Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? 18:02 - Nov 15 with 18581 viewsGloryHunter

Gove has been playing a canny long game. If I were a betting man I'd say he was worth a tenner at 10/1. (Actually Corbyn is favourite at 5/1, but surely if May was dumped by the Tories, they'd have to elect a new leader, who would become PM temporarily until Labour could form a coalition, or until a general election?)
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 18:12]
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:22 - Dec 5 with 2399 viewsstevec

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 12:46 - Dec 5 by loftboy

If they end up over ruling Brexit which the EU is trying it’s hardest to do, then I will never vote again, we are being allowed to be bullied by an organisation that is shitting itself in case it loses its money.

I'm with you, won't be voting again, certainly not for the Tories if we aren't in a situation where we control our own destiny.

May is the worst PM ever, more two faced than the Blaircúnt, if that were possible and managed to lose a majority with the 'wonderful' idea of a dementia tax, what idiot dreamt that up? You'd almost get the impression she wanted to lose and only hung on due to the ineptitude of the opposition.

Gove is shambolic, all out for Leave, wins, stabs the only bloke who could have pulled it off, then gets behind this latest debacle, which ties us in forever. The man is a fcking moron.

I've reached the point where I hope Parliament votes to stay in, the Tories collapse, Corbyn gets in and then uses swingeing taxes to shaft the Establishment that have brought this about.

Of course, he won't. For all the Left wing posturing, he'll be fawning at the feet of big business and the elite like they always fcking do once they're in power.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:23 - Dec 5 with 2402 viewstraininvain

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 13:24 - Dec 5 by daveB

He may well be ahead now but I just don't think he'll get into power, I voted for him last tine, i wouldn't if they had an election tomorrow, for me he's done nowhere near enough.

Likewise. I usually vote Labour but would vote Tory as the lesser of two evils which I never thought I'd say.

Corbyn's a coward for not having a proper voice on Brexit. He wants to play both sides of the fence but it just makes him look untrustworthy imo.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:38 - Dec 5 with 2356 viewsNorthernr

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:23 - Dec 5 by traininvain

Likewise. I usually vote Labour but would vote Tory as the lesser of two evils which I never thought I'd say.

Corbyn's a coward for not having a proper voice on Brexit. He wants to play both sides of the fence but it just makes him look untrustworthy imo.

If Corbyn was still on the back benches he'd be voting with Hoey, Field etc for the strongest possible Brexit going.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:42 - Dec 5 with 2349 viewsBklynRanger

It seems like the only people who want to accept this deal are the ones who just want it to be over with. The problem being that would only be the start of the next chapter of misery.

I'm progressive on just about everything except for crime and the union. If Northern Ireland is to weaken ties with the rest of the UK and strengthen ties with the Republic that should be a constitutional question asked and answered of the NI people, not as a result of this current shambles.

And no deal is, for me, not an option - yes things might calm down eventually and exciting new options open up, but I'm not in a financial position at the minute to absorb the first year or two of further slumps on the pound etc.

The next top secret document they need to release is the draft text of how they plan to save face when we have to go back to the EU with our tails between our legs. What fun that will be.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:51 - Dec 5 with 2327 viewsjonno

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:38 - Dec 5 by Northernr

If Corbyn was still on the back benches he'd be voting with Hoey, Field etc for the strongest possible Brexit going.

Exactly. But he's a politician so principles don't count.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 15:40 - Dec 5 with 2252 viewskensalriser

I think May's negotiated the best deal that's possible, such a deal still being shit of course because there is no such thing as a good deal to leave just as there's no good way of getting relegated. She should send Arlene Foster and all the rest of the deluded idiots to Brussels to see if they can get a better deal and watch as they are humiliated.

As for worst PM, Cameron by a country mile. Complacent, arrogant, lazy, cowardly and the PM who will go down in history as having done more damage to the country than the Luftwaffe.

As to Corbyn, Labour would absolutely be cleaning up now if they could find a better leader.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:08 - Dec 5 with 2099 viewsGloryHunter

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 12:46 - Dec 5 by loftboy

If they end up over ruling Brexit which the EU is trying it’s hardest to do, then I will never vote again, we are being allowed to be bullied by an organisation that is shitting itself in case it loses its money.

