Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall 17:37 - Sep 3 with 13388 viewsdavman

Face it, he isn't on the comeback trail, is he? Surely if he were, he would have been given 90 minutes for the U23s today to prove he can last a game? This seems to be the longest, staggered comeback in the history of sport. A full pre-season and, what, 60 minutes since?

Not holding my breath on that one...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Grant Hall on 21:12 - Sep 5 with 2050 viewsHunterhoop

Grant Hall on 16:50 - Sep 5 by rsonist

Sorry, I just think it's a bit much to casually speculate on his commitment because he's "good mates with JET lest we forget" and had the cheek to have a good time in Dubai once. The bloke might as easily be in bits every day for all we know, which is nothing.

“...which is nothing”?

Eh?

I have his injury. Have done for 12 years. Had Physio. Had acupuncture. Had blood spinning. Read up on professional sportsman with the same injury. It’s uncomfortable and painful but nothing like an ACL rupture, which i’ve also had, including recovering from full knee reconstruction. Rehab is nothing like the latter too.

If you were a mate, who played it as an amateur, yeah, fine, stop playing. As a professional, is there not an obligation to put your body on the line?
Grant Hall on 21:54 - Sep 5 with 2004 viewsDannyPaddox

Someone said their patella tendanapothy is a massive pain in the arse. Surely that's a case of mixed metatarsals no?
Grant Hall on 22:31 - Sep 5 with 1933 viewsqprrunner

Grant Hall on 15:33 - Sep 5 by Esox_Lucius

What a crock. You outline just how difficult it is to rehabilitate his injury then accuse him of just picking up a wage because his profession is to look after his body. No it it isn't, it is to play football at a very high standard and to rely upon his employers to supply the best medical treatment they can for any injuries sustained whilst fulfilling that part.
Perhaps you could also outline what is an acceptable amount of pain to be in too whilst carrying out his role in a team; enough that he can't walk properly for a few days after a game and jeopardising his ability to walk after his career is over?
As an amateur I played in pain and used to take Ibuprofen before and during games to get me through the 90+ minutes which has now left me with a gastric infalmmation problem. What did that get me? a displaced patella and osteo arthritis in my left knee, and L4-L5 back injury that has me immobile for days at a time on occasions and needs constant exercise and flexibility work to stop it seizing up and I still can't do many ordinary gardening jobs as I seize up. I have Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot which was aggravated by playing with an ankle injury and a groin strain which I carried on playing for weeks before throwing the towel in and resting it means I have severely limited adductor and hip flexor mobility. I really wish I could have my time over again because I sure as sh!t wouldn't play whilst injured no matter what the incentive. Look how many old school footballers ended up crippled or unable to walk after "shots in the knees" just to get them on the pitch.
I wish Grant a full recovery but if it isn't to be I won't be slagging him off for giving up.

Time consuming? Yes. Difficult when you have the right people around you? No, not at all.

My physio who has been brilliant with me has always said total rest is the worst thing you can do with these types of injuries, as it not only weakens the tendon but the muscles around it. Problem is before I knew that as soon as I felt pain or inflammation I'd rest - making it worse and worse.

I also play amateur football (won the AFA Senior cup last year with old actonians for those asking)and was on the ibuprofen diet for half of last season until I found my latest physio. The rehab is meant to hurt and put a bit of stress on the tendon to help it repare and get stronger, so to answer your question anything higher than a 6 out of 10 I'd stop or lessen the load.

His job as a professional athlete is to be in the best physical shape he can possibly be in and although a chronic injury if looked after properly he should be able to play 90 minutes on a Saturday no problem imho!
Grant Hall on 08:11 - Sep 6 with 1826 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, we just lurch from one bowl of angsty conjecture to the next....

I have never read or heard anything from anyone at the club or from any well-placed supporters questioning Hall's commitment. Quite the reverse - his leadership and example have always been touted and praised.

Yet, on this thread, as with so many on LFW on here of late all that goes out the window and we just worry ourselves to death. This thread started with theories that he'd never play again. When that calmed down, we jumped screaming and bawling into accusations that he might recover but may not want to.

I love this board, we all use it to stay in touch, have a laugh and share the Rangers love, we use it for advice on legal matters, Postman Pat and flat-top roofs. It's gotten me back in touch with and kept me in touch with so many Rangers friends. I would not be as close to Rangers as I am now without Loft for Words, Clive and all of you. And I really am thankful. But, honest to the good fuggin' God, ye'll have yerselves an 'eart attack. Can we all just breathe a bit, and get back a bit of calmness, joy and wild abandon.

