Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday 11:16 - May 11 with 3739 viewsMarc

Seems a bit early. Wonder how it compares to previous years.

Anyway, who do you want to see in the 23?
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 11:18 - May 11 with 3725 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze.
Bet he won't though. Bloody Southgate.

Bare bones.

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 11:55 - May 11 with 3684 viewsmakaveli1882

That is really early and way before the deadline, I think Southgate wants the players to know they are either in or out rather than anxiety of not knowing.

I am really looking forward to this World Cup now, I fly out 5 weeks today. I have tickets for all of England Group games, QF and Final ( but I won't be using them) also have France V Denmark in the Luzhniki Stadium.

Sunday 24th June — England Vs Panama - Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod

Monday - Day off

Tuesday 26th June — Denmark v France - Moscow Luzhniki

Wednesday - Day off

Thursday 28th June — England vs Belgium - Kaliningrad Stadium,

Coach to Gdansk after the game for the weekend

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 12:25 - May 11 with 3639 viewspaulparker

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 11:55 - May 11 by makaveli1882

That is really early and way before the deadline, I think Southgate wants the players to know they are either in or out rather than anxiety of not knowing.

I am really looking forward to this World Cup now, I fly out 5 weeks today. I have tickets for all of England Group games, QF and Final ( but I won't be using them) also have France V Denmark in the Luzhniki Stadium.

Monday - Day off

Wednesday - Day off

Im in Gdansk before the Belgium game and we are getting a coach/mini bus to the stadium in Kalingrad , 8 of us from the local , 1 palace , 2 man utd, 1 everton , 1 Glasgow rangers , 2 Liverpool and yours truly
cannot wait

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 12:33 - May 11 with 3620 viewsdaveB

The last World Cup they named the squad the day after the prem finished which i think was the day of the 2nd leg of our playoff which was quite early as well
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 12:38 - May 11 with 3607 viewsToast_R

Don't they usually announce a larger squad before trimming it down to 23 nearer the time?

I'd like to see Jonjo Shelvey selected but seems unlikely unless injuries occur to either Henderson, Dier, Lallana or Wheelchair.

Kane, Vardy, Rashford and I quite like the look of that Loftus-Cheek dude. And anyone in goal but Joe Hart.

I think we have an exciting bunch of players with not much in the way of expectations and reputations to hold them back. The draw has been kind so I can see a Quarter finals.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 12:39]
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 13:11 - May 11 with 3556 viewsmakaveli1882

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 12:25 - May 11 by paulparker

Im in Gdansk before the Belgium game and we are getting a coach/mini bus to the stadium in Kalingrad , 8 of us from the local , 1 palace , 2 man utd, 1 everton , 1 Glasgow rangers , 2 Liverpool and yours truly
cannot wait

Nice one - yeah we have a squad of about 30 going to and from Gdansk with on the ball travel.

Hopefully we can catch up for a beer or 10

Gdansk is great place by the way, also Sopot.
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 13:34 - May 11 with 3514 viewsIsleworthranger

Got tickets for all England games up to and including the Final so have about 10 flights in the first two weeks let alone after that if/when we qualify for the next stages

Have also booked On The Ball coach from Gdansk but possibly stay in Russia for a couple of extra days after our 2nd Group game
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 13:42 - May 11 with 3501 viewsBAWHoops

There's a lot of teeth gnashing about the quality, but for the first time it does feel as though we are actually going in with a defined system in place (352) which will help mask deficiencies in the squad by having players actually know their role as opposed to farming them out of position just so they are on the pitch (Gerrard left wing!!!)

FWIW I think he will take the following

GK - Butland, Pickford, Hart

RWB - Walker, Trippier
LWB - Rose, Young
CB - Stones, Maguire, Jones

CM - Dier, Henderson, Loftus-Cheek, Wilshere, Cook

AM - Lingaard, Alli, Lallana, Sterling

ST - Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Welbeck

I think we will line up as follows

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Henderson Dier Rose
Alli Sterling
Kane

Obviously there's nowhere near enough creativity in the central two, but I think the system will counter that somewhat with Stones stepping up and Alli/Sterling dropping deep

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 14:04 - May 11 with 3457 viewsheadhoops

Pretty much think you have the majority of the squad nailed BAW.

