Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway’s latest thoughts 10:21 - Apr 13 with 7980 viewsBromleyHoop

It has been reported a couple of times now in West London Sport that Holloway intends to pick Mackie @nd Perch before the end of the season purely so that they get the chance to say goodbye (and vice versa) to the fans. Maybe Mackie can be substituted off at a pre arranged minute during the game and a guard of honour formed to rapturous applause and tears all round.

Regardless of what you think of Mackie or a Perch as players and their service to the club, picking players solely to give them the opportunity to say goodbye is cringeworthy and Terryesque.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 12:55 - Apr 13 with 1925 viewsAntti_Heinola

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 12:53 - Apr 13 by daveB

Not sure the younger players were ready back in August, Mackie started the season really well and helped to give us a good start and ensure we've never been in a position where we are in trouble. He's also an excellent professional in the dressing room to help the younger players.

Agree dave, he scored some important goals and played an important role at the start of the season. Great pro. Not on huge wages. No brainer to have given him this extra year.

Bare bones.

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 1884 viewsEsox_Lucius

I don't get why Perch should be the subject of such opprobrium. Before his injury he was a as likely as anyone else to get POTY and was influential in our defence. I also don't remember him saying anything against the club in his time here either,unlike Mackies comments about QPR, around the time he was picked for Scotland, when he said that even if QPR were playing in the Championship the following season, he wouldn't be. There were whispers at the time too that he & Derry were shipped out to improve dressing room morale too.

The grass is always greener.

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 13:24 - Apr 13 with 1871 viewsJuzzie

As others have said, no matter what the club/manager does, people will always find a reason to have a pop, just seems inherent in their nature.

A girl I went out with 20 or so years ago had a go at me for doing 'A' when I should have done 'B'. A few weeks later same situation arose so I did 'B' and she had a go at me and said I should have done 'A'. I reminded her of what she said a few weeks before and suddenly she went very quiet. Didn't stop her doing it again and no, it didn't last.
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 13:27 - Apr 13 with 1868 viewsdaveB

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 12:55 - Apr 13 by Antti_Heinola

Agree dave, he scored some important goals and played an important role at the start of the season. Great pro. Not on huge wages. No brainer to have given him this extra year.

Now we are comfortable and young players are coming in and doing well it's easy to forget we were coming into the season on the back of a dreadful run and facing two play off sides in reading and Sheff Wed and then a relegated team in Hull before a trip to Cardiff, was not an easy start and was a big factor in why Holloway went with 3 at the back and used the likes of mackie and Washington to chase and close down to set the tempo and make life difficult for the opposition. I think we got 7 points from those 4 games, general feeling on here before a ball was kicked was that we wouldn't get any.
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 14:22 - Apr 13 with 1792 viewsloftboy

Problem being is that our last home game Is Brum, don’t think their relegation rivals would be too happy if we fielded a weakened team. Likewise Preston’s play off rivals
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 14:24]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 14:29 - Apr 13 with 1777 viewsdaveB

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 14:22 - Apr 13 by loftboy

Problem being is that our last home game Is Brum, don’t think their relegation rivals would be too happy if we fielded a weakened team. Likewise Preston’s play off rivals
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 14:24]

I doubt it will be a weakened team, Holloway will want to win the last few games, I expect mackie will come on as a sub in the last home game rather than start anyway
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 14:32 - Apr 13 with 1770 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 11:24 - Apr 13 by BromleyHoop

I’m not interested in what you regard as a harmless gesture. I’m interested in putting out our best team to win a football match. It doesn’t matter if it’s the last game of the season or not. If Holloway picks people just do they get the opportunity to get a cheer off the fans then I think it sends out the wrong message to the other players; if the Manager’s poncing about with selection based on non footballing criteria then why should they be bothered.

If they want to do something for departing players then do something on the pitch after the game with an interview and short speech type thing. What HollowY is suggesting is something that Captain, Racist, bellend did and should not be allowed anywhere near our club.

So, if fit, you're saying that Perch and Mackie aren't good enough to grace our wonderful team (15th/24 btw)?
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 14:32 - Apr 13 with 1770 viewscheeseydane

Some laughable but sad opinions imo.
I think both deserve the chance to say goodbye and it reinforces the allinittogether vibe that most wish for.
Mackie especially has given me a few smilefest memories that will stick in my memory hopefully until I´m done.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 14:56 - Apr 13 with 1749 viewstimcocking

Ahhgh.

It's for exactly this reason that i wish to Christ Ollie and Tony weren't on the devil that is social media at all.

It's a fair shout by Ollie. It's a conversation to have with his coaching staff, not the bloody media though.
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 16:25 - Apr 13 with 1676 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 12:51 - Apr 13 by Match82

Seems like an overreaction to me. For all you know he might be thinking to make him a sub and bring him on in the 89th minute.

That is what I would expect.
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 16:26 - Apr 13 with 1676 views00calben

Think there's a big difference between starting Mackie and bringing him off in the pre-arranged 12th minute(?); versus bringing him on for the final 10 mins of the last home game if we have not made all 3 subs.
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 16:33 - Apr 13 with 1669 viewsPunteR

100% Mackie should get the chance for a proper farewell. I'd take a punt on him scoring as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 16:36 - Apr 13 with 1665 viewsTripleR

I reckon that Holloway's intention is to bring on Jamie Mackie as a substitute for the last ten minutes or so, in one of the final games. The fans can give him a big rendition of " Mackie Wonderland " and say thanks. Everyone will be happy for him, he'll have tears in his eyes, nice gesture by IH and the club, no harm done.
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 17:06 - Apr 13 with 1620 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 12:32 - Apr 13 by paulparker

TBF he had won us a league title and that player was Shittu a proper loyal servant to the club , Warnock could have played himself up top that day for all I care

That's my point Paul.

Why is it good enough for Shittu and not Mackie? It's because it's Holloway.

Use the right stick to beat the right people I say.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 17:50]
Holloway’s latest thoughts on 01:01 - Apr 14 with 1430 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mackie has been so loyal to the club it actually hurts me to be talking about this.

We've got so little to play for where we are now any potential risk or cost is nothing compared to acknowledging his service.

Just do it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Holloway’s latest thoughts on 04:45 - Apr 14 with 1382 viewstimcocking

I'd happily see them both starting a meaningless final game tbh. James Perch messed his knee up badly and stayed on until the end against Ollie's instructions. As i would have expected from him. Respect from me for that. And Mackie, surprised if anybody would begrudge him a last hurrah. It's not as if we'd be any worse with them playing.

I don't want to see Darnell miss a game though, absolutely flat out no way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024