Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! 22:27 - Aug 21 with 15933 viewsRs_Holy

thame hoops, spaghetti Hoops?

Just wondering what your views are after the result this evening?
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:09 - Aug 21 with 2612 viewsWestbourneR

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:38 - Aug 21 by thame_hoops

You can’t sack a manager after 4 league games. He needs to be given the whole season. Perhaps bring in harry as his assistant for a few games. Say want you like about harry but he COULD use motivation and the young players might click with Harry. Just don’t let him spend money

This has to be a joke. Tell me this is a joke.

Harry Redknapp as number 2. Now I’ve heard it all.

Hahhaaaaaaaaaa.

Ha.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:18 - Aug 21 with 2588 viewsBrianMcCarthy

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:58 - Aug 21 by Rs_Holy

Sorry Brian I didn’t mean to split the fans but I genuinely wondered if those supporting McLaren still did after this evening!... if they do then fair enough it’s all about opinions.
We all support QPR and want what’s best for the club!...nothing would please me more than Shteve turning this around and Rangers getting a hard fought win on Saturday!

Good stuff, Holy. You R's!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:19 - Aug 21 with 2587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:00 - Aug 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Lucky bastard!

I didn't detect any divide at the ground Brian. Same as last season. Everyone wants us to do well.

Good to hear. My mates at it said the same.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:20 - Aug 21 with 2575 viewssmegma

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:34 - Aug 21 by Rangersw12

Bigger picture Fernandes is at fault and but Paladini is the one who properly killed the club

I will pop a bottle of bubbly when that cnt dies

I was Paladinis biggest critic but he's been gone for 7 years.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:21 - Aug 21 with 2562 viewssmegma

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:42 - Aug 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

The shitty infrastructure and those who failed to invest in it over the last 20 years, the QPR Twitter Twa ts, and the agent leeches who sucked this club dry during the Premiership era.

And Brian McCarthy.

Yeah, Brian.

He's not the messiah !!!
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:26 - Aug 21 with 2523 viewsbaz_qpr

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:57 - Aug 21 by traininvain

This is FFP’s squad. Do you really think Ferdinand wouldn’t have strengthened the squad if finances had permitted?

Its been built over 4 years every single signing is on his watch, I don't think there is a weaker or more imbalanced squad in the division and he has to take responsibility for that, he has to take responsibility for the keeper situation the defender situation and the striker situation, he has to take responsibility for the bad buys as well as the good and there have been far too many bad ones.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:39 - Aug 21 with 2453 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brian is not the Messiah....

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:46 - Aug 21 with 2427 viewsHitch

Change, change, change. And where are we now. In the sht.
Login to get fewer ads

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:46 - Aug 21 with 2427 viewsDejR_vu

In mitigation he's been left with a terrible squad. In goal he's got the choice between a young keeper who could well be destroyed playing behind this defence and the worst keeper we've had for 30 years. With kicking like that Ingram shouldn't even be a professional. Without exaggeration, I've seen decent under14 keepers who are better with their feet. He's absolutely atrocious.

The defence looks better with Baptiste, but when you look better with two old free transfers in the twilight of their careers you know you're in trouble.

Then there's the Washington .........

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:51 - Aug 21 with 2404 viewsBklynRanger

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:38 - Aug 21 by thame_hoops

You can’t sack a manager after 4 league games. He needs to be given the whole season. Perhaps bring in harry as his assistant for a few games. Say want you like about harry but he COULD use motivation and the young players might click with Harry. Just don’t let him spend money

Just going to give you something to make you feel a bit more comfortable Thame....

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:52 - Aug 21 with 2403 viewsDejR_vu

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:54 - Aug 21 by baz_qpr

He put his faith in Ingram and ts probably cost him his job, Ingram has to be dropped immediately and probably loaned out with another keeper coming in on loan.

We were ok for 40 minutes then fell apart, I thought the first subs worked and we looked a threat but the Sylla for Rangel sub just made things a lot worse.

Baptiste did well as did Rangel the BFG looked league 2 and Bidwell had a shocker

The DOF seems to be getting away with murder though this is Les's squad and its not very good and we are not even remotely competitive.

