Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! 22:27 - Aug 21 with 15929 viewsRs_Holy

thame hoops, spaghetti Hoops?

Just wondering what your views are after the result this evening?
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 10:38 - Aug 22 with 2014 viewsPinnerPaul

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 08:47 - Aug 22 by paulparker

This will be the same Lee Hoos who said the board budgeted for 10th last season

Hmmmmm quote taken out of context there PP.

He also pointed out that in the Championship doesn't matter if you finish/budget 7th or 21st.

7th means bigger crowds, slightly increased TV money - but that's swallowed up by player/management win bonuses.

21st - less match day revenue, but less bonuses.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:11 - Aug 22 with 1966 viewspaulparker

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 10:38 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Hmmmmm quote taken out of context there PP.

He also pointed out that in the Championship doesn't matter if you finish/budget 7th or 21st.

7th means bigger crowds, slightly increased TV money - but that's swallowed up by player/management win bonuses.

21st - less match day revenue, but less bonuses.

The reports from clive in the summer were about how the club had budgeted for 10th/12th and that the board felt that steve McLaren was the man to get us higher up the table than 16th , plus getting the best out of the kids (please correct me if im wrong clive)
Steve McLaren is not and never will be a manager to fight a championship survival campaign , now either the board miscalculated the impact of the FFP fine & regulations or actually thought they could beat it , either way we haven't replaced any of the defenders that left, we have been guzamped on about 3 players and it also seems we cant get any loans in ,we are now looking at over the hill freebies like bassong
I think TF and the board have miscalculated the fine and the severity I actually think they thought they would beat it , we are now deep in sh1t , as TF has now bailed
leaving us lumbered with a bloke so far out of his depth on a 2 year contract

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:12 - Aug 22 with 1955 viewsfrancisbowles

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 08:47 - Aug 22 by paulparker

This will be the same Lee Hoos who said the board budgeted for 10th last season

So PP do you think Hoos is part of the problem and if you do, why do you think that?
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 1921 viewsElHoop

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 10:27 - Aug 22 by robith

The richest person in the world could take over the club but they wouldn't be able to spend a penny due to FFP

The richest person in the world might just have some sort of clue though.

We can't pick our owners so we sod about deciding whether or not we should get rid of yet another good bad or indifferent manager. Whatever new owners could or could not do, they really couldn't be any worse than this could they? It's feeling like a total waste of my time worrying about whether McLaren should go or not - it's either irrelevant or I've become too apathetic about it all, or it's both.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 1892 viewsTHEBUSH

Can't say I'm a fan of McClaren, but I am surprised at how poor he's been as our Manager/Coach.

I would have thought a man with his experience, would have at least sorted our defence out.

Even with the players we have, we are so unorganized and all over the place,

I've no idea what he's doing in the coaching sessions, whatever it is, it's crap.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 1892 viewsPinnerPaul

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 09:05 - Aug 22 by ElHoop

Until the owners sell up we won't even be able to arrange the deckchairs properly on our sinking ship - in fact we've probably paid some pikey to take away the effing deckchairs or we loaned them to Rotherham.

Difficult to 'sell' £200M of debt.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:42 - Aug 22 with 1886 viewsPinnerPaul

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 09:16 - Aug 22 by WestbourneR

Eze is our best player. I don’t see our best player as a luxury.

I can’t think of a time be game the ball away last night, or lost confidence or stopped trying. He’s big and physical too and he has magic in his boots.

He’s just brilliant. Enjoy him while he is here.

Hmmmmmmmm - apart from the missed open goal - something that CW would have been slated for - 2nd half he rather strangely started just booting the ball forward aimlessly.

He was average last night, not alone in that, but average nevertheless and that miss WAS shocking!
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:44 - Aug 22 with 1882 viewspaulparker

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:12 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

So PP do you think Hoos is part of the problem and if you do, why do you think that?

