Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 22:28 - Aug 28 with 7511 viewsbullythebear

Early goals once again helped in a comfortable performance. BOS man of the match. Cousins ran the midfield. Not sure why Pav was playing centre mid and Chair in a wider position but can’t criticise with that win. Kakay was very good. Hamalainen unfortunately wasn’t and we need to hope Bidwell stays fit. Hall clearly some way off match fitness but good to see him out there and Baptiste very solid albeit against poor opposition. Ingram was solid with some decent saves and good punches from corners, kicked well. Kid that came on at the end showed some nice touches and looks exciting. Well done to Brizzle fans who came in numbers.
Just back on 00:29 - Aug 29 with 1821 viewssmegma

Just back on 23:14 - Aug 28 by BushRanger82

I can't help but feel that McLaren got away with that.

Despite him though, we managed to get through to round 3. That's all that matters.

Now, for a plum tie in the next round, please.
Home to either Chelsea or Tottenham will do me.

Got away with what ??
Just back on 00:31 - Aug 29 with 1814 viewsHunterhoop

Is anyone able to explain why on earth Pavel played centre mid not right midfield?

We signed Poland’s back up right winger. He started very well for us at right wing when finally given a chance. We made his deal permanent...and then consecutive managers seem determined not to play him at right wing. Baffling.
Just back on 00:35 - Aug 29 with 1806 viewssmegma

Just back on 00:31 - Aug 29 by Hunterhoop

Is anyone able to explain why on earth Pavel played centre mid not right midfield?

We signed Poland’s back up right winger. He started very well for us at right wing when finally given a chance. We made his deal permanent...and then consecutive managers seem determined not to play him at right wing. Baffling.

I too was baffled. Maybe he doesn't trust Chair in that position due to his age and inexperience, who knows ??
Just back on 01:44 - Aug 29 with 1731 viewstimcocking

Just back on 00:15 - Aug 29 by 1JD

Thought both forwards were very poor indeeed. Both are really League 1 standard strikers and we are in for a treat with Wells and Hemed going forward, where the gap will become increasingly obvious.

Smith offers nothing in overall game play. Nothing. Slow, cumbesome, and a terrible touch. Nothing sticks and possession is given away time and again and we can’t build any attacks. Whereas Washington is just a headless chicken - always does the wrong thing, no intelligence, nothing ever comes off, entirely predictable and not even fast - very slow off the mark and never gets away from his marker. Ever.

Matt Smith is a tough call. He's effectively like sanctioned cheating. It doesn't matter how bad we are, with Matt Smith on, we're in the game. We'd never be any good, but we'd be able to steal results because of him. Plus, people shouldn't underestimate his immense contributions in the Rangers penalty box defending set pieces.

He's an absolutely superb option to have as a sub or a plan B.

Poor Connor, he just needs to drop back down a division. He's a superb player at that level i should think.
Just back on 05:09 - Aug 29 with 1652 viewsBushRanger82

A massive 11 changes to the team that played Saturday.

A bench consisting mostly of kids with no first team experience.

We've been brought low by less, in this competition recently.
Just back on 05:11 - Aug 29 with 1649 viewsBushRanger82

The above post was addressed to Smegma.
Just back on 06:42 - Aug 29 with 1584 viewssmegma

Just back on 05:09 - Aug 29 by BushRanger82

And those kids played well. We thoroughly deserved to be in front at half time and it could've been more. Second half Rovers put on a good show but we were never in any trouble as such. My only problem was the amount of headers we failed to win in our own box.
Just back on 06:58 - Aug 29 with 1568 viewsbarbicanranger

I wasn’t at the game but listened on QPR+. Heard Bristol weren’t that great BUT credit where it’s due - we started a weakened team with several changes and we got the job done with some ease. Something that few managers have been able to achieve in recent years.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 07:04 - Aug 29 with 1553 views08olesen

A good Tuesday night game. Credit must go to Matt Ingram, he looked solid and his distribution was much improved. Pav took his goal well, but really should be out on the wing. Cousins was ok, but lost the ball a lot. I think it was a game that someone like Ale Faurlin would have bossed, there was lots of space in midfield and lots of time to spray it out to the left and right wings. All round a good performance from the Rs.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Just back on 07:14 - Aug 29 with 1540 viewseastside_r

Just back on 23:24 - Aug 28 by DWQPR

Am I the only one who thought Cousins was dogs fudge? Didn’t have a clue when he had the ball and about 90% of the time he went backwards. Weak in the tackle and quite frankly isn’t a footballer. Certainly not in my club. Agree that BOS was MOTM. Enjoyed Kakay’s performance and as for Pav, that was a strange 90 minutes from him.

