Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chief departing confirmed 20:02 - Apr 27 with 15390 viewshorshamHoop

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/captain-nedum-onuoha-set-to-leave-qpr/

I can't go tomorrow but hope we give him a tremendous send off as he fully deserves it
Chief departing confirmed on 07:39 - Apr 28 with 2640 viewsqprd

separately, i don't understand why the club announces this information. What is the upside? Its transparent for fans, sure. And Ned can now get a nice send-off, sure

But this hurts our negotiating position with the centre backs and their agents who we'll be trying to get to replace ned

every agent who represents a centre back or team that has a surplus CB they want to sell now knows that we're extra desperate to acquire a centre half. That puts us in a more difficult negotiating position if we try to hold out for a lower transfer fee or wages

negotiations 101- you should never volunteer information to you're counter parties you're not otherwise required to disclose .... these should always be well-guarded secrets
Chief departing confirmed on 07:40 - Apr 28 with 2634 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ideal for Stoke City or WBA.

We should not forget the measure of the man following the death of his mother and the role he assumed in looking after his younger siblings. All while playing in the QPR shambles of recent years.

Another who was not a cause of the problems that will continue to blight the club for some time to come. If we’d had a few more of his sort then some of the tossers we’ve employed, we’d be in far better shape today.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chief departing confirmed on 07:46 - Apr 28 with 2620 viewsRoller

Chief departing confirmed on 07:39 - Apr 28 by qprd

separately, i don't understand why the club announces this information. What is the upside? Its transparent for fans, sure. And Ned can now get a nice send-off, sure

But this hurts our negotiating position with the centre backs and their agents who we'll be trying to get to replace ned

every agent who represents a centre back or team that has a surplus CB they want to sell now knows that we're extra desperate to acquire a centre half. That puts us in a more difficult negotiating position if we try to hold out for a lower transfer fee or wages

negotiations 101- you should never volunteer information to you're counter parties you're not otherwise required to disclose .... these should always be well-guarded secrets

The club took a lot of flak for not letting us know that Ale and Clint were leaving the season before last and so preventing us giving them a deserved send off.

They really can't win.
Chief departing confirmed on 07:51 - Apr 28 with 2596 viewsDorse

Top bloke - wish him all the best.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chief departing confirmed on 08:09 - Apr 28 with 2557 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So you think if we said nothing, no other club would have sussed his leaving? With his agent no doubt touting his availability, his contract known to be up, much less the impending photo of Ned holding a scarf of his next employer aloft, we could have just proceeded with the bluff that he was staying?

Negotiating 101 - get real!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chief departing confirmed on 08:11 - Apr 28 with 2560 viewsmikeygunn

Transfer window isn’t open till June 1st so makes zero difference on that front. The club have done the right things in this instance.
Chief departing confirmed on 08:48 - Apr 28 with 2482 viewsjonno

Maybe they already have somebody lined up?
Chief departing confirmed on 08:56 - Apr 28 with 2467 viewsted_hendrix

Good luck Ned wherever you end up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Chief departing confirmed on 09:20 - Apr 28 with 2429 viewscorse

not suprised.
all the best ned and many thanks for the years.
good solid championship player.
ned out and probably robbo out too will make our defence line look very vulnerable.
replacing them with lower league prospects wont solve anything. will need and miss the experience ned had.
Chief departing confirmed on 09:39 - Apr 28 with 2388 viewshoopdog

Chief departing confirmed on 09:20 - Apr 28 by corse

not suprised.
all the best ned and many thanks for the years.
good solid championship player.
ned out and probably robbo out too will make our defence line look very vulnerable.
replacing them with lower league prospects wont solve anything. will need and miss the experience ned had.

Not sure about that was Ned any better than Gorks was for us ? He was a lower league singing , there many lower league signings that become premier league players and England players , we signed some good players over the last season and this one so maybe we will do so here
Chief departing confirmed on 09:39 - Apr 28 with 2387 viewsfrancisbowles

I'd be flabbergasted if all the clubs didn't know who was out of contract!