I don't think the EU is trying to bully anyone. We have voted to leave the EU, and that organisation's rules state that we must therefore be treated as a third country. So they are preparing for a situation where there will have to be customs checks and tariffs, as with any other third country. That's what you voted for, isn't it?
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:54 - Dec 5 with 2067 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

All i’ll leave you with is this.

Wether you like Corbyn or not, this is what he and his cabinet will do their best to deliver. This is all fully costed by the way and verified by exonomists and publications such as the FT. This is unlike any Tory or Lib Dem promises.

I hope you’ll all vote policy over personality which in the end is what will affect our lives.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:12 - Dec 5 with 2057 viewskensalriser

Got a magnifying glass?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:23 - Dec 5 with 2051 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 23:12 - Dec 5 by kensalriser

Got a magnifying glass?

That is policy #78.

Free magnifying glasses for the poorly sighted and hairy palmed.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 10:54 - Dec 6 with 1937 viewsBAWHoops

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:54 - Dec 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Wether you like Corbyn or not, this is what he and his cabinet will do their best to deliver. This is all fully costed by the way and verified by exonomists and publications such as the FT. This is unlike any Tory or Lib Dem promises.

I hope you’ll all vote policy over personality which in the end is what will affect our lives.

Unfortunately this could all be fantastic, but as a Jew it's just unfathomable I could ever vote for someone who time after time is caught with his pants down when it comes to anti semitism.
I view it as a vote for him, as a Jew, would be decreasing the safety of my children.

Which is a massive shame because these Tories are absolutely awful

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:20 - Dec 6 with 1878 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 10:54 - Dec 6 by BAWHoops

Unfortunately this could all be fantastic, but as a Jew it's just unfathomable I could ever vote for someone who time after time is caught with his pants down when it comes to anti semitism.
I view it as a vote for him, as a Jew, would be decreasing the safety of my children.

Which is a massive shame because these Tories are absolutely awful

Sorry you feel that way but I absolutely don’t agree for a myriad of reasons that would take up 100 pages.

If you want to consider a different POV then check out https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk or https://www.jewdas.org
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 14:21]
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:31 - Dec 6 with 1871 viewsstevec

It all looks wonderful on paper but, whilst you say it's fully costed, you're talking somewhere between 100 and 200 billion of costs there, how do any of those tax increases get near that?

Looking at his proposals for raising money in that list he won't raise much more than 40 billion and that's assuming his figures are anywhere near accurate and he doesn't sink the economy in the process.

If you believe a fraction of that will happen Bazza you are sadly misguided.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 20:03 - Dec 6 with 1780 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:31 - Dec 6 by stevec

It all looks wonderful on paper but, whilst you say it's fully costed, you're talking somewhere between 100 and 200 billion of costs there, how do any of those tax increases get near that?

Looking at his proposals for raising money in that list he won't raise much more than 40 billion and that's assuming his figures are anywhere near accurate and he doesn't sink the economy in the process.

If you believe a fraction of that will happen Bazza you are sadly misguided.

How did you get to that figure Steve?

I appreciated I am sounding like a party political broadcast but If 1% of it happens it will be an improvement on what we have.

Here it how it will be costed:

[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 20:55]
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:54 - Dec 6 with 1712 viewstraininvain

Call me cynical but why would anyone trust Corbyn when he’s failed to act like a leader on major issues like Brexit and anti-Semitism problems within his own party.

Actions speak louder than words and so far I’ve not seen anything from Corbyn to suggest he’d make a good Prime Minister.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 22:56 - Dec 6 with 1712 viewstraininvain

Double post.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 22:57]
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 00:00 - Dec 7 with 1678 viewsFDC

"Act like a leader". Said so casually so frequently regarding Corbyn but there is a hell of lot that could be unpacked from that.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 00:11 - Dec 7 with 1670 viewsLazyFan

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 14:20 - Dec 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry you feel that way but I absolutely don’t agree for a myriad of reasons that would take up 100 pages.

If you want to consider a different POV then check out https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk or https://www.jewdas.org
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 14:21]

Don't forget these choice articles...