We are going to need a manager that can really punch above their weight to save us from relegation and I don't think there is any evidence in his career that Schteeve can do it

Ah yes, old Teflon Les. At a club that lurches from crisis to calamity to disaster, nothing is ever said about Les.

The only person at this club who appears to have any clue what he is doing is Lee Hoos.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:54 - Aug 21 with 2383 views2Thomas2Bowles

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:52 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

Ah yes, old Teflon Les. At a club that lurches from crisis to calamity to disaster, nothing is ever said about Les.

The only person at this club who appears to have any clue what he is doing is Lee Hoos.

I bet Lee Hoos would never say that in court

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:55 - Aug 21 with 2382 viewsCiderwithRsie

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:51 - Aug 21 by BklynRanger

Just going to give you something to make you feel a bit more comfortable Thame....

Can I have some too? Just enough to keep me comfortably numb until about next June.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 00:29 - Aug 22 with 2329 viewsgobbles

I'd stick by McClaren. It is disappointing, though, considering he had obviously been tapped up for the job months ago that he still seems to be working out who the team are.
I would never have started with Ingram and Washington tonight. Washington misses a sitter and Ingram commits a schoolboy error for the first goal. Maybe we would have lost anyway, but we just crumbled after that.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 00:42 - Aug 22 with 2305 viewsLoftgirl

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:28 - Aug 21 by essextaxiboy

Who do you put in the frame then Baz ?

Denis Compton?
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 00:44 - Aug 22 with 2298 viewsSharpy36

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 22:58 - Aug 21 by Rs_Holy

Sorry Brian I didn’t mean to split the fans but I genuinely wondered if those supporting McLaren still did after this evening!... if they do then fair enough it’s all about opinions.
We all support QPR and want what’s best for the club!...nothing would please me more than Shteve turning this around and Rangers getting a hard fought win on Saturday!

You predicted us to finish 20th with the odd surprise win. Well you are getting exactly what you wanted, so why complain ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 00:58 - Aug 22 with 2277 viewsRangersw12

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:20 - Aug 21 by smegma

I was Paladinis biggest critic but he's been gone for 7 years.

Maybe so but he started the death of QPR Fernandes is just finishing us off
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 02:02 - Aug 22 with 2219 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Not a fan of any manager Rs Holy.

Not McClaren, Holloway, Warnock.......
I don't believe in the manager cult.

Would just like my club to pick one for the right reasons and give them time to make a difference.

Steve McClaren probably has an impossible task at this club. Baptiste and Rangel the only players I could say played well for a fair part of the match. Cousins was also OK for the time he was on. Freeman and Scowen looked like they were trying too hard. Mass is lost somewhere in Russia. Liestner does not have the pace (or anticipation) for the Championship. Washington was obviously played to chase channel balls but I can't see how you can play a forward who finds it that difficult to score and has no hold-up, heading or other useful contribution. Bidwell fell over and gave Taylor the first goal. I hate defenders that fall over. Until then we were playing OK. We came out in the second half without belief, is the way I saw it. I guess it is what happens when players know the task is probably going to be beyond them.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:10 - Aug 22 with 2105 viewstraininvain

Holloway went on six game losing runs and that’s before we lost Onuoha, Smithies and Robinson.

I’m not buying the narrative that everything would’ve been rosy if we’d kept Holloway. People are rewriting history.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:14 - Aug 22 with 2100 viewsjonno

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:46 - Aug 21 by DejR_vu

In mitigation he's been left with a terrible squad. In goal he's got the choice between a young keeper who could well be destroyed playing behind this defence and the worst keeper we've had for 30 years. With kicking like that Ingram shouldn't even be a professional. Without exaggeration, I've seen decent under14 keepers who are better with their feet. He's absolutely atrocious.

The defence looks better with Baptiste, but when you look better with two old free transfers in the twilight of their careers you know you're in trouble.

Then there's the Washington .........

