Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august 18:12 - Dec 15 with 6094 viewsloftboy

Did anyone envisage that two weeks before Christmas that they would have only won two more games than us?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:18 - Dec 15 with 3897 viewsJuzzie

No but i didnt think we’d be in meltdown that a lot envisioned
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:25 - Dec 15 with 3839 viewsdodge_stoke_r

A one of thoughs games was against us
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:32 - Dec 15 with 3794 viewsqprxtc

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:25 - Dec 15 by dodge_stoke_r

A one of thoughs games was against us

After we lost 7-1 I envisioned myself being spanked byvCatil Kirkwood. That’s the kind of spankking I’d go for. If I had to.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:37 - Dec 15 with 3764 viewsToast_R

Didnt think we'd get Wells in on loan. Thought we'd be bottom three all season, basically what Ipswich are doing.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:43 - Dec 15 with 3721 viewsLongsufferingR

Yes, I was thinking at the time that mid-December we would probably have about 31 points while they would have around 39. I'll check the table later to see how that prediction is going.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 18:52 - Dec 15 with 3666 viewsdaveB

I couldn't see us winning a game whilst walking away from that game, have to say performances since Swansea away have been very good
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 20:06 - Dec 15 with 3498 viewspaulparker

I couldn’t see us drawing a game and I didn’t think we would get to 40 points so all of this is a bonus I think we are now 12 points off the bottom 3 so I’m well chuffed, if and a big if we were consistent then we would be in the top 6, there is nothing in this league , the good thing is in wells we have a goal scorer so sod it let’s get carried away and fingers crossed we can get in the play offs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 01:22 - Dec 16 with 3133 viewsisawqpratwcity

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 20:06 - Dec 15 by paulparker

I couldn’t see us drawing a game and I didn’t think we would get to 40 points so all of this is a bonus I think we are now 12 points off the bottom 3 so I’m well chuffed, if and a big if we were consistent then we would be in the top 6, there is nothing in this league , the good thing is in wells we have a goal scorer so sod it let’s get carried away and fingers crossed we can get in the play offs

"OIly is right he did deserve another season and he did a good job , smyth, manning, furlong, Hall , Sylla , Freeman all improved under him , some of our fanbase need a word with themselves not content with giving Warnock pellters in the past they are now starting on Olly , he deserves respect
"McLaren has done ok and that’s it just ok , but the last few games we have shipped in 9 goals , and picked up 2 points out the last 12"

How does Olly do "a good job" and McClaren "just ok" when nobody, not even a Holloway supporter like you, ever mentioned play-offs on Holloway's watch? Deserve another season? Rubbish! His first season back showed his re-appointment was a mistake. His whole second season was a complete waste of time and parachute money.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 1:46]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 08:17 - Dec 16 with 2907 viewsdistortR

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 01:22 - Dec 16 by isawqpratwcity

"OIly is right he did deserve another season and he did a good job , smyth, manning, furlong, Hall , Sylla , Freeman all improved under him , some of our fanbase need a word with themselves not content with giving Warnock pellters in the past they are now starting on Olly , he deserves respect
"McLaren has done ok and that’s it just ok , but the last few games we have shipped in 9 goals , and picked up 2 points out the last 12"

How does Olly do "a good job" and McClaren "just ok" when nobody, not even a Holloway supporter like you, ever mentioned play-offs on Holloway's watch? Deserve another season? Rubbish! His first season back showed his re-appointment was a mistake. His whole second season was a complete waste of time and parachute money.

say what you mean, Isaw!
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 08:24 - Dec 16 with 2883 viewstraininvain

Massive achievement to be going into next weekend’s game knowing that a win or draw with two winnable home games coming up would put us right back in the playoff mix going into 2019.

I didn’t agree with the calls for McClaren to go in August / September as it was far too soon to judge. But I never would’ve predicted such a big improvement.

Shame we’re playing Forest away next weekend and we all know what’ll happen.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 08:50 - Dec 16 with 2831 viewsisawqpratwcity

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 08:24 - Dec 16 by traininvain

Massive achievement to be going into next weekend’s game knowing that a win or draw with two winnable home games coming up would put us right back in the playoff mix going into 2019.

I didn’t agree with the calls for McClaren to go in August / September as it was far too soon to judge. But I never would’ve predicted such a big improvement.

Shame we’re playing Forest away next weekend and we all know what’ll happen.

No names, no pack drill; but the hysteria in August after just four games shook me. One more loss and the clamour to sack the bloke would have been unstoppable. Madness, doubtless aided by a general dislike of McClaren, but contrast that with Holloway's first six-game losing run and the double standard can't be ignored.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 09:12 - Dec 16 with 2786 viewspaulparker

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 01:22 - Dec 16 by isawqpratwcity

