Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's be honest 00:45 - Apr 4 with 6155 viewsNorthLondonR

We're not going to keep hold of Eze next season are we?
Let's be honest on 04:05 - Apr 4 with 4702 viewssmegma

If you say so.
Let's be honest on 04:58 - Apr 4 with 4682 viewstimcocking

I'd hope it's too early. He's really just done a few nice turns in a few games. All of our young players would be best served by staying put and hopefully playing. Can't see anybody paying much at the moment, hopefully we won't sell anybody for peanuts.

I reckon the likes of Luongo and Freeman would be at greater risk. Particularly Luongo if he has a good world cup.
Let's be honest on 05:03 - Apr 4 with 4679 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players come and players go. As long as the ones that go fetch a few quid more than they cost then it's all good.
Let's be honest on 06:51 - Apr 4 with 4593 viewssilky

I think because we know our own squad better than others we over sell our players.

I don't think many other teams have clocked about our young squad yet.

Mass is a very sellable asset and that's purely based on his appearance on the global stage.

I think we are fine this season, if those young players establish themselves as first teamers next season then this time next year will be a very different prospect.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Let's be honest on 07:37 - Apr 4 with 4506 viewssmegma

We were reading similar from the so called experts on here that we would be losing Smithies in January.
Let's be honest on 08:44 - Apr 4 with 4343 viewsnix

He’d be mad to go to a big club now. Look at Josh Bowler (who he?). How much first team game time has he had at Everton? Or Patrick Roberts at Manchester City.

Obviously they can loan them out but it’s not the same as staying at one club and developing. It really didn’t do Patrick Bamford any favours going from pillar to post.

Don’t forget he’s already been released by bug clubs before, he may want to stay with us for now, especially as he’s so popular here.
Let's be honest on 08:46 - Apr 4 with 4334 viewsloftboy

Palace had scouts at the game Monday

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Let's be honest on 08:57 - Apr 4 with 4294 viewsTacticalR

Let's be honest on 08:44 - Apr 4 by nix

He’d be mad to go to a big club now. Look at Josh Bowler (who he?). How much first team game time has he had at Everton? Or Patrick Roberts at Manchester City.

Obviously they can loan them out but it’s not the same as staying at one club and developing. It really didn’t do Patrick Bamford any favours going from pillar to post.

Don’t forget he’s already been released by bug clubs before, he may want to stay with us for now, especially as he’s so popular here.

Agreed. That's a big issue of young players disappearing into the vortex of Premiership reserves, never to be seen again.

In Eze's case there is another factor. Why has he been released by other clubs? It looks like he's a player that needs a degree of freedom to do his thing, and he's only just beginning to get that at QPR.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Let's be honest on 09:00 - Apr 4 with 4284 viewsBlue_Castello

Well I can understand why you posted this because lots of good young prospects are hoovered up by the Premiership clubs and stuck in their under 23s or if their very lucky an occasional appearance on the bench, we can use Josh Bowler as an example.

It's up to the club to do their best to maximise the potential profit from any of our players if and when they get sold, first job is to get them signed on contracts which mean they can't just walk away without the club getting good money. It's a difficult situation when players heads get turned by the offer of big money and their agent banging away in their ear.

Surely it's up to Ollie, Les and Lee to impress on players like Eze that a full season in the Championship is far better for his development than sitting at a Premiership club probably not getting a game. If Fulham can hold on to Sessegnon for a reasonable amount of time till his transfer value rockets then that's what we should be trying to achieve.
They reckon Sessegnon is going for over 20 million in the summer and I've also read that Norwich have put a 25 million price tag on James Maddison he was good but not that good the transfer market is pure madness.

Bottom line if we try to manage the assets that we have, keep the contracts tight and hold onto the players for a reasonable amount of time when the time comes and they inevitably move to the Premiership we make a very large sum of money on a transfer, that will be a novelty, but it's possible.....

In an ideal world we keep hold of all the young players, resign the Chief and Robbo, somehow get a prolific number 9 for next season and were challenging again for the play-offs, pinch me I'm dreaming.......
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 9:18]
Let's be honest on 09:00 - Apr 4 with 4281 viewspaulparker

Let's be honest on 08:44 - Apr 4 by nix

Patrick Roberts is a brilliant player and should be in the England team we moan about not having a messi or an inesta but we he cannot get a game for the u21's which sums up hoofroyd , he needs to get away from City and go to a club like Bournemouth or Burnley and get his career back on track
as for Eze if he goes he goes its down to the player he should take a leaf out of sessgeson (sp) at Fulham and play games and build his profile , I would like him to have a proper full season next year so we get silly money for him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Let's be honest on 09:05 - Apr 4 with 4265 viewsnix

Let's be honest on 08:57 - Apr 4 by TacticalR

Agreed. That's a big issue of young players disappearing into the vortex of Premiership reserves, never to be seen again.

In Eze's case there is another factor. Why has he been released by other clubs? It looks like he's a player that needs a degree of freedom to do his thing, and he's only just beginning to get that at QPR.

From what I’ve been told it can be really random - like thinking they might not be tall enough (not just goalkeepers).

Dele Alli benefitted I think from staying at MK Dons that extra year. He was known there and so they gave him the time and space to develop.

If I were Eze’s parent is try to get him a three year contract for security with a decent release clause and see how things panned out.
Let's be honest on 09:05 - Apr 4 with 4264 viewsNorthernr

We're a cheery lot aren't we?
Let's be honest on 09:07 - Apr 4 with 4259 viewsTacticalR

Let's be honest on 09:05 - Apr 4 by Northernr

We're a cheery lot aren't we?

