Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. 21:19 - Apr 14 with 4682 viewsmacclesfieldman

Holloway. When we gets it right we really look a team. When we have a decent run we all get excited but then... he plays Eze as a lone striker and we lose, he makes 6 changes today against a team with everything to play for and we lose. He keeps Smyth on the bench, our most effective striker. IH wins us points but he also costs us points with his strange selections. Should he stay or go? I'm back on the fence.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 21:51 - Apr 14 with 4615 viewsted_hendrix

"Should he stay or go? I'm back on the fence."

Christ alone know's I certainly don't, you have to look South of the river at bloody Millwall and what they've achieved with Neil Harris as Manager with a squad of players I've hardly heard of, I wonder why we can't do that too.

Holloway is as good as our league position that's all he is and I reckon in the grand scheme of things he's just about done okay, not too sure he can carry it over next season though with FFP and maybe lesser skilled players.

His decisions are sometimes baffling though, I guess most fans would say the same about their Manager after a home defeat.

Fck knows.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 4593 viewscorse

Pretty much spot on. Today it was uninspiring and poor.
As everyone knows im not a fan of holloway but i have to admit that he has done a better job than i expected. But him being tactically inept with his constant tinkering and being 10 years behind modern footy coaching standards i still admit he has done better than i thought. Should he be here next season? 50/50. I somehow dont think he cant sort the defence out. Too unreliable. Our defence should and could do better. And probably we wont have robbo and ned next season and the one thing i dont trust is that ollie is getting the defence fixed with the tight purse we have. I dont know. 50/50 . Could be a disaster could be another mid table but defo no improvement.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:20 - Apr 14 with 4542 viewsLblock

Keep it simple

Keep it consistent

Keep a calm head

Keep the players and fans on side

Bit of luck with injuries... Bit of pace... Bit of nous away from home

Simmer on Gas Mark 4 and you're always, always, always going to be in with a shout for the play offs at this level.
Christ, King Warnock won the title with us doing the above but he did have the added ingredient of Adel on fire.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:20 - Apr 14 with 4539 viewsozexile

If we'd had a promotion season then tinker all you like but the fans finally want to see the best 11 and enjoy their saturday afternoon. Play your best team. Let's not forget he'll also be tinkering 1 week into the season for the league cup. We're the only professional sports team I know that welcomes defeats now for a supposed golden future that never arrives.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:47 - Apr 14 with 4468 viewsMatch82

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:20 - Apr 14 by ozexile

If we'd had a promotion season then tinker all you like but the fans finally want to see the best 11 and enjoy their saturday afternoon. Play your best team. Let's not forget he'll also be tinkering 1 week into the season for the league cup. We're the only professional sports team I know that welcomes defeats now for a supposed golden future that never arrives.

You obviously don't follow the NBA.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:54 - Apr 14 with 4458 viewsridethewave

"Should he stay or should he go...?"

Well, let's be fair first. If he can't tinker with the team now, then when can he? Though having said that, his problem is he's been needlessly tinkering all year, so he's largely burned his credit on that one.

My take on Holloway... given what he was asked to do and the constraints he's worked under (how many other January transfer windows since Fernandes arrived have we not signed a single player?) I'd say he's done a bloody good job. Safe, secured for next season, on a non-existent budget, and with a great team spirit. I honestly don't think he can have done any more this season, and for that i think we should all applaud him.

However, anyone who believes that he is the man to take us forward and push on is kidding themselves. We actually have the makings of a fantastic little squad here, one teeming with exciting youth prospects, with some experienced pros and an overall great attitude, and I can't see Holloway making the most of it I'm afraid. I've seen enough nonsense this year with formations, poor player decisions/selection, and poor game plans, to convince me that he's not the man for that job. He'll tinker his way out of every good position we find ourselves in, I can guarantee it. And after everything, he still has absolutely no idea what his best team is.

But having said all that, there's as much chance of this club finding a good replacement as there is me suddenly finding Susan Boyle attractive.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 23:03]
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 23:19 - Apr 14 with 4411 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Take the best 3 players out of any team and they'll struggle.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 23:50 - Apr 14 with 4323 views2Thomas2Bowles

Anyone want to look into their crystal ball and tell me what money we will have to spend what the squad will be next season and what injuries we will have.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 03:53 - Apr 15 with 4226 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 21:51 - Apr 14 by ted_hendrix

"Should he stay or go? I'm back on the fence."

Christ alone know's I certainly don't, you have to look South of the river at bloody Millwall and what they've achieved with Neil Harris as Manager with a squad of players I've hardly heard of, I wonder why we can't do that too.

Holloway is as good as our league position that's all he is and I reckon in the grand scheme of things he's just about done okay, not too sure he can carry it over next season though with FFP and maybe lesser skilled players.

His decisions are sometimes baffling though, I guess most fans would say the same about their Manager after a home defeat.

Fck knows.

Interesting you bring up Millwall Ted, as club legend Neil Harris joined in 2015 and has been slagged almost every minute of it until the last three months. They even had their own Connor Washington shaped pariah in Steve Morrison

By that timeline, if Millwall is our template, Olly has another two years of credit left.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 06:28 - Apr 15 with 4183 viewsisawqpratwcity

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 03:53 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Interesting you bring up Millwall Ted, as club legend Neil Harris joined in 2015 and has been slagged almost every minute of it until the last three months. They even had their own Connor Washington shaped pariah in Steve Morrison

By that timeline, if Millwall is our template, Olly has another two years of credit left.

