Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what cost?? 18:38 - Aug 23 with 7192 viewsWelsh_Ranger

So I remember an article on here a lil while ago & one of the comments had a breakdown of old dodgy knees spending at Brum and more specifically the loan of I think it was Sam Gallagher and how over the course of the season it cost Brum over 4mil. We are broke, everyone whether they have an in depth knowledge of the club or a broad over view knows that!!

How much have these two cost us? What about all our youth players that have now been cast aside from the first team - it seams as if Dave MC was right & the policy has changed again!

The king is dead, long live the king!!
At what cost?? on 07:05 - Aug 24 with 2024 viewsPlanetHonneywood

For a variety of reasons, Sylla and Washington have and are unlikely to work out. A half decent offer for the former would see him off and I am sure we're hawking his services around Europe like a two-bit pimp. Realistically, anything for the latter and we'd drive him there.

As the post above me suggests, we're still weak in defence. However, our need to defend would be greatly assisted if we not only spent more time in the oppo's danger zone, but we were actually scoring more.

Now, the only question about H and W, how match fit ready are they?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

At what cost?? on 08:28 - Aug 24 with 1929 viewsPunteR

At what cost?? on 01:53 - Aug 24 by VancouverHoop

Union Berlin are a solid Div 2 Bundesliga side based in the country's capital. Kinda like Queens Park Rangers in England.

Leistner was the consensus MoM against Preston, and played well in the first half at West Brom. I assume he's be made Captain on his overall experience. Based on what we've seen this season, who else would you choose? Luongo's excellent when on his game but is otherwise invisible, which has been the case in each match so far this season. Scowen, who has been so solid since he arrived, has had a horrendous start to the League season. Our rancid form is a group issue, and to change that it'll have to happen together or not at all
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 2:50]

Thats fair enough. I can only speak for myself then when i say i never heard of him but then theres plenty of English players ive never heard of either.
Loungo was vice captain last season. Why strip him off his captaincy?. I would suggest its knocked him a bit judging by his performance so far.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

At what cost?? on 08:33 - Aug 24 with 1924 viewsToast_R

[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 8:33]
At what cost?? on 08:48 - Aug 24 with 1887 viewsBlue_Castello

Truly amazed at some of the comments on this thread, YES we are broke BUT we have Lee Hoos running the club now and he is a very astute businessman, somebody called him an Accountant recently, well even if he isn't he knows how to balance the books and has his finger on the pulse as far as FFP is concerned.

I'm sure the numbers have been crunched and we are spending what we can afford, in an ideal world we would have purchased somebody like Wells but you need a minimum of £5 million for that type of player, way out of our budget. We don't have the money to buy the experienced players we need so we have to go down the loan route, its not ideal but players contracts are so short these days and you don't get any loyalty.
I don't think we've abandoned our youth policy we just have to get the balance right in the team before you can start introducing the young players, we are definitely not in that position at the moment

Somebody said we released for FREE all our good players, what the hells that about, we lost the Chief and Robinson because they were on exorbitant wages and came to the end of their contracts, we offered them both new deals within the current wage structure and they didn't want to stay because they know there's more money elsewhere, it must be a nightmare for a club to try and build a squad as soon as you think you've got a good bunch a few reach the end of their contracts and want more MONEY, or were leaving.

Personally I want to see us stay in the Championship, some on here don't seem too bothered, from what we've seen so far if we don't get the loan players in we are going down. I think Lee Hoos has possibly delayed the loan signings by a couple of weeks, a bit of brinkmanship maybe, but it saves the club a big chunk of money and he's always looking at the bottom line. Spending this money on loan players to keep us in the division I am sure is the most sensible financial option, relegation would have a massive impact on the Income.

