Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oteh 12:31 - Sep 3 with 6581 viewsconnell10

Given new three year deal.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Oteh on 12:41 - Sep 3 with 5217 viewsderbyhoop

Offered.

Indicates club believe he can make it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Oteh on 13:33 - Sep 3 with 5066 viewsNorthernr

I'm intrigued by him.
Scored bags for the U23s last year, scored on first team debut at Burton, but played in that bristol City game where we lost to ten men and Holloway said something along the lines of "a few of the younger players need to do more, they haven't made it yet" afterwards and he didn't play again.
One would have thought he'd have made more sense than Washington anyway against Bristol Rovers, but especially as we cancelled washington's contract a few days later.
Now a three year deal.

What's also of note is he's another one who has a year's option on the club's side. Big tactic of Hoos' this, same with Eze before he signed his deal, Smyth. Bet there's a few like that.
Oteh on 13:43 - Sep 3 with 5028 viewsconnell10

Oteh on 13:33 - Sep 3 by Northernr

I'm intrigued by him.
Scored bags for the U23s last year, scored on first team debut at Burton, but played in that bristol City game where we lost to ten men and Holloway said something along the lines of "a few of the younger players need to do more, they haven't made it yet" afterwards and he didn't play again.
One would have thought he'd have made more sense than Washington anyway against Bristol Rovers, but especially as we cancelled washington's contract a few days later.
Now a three year deal.

What's also of note is he's another one who has a year's option on the club's side. Big tactic of Hoos' this, same with Eze before he signed his deal, Smyth. Bet there's a few like that.

I like the look of him mate, could be a good un.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Oteh on 13:52 - Sep 3 with 4983 viewsSimonJames

I'm intrigued by him.
Now a three year deal.

On the subject of Washington... now signed by a (currently) more successful team than ours. I start wondering what ways other teams see of getting better performances out of players that we are missing.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Oteh on 13:57 - Sep 3 with 4958 viewsTheChef

Oteh on 13:52 - Sep 3 by SimonJames

On the subject of Washington... now signed by a (currently) more successful team than ours. I start wondering what ways other teams see of getting better performances out of players that we are missing.

I see Washington got 9 minutes off the bench on Saturday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Oteh on 13:57 - Sep 3 with 4955 viewsNorthernr

Oteh on 13:52 - Sep 3 by SimonJames

We're a difficult team/club to play for for a number of reasons IMO.

- the constant changing of manager. And not only that but the wildly different styles of manager we go for. Warnock > Hughes > Redknapp > Ramsey > JFH > Holloway > McClaren is ridiculous really. The style and shape of the team changes completely every time as a result, and players who some managers like get completely ignored by their successor.

- the fact that we're having to cut and cut and cut again, and have been doing for years, makes everything more of a struggle, more of an effort.

- Expectations from supporters/board members are out of whack with what we can realistically achieve in our current form, which affects atmosphere, levels of support etc.

- For strikers, we don't exactly flood them with chances do we?
Oteh on 14:34 - Sep 3 with 4840 viewspeejaybee

Oteh on 13:57 - Sep 3 by Northernr

- the constant changing of manager. And not only that but the wildly different styles of manager we go for. Warnock > Hughes > Redknapp > Ramsey > JFH > Holloway > McClaren is ridiculous really. The style and shape of the team changes completely every time as a result, and players who some managers like get completely ignored by their successor.

- the fact that we're having to cut and cut and cut again, and have been doing for years, makes everything more of a struggle, more of an effort.

- Expectations from supporters/board members are out of whack with what we can realistically achieve in our current form, which affects atmosphere, levels of support etc.

Yeah,But we try hard dont we

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Oteh on 15:30 - Sep 3 with 4703 viewsPinnerPaul

Oteh on 13:57 - Sep 3 by Northernr

1 & 3 apply to lots of clubs though and we're hardly unique in regards to 4 either!
Login to get fewer ads

Oteh on 16:07 - Sep 3 with 4626 viewsDavieQPR

Yes , contract expires end of season but we have an option to extend for another year.
Oteh on 16:18 - Sep 3 with 4568 viewsNorthernr

Oteh on 15:30 - Sep 3 by PinnerPaul

1 & 3 apply to lots of clubs though and we're hardly unique in regards to 4 either!

Do all four apply to lots of clubs all at once?
Oteh on 16:55 - Sep 3 with 4445 viewssmegma

I'm intrigued by him.
Now a three year deal.

The clubs top scorer at all levels last season and has 2 goals in his 4 under 23 games so far this season. I think he needs to go out on loan unless Steve has plans for him. Didn't have a great game today for an hour yet got his customary goal, a sign of a good player.
Oteh on 18:45 - Sep 3 with 4230 viewsPinnerPaul

Oteh on 16:18 - Sep 3 by Northernr

Do all four apply to lots of clubs all at once?

No , that's true.

That was a point I made after one of your previews.

Most, although not all!, our calamities befall lots of clubs, but they don't ALL happen at one like with us!

The manager one is interesting though isn't it?

Hasn't helped a lot of clubs - long list - but us, Birmingham, West Ham spring to mind immediately - but seems to have worked for a few - Watford the most high profile example at the moment I guess.

With players really only interested in the money, I do wonder how much other factors, like those you mention, really do matter though.
Oteh on 21:22 - Sep 3 with 3980 viewsbosh67

I often wonder if Les gets out from behind the desk and does any work with these lads. Oteh is quite a big fast unit and he seems to be the kind of raw talent that Les could really help make it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Oteh on 00:43 - Sep 4 with 3798 viewstimcocking

Offered, isn't it?