It's supposed to be a laugh, folks. It's supposed to be fun.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall on 08:25 - Sep 6 with 1804 viewssmegma

Grant Hall on 08:11 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I have never read or heard anything from anyone at the club or from any well-placed supporters questioning Hall's commitment. Quite the reverse - his leadership and example have always been touted and praised.

Yet, on this thread, as with so many on LFW on here of late all that goes out the window and we just worry ourselves to death. This thread started with theories that he'd never play again. When that calmed down, we jumped screaming and bawling into accusations that he might recover but may not want to.

I love this board, we all use it to stay in touch, have a laugh and share the Rangers love, we use it for advice on legal matters, Postman Pat and flat-top roofs. It's gotten me back in touch with and kept me in touch with so many Rangers friends. I would not be as close to Rangers as I am now without Loft for Words, Clive and all of you. And I really am thankful. But, honest to the good fuggin' God, ye'll have yerselves an 'eart attack. Can we all just breathe a bit, and get back a bit of calmness, joy and wild abandon.

Favourite cheese??
Grant Hall on 08:38 - Sep 6 with 1771 viewsHunterhoop

Grant Hall on 08:11 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Massive overreaction, Bri. I’m far from anxious. Just a thread including some perfectly reasonable concerns, hopefully unrealised, with everyone hoping he makes it back.
Grant Hall on 08:45 - Sep 6 with 1765 viewssmegma

Grant Hall on 08:38 - Sep 6 by Hunterhoop

Massive overreaction, Bri. I’m far from anxious. Just a thread including some perfectly reasonable concerns, hopefully unrealised, with everyone hoping he makes it back.

Saying he is mates with JET is a huge over reaction.
Grant Hall on 09:22 - Sep 6 with 1727 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 08:38 - Sep 6 by Hunterhoop

Wasn't aimed at you at all, Hunter, and not really a dig at anyone. More a general observation, the craic level on here is pretty low at the moment and I just think we could do with lightening up.

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall on 09:24 - Sep 6 with 1716 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 08:25 - Sep 6 by smegma

Favourite cheese??

Ah man, I loooooove cheese. But I've eaten so much of it my stomach can no longer hack it at all and I've joined the ranks of the lactose-intolerant.

I am now intolerant of Cheese, Chel$e@ and other words strting with Ch.

Grant Hall on 09:37 - Sep 6 with 1695 viewsfrancisbowles

Grant Hall on 09:24 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah man, I loooooove cheese. But I've eaten so much of it my stomach can no longer hack it at all and I've joined the ranks of the lactose-intolerant.

Ha ha! Made me laugh Brian as I am in that group as well.
Grant Hall on 11:19 - Sep 6 with 1646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Grant Hall on 09:37 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

Ha ha! Made me laugh Brian as I am in that group as well.

Ah, it's a dose, isn't it?!

No Brie, Camembert, Goat's Cheese...nothing....and if a solitary slice of cheddar dropped down my gullet my back end would power enough wind turbines to warm half the Western World.

Grant Hall on 11:40 - Sep 6 with 1628 viewsMick_S

Grant Hall on 11:19 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

No Brie, Camembert, Goat's Cheese...nothing....and if a solitary slice of cheddar dropped down my gullet my back end would power enough wind turbines to warm half the Western World.

Orsted completes world's largest offshore wind farm in Irish Sea ...

Surely not...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Grant Hall on 12:13 - Sep 6 with 1586 viewsHunterhoop

Grant Hall on 08:45 - Sep 6 by smegma

Saying he is mates with JET is a huge over reaction.

Why?

I’m sure I read it somewhere. I think he put stuff up on twitter or Instagram about it. Personally (and not just with footballers), I do think your friends can give an indication to your character. They don’t define you, obviously, but they’re surely relevant to an assessment of someone.

My concerns, knowing what I do about the injury, centre around how much he truly wants to return and whether he’s willing to play with some pain, because most players who have played with his condition have done so. Along this line, being friends with a waster like JET is surely of some relevance. Doesn’t define him. But certainly don’t think it’s an overreaction to mention it. Without getting all cyclical, to say it is, is, in itself, an overreaction to the comment in the first place.