As you can tell I am happy we have got the loan players, I am hoping for another two if possible to strengthen the defence, we may just then have enough to survive this season whilst the Club continues to restructure after the horrendous FFP debacle, which was years ago but is being treated by the Press as if it happened yesterday.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 8:52]
At what cost?? on 08:58 - Aug 24 with 1873 viewsblacky200

At what cost?? on 08:48 - Aug 24 by Blue_Castello

Truly amazed at some of the comments on this thread, YES we are broke BUT we have Lee Hoos running the club now and he is a very astute businessman, somebody called him an Accountant recently, well even if he isn't he knows how to balance the books and has his finger on the pulse as far as FFP is concerned.

I'm sure the numbers have been crunched and we are spending what we can afford, in an ideal world we would have purchased somebody like Wells but you need a minimum of £5 million for that type of player, way out of our budget. We don't have the money to buy the experienced players we need so we have to go down the loan route, its not ideal but players contracts are so short these days and you don't get any loyalty.
I don't think we've abandoned our youth policy we just have to get the balance right in the team before you can start introducing the young players, we are definitely not in that position at the moment

Somebody said we released for FREE all our good players, what the hells that about, we lost the Chief and Robinson because they were on exorbitant wages and came to the end of their contracts, we offered them both new deals within the current wage structure and they didn't want to stay because they know there's more money elsewhere, it must be a nightmare for a club to try and build a squad as soon as you think you've got a good bunch a few reach the end of their contracts and want more MONEY, or were leaving.

Personally I want to see us stay in the Championship, some on here don't seem too bothered, from what we've seen so far if we don't get the loan players in we are going down. I think Lee Hoos has possibly delayed the loan signings by a couple of weeks, a bit of brinkmanship maybe, but it saves the club a big chunk of money and he's always looking at the bottom line. Spending this money on loan players to keep us in the division I am sure is the most sensible financial option, relegation would have a massive impact on the Income.

As you can tell I am happy we have got the loan players, I am hoping for another two if possible to strengthen the defence, we may just then have enough to survive this season whilst the Club continues to restructure after the horrendous FFP debacle, which was years ago but is being treated by the Press as if it happened yesterday.

Ahh finally a decent, well reasoned post.
For whatever reason we haven't been able to replace the players who have gone so we are using the loan market. That's the only option now till next summer. So the people moaning about loaning players in what would you rather see? The team we have now playing all season?
At what cost?? on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 1865 viewsRangersw12

At what cost?? on 22:08 - Aug 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair points, Terry.

I just think that every squad needs a balance of experience and youth and that ours had swung too far one way. Like you I hope that the young players continue to develop but I see the logic of these signings to get the balance right. I think the club is committed to finding, developing and selling young players and I honestly don't think they'd let the manager change that even if he wanted to.

Yet the manager clearly has changed from the remit of developing players as we're now getting short term loans that will cost us a fortune

He hasn't played many of the youngsters either

I hope it works but I have my doubts as these 2 strikers won't change the fact every player has regressed under this idiot of a a manger
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 9:16]
At what cost?? on 09:15 - Aug 24 with 1833 views2Thomas2Bowles

Loan window closes August 31 at 5pm
If Hoo's delaying for a couple of weeks,, he may have a problem

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

At what cost?? on 09:20 - Aug 24 with 1828 viewsBlue_Castello

At what cost?? on 09:15 - Aug 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Loan window closes August 31 at 5pm
If Hoo's delaying for a couple of weeks,, he may have a problem

He knows exactly when the loan window closes, I think he may have delayed the Wells and Hemed to save some money but he knows it's closing soon and any more deals have to be done quickly.

Hopefully there's still enough money in the budget for a couple of defenders, then we can all start looking forward to going to games thinking we have a chance of getting some points.
Login to get fewer ads

At what cost?? on 09:23 - Aug 24 with 1812 views2Thomas2Bowles

At what cost?? on 09:20 - Aug 24 by Blue_Castello

He knows exactly when the loan window closes, I think he may have delayed the Wells and Hemed to save some money but he knows it's closing soon and any more deals have to be done quickly.