I would like to see a few changes additions

RWB - Walker, Trippier
LWB - Rose, Young

CM - Dier, Henderson, Loftus-Cheek, (JJ Shelvey ahead of Wilshere), Cook

AM - Lingaard, Alli, Lallana, Sterling - (Zaha ahead of either Lingaard or Lallana, Southgate will take Townsend no doubt).

have no expectations as we have shown in the qualifiers how limited we are. Making the knockouts would be a bonus.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 14:07 - May 11 with 3451 viewskingo

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 14:04 - May 11 by headhoops

RWB - Walker, Trippier
LWB - Rose, Young

AM - Lingaard, Alli, Lallana, Sterling - (Zaha ahead of either Lingaard or Lallana, Southgate will take Townsend no doubt).

have no expectations as we have shown in the qualifiers how limited we are. Making the knockouts would be a bonus.

What about Ryan Bertrand ? Always looked comfortable

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 14:53 - May 11 with 3362 viewspaulparker

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 14:04 - May 11 by headhoops

RWB - Walker, Trippier
LWB - Rose, Young

Zaha plays for the Ivory coast , anyway

GK , Pickford, Butland, Pope

LWB,- Young , Delph

RWB- Walker, Trippier

CB- Maguire, Jones, Stones, Lacelles

Mid - Dier, Henderson, Shelvey , Loftus Cheek,

AM , Sterling, Lingaard, Sancho , Alli

ST- Kane, Rashford, Vardy , Wellbeck

standby
Sessganon
Cook
Defoe
Trent alexander Arnold

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 15:36 - May 11 with 3318 viewskensalriser

Almost past caring thanks to FIFA's corrupt shenanigans and choice of countries with extremely unsavoury regimes as hosts.

As The Clash sang, 'if Adolf Hitler were here today, they'd send a limousine anyway'.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 16:20 - May 11 with 3267 viewsSharpy36

Someone who hasn`t been mentioned as of yet who i think will be on the plane is Milner. Had a really good season.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 16:23 - May 11 with 3261 viewsMick_S

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 16:20 - May 11 by Sharpy36

Someone who hasn`t been mentioned as of yet who i think will be on the plane is Milner. Had a really good season.

Yep, been very impressive. No Bertie big one's, either.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 18:25 - May 11 with 3173 viewsAntti_Heinola

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 16:20 - May 11 by Sharpy36

Retired from international football.

Can't for the life of me understand the love for Shelvey. Not that good, and a liability in pressure games.

Bare bones.

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 18:43 - May 11 with 3156 viewsted_hendrix

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 11:55 - May 11 by makaveli1882

Monday - Day off

Wednesday - Day off

Have a goodun mate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 19:01 - May 11 with 3139 viewssmegma

If JET isn't picked by Southgate, I'm giving up.
England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 20:05 - May 11 with 3064 viewsngbqpr

Rose was dog$hit in the recent friendlies

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 20:14 - May 11 with 3054 viewsWestbourneR

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 20:05 - May 11 by ngbqpr

Rose was dog$hit in the recent friendlies

Rose is one of the best left backs in the world -and certainly the best English left back - so I don't really know what you're saying, we should drop him because of the friendlies? And replace him with who?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 20:37 - May 11 with 3038 viewsSharpy36

England World Cup Squad To Be Announced Next Wednesday on 18:25 - May 11 by Antti_Heinola

Retired from international football.

Can't for the life of me understand the love for Shelvey. Not that good, and a liability in pressure games.

Oh, didn`t know that Antti. Shame, as i would put him ahead of the much touted Shelvey, and one or two others.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024