Ned has never been less than a 100% for us, and our shaky defence would be even more shaky without him. I'll always remember him for chasing back and closing down the gap before launching a great tackle. Something we have witnessed so many times.

So we have to find a comparable player with experience and pace. Not going to be easy!

Thank you, Captain Ned, for all you have done on and off the pitch.
Chief departing confirmed on 09:48 - Apr 28 with 2369 viewssmegma

Chief departing confirmed on 09:39 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

I'd be flabbergasted if all the clubs didn't know who was out of contract!

Ned has never been less than a 100% for us, and our shaky defence would be even more shaky without him. I'll always remember him for chasing back and closing down the gap before launching a great tackle. Something we have witnessed so many times.

So we have to find a comparable player with experience and pace. Not going to be easy!

Thank you, Captain Ned, for all you have done on and off the pitch.

Good point but no,you must slag the club off. Every club, apart from ours of course, NEVER reveals a player is being released. That way no one will want to buy them !!!
Chief departing confirmed on 09:49 - Apr 28 with 2366 viewsrsonist

Naive to think this isn't already common knowledge on the football grapevine.
Chief departing confirmed on 09:49 - Apr 28 with 2364 viewsterryb

Thank you Ned.

You have grown into a real Rangers player.

I won't be staying for the lap of "honour" today, but I'm pleased that we can give you a farewell cheer.

BTW, Ned will be our first goalscorer today!
Chief departing confirmed on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 2354 viewscorse

im more talkin about signing a 19 to 21 years old.
gorkss signed from a good blackpool team at the age of 25 if i recall. not exactly a young prospect from accrington stanley or such like. nor was ned signed from man city at the age of 26. they had at the point of signing many years behind and both were experienced.
Chief departing confirmed on 09:58 - Apr 28 with 2346 viewskropotkin41

That's a bit of a kick in the balls.

Money I suppose. All very well you gents being understanding, but the guy isn't moving because he's not on a living wage. I don't blame him personally, but football is so f*cked up.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Chief departing confirmed on 10:00 - Apr 28 with 2344 viewsrsonist

Ned is experienced and reasonably dependable but I'm not as concerned about losing defenders as I would be other positions - collectively defences can be coached to be greater than the sum of their parts (not by Ollie admittedly...) and individually we have to see it is an opportunity for us to find another Mawson, Mepham... or Hall. There are certainly better footballers in the world.

As a presence and personality around the club though - big loss, no question. Especially with the raw mix of youth we'll be looking to rely on. Others must step up.
Chief departing confirmed on 10:02 - Apr 28 with 2336 viewsSimonJames

Some fond memories... and let us not forget he is still the co-national record holder for boys under 15 standing triple jump.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chief departing confirmed on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 2272 viewsDannyPaddox

Dear me this has all gone a bit Lady Di. I'll do my best to join in ...

Chief departing confirmed on 10:34 - Apr 28 with 2268 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think QPR will miss him in more ways than losing an integral member of out defence. There is a reason that the players voted him their players player of the year, so much of his value to the club is invested in the work he has put in behind the scenes; you never hear a bad word about him from inside the club, only from idiots calling themselves fans who positively salivate over every miskick or misjudgement on the pitch whilst blindly ignoring similar faults in other players. He has been nothing but a model professional and a role model whilst at the club and I hope it won't be too long before he is asked to join the Forever R's club.

The grass is always greener.

Chief departing confirmed on 10:47 - Apr 28 with 2241 viewsconnell10

Always liked Ned and im gutted he is going!! A true pro on and off the pitch!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chief departing confirmed on 10:49 - Apr 28 with 2236 viewsqprd

Chief departing confirmed on 08:09 - Apr 28 by PlanetHonneywood

So you think if we said nothing, no other club would have sussed his leaving? With his agent no doubt touting his availability, his contract known to be up, much less the impending photo of Ned holding a scarf of his next employer aloft, we could have just proceeded with the bluff that he was staying?