No I don't, he is an employee of the club and trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh1t , it must be painful for him having to be the front of house master to TF
the line in the summer was that the board felt the squad should be higher up
no way was it ever mentioned that it would be a tough relegation battle , you don't hire steve McLaren for that
the board knew about FFP and the fines and have done for ages they either didn't budget for it( total criminal if they didn't btw) didn't really think it would be that harsh or put their heads in the sand
now the voices out of the club are about not competing with other clubs, only loan signings , or freebies, new stadiums to survive etc etc
that was not said 2 months ago
imo the club is in a more of a mess than it knows and they don't know how to solve it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:56 - Aug 22 with 1863 viewsElHoop

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:39 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Difficult to 'sell' £200M of debt.

Not sure what you mean by that. They've at least done their own cobblers, we never had any cobblers for them to do.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:08 - Aug 22 with 1843 viewsPinnerPaul

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:56 - Aug 22 by ElHoop

Not sure what you mean by that. They've at least done their own cobblers, we never had any cobblers for them to do.

I mean the other PP keeps saying change the owners/sell the club

Only way for that to happen is that they either write off the debt or a new owner pays it.

Neither seems very likely to me.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:22 - Aug 22 with 1805 viewssimmo

We're a poor team playing at the bottom of it's potential. The first part is the fault of the club, the 2nd part is down to McClaren.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:25 - Aug 22 with 1788 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:08 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Only way for that to happen is that they either write off the debt or a new owner pays it.

My understanding from all that has been written is that they wrote off the debt. It's gone. Most of the money was owed to them, they took shares in exchange (diluted the value of their share holdings) and apart from 'relatively' minor loans and the FFP fine the club is debt free. It happened, where were you?

Or am I very much mistakened?
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 1782 viewsElHoop

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:08 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

You've totally lost me I'm afraid.

If the owners get fed up and decide to sell and get out - then they'll have to take what they can get. If they don't want to sell then they won't sell. It's exactly as simple as that.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 13:01 - Aug 22 with 1742 viewssimmo

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:44 - Aug 22 by paulparker

No I don't, he is an employee of the club and trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh1t , it must be painful for him having to be the front of house master to TF
no way was it ever mentioned that it would be a tough relegation battle , you don't hire steve McLaren for that
the board knew about FFP and the fines and have done for ages they either didn't budget for it( total criminal if they didn't btw) didn't really think it would be that harsh or put their heads in the sand
now the voices out of the club are about not competing with other clubs, only loan signings , or freebies, new stadiums to survive etc etc
imo the club is in a more of a mess than it knows and they don't know how to solve it

Agree with you across this thread, PP. Hoos I think is doing the job he's supposed to, making us fiscally responsible and keep the spending under the line that breaches FFP sanctions. The issues come from the consequence of that, meaning we can't spend much money and the little finance we do have isn't being utilised correctly via a mixture of Ferdinand, Fernandes and the manager. Add to that McClaren can't seem to make anything happen with this kind of team, it's bad times.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 13:08 - Aug 22 with 1726 viewsTheChef

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 12:22 - Aug 22 by simmo

We're a poor team playing at the bottom of it's potential. The first part is the fault of the club, the 2nd part is down to McClaren.

Would still love to know the details of the discussion between the board and McLaren when he took the job.

Did the board seriously think that with Smithies, Onuoha and Robinson likely to head out the door, we could replace like for like within the confines of FFP and do better this season than 16th place?

McLaren must think he's been sold a pup.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 13:10 - Aug 22 with 1722 viewsfrancisbowles

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:44 - Aug 22 by paulparker

Thanks for clearing that one up but with regards to the FFP fine that has no real relevance on the budget albeit the transfer embargo does and if we do break FFP again we would probably have a worse sanction than others for being a second time offender.

It is the current FFP allowable loss that is restricting the spending and the lack of club income.

Even if the owners wanted to do another massive spend on players they can't without breaking the current FFP limits and risking whatever sanctions the Football League dream up.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 13:58 - Aug 22 with 1667 viewstraininvain

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 09:24 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

A unicorn is a ridiculous idea, traininvain. They're absolutely useless at heading the ball.

But it’d look the part in our pink kit.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 14:05 - Aug 22 with 1650 viewspaulparker

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 13:10 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

Thanks for clearing that one up but with regards to the FFP fine that has no real relevance on the budget albeit the transfer embargo does and if we do break FFP again we would probably have a worse sanction than others for being a second time offender.

