Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walk-up Prices 12:08 - Apr 10 with 5407 views08olesen

Thought i would go along this evening and catch a game before the end of the season. Looked at the website and they are charging £38 for an adult in Ellerslie Road! That is bloody ridiculous! I doubt it is going to be anyway near full this evening, and yet by making walk-up prices that high, they stop anyone going last minute. Not to mention that its Champions League night too! Surly they have to revisit that for next season.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Walk-up Prices on 12:12 - Apr 10 with 5386 viewsMick_S

That is just incredibly stupid pricing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Walk-up Prices on 12:16 - Apr 10 with 5372 viewsLongsufferingR

Spares on Twickets at less than half price https://www.twickets.live/tour/qpr-matches-tickets/562699585898684416

I think they go off sale in a couple of hours though.
Walk-up Prices on 12:21 - Apr 10 with 5350 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Except that if the walk up prices are less per game than season tickets then the season ticket holders would rightly be up in arms.
Walk-up Prices on 12:21 - Apr 10 with 5349 viewsstevec

Dear Mr 08olesen,

You are paying an extra fiver for having the temerity to turn up unannounced and should be bloody well happy we're even letting you in.

You did have the opportunity to order your tickets earlier and, for a paltry £3.50, pay a booking fee enabling you the pleasure of printing out your own ticket, on your own printer, on your own paper. Think how much fun that would have been.

Anyway, take it or leave it.

Yours most sincerely,
L Hoos
Walk-up Prices on 12:26 - Apr 10 with 5311 viewsMick_S

They are gold prices though.

This much is true.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Walk-up Prices on 12:32 - Apr 10 with 5279 viewsloftboy

You could get in the paddocks for £25

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Walk-up Prices on 12:33 - Apr 10 with 5277 viewsSilverfoxqpr

That's crazy. I bought two gold tickets in South Africa Road for Saturday's match yesterday and they were £33 and £16 for myself and my daughter respectively.
Walk-up Prices on 12:38 - Apr 10 with 5253 viewsEsox_Lucius

That's how I feel when the club offers tickets for a tenner after I have shelled out for a season ticket.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Walk-up Prices on 18:48 - Apr 10 with 4956 viewsBoston

Walk-up Prices on 12:32 - Apr 10 by loftboy

You could get in the paddocks for £25

Only twenty five quid for a sexual tryst with Danny!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Walk-up Prices on 10:26 - Apr 11 with 4586 viewsaston_hoop

at just over 6 quid a goal, that must have been well worth it!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Walk-up Prices on 11:49 - Apr 11 with 4462 viewsted_hendrix

Paid £24 in the box office last night for a good seat in the upper loft.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Walk-up Prices on 12:26 - Apr 11 with 4387 viewssmegma

Walk-up Prices on 11:49 - Apr 11 by ted_hendrix

Paid £24 in the box office last night for a good seat in the upper loft.

And it was good to see you Ted
Walk-up Prices on 12:39 - Apr 11 with 4353 viewsTheChef

Walk-up Prices on 12:38 - Apr 10 by Esox_Lucius

That's how I feel when the club offers tickets for a tenner after I have shelled out for a season ticket.

Choon.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Walk-up Prices on 14:18 - Apr 11 with 4229 viewstimcocking

That really is a p!ss take.

Lee Hoos can say what he wants about costs, but twenty really should be plenty. Crazy prices, crazy.
Walk-up Prices on 14:33 - Apr 11 with 4194 viewsdanehoop

With respect to the original OP, I wonder if you have been following the posts concerning the club's finances? With the impending end of the parachute payments, the club is increasingly reliant on the income from games to finance the club. Having the benefit of season tickets ensures that there is a guaranteed income stream to draw upon whilst reducing the costs to the club of administering ticket arrangements. Similarly for advance purchase customers having a set window for advance purchase allows the club to make pricing decisions in the expectation of anticipated demand. Walk up ticket purchases are more expensive to administer and require the maintaining of arrangements to cater for an uncertain number of customers.

But the pricing issue is no different to any other major business that sells tickets to customers, such as airlines or theatres. Buying in advance is usually cheaper than waiting until the last minute. Arrangements like Twickets allow an opportunity to avoid paying that higher premium, in the same way that lastminute.com do.

Not at all sure that the club has done much wrong here. You had a last minute thought to go to a game, that is the last minute price premium for doing so.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024