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Air hostess clique

Let's be honest on 09:08 - Apr 4 with 4256 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I hear that the new ground has termites, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Let's be honest on 09:09 - Apr 4 with 4253 viewssimmo

I don't want to burst any bubbles as he's obviously a player, but it's still VERY early days, we don't know how this new found love will affect him either, some get complacent once they 'make it' into the 1st team and never fulfill their early promise due to attitude (which could be part of why he was released at Millwall...). There's a big job on with the club to manage the likes of him and Smyth correctly.

I'm playing devils advocate here as I love him already and think he could be immense for us, but we tend to go into overdrive with the hype of young players. He's got a long way to go to be put in the category of even someone like Sessegnon who is about 60 games ahead of him...
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 9:27]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Let's be honest on 09:10 - Apr 4 with 4250 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Let's be honest on 09:09 - Apr 4 by simmo

I don't want to burst any bubbles as he's obviously a player, but it's still VERY early days, we don't know how this new found love will affect him either, some get complacent once they 'make it' into the 1st team and never fulfill their early promise due to attitude (which could be part of why he was released at Millwall...). There's a big job on with the club to manage the likes of him and Smyth correctly.

I'm playing devils advocate here as I love him already and think he could be immense for us, but we tend to go into overdrive with the hype of young players. He's got a long way to go to be put in the category of even someone like Sessegnon who is about 60 games ahead of him...
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 9:27]

Exactly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Let's be honest on 09:47 - Apr 4 with 4129 viewsgigiisourgod

Let's be honest on 08:46 - Apr 4 by loftboy

Palace had scouts at the game Monday

You could definitely imagine Palace looking at him as a replacement/young Zaha. Hopefully we are able to keep the squad together for another 12 months as it is just beginning to look exciting again.
Let's be honest on 09:54 - Apr 4 with 4096 viewsstevec

Let's be honest on 09:08 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I hear that the new ground has termites, too.

Don't tell the Green Party, we'll never get a fork in the ground.

Regards Eze, you'd hope he stays and develops here. Was recently watching a late night programme on London Live (no gangsters involved, believe it or not) about various individuals day trading on the stock market. A couple of lads from down here making the long journey up to East Lancashire to discuss investing money for a certain wealthy individual, to the tune of 100k for starters. In through the gated drive to a beautiful house and lo and behold, Leon Best opens the front door.

Gives you some idea why even terminal wastes of space don't hang around too long, who needs a successful career in football, bench warming is where it's at.
Let's be honest on 10:57 - Apr 4 with 3957 viewsqprd

when does eze's contract expire?

eze is a long long away from sniffing playing time in the prem- still needs to learn how to defend and move without the ball.

the highest level he should be playing at next year is the championship, itd be dumb for him to leave a place where he's already broken into the first team
Let's be honest on 11:21 - Apr 4 with 3907 viewsNorthernr

Let's be honest on 10:57 - Apr 4 by qprd

when does eze's contract expire?

eze is a long long away from sniffing playing time in the prem- still needs to learn how to defend and move without the ball.

the highest level he should be playing at next year is the championship, itd be dumb for him to leave a place where he's already broken into the first team

He renewed his contract last January until summer 2019. As he was an U23 then and no loan spells at that point I suspect we'll be putting a new one under his nose very shortly - as we did twice in quick succession with Manning.

To the original point, and with the Swiss Ramble thread in mind, once the parachute payment ends at the end of next season the only way we will be able to sustain ourselves at this level is by regularly selling players for decent money. Buying low and developing our own, selling high, and then repeating, and repeating as often as possible. It's no bad thing if we've got players other teams want to buy, it's going to be absolutely crucial to our survival in 18 months' time.
Let's be honest on 12:03 - Apr 4 with 3756 viewstimcocking

Let's be honest on 07:37 - Apr 4 by smegma

We were reading similar from the so called experts on here that we would be losing Smithies in January.

Not by the real experts.
Let's be honest on 12:05 - Apr 4 with 3753 viewsbosh67

I suspect that Eze will stay next season. But if a club comes in with £6m+ a sell on clause it will be difficult for the club to resist. That said the model of the club needs to be bring kids through for a few years, first team for a few seasons. Sell on and repeat. Eze is an interesting one because he has that Taarabt/Wegerle attacking midfield /number 10 style that ideally you would want to build a team around.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Let's be honest on 12:09 - Apr 4 with 3735 viewsMick_S

Let's be honest on 09:05 - Apr 4 by nix

From what I’ve been told it can be really random - like thinking they might not be tall enough (not just goalkeepers).

Dele Alli benefitted I think from staying at MK Dons that extra year. He was known there and so they gave him the time and space to develop.

If I were Eze’s parent is try to get him a three year contract for security with a decent release clause and see how things panned out.

I know of someone that was disregarded by a club very close to your heart because he wasn't tall enough when standing next to his dad. He was, in fact, standing with his step dad. That's how random it can be.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Let's be honest on 12:45 - Apr 4 with 3666 viewsRblockPrior

As much as I hate to say it, if he plays like he did on Monday for the rest of the season he will be off to someone like palace this summer

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Let's be honest on 12:50 - Apr 4 with 3651 viewsstowmarketrange

Let's be honest on 05:03 - Apr 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Players come and players go. As long as the ones that go fetch a few quid more than they cost then it's all good.

What is this profit on transfers you speak of?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024