Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters 21:15 - Aug 21 with 4499 viewsfreddieeddie

I said to my son tonight ‘Never give up trying to be a professional footballer if that’s what you want to be. If Conor Washington can be one, anyone can and I mean that, anyone’.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:19 - Aug 21 with 3715 viewsRangersDave

my mate could be better than Washington and he's 52, disabled and 20stones, and, like Connor, doesnt know how to play football. and he'd still be better than C.W.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:29 - Aug 21 with 3650 viewsfreddieeddie

It sickens me that he earns a good living through football. He is shocking as a striker. A striker of all things, he ain’t good at anything a striker should be good at.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:38 - Aug 21 with 3612 viewsbosh67

He unerringly manages to hit the goalkeeper.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:39 - Aug 21 with 3582 viewshubble

The fact that McClaren picked him is even more troubling.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:39 - Aug 21 with 3570 viewsR_from_afar

He's not great but at least he tries and he put Eze through for what should've been a goal.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:43 - Aug 21 with 3502 viewspaulparker

Ok his finishing was poor but he was the only one who broke sweat , the rest didn’t lift a fcuking finger , at least he tried and that’s all I want

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:14 - Aug 21 with 3317 viewssmegma

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:43 - Aug 21 by paulparker

Ok his finishing was poor but he was the only one who broke sweat , the rest didn’t lift a fcuking finger , at least he tried and that’s all I want

All I want.....is a competent forward. Conor isn't that person.
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:19 - Aug 21 with 3258 viewspaulparker

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:14 - Aug 21 by smegma

All I want.....is a competent forward. Conor isn't that person.

No he ain’t but he was the only one to actually give a fcuk out there tonight
The rest ain’t worth two bob , all of you lot giving BFG this and that , I’ve never seen such a shit defender since gus ceaser and luaongo should hang his head , utter crap didn’t break a sweat
Something is wrong in that dressing room , that was pub standard

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:24 - Aug 21 with 3221 viewsridethewave

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:19 - Aug 21 by paulparker

The rest ain’t worth two bob , all of you lot giving BFG this and that , I’ve never seen such a shit defender since gus ceaser and luaongo should hang his head , utter crap didn’t break a sweat

That’s not fair. Freeman never stopped working, but was isolated on the wing, a position everyone knows isn’t his best, and Scowen didn’t exactly give up. But generally,that performance was embarrassing from most on the pitch tonight.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:24]
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:27 - Aug 21 with 3152 viewsHooping_Mad

Was he a DOF find?

Most money we've spent in ages, and he can't shoot.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:27 - Aug 21 with 3143 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He's not a striker but he does try.

I moved to the lower Loft legroom in the second half, how did we miss the open goal? Did he hit the defender? (not Connor was it Eze?)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 22:28]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:31 - Aug 21 with 3099 viewsStanisgod

I've always stuck up for him but jesus that first miss was bad, but the second 😱 stroke it into an empty net FFS, why cross it, badly at that. How the hell anyone can blame Eze for that I've no idea.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:42 - Aug 21 with 3004 viewssevenhoop

Bless him. He tries hard but is out of his depth. That first half miss was possibly a game changer. Any decent striker would have calmly slotted that. Instead he did what he always does, hits and hopes
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:03 - Aug 21 with 2888 viewsWestbourneR

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:39 - Aug 21 by R_from_afar

He's not great but at least he tries and he put Eze through for what should've been a goal.

RFA

RFA I’m sorry to shout but..

PUT EZE THROUGH???? HE HAD A COMPLETELY OPEN GOAL, NO KEEPER, HE’S IN THE SIX YARD BOX AND HE CHOOSES A HOSPITAL PASS

HE’S A £3 MILLION STRIKER. HE HAS TO SHOOT

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:05 - Aug 21 with 2868 viewsstevenagehoop

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:31 - Aug 21 by Stanisgod

I've always stuck up for him but jesus that first miss was bad, but the second 😱 stroke it into an empty net FFS, why cross it, badly at that. How the hell anyone can blame Eze for that I've no idea.

Watch it again and see if you think it wasn’t a bad miss by Eze. That said he is young and far better strikers than him have missed easier chances but that one wasn’t down to Washington

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:06 - Aug 21 with 2861 viewsWestbourneR

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:19 - Aug 21 by paulparker

PAul Parker - totally agree - check my posts after the Shef Utd game. Said Leistner was not nearly
of the level and that Luongo has checked out. Tonight now people are seeing it.

Actually thought Cousins made dramatic difference for the small time he had in centre mid - because Luongo is taking the p*ss. He’s doesn’t want to be here.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:07 - Aug 21 with 2846 viewssmegma

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:42 - Aug 21 by sevenhoop

Bless him. He tries hard but is out of his depth. That first half miss was possibly a game changer. Any decent striker would have calmly slotted that. Instead he did what he always does, hits and hopes

Conor and Bidwell should be axed, end of. Bidwell surprised me by looking really good preseason and I thought he might change my opinion. But that first goal was as rank as Brentford's first goal two seasons ago . Washington didn't impress in preseason at all, yet starts tonight ?? Meanwhile, Oteh is stuck in the the reserves. Now on 20 goals in last 29 games at all levels I believe.