As far as the subs were concerned never ever heard of four of them

Have to agree about Cousins' performance. I would not go as far as saying he's 'not a footballer' but his confidence seems shot to bits; evidenced by the always going backwards.

Last night was his opportunity to be the midfield general against supposedly weaker opponents. I don't think Luongo or Scowen will be losing any sleep.
Just back on 07:52 - Aug 29 with 1462 viewsJamesB1979

Despite him though, we managed to get through to round 3. That's all that matters.

Despite him we won?? But when we lose it’s down to him.
Just back on 08:14 - Aug 29 with 1414 viewsAgedR

Just back on 01:44 - Aug 29 by timcocking

Matt Smith is a tough call. He's effectively like sanctioned cheating. It doesn't matter how bad we are, with Matt Smith on, we're in the game. We'd never be any good, but we'd be able to steal results because of him. Plus, people shouldn't underestimate his immense contributions in the Rangers penalty box defending set pieces.

He's an absolutely superb option to have as a sub or a plan B.

Poor Connor, he just needs to drop back down a division. He's a superb player at that level i should think.

Agree. He wins everything in the air. With a better foil up top he would score 15 a season and create 20+. There was a moment last night when he laid off a header to Connor, who completely misread it. Smith looked and gesticulated in as much frustration as a nice well mannered boy like him would ever show.

Plus it was a blistering header.

I do think we needed strength up front, but, by getting two loans in, on undoubtedly high wages, is just lazy from McLaren and smells too much like Redknapp for my liking.

I enjoyed it last night. My expectations were low, we played ok and the 11 changes showed the squad has depth.

McLaren remains ‘on watch’ though.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just back on 08:35 - Aug 29 with 1352 viewsMick_S

Just back on 22:50 - Aug 28 by bosh67

QPR set to move away from Loftus Road and into someone's back garden.

That's nice - we can be like Luton.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just back on 08:42 - Aug 29 with 1326 viewswrinklyhoop

Just back on 23:00 - Aug 28 by BlackCrowe

How one earth does anyone who's 5'10" or more tolerate the legroom in S.Africa Road stand. Flipping horrendous, it's like Ryanair. East Paddock feels like business class in comparison and that's saying something.

Yeah I hate having to sit in SAR for Cup games. Ellerslie might be cramped but SAR far worse! Perhaps we can draw a top London team at home and open the whole ground, so I can have my own seat 😀
Just back on 08:55 - Aug 29 with 1283 viewssimmo

Think any criticism of Cousins is especially harsh as he was the only natural centre mid playing and he essentially did the job of 2 people. Pav had little pockets in the game and took his goal lovely but his positioning was all over the place (as you'd expect) and offered nothing defensively, felt sorry for Cousins and thought he dealt with it all pretty well.

BOS was electric, makes such a difference having a direct and relentless runner with pace in the team. At this level just being fast and aggresive with it is about all you need to make something happen - Lloyd Dyer made a career out of it and I wish more players were like that - little Smyth is another that's shown it doesn't take much... I think there's now a very good case to drop one of Eze/Freeman for BOS in this 4-4-2.

Washington very poor again, a lot of bluster as usual but this is his level really and he couldn't make any kind of impact. Mis-read every flick on and long ball, ran down blind alleys and kept making the wrong runs, thank god we have Wells now. I'd genuinely rather have Smyth over Washington now, if we can get the latter a loan.

Still, it's a win and hopefully means an interesting away draw on Thursday - Burton is my preference please!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Just back on 09:16 - Aug 29 with 1225 viewsDevon_4_England

BOS had an excellent game, liked his tracking back to cover Niko as well.