I don't see QPR as such a good bet for young players to develop now we have McClaren sadly. He doesn't seem interested in picking any even if they are doing well.

Bright's treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. Doesn't he score within the first five minutes of every appearance so far? Take him off after quarter of an hour when we're one nil up.
Oteh on 08:54 - Sep 4 with 3642 viewssmegma

We've played 8 games and McLaren has given debuts to two young players already. He's also picked Chair, Eze ,BOS and Smyth this season. So where this comes from is beyond me.
Oteh on 09:12 - Sep 4 with 3625 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oteh on 08:54 - Sep 4 by smegma

We've played 8 games and McLaren has given debuts to two young players already. He's also picked Chair, Eze ,BOS and Smyth this season. So where this comes from is beyond me.

Sensible post, Smeg.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oteh on 09:53 - Sep 4 with 3579 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Oteh on 00:43 - Sep 4 by timcocking

Offered, isn't it?

I don't see QPR as such a good bet for young players to develop now we have McClaren sadly. He doesn't seem interested in picking any even if they are doing well.

Bright's treatment has been nothing short of disgraceful. Doesn't he score within the first five minutes of every appearance so far? Take him off after quarter of an hour when we're one nil up.

Not sure that is fair given he was publically lauding BOS after last weeks cup game.
Oteh on 11:46 - Sep 4 with 3470 viewsBirminghamR

Oteh on 08:54 - Sep 4 by smegma

Hi Smeg, its appears to me that McLaren has rolled back bigtime on the bringing forward "youth" meme.
And tbf McLaren cannot afford to have another high profile failure on his CV - much much safer to draft in experience than work with the youngsters.
So its looking like we are back in short term rather than long term planning.
BTW I'm not arguing we didn't need new experienced players after losing so many - but McLaren is not doing his job if he doesn't give responsibility to younger players too - revolving BOS, Smyth, Chair, Manning (when back) in midfiled would do for a start and Oteh up front
Oteh on 12:13 - Sep 4 with 3409 viewslave16

Oteh on 11:46 - Sep 4 by BirminghamR

Hi Smeg, its appears to me that McLaren has rolled back bigtime on the bringing forward "youth" meme.
And tbf McLaren cannot afford to have another high profile failure on his CV - much much safer to draft in experience than work with the youngsters.
BTW I'm not arguing we didn't need new experienced players after losing so many - but McLaren is not doing his job if he doesn't give responsibility to younger players too - revolving BOS, Smyth, Chair, Manning (when back) in midfiled would do for a start and Oteh up front

When's Oteh going out on loan

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Oteh on 12:43 - Sep 4 with 3345 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Oteh on 11:46 - Sep 4 by BirminghamR

In fairness to McClaren he did say from the start that he wanted to add some experience to the squad, as well as coach the youngsters. Which is kind of what he’s done (eventually). The latter part clearly isn’t going to happen overnight.

We lost Furlong to injury and he’d surely be playing. I’ve been impressed with Kakay but I can see why they brought Rangel in too. Hopefully Kakay will get plenty more game time. I was gutted to see Manning go but he’s now getting great experience oop in Rotherham playing week in week out. He’d never be getting that here for whatever reason. In addition to that we’ve tied 3 of our best prospects down to long contracts.

I’m not against criticism of McClaren for the team’s results and performances but it’s a bit unfair to criticise him for this. Especially after the summer we’ve had, none of which was his fault.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Oteh on 13:03 - Sep 4 with 3318 viewsaston_hoop

3 year deal officially signed. Good luck to him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Oteh on 13:13 - Sep 4 with 3296 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oteh on 13:03 - Sep 4 by aston_hoop

3 year deal officially signed. Good luck to him.

Good stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oteh on 13:46 - Sep 4 with 3247 viewsEsox_Lucius

Oteh on 21:22 - Sep 3 by bosh67

I often wonder if Les gets out from behind the desk and does any work with these lads. Oteh is quite a big fast unit and he seems to be the kind of raw talent that Les could really help make it.

About a year or so ago he was seen on the sidelines with Paul Hall at a youth team game. The mouth breathers construed that as Evil Les sticking his oar in and not letting people get on with their jobs.
He probably does have a lot to offer but not the inclination after treatment like that; not because he is a shrinking violet, but because he wants the youth team management to get on with their, so far, successful rebuilding of our youth teams... but not if you're Pete McCullagh as his expert opinion has it the opposite to that.

The grass is always greener.

Oteh on 20:21 - Sep 4 with 3064 viewsBurnleyhoop

So we appointed MaClaren to use his extensive coaching talents and experience to develop our youngsters. Why then send them out on loan?

Should we not retain them and develop them for inclusion in the first team set up sometime in the near future?

or are we that desperate for cash we need to do it to pay for this seasons expensive loan signings that were clearly needed to avoid what looked like impending relegation.

Our strategy changes on a weekly basis and is the cause of our never ending instability. Reactionary is the byword for our approach....not good.
Oteh on 00:12 - Sep 5 with 2953 viewssmegma

Oteh on 20:21 - Sep 4 by Burnleyhoop

So we appointed MaClaren to use his extensive coaching talents and experience to develop our youngsters. Why then send them out on loan?

Should we not retain them and develop them for inclusion in the first team set up sometime in the near future?

or are we that desperate for cash we need to do it to pay for this seasons expensive loan signings that were clearly needed to avoid what looked like impending relegation.

Our strategy changes on a weekly basis and is the cause of our never ending instability. Reactionary is the byword for our approach....not good.

Eze went on loan a year ago, was that a bad decision ???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024