I noticed James Collins, who is without a club, in attendance tonight talking to the stewards in the Press Room.
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:09 - Aug 21 with 2833 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 22:31 - Aug 21 by Stanisgod

Exactly. Should have had two goals. Who else can you say that about tonight? Couldn't blame anything on any of the players tonight myself.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:14 - Aug 21 with 2815 viewsGroveR

Why pick on one player when we have 11 to choose from? We were piss fùcking poor throughout
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:14 - Aug 21 with 2806 viewsridethewave

I’m frankly tired of hearing people say “at least he works hard” as if that excuses his lack of ability. If you’re going to make working hard your game, then you need to be bloody good at it.

Take Jamie Mackie. All the technical ability of an amputee playing on two wooden legs. However, my god does he put himself about. He gets in the opposition’s faces, he makes them panic, he tackles hard, and he brings the team spirit up with him. Can anyone honestly and objectively say Washington does any of those things?

If ‘trying hard’ is all anyone can ever say about you as a football player, then you sure as hell need to be rather exceptional at it. Washington isn’t even very good at the one thing many people give him credit for. And we spent how much on him?

Of course, rather than blame him we can and should be blaming the number of successive managers who have all somehow been conned into starting him.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:33]
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:22 - Aug 21 with 2747 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:14 - Aug 21 by ridethewave

I’m frankly tired of hearing people say “at least he works hard” as if that excuses his lack of ability. If you’re going to make working hard your game, then you need to be bloody good at it.

Take Jamie Mackie. All the technical ability of an amputee playing on two wooden legs. However, my god does he put himself about. He gets in the opposition’s faces, he makes them panic, he tackles hard, and he brings the team spirit up with him. Can anyone honestly and objectively say Washington does any of those things?

If ‘trying hard’ is all anyone can ever say about you as a football player, then you sure as hell need to be rather exceptional at it. Washington isn’t even very good at the one thing many people give him credit for. And we spent how much on him?

Of course, rather than blame him we can and should be blaming the number of successive managers who have all somehow been conned into starting him.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:33]

Starting him as opposed to who? We have Washington, Sylla, Terry Butcher Smith and Oteh on our books in that position.

I've seen Conor play much worse than tonight.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:23]

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:23 - Aug 21 with 2739 viewsBklynRanger

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 21:43 - Aug 21 by paulparker

Scowen worked his balls off. Carried players who were too deep or too lost to get their fcuking act together.

But yes - Washington for ninety minutes; in a second half like that; in the current situation. Stupendous. Not fair on anyone including him.

Smyth wasnt happy to not get on and rightly so.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:26]
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:25 - Aug 21 with 2709 viewspaulparker

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:23 - Aug 21 by BklynRanger

Scowen worked his balls off. Carried players who were too deep or too lost to get their fcuking act together.

But yes - Washington for ninety minutes; in a second half like that; in the current situation. Stupendous. Not fair on anyone including him.

Smyth wasnt happy to not get on and rightly so.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:26]

Should have started with Smyth that I agree with

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:39 - Aug 21 with 2639 viewsridethewave

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:22 - Aug 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Starting him as opposed to who? We have Washington, Sylla, Terry Butcher Smith and Oteh on our books in that position.

I've seen Conor play much worse than tonight.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:23]

For all the talk of youth, there was virtually none of it in that team this evening. I would have liked to see little Smyth given the chance ahead of Washington. I’d also rather see Oteh. Failing that, big Smith, or Sylla, at least we know some of them have a few goals in them. Hell, I’d even try cousins there ahead of Washington, it seems the only pisition he hasn’t played yet!

Our attacking lineup is poor, but I’d rather see any one of a number of others given the chance, preferably a youngster who will at least feel like a step forward in so far as giving them a chance, rather than the same rubbish we see every single time with Washington.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 9:58]
Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:47 - Aug 21 with 2613 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Conor Washington an inspiration to youngsters on 23:39 - Aug 21 by ridethewave

For all the talk of youth, there was virtually none of it in that team this evening. I would have liked to see little Smyth given the chance ahead of Washington. I’d also rather see Oteh. Failing that, big Smith, or Sylla, at least we know some of them have a few goals in them. Hell, I’d even try cousins there ahead of Washington, it seems the only pisition he hasn’t played yet!

Our attacking lineup is poor, but I’d rather see any one of a number of others given the chance, preferably a youngster who will at least feel like a step forward in so far as giving them a chance, rather than the same rubbish we see every single time with Washington.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 9:58]

Fair enough. I just thought he played alright but missed the important chances again. I do understand the criticism.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024