It's pretty obvious. If you allow your goalkeeper and probably two best defenders to leave - and don't adequately replace them (surely nobody could think a bloke from the German second division could do that) - that will inevitably massively weaken an already pretty weak team at this level. Yes we didn't get relegated last season but we were certainly not far from it and our abysmal away record shows how poor we were defensively. To think that we're now depending on Baptiste to shore things up at the back is an indication of how much poorer we have become. Whose fault is it that has allowed this situation to develop? It very much looks to me like FFP has forced us down this road. If that is the case, then the Club needs to tell the fans as it's hardly the fault of the board (who would spend to bring in players of the necessary quality if they were allowed to) or the manager whose hands appear to be tied. With the paucity of the current squad - particularly the defence - I doubt any manager could make us competitive at our current level I'm afraid.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:21 - Aug 22 with 2085 viewstraininvain

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:14 - Aug 22 by jonno

It's pretty obvious. If you allow your goalkeeper and probably two best defenders to leave - and don't adequately replace them (surely nobody could think a bloke from the German second division could do that) - that will inevitably massively weaken an already pretty weak team at this level. Yes we didn't get relegated last season but we were certainly not far from it and our abysmal away record shows how poor we were defensively. To think that we're now depending on Baptiste to shore things up at the back is an indication of how much poorer we have become. Whose fault is it that has allowed this situation to develop? It very much looks to me like FFP has forced us down this road. If that is the case, then the Club needs to tell the fans as it's hardly the fault of the board (who would spend to bring in players of the necessary quality if they were allowed to) or the manager whose hands appear to be tied. With the paucity of the current squad - particularly the defence - I doubt any manager could make us competitive at our current level I'm afraid.

Well said. Those with an axe to grind over Holloway’s dismissal need to turn it in as they’re making an already desperate situation even more divisive and it’s not going to help our situation.

We were awful for lengthy parts of last season. The squad is even weaker this season with the loss of Onuoha, Smithies and Robinson plus you can throw Furlong into the mix.

This is a consequence of a couple years of trying to comply with FFP which has resulted in a very weak squad.

Time for our supporters to see FFP / the football league as the real villain and get behind this team / manager as avoiding relegation on goal difference would be a real achievement.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:27 - Aug 22 with 2063 viewsWestbourneR

Word for word what I said before a ball was kicked this season then (and got shot down for being negative)

This situation was utterly predictable

Very weak squad + Steve McLaren = nailed on relegation

It’s a simple formula.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:46 - Aug 22 with 2025 viewsRs_Holy

I think the weakened defence argumant is a really good one however we appear to be weaker in every area of the pitch this season... It could be argued the midfield should be better than last season as Eze has gained some experience and Smyth too. The strikers are identical to last season. The comms yesterday said towards the end of the game ”they do look disjointed now... there doesn’t appear to be a formation”. This is not purely down to the defence? Ollie seemed to get the best out of those players and we looked like a proper unit, there were times when we lost but you kind of felt we were unlucky... I really didnt think that we were unlucky last night. We were at times all over the place :(
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 7:50]
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 08:06 - Aug 22 with 1974 viewspeejaybee

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:27 - Aug 22 by WestbourneR

Word for word what I said before a ball was kicked this season then (and got shot down for being negative)

This situation was utterly predictable

Very weak squad + Steve McLaren = nailed on relegation

It’s a simple formula.

Would very weak squad + Pep Guadiola work then.????????????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 08:22 - Aug 22 with 1937 viewsEddo

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 07:46 - Aug 22 by Rs_Holy

I think the weakened defence argumant is a really good one however we appear to be weaker in every area of the pitch this season... It could be argued the midfield should be better than last season as Eze has gained some experience and Smyth too. The strikers are identical to last season. The comms yesterday said towards the end of the game ”they do look disjointed now... there doesn’t appear to be a formation”. This is not purely down to the defence? Ollie seemed to get the best out of those players and we looked like a proper unit, there were times when we lost but you kind of felt we were unlucky... I really didnt think that we were unlucky last night. We were at times all over the place :(
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 7:50]

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I thought we looked ok for 40 minutes and created enough chances to be two up before that dreadful slip by Bidwell crushed any confidence the tea might have felt, for sure City were poor but we only need to finish above three teams to survive until the transfer embargo is lifted..

A genuine 30 goals per season striker through the loan system would make a huge difference to the whole squad, as one of the posts said, we have three plan B strikers although I'd argue that Washington is perhaps at best plan D once you've exhausted every other option - He's way out of his depth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024