Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:28 - Aug 28 with 7367 viewsbullythebear

Early goals once again helped in a comfortable performance. BOS man of the match. Cousins ran the midfield. Not sure why Pav was playing centre mid and Chair in a wider position but can’t criticise with that win. Kakay was very good. Hamalainen unfortunately wasn’t and we need to hope Bidwell stays fit. Hall clearly some way off match fitness but good to see him out there and Baptiste very solid albeit against poor opposition. Ingram was solid with some decent saves and good punches from corners, kicked well. Kid that came on at the end showed some nice touches and looks exciting. Well done to Brizzle fans who came in numbers.
Just back on 22:34 - Aug 28 with 5461 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fair play to you for going. How many Rs turned up?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Just back on 22:38 - Aug 28 with 5394 viewsBlackCrowe

Wasn't quite as comfortable as that imo. Cousins was good in the 2nd half, pretty poor in the first. BOS excellent. Hall gives hope for the future. Connor hopeless/hapless. Ingram shaky. Rovers were pretty enough in midfield but missed at least 3 absolute sitters.

Not really sure what we've learned from that but i enjoyed it enough.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 22:42 - Aug 28 with 5331 viewsBoston

Let's play, guess the attendance. I'll go for 6,300.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just back on 22:43 - Aug 28 with 5309 viewsgobbles

I thought Hamalainen was quite good when he played in front of me second half. Cousins gave the ball away too easily. Smyth looked sharp when he came on, wish we could see him more. BOS was excellent.
Just back on 22:44 - Aug 28 with 5300 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back on 22:45 - Aug 28 with 5274 viewsBoston

Just back on 22:44 - Aug 28 by BlackCrowe

We need a bigger stadium.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just back on 22:49 - Aug 28 with 5225 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back on 22:43 - Aug 28 by gobbles

I thought Hamalainen was quite good when he played in front of me second half. Cousins gave the ball away too easily. Smyth looked sharp when he came on, wish we could see him more. BOS was excellent.

He played in front of you? You at full-back again tonight?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 5202 viewsqprd

Just back on 22:43 - Aug 28 by gobbles

Hamalainen made quite a few mistakes in the first half with his positioning. He bailed himself out though with some good last ditch defending with interceptions, etc

he was ok going forward... he played one brilliant cross to smith in the second half

he should be better in the air given his size

Hes 21 and only has 7 competitive appearances to his name..hes just really inexperienced and needs a loan

hopefully someone takes him until january.... for the time being, lynch will provide better cover than NH at left back
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 5194 viewsbosh67

Just back on 22:44 - Aug 28 by BlackCrowe

QPR set to move away from Loftus Road and into someone's back garden.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 22:55 - Aug 28 with 5139 viewsLeedsR

I thought Kakay and Hamalainen improved as the game went on, you could see the confidence that the score line gave them. Sure they weren’t perfect, but they were hungry and up for it. They might have got bundled off the ball too easily on occasion, but they will learn. They also delivered some good crosses too. Admittedly Rovers were poor and missed some sitters, but they did what they had to do and those are the fine margins.

Plenty of positives for me, and hey, we’ve won another cup match!!!
Just back on 22:56 - Aug 28 with 5123 viewsrunningman75

Was in South Africa road, experience slightly ruined by guy with a loud mouth who wanted to have a go at the Bristol Rovers manager more than getting behind the team. BOS was definitely lively. Slightly greedy and needs to learn to release the ball for when he plays against better defenders. Washington and Smith poor and cannot see them in the side if Hemed and Wells stay fit. Apart from his goal Smith looks cumbersome. Washington could improve with confidence though never had that in a QPR shirt. Makeshift defence though Kakay looked the best defender. Cousins slightly laid back in midfield and Pav somehow playing central midfield. Liked the look of Chair who has raw energy.
Just back on 23:00 - Aug 28 with 5086 viewsBlackCrowe

How one earth does anyone who's 5'10" or more tolerate the legroom in S.Africa Road stand. Flipping horrendous, it's like Ryanair. East Paddock feels like business class in comparison and that's saying something.

Just back on 23:00 - Aug 28 with 5074 viewsLeedsR

Maybe the win is making me giddy, but I didn’t think that Washington and Smith played too badly. There were some neat flicks and Smith headed on nicely. Was gutted for Washington when he had the shot that was really well saved by their keeper, who then promptly got up to save the rebound from Smith (i think it was him.)
Just back on 23:02 - Aug 28 with 5059 viewssmegma

Just back on 22:34 - Aug 28 by Northolt_Rs

Fair play to you for going. How many Rs turned up?

Crowd of 5,007 with 1,750 Gas Heads which is impressive.
Just back on 23:04 - Aug 28 with 5028 viewsbasshoop

Just back on 22:38 - Aug 28 by BlackCrowe

Wasn't quite as comfortable as that imo. Cousins was good in the 2nd half, pretty poor in the first. BOS excellent. Hall gives hope for the future. Connor hopeless/hapless. Ingram shaky. Rovers were pretty enough in midfield but missed at least 3 absolute sitters.

Not really sure what we've learned from that but i enjoyed it enough.