Negotiating 101 - get real!

anyone with access to google can figure out ned is a free agent. and if he signs with a new club, obviously qpr can't keep up the bluff.

but let me explain the economics/incentives from the perspective of someone who does this professionally:

This a multilateral negotiation with four parties with the following incentives:

1. Ned and his agent want to extract the highest wages
2. QPR want to pay the least amount of money to replace Ned
3. Teams with surplus centre backs want to sell their cbs at the highest price
4. Agents of free agent cbs want their clients to sign at the highest wages.

Lets forget parties 3 and 4 above.

Ned's agent is essentially selling the services of his player in an open market auction. When you sell something in an auction, in order to inflate its prices, you want there to be a perception of competition. Ned's agent wants all the other teams in the league to think that many other teams want Ned's services; this is why agents regularly leak stories about multiple clubs being interested in their players. they think it'll drive up prices

In the case of Ned and QPR, Ned's agent is probably upset QPR announced that Ned isn't coming back. This is because of whats referred to as "the hometown discount". In essence, players will accept lower wages at their current club than higher wages elsewhere. This can be due to the fact that the player is comfortable where they are and they don't want to move, buy a new house, sell their old house, take their kids out of school, deal with all the other frictions of changing clubs etc. Ned's agent obviously is going to flout his services to other teams, but he also wants other teams to think that QPR still wants Ned. Other teams will account for the hometown discount, and this may pressure other clubs to want to increase their bid for his services.

In the case of QPR, when you are buying something in a negotiation, the seller has bargaining power over you when they know you need to buy. Letting other clubs know that we're one centerback short makes acquisitions more expensive; this is why clubs get ripped off when they buy players at the end of the transfer window. because people know they're desperate to buy

Both Ned and QPR's interests should aligned in that they don't want the rest of the market to know that Ned is leaving. So why volunteer the information?

The only good that comes out of announcing this now is that we get to clap off ned. that's really nice;but i prefer economics over sentimentality, especially as we're cash strapped.
Chief departing confirmed on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 2225 viewsconnell10

Chief departing confirmed on 10:49 - Apr 28 by qprd

anyone with access to google can figure out ned is a free agent. and if he signs with a new club, obviously qpr can't keep up the bluff.

but let me explain the economics/incentives from the perspective of someone who does this professionally:

This a multilateral negotiation with four parties with the following incentives:

Ned's agent is essentially selling the services of his player in an open market auction. When you sell something in an auction, in order to inflate its prices, you want there to be a perception of competition. Ned's agent wants all the other teams in the league to think that many other teams want Ned's services; this is why agents regularly leak stories about multiple clubs being interested in their players. they think it'll drive up prices

In the case of Ned and QPR, Ned's agent is probably upset QPR announced that Ned isn't coming back. This is because of whats referred to as "the hometown discount". In essence, players will accept lower wages at their current club than higher wages elsewhere. This can be due to the fact that the player is comfortable where they are and they don't want to move, buy a new house, sell their old house, take their kids out of school, deal with all the other frictions of changing clubs etc. Ned's agent obviously is going to flout his services to other teams, but he also wants other teams to think that QPR still wants Ned. Other teams will account for the hometown discount, and this may pressure other clubs to want to increase their bid for his services.

In the case of QPR, when you are buying something in a negotiation, the seller has bargaining power over you when they know you need to buy. Letting other clubs know that we're one centerback short makes acquisitions more expensive; this is why clubs get ripped off when they buy players at the end of the transfer window. because people know they're desperate to buy

Both Ned and QPR's interests should aligned in that they don't want the rest of the market to know that Ned is leaving. So why volunteer the information?

The only good that comes out of announcing this now is that we get to clap off ned. that's really nice;but i prefer economics over sentimentality, especially as we're cash strapped.

But there is only two games left so to announce his departure now makes no difference really!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chief departing confirmed on 11:36 - Apr 28 with 2168 viewsrobith

Because prior to this knowledge centre backs might have been asking for less money because they thought we were trying to sign them just for the craic?
Chief departing confirmed on 11:44 - Apr 28 with 2151 viewsRoller

Chief departing confirmed on 10:49 - Apr 28 by qprd

I’d be very surprised if Ned didn’t already have a deal in place and even more surprised if his agent told QPR that he was definitely off without one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024