in the warmth of the August sun, maybe if we win, stretch it in to September a bit. Then when it gets a tad chilly and the results iffy, it's a weekend away here and a weekend aware there. You will of course be fixated with the BBC app, but by November while on a break in Lisbon, and with dodgy internet coverage, you'll wait until your back at the hotel, because it's only Burton after all and we'll stuff them.

Come Christmas, you'll take in the Boxing Day game, moan about the fact you could be at home with the turkey as opposed to paying £30 to watch eleven turkeys struggle to get a point at home to Ipswich. You sneak a week away in the Maldives early January, and barely notice our exit to North Greenford in the FA Cup.

A succession of trips, visits and colds, intermingled with all out war on here about some disastrous rout at the hands of some provincial northern outfit and the next thing you know, you're on the train to work and blow me, we played Preston last night and you didn't even know it!

Come Easter, and with us in dire straights, you forgo the relegation six-pointer against Reading, as there is a Turner retrospective at the Tate. The following week you're on a 2-for-1 offer at Jamie's; you and the old man are enjoy an Italian meal during which, you ask some minimum wage yoof for the wifi code, 'Fcuk me Dad, we're beating Fulham, I think we're staying up!'

The final week of the season, and your first home game since Christmas. Out the station you had to ask for directions to the ground. The pair of you rock up, whereupon dad says, 'By heckers lad, Holloway's had a hair transplant!'

As all around stare at you both, until some die hard and heavily tattooed hipster turns around and says, 'Ian was sacked in March. That's Garry Monk, it's out turn to be managed by him!'

For the first time in 46 years, the pair of you decide not to go on the pitch after the match to celebrate our survival in the Championship. It is after all the semi-final night on Strictly and you're into it these days and well it's not so bad and you can get a cuppa easily from the kitchen as opposed to queuing up to pay £3 for piss.

Next season comes, and blow me, you've got in on the ballot to be in the audience for the cha-cha night on Strictly. You barely even notice that QPR have gone into administration, subsumed by debts the size of mountains. The club has gone; the fans no more, all is lost but bugger it all, you scored Joey Barton's effort the same as Darcy Bussell.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2018 9:00]

That's about right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Season ticket on 08:55 - Mar 6 with 3677 views100percent

Are you coming to join us in the upper loft Steve??
Season ticket on 10:31 - Mar 6 with 3622 viewssmegma

Season ticket on 08:55 - Mar 6 by 100percent

Are you coming to join us in the upper loft Steve??

Do you pay for your tickets ??!!!!!!
Season ticket on 12:47 - Mar 6 with 3564 viewsMoonshineSteve

Hello 100. No, taken advantage of the new blue offer. As far away from my usual corner as it gets.

I will wave though.

Season ticket on 13:03 - Mar 6 with 3532 viewsBklynRanger

Season ticket on 12:47 - Mar 6 by MoonshineSteve

Hello 100. No, taken advantage of the new blue offer. As far away from my usual corner as it gets.

I will wave though.

It I recall correctly the blue seats are so named because they're statistically the coldest ones so keep those long johns handy Big Dag.
Season ticket on 13:15 - Mar 6 with 3524 viewsMoonshineSteve

Oh. I was looking forward to introducing my Muddy Waters CD collection to a wider audience.

Sod it.

Season ticket on 13:47 - Mar 6 with 3483 viewsPinnerPaul

I'll be renewing before the deadline, but only just before!
Season ticket on 16:15 - Mar 6 with 3438 viewsMoonshineSteve

Playing hard to get?

Season ticket on 16:28 - Mar 6 with 3428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm envious. Rangers is the thing I miss most about London by a long, long distance.

The friendship, the craic, the football, the hope, the cynicism...all of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024