Millwall sacked Holloway after 14 months. Isn't that a more pertinent template?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 11:37 - Apr 15 with 3934 viewsWilloW4

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 23:19 - Apr 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

He shouldn't have done it then... As for Holloway's 5 mins after match waffle to one question...gawd help us.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 12:02 - Apr 15 with 3896 viewsNorthernr

He should stay but my God he's frustrating when he starts over thinking.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 12:09 - Apr 15 with 3876 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 06:28 - Apr 15 by isawqpratwcity

Millwall sacked Holloway after 14 months. Isn't that a more pertinent template?

Well not based on that, as you could argue they should have given him longer. If they had sacked Harris after the same time it would have backfired.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 13:02 - Apr 15 with 3804 viewsisawqpratwcity

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 12:09 - Apr 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Well not based on that, as you could argue they should have given him longer. If they had sacked Harris after the same time it would have backfired.

If he performed like Holloway they probably would have.

Millwall's success isn't some overnight sensation, and they don't do a couple of good (even very good) performances in among a bunch of mediocre to bad (even very bad) ones. They are turning out decent performances on a regular basis and making a proper campaign out of it.

Remember when we were top of the Form Table briefly last season and you'd have thought we'd won a cup or something. That was measured over, what, five or six games? This year I think fifth in that is the best we've managed.

Ultimately, what really bothers me is that the very good results are just a bit too frequent to be statistical anomalies, and besides, on the day, we've shown that we really can do the business. We are potentially a much, much stronger team than we appear most of the time. That unused potential is just wasted, lost into the aether.

Holloway will still be here next season, but don't think that is something great. His stats this time around still don't come up to Hasselbaink's.

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 13:21 - Apr 15 with 3780 viewsSimonJames

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 12:02 - Apr 15 by Northernr

He should stay but my God he's frustrating when he starts over thinking.

A trait that I'm sure can be straightened out with some post-tombola electric shock therapy.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 19:56 - Apr 15 with 3616 viewsdaveB

He made several changes on Tuesday and we won, didn't hear complaints about changes then, the team he put out was more than good enough to get a result but key players such as Luongo and Eze had poor games and the subs he brought on had very little impact and didn't play ell either
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 20:19 - Apr 15 with 3579 viewsHooped_Pullie

I would be almost certain that he'll start next season as manager, but unless the kids totally take fire and some really fortunate free transfers materialise in the window I have huge doubts about him being around in May 2019. Limits might be reached by October...or Christmas. I guess we'll see.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 20:35 - Apr 15 with 3547 viewsVancouverHoop

I imagine financial reasons alone would make him a cert for next year. However, unless we show more consistency, and are at least flirting with the playoff places around Christmas, then the club is unlikely to renew his contract. Unless they think outside the box and bring in a tactics coach to work with him. But, again, that would cost more money.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 00:35 - Apr 16 with 3430 viewsisawqpratwcity

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 20:19 - Apr 15 by Hooped_Pullie

I would be almost certain that he'll start next season as manager, but unless the kids totally take fire and some really fortunate free transfers materialise in the window I have huge doubts about him being around in May 2019. Limits might be reached by October...or Christmas. I guess we'll see.

He'll not only start next season for sure, he'll almost certainly bumble through the season with a random good/bad/indifferent range of performances to see out his contract. God forbid that they don't trend bad enough to put us in danger of the drop, because a mid-season manager change is fraught with risk.

If we scrape through next season with Holloway, then he will deserve some credit for avoiding relegation, but I won't be applauding us replacing two fairly ordinary but acceptable managers in Ramsey and Hasselbaink only to bring in Holloway.

Of course, if he makes significant strides next season, then kudos to him, but I'm not going to be holding my breath waiting.

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 02:03 - Apr 16 with 3396 viewsHunterhoop

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 03:53 - Apr 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought they loved Morrison. The Millwall fans I've met say do. Club legend, I thought.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 03:34 - Apr 16 with 3374 viewstimcocking

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 22:20 - Apr 14 by ozexile

Im not sure hewe have the slightest idea what the best team actually is. That's probably the problem.

In mitigation to Ollie, so many new young players coming through i'm not surprised.

Ps ahem, sorry for my mean sounding post on Australia being a gigantic rock yesterday if you happened to read that! Sometimes when things are written down they sound a hundred times worse than they were meant. I'm just jealous because it's so nice and warm compared to England.
Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 07:27 - Apr 16 with 3288 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Debates like this merely restate what has been said on the matter for months now, and often go round in circles repeating themselves.

Park your thoughts until the new season, for now is the time to give some a run out because when that new season comes, we have no idea who’ll be here after the TW slams shut. Maybe playing Ingram is a nod to Smithies going; maybe dropping Smyth is to keep him out the eye of suitors; and playing others is due to the fact that there will be big personnel changes.

No one has said anything we don’t already think on the subject of Ollie’s tinkering. So, for now, enjoy a fret-free time. We’re safe, so start getting your towels out for the beach and enjoy the pre-season sun.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 19:14 - Apr 16 with 3121 viewsDorse

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 23:19 - Apr 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

Definitely. Playing with only 8 men is madness.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 19:17 - Apr 16 with 3112 viewsbosh67

Our Most Inconsistent Performer This Season Is.. on 19:14 - Apr 16 by Dorse

Definitely. Playing with only 8 men is madness.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024