It is the current FFP allowable loss that is restricting the spending and the lack of club income.

Even if the owners wanted to do another massive spend on players they can't without breaking the current FFP limits and risking whatever sanctions the Football League dream up.

then the answer is to be relegated and have a fire sale in January of freeman, luango, Eze , we drop down a division and being a bigger club can perhaps have more of a budget to play with in league one , Blackburn have done it so maybe we can work our way back up that way
but then again that sounds to simple and I wouldn't rust this board with us in league one,

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 14:41 - Aug 22 with 1607 viewshoopdog

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:42 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Hmmmmmmmm - apart from the missed open goal - something that CW would have been slated for - 2nd half he rather strangely started just booting the ball forward aimlessly.

He was average last night, not alone in that, but average nevertheless and that miss WAS shocking!

That's why McLaren must go and fast , the above just tells how easy it is to distroy a youngsters confidence , but he's not alone there are quite a few that are having their confidence drained it's been said that Freeman is looking to blame others around him when he f!!!! Up , scowens trying to put a shift in but can't get things right missed passes poor mistime tackles , Luongo can't get into the game can't motivate himself all signs of a lack of confidence , so therefore pressure falls onto a lacking defence creating panic hoofed balls and a fear of trying to play even simple ball out of defence
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 14:43]
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 15:28 - Aug 22 with 1542 viewskensalriser

I was neutral on both Holloway going and McClaren joining, but the latter is really looking now like another vainglorious 'name' appointment with scant regard to what the job at hand required.

No doubt they felt that the promotion from within (Ramsey) and young and upcoming (JFH) routes didn't work, but from the outside it just looks like there's little application of thought and no proper diligence in identifying needs and finding the right person to fulfill them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 17:12 - Aug 22 with 1448 viewsR_from_afar

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 15:28 - Aug 22 by kensalriser

I was neutral on both Holloway going and McClaren joining, but the latter is really looking now like another vainglorious 'name' appointment with scant regard to what the job at hand required.

No doubt they felt that the promotion from within (Ramsey) and young and upcoming (JFH) routes didn't work, but from the outside it just looks like there's little application of thought and no proper diligence in identifying needs and finding the right person to fulfill them.

But hang on it’s so easy to say that just because it hasn’t worked out well so far, it was a terrible idea.

I’m not having a go at you and I didn’t want to ditch Ollie, by the way, but:

- McClaren has excellent coaching experience
- He has Championship experience, although he didn’t perform that well when he managed there
- He made a positive contribution when he worked for us before
- He was willing to touch us with a barge pole, not many would be

None of the above is meant to be a ringing endorsement of what McClaren has — cough — ‘achieved’ so far but it’s easy to say with hindsight that it was a clueless appointment. Sometimes even the most well-thought out plans go wrong, not that I am saying recruiting McClaren was such a plan.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 17:55 - Aug 22 with 1398 viewsGroveR

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 08:41 - Aug 22 by traininvain

When was the last time a striker even scored 30 goals in the championship?!

We’d have more joy looking for a unicorn.

Given our recent recruitment record we'd end up with a donkey with a dildo strapped to its head.
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:42 - Aug 22 with 1282 viewsisawqpratwcity

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 17:55 - Aug 22 by GroveR

Given our recent recruitment record we'd end up with a donkey with a dildo strapped to its head.

Oi, I want my dvd back!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 23:48 - Aug 22 with 1271 viewsdaveB

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 11:42 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

The miss wasn't shocking, the pass he wanted left him in the middle of the goal with a tap in, the one he got was heavy and meant he had to go to the far post to get it under control and shot giving them time to get on the line and block it. he should have scored but it was a crap pass
are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 00:03 - Aug 23 with 1258 viewsPunteR

are there any McLaren fans still out there tonight! on 10:27 - Aug 22 by robith

The richest person in the world could take over the club but they wouldn't be able to spend a penny due to FFP

Which TF signed up for in agreement.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024