Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 139366 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 15:34 - May 1 with 28318 viewsWestbourneR

Big mistake if true. Great coach, poor manager.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren incoming on 15:35 - May 1 with 28311 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Seems quite adamant, I think this might have legs. Wasn't he a guest of Les at a recent game?
McClaren incoming on 15:37 - May 1 with 28285 viewsconnell10

The wally with the olly! Make a good number 2 but not a manager!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

McClaren incoming on 15:39 - May 1 with 28270 viewsbosh67

Hmmm. Would love him back on the coaching side as he and Ramsey are definitely great at that side of the game but not too sure about him as a manager. I would imagine a combination of Ollie's enthusiasm and keenness to play the kids + McClaren and Ramsey's coaching ability and we could be onto a good thing if we can afford that combination.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren incoming on 15:41 - May 1 with 28238 viewspaulparker

im waiting on top supporter imadivatwhitecity to come along and give me the managerial stats and percentages to compare Holloway and McLaren then only then can we be sure this would be a good change

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren incoming on 15:41 - May 1 with 28234 viewsQPR_John

McClaren incoming on 15:39 - May 1 by bosh67

Hmmm. Would love him back on the coaching side as he and Ramsey are definitely great at that side of the game but not too sure about him as a manager. I would imagine a combination of Ollie's enthusiasm and keenness to play the kids + McClaren and Ramsey's coaching ability and we could be onto a good thing if we can afford that combination.

But if true it is Holloway who wants out
McClaren incoming on 15:45 - May 1 with 28213 viewsessextaxiboy

Time for a walk into town for a haircut and a couple of pints..........
McClaren incoming on 16:00 - May 1 with 28121 viewsNorthernr

Could well have legs this. I guess if Penrice is staying as head of recruitment and Les as DOF leaving McClaren to just coach and pick the team then that would negate the 'good coach, sht manager' thing in their eyes. Big risk though.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 16:04 - May 1 with 28097 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Never a dull moment eh!!
McClaren incoming on 16:05 - May 1 with 28081 viewsphilc

If Olly does feel that he needs a break, the club should persuade him to step back from the day to day pressure but still be retained in the management structure.

Like many of the other comments, I feel McClaren would be a fantastic first team / Head Coach but I'm not sure whether he is as good as a manager. But him working with Olly could be the best combination of both their personalities and skills.
McClaren incoming on 16:05 - May 1 with 28081 viewskingsburyR

I'm in the Holloway in camp (due to decent end of season) but we were doing good things when McClaren was with us!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

McClaren incoming on 16:09 - May 1 with 28044 viewsWestbourneR

If Ollie wants out then clearly he needs to be replaced - but I otherwise I am firmly in the Ollie IN camp now. The last 3 months have been really good overall.

And yes, I am enjoying my slice of humble pie. The bitter fruit filling has been offset by the 'no more f**king wing-backs' sauce.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 17:47]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

McClaren incoming on 16:10 - May 1 with 28034 viewsToast_R

Oh God really?
He's very hit and miss and you just know with us it'll be one of his misses.
McClaren incoming on 16:10 - May 1 with 28035 viewsaston_hoop

bah, I think its bollocks personally.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

McClaren incoming on 16:21 - May 1 with 27947 viewshoopdog

Holloway is half way through his job I can't see him walking if he's feeling down over his personal life he can take a months break now to recharge .
If he does go it would be a big mistake imo he would be pushed , and he should be allowed another season to finish the job.
McLaren his stint here he was blessed with a run of easy games fair play he got results but imo the football was dull
[Post edited 1 May 2018 16:25]
McClaren incoming on 16:24 - May 1 with 27915 viewskropotkin41

McClaren incoming on 16:10 - May 1 by aston_hoop

bah, I think its bollocks personally.

I do hope you're right. Last thing we need right now, I think.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

McClaren incoming on 16:27 - May 1 with 27877 viewstimcocking

If it is true, and it isn't Ollie's choice to step down, i think it's apalling when he's done everything asked of him in such difficult circumstances.
McClaren incoming on 16:28 - May 1 with 27866 viewssimmo

Wouldn't have given too much to this kind of internet chat previously but the comments from Fernandes do suggest a change is coming and Olly has been very emotional for a little while now. He's shown with Palace that if he feels it's all getting too much that he will step aside and do right for the club and himself. Let's wait and see but this does make sense in theory and if he goes to spend time with his family and grandchildren, then he'd go knowing he did great work in a difficult time for QPR, again.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

McClaren incoming on 16:32 - May 1 with 27840 viewsrobith

Not sure why McClaren would take our job tbh
McClaren incoming on 16:36 - May 1 with 27806 views2Thomas2Bowles

Olly walking away from a club that in his words, loves, best job in the world, only half done.

Utter bullshite

If he goes he has been pushed and it will end again badly and back on the merry-go-round.

Losing your mum is hell.. I know how that is right now, but no way a reason to give up a job he loves.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 16:51]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren incoming on 16:37 - May 1 with 27805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think this is exactly the kind of rumour that gets started when there's a rumour void.

Put together what we know - Ollie has suffered two bereavements, Fernandes has tweeted something unhelpful, Fernandes has said something unhelpful in an interview - and now go an design a rumour.

This is exactly what you'd come up with.

I don't know if it's true or not, but how any QPR fan finds the spreading of these rumours to be helpful is genuinely beyond me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren incoming on 16:38 - May 1 with 27799 viewsNorthernr

McClaren incoming on 16:32 - May 1 by robith

Not sure why McClaren would take our job tbh

Not sure his stock is particularly high. Linked briefly with Sheff Wed. Failed at Newcastle (tough job), failed at Derby (like everybody else). His last major success was Twente in 2010 and a brief run with Derby to the play-off final which we boloxed up for them.
McClaren incoming on 16:42 - May 1 with 27723 viewsEsox_Lucius

McClaren incoming on 15:41 - May 1 by paulparker

im waiting on top supporter imadivatwhitecity to come along and give me the managerial stats and percentages to compare Holloway and McLaren then only then can we be sure this would be a good change

Childish.

The grass is always greener.

McClaren incoming on 16:43 - May 1 with 27723 viewsrobith

McClaren incoming on 16:38 - May 1 by Northernr

Not sure his stock is particularly high. Linked briefly with Sheff Wed. Failed at Newcastle (tough job), failed at Derby (like everybody else). His last major success was Twente in 2010 and a brief run with Derby to the play-off final which we boloxed up for them.

Profile wise I get it, but task wise it's a tough one with no money to spend. Unless he's trying to rebrand himself and sees this as a way of proving his developmental credentials, it's a tough gig to take on.

AON: I've not visited WATRB in a while and man alive their new format is easier on the eyes that the mess it was before
McClaren incoming on 16:45 - May 1 with 27694 viewsphilc

McClaren incoming on 16:27 - May 1 by timcocking

If it is true, and it isn't Ollie's choice to step down, i think it's apalling when he's done everything asked of him in such difficult circumstances.

I agree, I was firmly in the "don't bring Olly back" camp, but this year, all things considered, he has done a good job and does't deserve the sack or even the conjecture.

And as I posted above even if it his choice, the club needs to find him a role when he is ready.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024