Hopefully there's still enough money in the budget for a couple of defenders, then we can all start looking forward to going to games thinking we have a chance of getting some points.

a couple of weeks.. your words

At what cost?? on 09:30 - Aug 24 with 1797 viewsTheChef

At what cost?? on 21:30 - Aug 23 by terryb

Brian, you have left out Leistner from the additions & that adds on 149 senior games.

Perhaps we have lost experienced leaders, but we fielded a team last Saturday that had only one player under 23 & I believe he is the only player that has played less than 100 professional league games.

In every league match this season we have had at least 8 older, experienced players on the pitch at any time. Maybe none of those are leaders, but it is not experience that we lack.

It may be madness to play more youth, but it is also madness to select players just because they are experienced. Play whoever will perform better irrespective of whether there 18 or 36.

I might have mentioned it in a post the other day, but yes I agree that what we lack is leadership on the pitch, not experience.

We had that last season with Onuoha (even if he wasn't as demonstrative as some people on here would have liked), but it's clear what we have lost since he has gone.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

At what cost?? on 09:40 - Aug 24 with 1776 viewsTheChef

At what cost?? on 08:58 - Aug 24 by blacky200

Ahh finally a decent, well reasoned post.
For whatever reason we haven't been able to replace the players who have gone so we are using the loan market. That's the only option now till next summer. So the people moaning about loaning players in what would you rather see? The team we have now playing all season?

I suppose you can call it a pragmatic approach!

I would just be curious to know what list of player options Penrice/Ferdinand presented to McLaren over the summer. Was there one? Did McLaren dismiss it out of hand ("I only want players I know") Were the players on it ultimately deemed not good enough? Did FFP mean we couldn't compete with other clubs to get their signatures?

Anyway we are where we are, let's hope we can loan one decent defender before the end of next week and get back to winning ways on Saturday.

At what cost?? on 09:47 - Aug 24 with 1765 viewsBlue_Castello

At what cost?? on 09:23 - Aug 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

a couple of weeks.. your words

My words were " I think Lee Hoos has possibly delayed the loan signings by a couple of weeks" that translates as we could have signed them a couple of weeks ago but have delayed the signings, it's all conjecture anyway we could have been spending all that time haggling over wages and fees we will never know........
At what cost?? on 09:56 - Aug 24 with 1755 viewsqueensparker

If I understand the FFP rules correctly, they operate on three-year periods, which is what makes this season so crucial, as it's the third year and we absolutely have to make sure this season's losses are within the rules or we get hammered all over again.

For that reason I can understand a bit of short-termism from the club: if we can get through this season without being relegated, then a few decent loans within our budget make sense (especially with a Jan embargo). Then next season the FFP pressure is off slightly, and we can look to buy again.

And let's face it, if we don't get some good loans in, we're going down. Reminds me of the Gregory season.
At what cost?? on 10:13 - Aug 24 with 1724 viewsAntti_Heinola

To the OP - we're not broke. People keep saying that, and it's a subtle difference that means that we may as well be broke, but it's not that the money isn't there from the owners - it's that we're not allowed to spend it.

Bare bones.

At what cost?? on 10:14 - Aug 24 with 1720 views2Thomas2Bowles

At what cost?? on 19:56 - Aug 23 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Washington to Millwall
THAT will never happen

But would Barton take him at Fleetwood if we begged
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 21:26]

As I said no chance of CW to Millwall

Barnsley striker Tom Bradshaw has joined Millwall on loan until January when he will sign for the Lions permanently for an undisclosed fee.

At what cost?? on 10:14 - Aug 24 with 1721 viewsTheChef

At what cost?? on 09:56 - Aug 24 by queensparker

If I understand the FFP rules correctly, they operate on three-year periods, which is what makes this season so crucial, as it's the third year and we absolutely have to make sure this season's losses are within the rules or we get hammered all over again.

For that reason I can understand a bit of short-termism from the club: if we can get through this season without being relegated, then a few decent loans within our budget make sense (especially with a Jan embargo). Then next season the FFP pressure is off slightly, and we can look to buy again.