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/the-news-is-systematically-skewed-a

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/citizens-of-israel-send-letter-of-s

But more importantly than all of that, is that despite the media whipping up a frenzy against him, his poll stats have remained steady. Thus it has had zero effect and the right wing media has failed once again to dislodge him.

Also, it's noticeable once again The Guardian failed to report the news properly and reverted to it's New Labour Blairite colours. So, now we know where The Guardian will stand, firmly with the establishment as we knew all along.

If Trump wants real Fake News, just read the Corbyn newspaper hatchet jobs.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 00:27 - Dec 7 with 1654 viewstraininvain

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 00:11 - Dec 7 by LazyFan

Don't forget these choice articles...

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/the-news-is-systematically-skewed-a

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/blog/citizens-of-israel-send-letter-of-s

But more importantly than all of that, is that despite the media whipping up a frenzy against him, his poll stats have remained steady. Thus it has had zero effect and the right wing media has failed once again to dislodge him.

Also, it's noticeable once again The Guardian failed to report the news properly and reverted to it's New Labour Blairite colours. So, now we know where The Guardian will stand, firmly with the establishment as we knew all along.

If Trump wants real Fake News, just read the Corbyn newspaper hatchet jobs.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But he’s still failed miserably to lead on both Brexit and anti-semitism within the Labour Party. His two biggest challenges so far. A complete no show on both fronts.

Surely a future leader of our country would’ve nailed at least one of them. I have Jewish friends in London who’ve started looking into moving abroad in case Corbyn gets elected. It’s a sad state of affairs.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 02:18 - Dec 7 with 1620 viewstimcocking

Are you meaning me, or Clive? Two excellent choices, i concur.
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 03:01 - Dec 7 with 1617 viewsSharpy36

Free spelling and arithmetic lessons for the unicorn herders within the Labour party and its supporters, that`s what the + means i would presume.

"I hope you’ll all vote policy over personality which in the end is what will affect our lives"

Where do you start with that ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 03:04 - Dec 7 with 1615 viewsSharpy36

BAWHoops. Sorry down voted the wrong post.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 18:06 - Dec 7 with 1485 viewsGloryHunter

Getting back to the OP, if May loses a vote of no confidence, then there will have to be a Tory leadership contest. I believe the rules are that the Tory MPs vote until the field is whittled down to two, who are then put forward to the membership to decide. I can't see the Tory membership voting for Johnson or Leadsom or Javid, not sure about Raab, but surely Gove has to be favourite. I don't think that makes him Prime Minister, though - he'll still have to show he can command a majority in the House. But surely the DUP would back Gove rather than risk a Corbyn government? So 10/1 against Gove seems generous to me. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Any constitutional experts on here?
QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 18:35 - Dec 7 with 1464 viewsLazyFan

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 18:06 - Dec 7 by GloryHunter

Getting back to the OP, if May loses a vote of no confidence, then there will have to be a Tory leadership contest. I believe the rules are that the Tory MPs vote until the field is whittled down to two, who are then put forward to the membership to decide. I can't see the Tory membership voting for Johnson or Leadsom or Javid, not sure about Raab, but surely Gove has to be favourite. I don't think that makes him Prime Minister, though - he'll still have to show he can command a majority in the House. But surely the DUP would back Gove rather than risk a Corbyn government? So 10/1 against Gove seems generous to me. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Any constitutional experts on here?

I think you are correct.

The Tory MP's have ALL the votes before the membership until two are left. In some cases, they can do it in secret and only one MP is left so, the membership doesn't get a vote. It is forced upon them. Which is what they did with Michael Howard. "Howard was elected unopposed as leader of the party in November 2003"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Howard#First_attempt_to_win_party_leadersh

Thus don't assume there will be a leadership contest. Also, I think it will be Jarvid as they will want someone untainted and diverse to fight against Corbyn. Or maybe Rabb as the Brexit loved him. The other Tory MP's dislike Johnson and think Leadsom is incompetent.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR supporter for next Prime Minister? on 19:57 - Dec 7 with 1436 viewsSharpy36

The DUP will only be voting down the WA unless May pulls something out of the bag at the 11th hour that gets them and the other tory rebels on side, which imo is what will happen, then we can forget about any leadership challenge for now.
If that`s not the case and indeed a challenge is mounted i would`nt rule out Liam fox, might be worth a punt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024