I'd like us to continue our Cup run so a home tie is a must. Macclesfield or Blackpool at home will do.

Or Spurs away at Wembley if we get drawn away
Just back on 09:30 - Aug 29 with 1171 viewsstevec

Just back on 09:16 - Aug 29 by Devon_4_England

BOS had an excellent game, liked his tracking back to cover Niko as well.

I'd like us to continue our Cup run so a home tie is a must. Macclesfield or Blackpool at home will do.

Or Spurs away at Wembley if we get drawn away

That's a good call, be nice to see what it's like to reach the 4th round but a trip to Wembley the next best thing.
Just back on 09:45 - Aug 29 with 1132 viewsCamberleyR

No thanks. I want us to get as far as we can in this competition so the longer we can avoid Premier League opposition the better as far as I'm concerned. We haven't been to the fourth round in about 10 years and the fifth round (last 8) for 30.

Another L1 or L2 opponent at home please.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Just back on 10:01 - Aug 29 with 1086 viewsfrancisbowles

Just back on 09:45 - Aug 29 by CamberleyR

No thanks. I want us to get as far as we can in this competition so the longer we can avoid Premier League opposition the better as far as I'm concerned. We haven't been to the fourth round in about 10 years and the fifth round (last 8) for 30.

Another L1 or L2 opponent at home please.

Playing a top side in the next round could undo that bit of confidence we have just started to rebuild. If WBA can get seven against us then be worried if we draw a better club.
Just back on 10:06 - Aug 29 with 1074 viewsbeanofire1

Just back on 23:00 - Aug 28 by BlackCrowe

How one earth does anyone who's 5'10" or more tolerate the legroom in S.Africa Road stand. Flipping horrendous, it's like Ryanair. East Paddock feels like business class in comparison and that's saying something.

I hear you BlackCrowe. I think my days of coming to LR are at an end. I now have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I have to keep moving my legs to stop my knees from locking. No chance of that at LR, unless I take them off an put them in a ruck sack!!

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Just back on 10:09 - Aug 29 with 1065 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 05:09 - Aug 29 by BushRanger82

Soooooooooooooooooo SMc massively criticised for discarding youngsters and now massively criticised for playing them?!!!!!!

He's not going to win in your eyes is he?
Just back on 10:12 - Aug 29 with 1055 viewsbeanofire1

Just back on 10:09 - Aug 29 by PinnerPaul

Soooooooooooooooooo SMc massively criticised for discarding youngsters and now massively criticised for playing them?!!!!!!

He's not going to win in your eyes is he?

I for one am really glad taht McClaren played the youngsters. That was the remit he was given when he was bought into the club. We need to bring as many youngsters through as possible from here on in.
And let's be honest, even if we had lost, we have gone out of this competition with stronger teams over the years. It looks like most of them had a chance and mostly, took it!

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Just back on 10:15 - Aug 29 with 1044 views1JD

Just back on 08:14 - Aug 29 by AgedR

Agree. He wins everything in the air. With a better foil up top he would score 15 a season and create 20+. There was a moment last night when he laid off a header to Connor, who completely misread it. Smith looked and gesticulated in as much frustration as a nice well mannered boy like him would ever show.

Plus it was a blistering header.

I do think we needed strength up front, but, by getting two loans in, on undoubtedly high wages, is just lazy from McLaren and smells too much like Redknapp for my liking.

I enjoyed it last night. My expectations were low, we played ok and the 11 changes showed the squad has depth.

McLaren remains ‘on watch’ though.

Smith wins everything in the air? Absolute tosh! He can’t hold the ball up to save his life and game after game often gets beaten to the ball when favorite, by smaller centre halves. It’s like he has lead in his boots.

Put a cross in however, and more often than not he beats his marker and wins the header. I can’t work our the polar opposites of his in-game play in the air vs him attacking the ball from wide. Or maybe it’s just that, he is able to gamble better and get a run on his marker. But he definitely does not win everything in the air, Preston and West Brom being the most recent examples - got beaten to the ball everytime in the air and won nothing.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 10:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024