Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Messiahs 11:42 - Mar 12 with 4894 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That never got there...

QPR Messiahs on 18:50 - Mar 12 with 1470 viewsBoston

QPR Messiahs on 12:37 - Mar 12 by Gloucs_R

Jeanne is / was serving a substantial prison sentence for selling drugs in Gloucester.

Does he work with Ratchititup Harkouk - who I loved, thought he was going to be the new Gerry.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Messiahs on 18:58 - Mar 12 with 1458 viewsjohnhoop

I think that Martyn Busby could have been a future international and one of our greatest ever players if he hadn’t suffered that appalling injury.
QPR Messiahs on 19:04 - Mar 12 with 1453 viewsdistortR

i remember [loanee] tommy williams debut against chesterfield. Came on as a second half sub and was absolutely superb
QPR Messiahs on 19:14 - Mar 12 with 1440 viewsRs_Holy

Zelic, Kiwomya, Silkman, Eastow, Andy King
QPR Messiahs on 19:23 - Mar 12 with 1418 viewsstevec

QPR Messiahs on 18:58 - Mar 12 by johnhoop

I think that Martyn Busby could have been a future international and one of our greatest ever players if he hadn’t suffered that appalling injury.

Indeed. He was rated better than Gerry in the early years, as you say that tackle done for him and was sat almost in line with it, you could hear the break, really sickening.

Similarly whilst Gallen was a borderline Messiah at LR think his career would have been significantly better had the Portsmouth injury not happened.
QPR Messiahs on 19:33 - Mar 12 with 1403 viewsPinnerPaul

So many from the last PL seasons.

Many in denial now but a lot of those signings we thought were great inc Caulker, Johnson and of course the lesser spotted Remy!
QPR Messiahs on 19:42 - Mar 12 with 1394 viewsFredManRave

"Dave"

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR Messiahs on 19:46 - Mar 12 with 1386 viewsflynnbo

Simon Walton. Leighton James and Don Rogers.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Messiahs on 20:06 - Mar 12 with 1356 viewsPommyhoop

The new Vierra

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

QPR Messiahs on 20:24 - Mar 12 with 1332 viewsdavman

QPR Messiahs on 19:23 - Mar 12 by stevec

Indeed. He was rated better than Gerry in the early years, as you say that tackle done for him and was sat almost in line with it, you could hear the break, really sickening.

Similarly whilst Gallen was a borderline Messiah at LR think his career would have been significantly better had the Portsmouth injury not happened.

Not just him. We started that season on fire and looked v good for a return until that moment. ....

Imagine if we had rejoined the gravy train at that point instead of missing it like only we can....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

QPR Messiahs on 21:00 - Mar 12 with 1310 viewsCiderwithRsie

Great shout on Martyn Busby, very sad,

A few slightly obscure ones:
- I was ready to canonise Andy Gray after those two goals against Manure.

- For years I wanted us to sign Jamie Cureton from Bristol Rovers, wanted him in the Houston/Harford era and was gutted when he went to bloody Reading, delighted when we finally got him and was sure that Ollie would get the best out of his fellow-Bristolian. Still think we missed a trick with him.

- I liked Mark Stein at Luton and while sad that we sold Gary Bannister I thought Steino would be a decent like-for-like replacement. Never seemed to have Jim Smith's confidence and went without much of an impact (though occasionally looked decent) but was very good for Stoke in "proper" Div 2 and more than decent for the filth in "proper" 1st Div, so I still think Smith should have done more with him (but that's Jim Smith all over)

- I thought Trevor Francis was an absolute revelation as a player. Hardly a "never made it" but given my views on Jim Smith you can see why I thought maybe he would be the messiah as a player-manager. Imagine if he'd made it and signed Cantona for us (as he wanted to for Sheff Wed.) We'd not have been relegated in '96 for a start.

- Hate to say it but Bradley Allen. Could have been one for he greats IMO, just decent instead.
QPR Messiahs on 22:13 - Mar 12 with 1256 viewsQPRSteve

Agree with Busby and Gallen.

Would also add David Kerslake. Great attacking midfielder. I believe he contracted glandular fever and was never the same after. Went to Swindon and got converted to playing right back.
QPR Messiahs on 05:14 - Mar 13 with 1172 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR Messiahs on 17:37 - Mar 12 by theQPRking

I thought Eduardo Vargas was going to be quality for us.... :-(

He would have been if we'd played him regularly, and in his correct position.

Ditto the other Chilean we brought in, the name of whom presently escapes me. Whatever Harry was thinking, it wasn't with his noggins!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR Messiahs on 07:25 - Mar 13 with 1116 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR Messiahs on 05:14 - Mar 13 by PlanetHonneywood

Ditto the other Chilean we brought in, the name of whom presently escapes me. Whatever Harry was thinking, it wasn't with his noggins!

Mauricio Isla... and I concur.

The grass is always greener.

QPR Messiahs on 08:54 - Mar 13 with 1054 viewsloftboy

Antonio German

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

QPR Messiahs on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 1020 viewsaston_hoop

Actually, has anyone mentioned Jerome Thomas? Thought he'd probably be the best player in the world by now...I was young at the time he played

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR Messiahs on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 998 viewsCamberleyR

Ian Stewart.

I remember when he first emerged during Venables' early days as manager and thinking we've got a real gem here but ultimately it never really happened. He seemed to go backwards after TV left as the idiot Mullery didn't seem to fancy him and nor did Sibley after taking over from Mullery. Looking at his overall career stats on Wiki and he really didn't get the goals that his talent warranted, only 10 in 240 games.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR Messiahs on 12:36 - Mar 13 with 971 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Messiahs on 05:14 - Mar 13 by PlanetHonneywood

as Vargas has had about 17 clubs since he left us - he never stays anywhere very long - don't think that one can be just a 'QPR thing'
QPR Messiahs on 12:46 - Mar 13 with 957 viewssmegma

I remember one Saturday morning at Twyford Avenue and Chris Geiler eulogising about the best player he has ever signed in 30 odd years. That kid was Leon Jeanne. He could have been a superstar. I've never seen a 16 year old do magic like that with a ball.
QPR Messiahs on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 946 viewsR_from_afar

Andrew Davies

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024