Anyway, I want my concerns to turn out to be unnecessary. I want him to make a comeback. Christ, we need him. And i’ll support him 100% when does. But all that doesn’t make him above question. He’s been out for a long time. Concerns are perfectly fair to be voiced. That’s all.
Grant Hall on 14:08 - Sep 6 with 1475 viewsfrancisbowles

Grant Hall on 11:19 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes all that and for me it creates mucus and it takes me about a week to decongest.

I seem to be better with Goat's cheese and not too bad with Mozzarella so pizza not completely out.
Grant Hall on 14:46 - Sep 6 with 1443 viewssmegma

Grant Hall on 12:13 - Sep 6 by Hunterhoop

Why?

I’m sure I read it somewhere. I think he put stuff up on twitter or Instagram about it. Personally (and not just with footballers), I do think your friends can give an indication to your character. They don’t define you, obviously, but they’re surely relevant to an assessment of someone.

My concerns, knowing what I do about the injury, centre around how much he truly wants to return and whether he’s willing to play with some pain, because most players who have played with his condition have done so. Along this line, being friends with a waster like JET is surely of some relevance. Doesn’t define him. But certainly don’t think it’s an overreaction to mention it. Without getting all cyclical, to say it is, is, in itself, an overreaction to the comment in the first place.

Anyway, I want my concerns to turn out to be unnecessary. I want him to make a comeback. Christ, we need him. And i’ll support him 100% when does. But all that doesn’t make him above question. He’s been out for a long time. Concerns are perfectly fair to be voiced. That’s all.

THEY WERE TEAM MATES FFS !!!!!
Grant Hall on 17:23 - Sep 6 with 1364 viewsPunteR

Grant Hall on 19:32 - Sep 5 by Esox_Lucius

?

You played amatuer football, you didn't get the best treatment or was looked after dailly. That's probably why you suffered/suffer later on in life.
Two posters who suffer the same issues as Hall have both said in their opinion he could probably play if managed properly which is interesting.
Maybe for insurance purposes he cant play, maybe it's a psychological thing, maybe an attitude thing, who knows ?
Is he even our best CB ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall on 17:28 - Sep 6 with 1351 viewsMatch82

https://goo.gl/images/tbo9sM
Grant Hall on 17:42 - Sep 6 with 1327 viewsTW_R

Chocolate?
Grant Hall on 17:50 - Sep 6 with 1321 viewsLblock

Don't tell me you've had to give up Chasing the Dragon???

What to do for a post surfing fix now then?

Certianly can't binge out on Chips or Chupa Chunks

Sh1t man.... what a bummer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Grant Hall on 17:53 - Sep 6 with 1319 viewsTW_R

Grant Hall on 17:50 - Sep 6 by Lblock

Don't tell me you've had to give up Chasing the Dragon???

What to do for a post surfing fix now then?

Certianly can't binge out on Chips or Chupa Chunks

Sh1t man.... what a bummer

Chicken?
Grant Hall on 18:02 - Sep 6 with 1300 viewsLblock

Grant Hall on 17:53 - Sep 6 by TW_R

Chicken?

Chow-mein?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Grant Hall on 18:14 - Sep 6 with 1288 viewsTW_R

Grant Hall on 18:02 - Sep 6 by Lblock

Chow-mein?

Cherries?
Grant Hall on 19:25 - Sep 6 with 1206 viewsHunterhoop

Grant Hall on 14:46 - Sep 6 by smegma

THEY WERE TEAM MATES FFS !!!!!

But they went on holiday together. Do you go on holiday with your work colleagues?
Grant Hall on 19:30 - Sep 6 with 1198 viewsHunterhoop

Grant Hall on 17:23 - Sep 6 by PunteR

You played amatuer football, you didn't get the best treatment or was looked after dailly. That's probably why you suffered/suffer later on in life.
Two posters who suffer the same issues as Hall have both said in their opinion he could probably play if managed properly which is interesting.
Maybe for insurance purposes he cant play, maybe it's a psychological thing, maybe an attitude thing, who knows ?
Is he even our best CB ?

Should point out as I did much earlier, that this is all based on the injury (still) being patella tendonitis. The club definitely called his injury that at some point a while back. Everything i’ve said, and my car ncerns are based on his injury still being that. It’s possible the club have kept quiet on it being something else now or a multitude of different injuries.
Grant Hall on 20:25 - Sep 6 with 1159 viewssmegma

Grant Hall on 19:25 - Sep 6 by Hunterhoop

But they went on holiday together. Do you go on holiday with your work colleagues?

No I don't but lots of footballers do and have done for years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024