Some good performances tonight with BOS as man of the match. Held the ball up, very rarely gave the ball away and his pace terrified the Rovers defence.
Thought Ingram was good with shot stopping and crosses but concerned with his mobility / positioning (always seems flat footed).
Washington started brightly but tailed off and I cannot understand why he consistently tries to run behind the defender in the hope that he misses the ball (rather than compete for the ball) even at League 1 level, very few defenders will make a mistake like that.
Nice touches by the young lad who came on to replace BOS.
Cousins broke up play better in the second half but I thought he struggled in the first and Pav never looks like a CM.
Hall was good but noticed a couple of sloppy passes (which he also did in the U23 match against Forest) so early days but more match fitness required which is understandable.
Still, a 3-0 win will do them good and I think the BOS performance will give SM some food for thought
Just back on 23:07 - Aug 28 with 5004 viewssmegma

Just back on 23:04 - Aug 28 by basshoop

Some good performances tonight with BOS as man of the match. Held the ball up, very rarely gave the ball away and his pace terrified the Rovers defence.
Thought Ingram was good with shot stopping and crosses but concerned with his mobility / positioning (always seems flat footed).
Washington started brightly but tailed off and I cannot understand why he consistently tries to run behind the defender in the hope that he misses the ball (rather than compete for the ball) even at League 1 level, very few defenders will make a mistake like that.
Nice touches by the young lad who came on to replace BOS.
Cousins broke up play better in the second half but I thought he struggled in the first and Pav never looks like a CM.
Hall was good but noticed a couple of sloppy passes (which he also did in the U23 match against Forest) so early days but more match fitness required which is understandable.
Still, a 3-0 win will do them good and I think the BOS performance will give SM some food for thought

You must've left before the end as it finished 3-1. Luckily Ollies not around to give you stick !!!
Just back on 23:10 - Aug 28 with 4970 viewsbasshoop

Just back on 23:07 - Aug 28 by smegma

You must've left before the end as it finished 3-1. Luckily Ollies not around to give you stick !!!

Good point well made. I actually did stay around (just in case you’re checking Ollie) but blanked their goal
Just back on 23:14 - Aug 28 with 4946 viewsBushRanger82

I can't help but feel that McLaren got away with that.

Despite him though, we managed to get through to round 3. That's all that matters.

Now, for a plum tie in the next round, please.
Home to either Chelsea or Tottenham will do me.
Just back on 23:22 - Aug 28 with 4859 viewsWestbourneR

Just back on 23:14 - Aug 28 by BushRanger82

I can't help but feel that McLaren got away with that.

Despite him though, we managed to get through to round 3. That's all that matters.

Now, for a plum tie in the next round, please.
Home to either Chelsea or Tottenham will do me.

Kakay and Bright stand out performers
Cousins gets around but he’s extremely average on the ball and gets caught in possession. He improved as the game went on.
Hamelienen started wobbly and massively improved. He’s a bit lightweight. Showed he’s got a great cross on him late on. I’d like to see him get into so positions more often.
Pav was poor

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Just back on 23:24 - Aug 28 with 4834 viewsDWQPR

Am I the only one who thought Cousins was dogs fudge? Didn’t have a clue when he had the ball and about 90% of the time he went backwards. Weak in the tackle and quite frankly isn’t a footballer. Certainly not in my club. Agree that BOS was MOTM. Enjoyed Kakay’s performance and as for Pav, that was a strange 90 minutes from him.

As far as the subs were concerned never ever heard of four of them

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just back on 23:34 - Aug 28 with 4768 viewskropotkin41

Best just repeat something that seems worth repeating........... the new stadium is not required for more fans, it's required for non-match day revenue. More of us turning up will follow on from us not being broke as b*stards all the time...........

So, let's get this clear: it wouldn't matter if only one Rs fan tuned up tonight, that has nothing to do with whether we need a new stadium or not........... FFS!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Just back on 23:59 - Aug 28 with 4641 viewsenfieldargh

Just back on 23:24 - Aug 28 by DWQPR

Am I the only one who thought Cousins was dogs fudge? Didn’t have a clue when he had the ball and about 90% of the time he went backwards. Weak in the tackle and quite frankly isn’t a footballer. Certainly not in my club. Agree that BOS was MOTM. Enjoyed Kakay’s performance and as for Pav, that was a strange 90 minutes from him.

As far as the subs were concerned never ever heard of four of them

I thought cousins was dire.

Yes he broke up play occasionally but his first thought on receiving the ball is to play is backwards.

Washington worked his socks off but is never given a decent pass or has no idea where to run.

Matt Smith similar vein. I like Smith but sometimes I can't help but feel that Matt is the front end and Washington the heads down back end of a pantomime horse.

Pleased we got through and well dones to BOS Hammilinen Kakay.

Im sure theres a roll of cling film across the school end goal when we defend it as the ball wont go in for the opposition

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 00:05 - Aug 29 with 4595 viewssmegma

Just back on 23:59 - Aug 28 by enfieldargh

Yes he broke up play occasionally but his first thought on receiving the ball is to play is backwards.

Washington worked his socks off but is never given a decent pass or has no idea where to run.

Matt Smith similar vein. I like Smith but sometimes I can't help but feel that Matt is the front end and Washington the heads down back end of a pantomime horse.

Im sure theres a roll of cling film across the school end goal when we defend it as the ball wont go in for the opposition

Your description of Washington and Smith is spot
on !!!
Just back on 00:15 - Aug 29 with 4569 views1JD

Just back on 23:59 - Aug 28 by enfieldargh

Thought both forwards were very poor indeeed. Both are really League 1 standard strikers and we are in for a treat with Wells and Hemed going forward, where the gap will become increasingly obvious.

Smith offers nothing in overall game play. Nothing. Slow, cumbesome, and a terrible touch. Nothing sticks and possession is given away time and again and we can’t build any attacks. Whereas Washington is just a headless chicken - always does the wrong thing, no intelligence, nothing ever comes off, entirely predictable and not even fast - very slow off the mark and never gets away from his marker. Ever.
Just back on 00:20 - Aug 29 with 4548 viewsKiwi76

Smith does seem to have potential at least as our Plan B/ throw it into mixer type sub - if can get crosses into the box he will get the odd header won't he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024