Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's May Day 10:24 - May 1 with 4040 viewsDorse

In rural Dorset, the preparations have been frantic for today's celebrations. The village druid has saluted the dawn and lit the Wicker Man and everyone is excitedly gathering around the May Pole. This year's May Pole is Bartosz Jutkewicz from Karakow. He will be greased up and released in Shaftesbury High Street whilst children try to catch him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

It's May Day on 10:42 - May 1 with 4014 viewscolinallcars

.......and they say the old rituals are dying out. It's Coat A Sheep In Marmalade day in Gloucester.
It's May Day on 11:14 - May 1 with 3990 viewsMick_S

It's May Day on 10:42 - May 1 by colinallcars

.......and they say the old rituals are dying out. It's Coat A Sheep In Marmalade day in Gloucester.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

It's May Day on 11:24 - May 1 with 3960 viewsessextaxiboy

My Mum is 80 today ..
It's May Day on 11:49 - May 1 with 3934 viewsDorse

We're also watching Morris dancing. He's a good sport, Morris. So this year he's dancing to 18 hours of Dutch hardcore gabba techno outside the Town Hall whilst being pelted with the traditional stale hot-cross buns.

It's May Day on 11:56 - May 1 with 3927 viewsFDC

Dorset sounds a very different world. Up here in the metropolises of the north we do International Workers Day differently. I'm popping out on my lunch to smash a Starbucks window.
It's May Day on 12:09 - May 1 with 3901 viewshopphoops

It's May Day on 11:56 - May 1 by FDC

Dorset sounds a very different world. Up here in the metropolises of the north we do International Workers Day differently. I'm popping out on my lunch to smash a Starbucks window.

Dorset: What is Starbuck's?

Cornwall: What is window?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

It's May Day on 12:24 - May 1 with 3886 viewssmegma

It's May Day on 11:49 - May 1 by Dorse

We're also watching Morris dancing. He's a good sport, Morris. So this year he's dancing to 18 hours of Dutch hardcore gabba techno outside the Town Hall whilst being pelted with the traditional stale hot-cross buns.

Last year he danced to the seminal 'ooh crikey its......Lawnmower Death ' album.
It's May Day on 12:53 - May 1 with 3850 viewsDannyPaddox

Ah, play time in the West Country.

Login to get fewer ads

It's May Day on 12:58 - May 1 with 3834 viewsDorse

Later today, the Young Farmers Society will give a display of trap shooting. They really shouldn't use the public lavatories for this event but it's tradition. Hopefully this year, there won't be anyone trying to park their breakfast in trap one.

It's May Day on 12:59 - May 1 with 3832 viewsisawqpratwcity

I did maypole dancing at my primary school. We'd skip left and right making pretty patterns with the coloured ribbons...Christ, that's the reason I got beaten up so much.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 13:00]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

It's May Day on 13:08 - May 1 with 3797 viewsheadhoops

It's May Day on 12:58 - May 1 by Dorse

Later today, the Young Farmers Society will give a display of trap shooting. They really shouldn't use the public lavatories for this event but it's tradition. Hopefully this year, there won't be anyone trying to park their breakfast in trap one.

no need to worry about the village idiot competition this year - nailed on

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

It's May Day on 16:01 - May 1 with 3676 viewscolinallcars

I remember reading that the Duke of Edinburgh likes to go peasant shooting on Mayday....I thought it was a typo for pheasant but maybe not.....
It's May Day on 22:26 - May 1 with 3551 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's May Day on 16:01 - May 1 by colinallcars

I remember reading that the Duke of Edinburgh likes to go peasant shooting on Mayday....I thought it was a typo for pheasant but maybe not.....

It's close season for pheasant shooting in May so I reckon it'd be peasants alright.

Pheasant plucking's allowed all year round.
It's May Day on 23:46 - May 1 with 3512 viewsted_hendrix

Our village May day celebrations were tragically cut short after the marquee that we were all gathered in to hear Mrs Hinge play Mozart's bassoon concerto in b-flat major on her trombone suddenly broke free from it's tethered guy wires in a huge gust of wind and blew away in the direction of Potters Bar taking the village donkey with it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

It's May Day on 14:18 - May 2 with 3419 viewsDorse

It's May Day on 23:46 - May 1 by ted_hendrix

Our village May day celebrations were tragically cut short after the marquee that we were all gathered in to hear Mrs Hinge play Mozart's bassoon concerto in b-flat major on her trombone suddenly broke free from it's tethered guy wires in a huge gust of wind and blew away in the direction of Potters Bar taking the village donkey with it.

They should do a Public Information Film about that. That's as dangerous as going to fetch your frisbee from an electricity substation in the 70s.

It's May Day on 14:19 - May 2 with 3418 viewsrobith

It's May Day on 01:15 - May 3 with 3320 viewstimcocking

My Dad's 80th birthday May Day...
It's May Day on 03:31 - May 3 with 3306 viewsalexferguson60

When I was at school in Oxford we had the May Day celebrations. As it was a boarding school we were allowed to leave at 5am but had to get back at 8.30am.
Of course, we either drank through the night or got going around 3am for morning beverages. Needless to say, morning school was a blur!
It's May Day on 13:03 - May 3 with 3238 viewsFDC

It's May Day on 14:19 - May 2 by robith

Ah the loony left
It's May Day on 13:33 - May 3 with 3199 viewsrobith

It's May Day on 13:03 - May 3 by FDC

Ah the loony left

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024