Olly did deserve another season and I stand by that, he did nothing wrong in fact he bought along players who one day are going to bring in the club a lot of money
Mclaren has done ok after a very bad start we are 13th, we finished 16th last year
What mclaren has that Olly didn’t is 3 well established loan signings who played in The prem Olly didn’t have a wells or tomed he had sylla and Washington who mclaren has ditched from the off
Olly didn’t had such a luxury
as for wasting this parachute money can you get enlighten me on who Olly has wasted this on ?
Under him we bought in freeman, scowen , BOS, Smith, smyth, he was the one who gave manning a run when he was going to be ditched, he made a Hall a sweeper/midfielder and if it wasn’t for injury we could be talking about a 5 million plus player he gave Eze, chair, lumley , Oteh , their debuts gave furlong a run at CB, made Freeman a run of the mill left winger into a competent centre midfielder
He got a lot wrong but he also left the club in s better position than what it was in when he started
So yeah he does deserve our respect
Now mclaren il give credit to , he thought he could come in and play like Brazil circa 70 and we were getting torn a new one , we were garbage but he changed it and I can hold up my hands and say that I was wrong , if I’m getting carried away well that’s what a couple of beers do whilst watching the team tear apart a team who has spent millions , in the cold light of day I’d take staying up in the championship ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 09:17 - Dec 16 with 2780 viewstraininvain

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 08:50 - Dec 16 by isawqpratwcity

No names, no pack drill; but the hysteria in August after just four games shook me. One more loss and the clamour to sack the bloke would have been unstoppable. Madness, doubtless aided by a general dislike of McClaren, but contrast that with Holloway's first six-game losing run and the double standard can't be ignored.

Agreed. People moan that ‘modern football is rubbish’ but one of the most irritating examples in my view is calling for a manager’s head after a few games.

I’m glad the powers that be held their nerve as we’d probably be in a right mess if a new manager had been appointed in September.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 09:53 - Dec 16 with 2717 viewsmcqpr10

I was an Ollie supporter and felt he was harshly sacked. After Bristol city I was furious. But since then mcclaren has been excellent. Even if Ollie had the likes of wells/ Cameron, we still would have the outbursts post match and the constant chopping and changing. We can all now pretty much name the starting 11 most weeks which must give the starters great confidence.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 10:02 - Dec 16 with 2685 viewsAntti_Heinola

Said before, but Ollie had a first class keeper, an ex-Prem centre back and Robinson, who everyone loved. I would say that's comparable with the 'advantages' McClaren has had.
That's not a dig at Ollie, who did a fine job, but personally i think football management is bad for him and his health.

As for calling for McClaren's head after four games. I didn't, but I think it's harsh to criticise those who did. glad he's turned it round though and yesterday's win was great.

Bare bones.

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 10:12 - Dec 16 with 2650 viewsPunteR

I didnt think Ollie was the right appointment at the start but he brought a lot of positives back to the club that was in a bad place. He helped turn it round for me.. I wouldnt write off his time with us at all. As PP says a lot of players doing the buisness now came into the team on Ollies watch. Even SM has acknowledged that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 10:39 - Dec 16 with 2595 viewsRangersw12

McClaren deserved all the stick he got at the beginning of the season as he set the team up terribly and for an experienced coach it was embarrassing

However since Swansea away he has done very well and deserves a lot of praise for turning things around . In the 2ndhalf of the season I would like to see youngsters get more of a run and look towards next season

As for Holloway he did a very good unselfish job for us . He restored some pride and improved a lot of players which McClaren is reaping those rewards

We do have a weird fan base that seem to like to have a pop at people who really care about the club
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 13:03 - Dec 16 with 2464 viewsdaveB

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 10:02 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

Said before, but Ollie had a first class keeper, an ex-Prem centre back and Robinson, who everyone loved. I would say that's comparable with the 'advantages' McClaren has had.
That's not a dig at Ollie, who did a fine job, but personally i think football management is bad for him and his health.

As for calling for McClaren's head after four games. I didn't, but I think it's harsh to criticise those who did. glad he's turned it round though and yesterday's win was great.

The big difference is the forward line, if Holloway had Wells last season who give us a threat away from home on the counter then I think he'd have done better but it's a pointless argument really. Holloway did well and improved the squad and McClaren is also doing well and improving the squad.We should be happy with that rather than wanting to dig our former managers
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 13:33 - Dec 16 with 2403 viewsTacticalR

If we had carried on the way we started the season we would have been looking at a very hard exit from the Championship.

Air hostess clique

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 14:09 - Dec 16 with 2336 viewstimcocking

It's been a splendid turnaround, huge kudos to MaClaren. And i appreciated the fact he owned up to making mistakes at the start.

So no.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 16:25 - Dec 16 with 2259 viewskropotkin41

The fixture against WBA at HQ will be interesting.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 19:05 - Dec 16 with 2161 viewsLongsufferingR

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 16:25 - Dec 16 by kropotkin41

The fixture against WBA at HQ will be interesting.

I reckon we might just shade it on aggregate
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 20:06 - Dec 16 with 2071 viewsrsonist

We're going to beat them 3-2 in the play-off final. It is written.
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 20:23 - Dec 16 with 2049 viewsJuzzie

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 20:06 - Dec 16 by rsonist

We're going to beat them 3-2 in the play-off final. It is written.

After being 2-0 down at half time with both goals scored by an ex QPR player.

That would pi$$ them right off, again!
When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 20:29 - Dec 16 with 2033 viewsCiderwithRsie

When we lost 7-1 to WBA back in august on 10:02 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

McClaren didn't come over well in interviews during that four game run (nor in pre-season actually) which I'll admit made me think he was a mistake, despite supporting the initial appointment. He didn't sound good after the cup exit either.

He's got history of that, he got hounded out of the England job which he might have kept if he'd got Harry Redknapp's way with the media.

It's worth remembering that next time he has a bad patch - every manager reaches their sell-by date but if he goes on a bad run we need to try to judge I'm on his ability not on public image, he's a better coach than PR man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024