And let's face it, if we don't get some good loans in, we're going down. Reminds me of the Gregory season.

Yes this season definitely has that late Noughties feel - at least I suppose we don't have the equivalents of Adam Czerkas, Ugo Ukah and Armel Tchakounte knocking around!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Started with Waddock and ended up with Gregory, finished in 18th place. I would take that right now.

Mind you Waddock didn't lose his first four games. But then you look at the run Gregory had between November and January!

I think we still need similar players to Danny Cullip and Adam Bolder, and somebody to step up and be Dexter Blackstock.

At what cost?? on 10:40 - Aug 24 with 1677 viewsnadera78

The other thing to bear in mind is that none of the youngsters we're all excited about play in the positions we most desperately need help.

What we need is a big ugly centre half, a CM with legs, and a goalscorer. And all with some experience too. So those positions would always be filled with new signings - and if you can't get free agents then it has to be loans, because we can't afford transfer fees.
At what cost?? on 10:42 - Aug 24 with 1675 viewsR_from_afar

At what cost?? on 08:48 - Aug 24 by Blue_Castello

Great post. The loan signings may also have taken longer to complete because we cannot simply agree to the first offer from the loaning club, for cost reasons. We need to negotiate more than in the past.

Decent players from the lower British leagues cost ridiculous sums now so we may need to get used to players we have never heard of coming in.

The youth policy has not been abandoned; we recently added Joe Felix and Ali Omar to the U23 squad.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

At what cost?? on 10:43 - Aug 24 with 1674 viewsDavieQPR

At what cost?? on 10:14 - Aug 24 by TheChef

Yes this season definitely has that late Noughties feel - at least I suppose we don't have the equivalents of Adam Czerkas, Ugo Ukah and Armel Tchakounte knocking around!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Started with Waddock and ended up with Gregory, finished in 18th place. I would take that right now.

Mind you Waddock didn't lose his first four games. But then you look at the run Gregory had between November and January!

I think we still need similar players to Danny Cullip and Adam Bolder, and somebody to step up and be Dexter Blackstock.

Seems we are not the only club not to want Onuoha . In fact no one wants him on
what he thinks he is worth and Robinson is just sitting on the bench at Forest.
At what cost?? on 10:56 - Aug 24 with 1650 viewsTHEBUSH

The two forwards we've just signed on loan, probably cost us the money from the sale of our ex goalkeeper.

Now we need to sign decent centre back on loan.

We probably can't afford any more loan players, but what option do we have, if we want to stay in this division ?
At what cost?? on 11:14 - Aug 24 with 1627 viewsPunteR

Unfortunately im on my phone and this page has a massive blue bar running halfway through the posts making them unreadable. Ive got the jist i think though.
Im moaning about the loans not because i dont think the team needs players, quite obviously we do. I just think its a change in direction and goes against what we're trying to do as a club or were trying to do. Not unreasonable to think that is it.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

At what cost?? on 12:35 - Aug 24 with 1570 viewsBrianMcCarthy

At what cost?? on 11:14 - Aug 24 by PunteR

Unfortunately im on my phone and this page has a massive blue bar running halfway through the posts making them unreadable. Ive got the jist i think though.
Im moaning about the loans not because i dont think the team needs players, quite obviously we do. I just think its a change in direction and goes against what we're trying to do as a club or were trying to do. Not unreasonable to think that is it.?

Definitely not unreasonable, PunteR.

I don't see it myself at the moment but that doesn't mean you're wrong, naturally. We'll see in time I s'pose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

At what cost?? on 12:49 - Aug 24 with 1551 viewsenfieldargh

Why does it take so long to sign a loan?

Often players have to take into consideration where they are going to live, do they uproot their kids from school etc

Wells may well have been waiting for a more local option but with the loan window closing a decision had to be made.

He's a footballer who I would hope enjoys playing the game and in a short career you need to make the right choices, not all of them financially based

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024