Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! 16:59 - Jan 2 with 4614 viewsmakaveli1882

£700 at West Ham, Swansea £478, very shocked to see we charge, that's more than my season ticket, thought we was a bit better than that.

West Ham United - £700,

Leicester City - £600

Tottenham Hotspur - £405

Wolves - £395

Crystal Palace - £375

Brighton - £350

Burnley - £300

Cardiff City - £255

Watford - £250

Bournemouth - £185

Free: Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea, Fulham, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Newcastle United and Southampton.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 16:59]
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:10 - Jan 2 with 4557 viewsrunningman75

About the cost of a pub lunch for a family of 4 in Shepherds Bush nowadays.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:25 - Jan 2 with 4505 viewsmakaveli1882

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:10 - Jan 2 by runningman75

About the cost of a pub lunch for a family of 4 in Shepherds Bush nowadays.

Well they don't get any food in their £350 so kids will probably be hungry after too.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:32 - Jan 2 with 4471 viewsdaveB

I was going to sign my son up to be a mascot for his birthday last season but the price is crazy.A lot more than his season ticket. In fairness to the club they did offer me a deal as I didn't need match tickets or the kit for him so they dropped a big chunk off but was still a lot.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 4461 viewsloftboy

Woman I know from Egham takes her son and daughter to Fulham, they have season tickets and do a fair few away games, she regularly gets messaged to ask if one or the other could be a mascot for the away games, she only has to buy the match tickets and the kids have to be wearing the latest kit, seen them more on match of the day this season than I have in real life.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 17:35]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:38 - Jan 2 with 4431 viewskarl

Did it for our kids last season and it is better value if done as a pair.
Have to say I thought it was a great package for the kids and they were certainly made to feel important training on the pitch with dedicated coaches, Brighton keepers were having to practice their kicks around them as they were given centre stage and not bumped off in a corner out of the way. When our players were doing their small sided game the mascots were more or less on the side passing the ball back into them so feeling fully involved.
As the player of both sides went back to the changing rooms to get ready for ko they all stopped for official photos with the kids, Ollie came on too for this.
Included in our package was 2 full kits, 2 adult and 2 kids match tickets and a disc with professional photos (my avatar one of those).
Partly a present from Pat & Jane (great R's) I have to say we felt it was worthwhile and part of the long distance brainwashing of children to support the right team, it's not easy!
And the game was on the telly so got a brief glimpse of them on that too.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 20:07 - Jan 2 with 4156 viewsCiderwithRsie

Still seems bit pricey to me and I sort of agree with makavelli.

What I'll say is that for someone like karl, where even getting to a game is a big deal, it makes sense - it's almost a once in a lifetime chance to make a bond between your kid and the club. Not so great if you live a couple of stops away on the tube, but in that case maybe you don't need it.

It'd be nice if each year the club donated a couple of these packages to deserving cases - e.g. kids with illnesses.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 20:50 - Jan 2 with 4091 viewsactonman

Anyone thinking of doing this for your kids , I would suggest being mascot at an away game. It’s free (well it was a couple of years ago) you don’t get any extras like a kit etc and there’s usually only one space depending on club but still a great experience. Young Acton was mascot at the forest fa cup game , made very welcome by forest , had pictures with the whole team in the changing rooms and met Stuart Pearce . Great day except losing of course and freezing my bllox off all day.
All I did was email someone and pretty much picked what game I wanted.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 21:12 - Jan 2 with 4053 viewsOakR

I thought I read junior members were automatically entered into a monthly draw, for free, in addition to the paid ones (which I do think are too expensive, certainly if it's the only option).

I use to organise mascots for England games - believe it or not we had an actual ballot box with junior members in it, and got to call up the parents to tell them their child had been selected - I've not had many great calls to make in my working life, but I loved every one of those calls!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 21:21 - Jan 2 with 4041 viewsBoston

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:38 - Jan 2 by karl

Did it for our kids last season and it is better value if done as a pair.
Have to say I thought it was a great package for the kids and they were certainly made to feel important training on the pitch with dedicated coaches, Brighton keepers were having to practice their kicks around them as they were given centre stage and not bumped off in a corner out of the way. When our players were doing their small sided game the mascots were more or less on the side passing the ball back into them so feeling fully involved.
As the player of both sides went back to the changing rooms to get ready for ko they all stopped for official photos with the kids, Ollie came on too for this.
Included in our package was 2 full kits, 2 adult and 2 kids match tickets and a disc with professional photos (my avatar one of those).
Partly a present from Pat & Jane (great R's) I have to say we felt it was worthwhile and part of the long distance brainwashing of children to support the right team, it's not easy!
And the game was on the telly so got a brief glimpse of them on that too.

Doesn’t sound bad to me. What the f do West Ham offer for seven hundred?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 21:30 - Jan 2 with 4014 viewsKonk

One of my brothers had his son as mascot at Tottenham. It was about £400, you got two seats (they all have season tickets, anyway) and you got the home kit (which he had, and which was being worn for the last time). Oh, and a couple of programmes. There were ten other home mascots too - do Spurs really need the money?

I like the old way of doing it - junior members and season ticket holders having their names drawn from a ballot and the experience costing nothing to the family. For the sake of a few grand, it shouldn't be beyond clubs to offer that to kids.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 3959 viewsdaveB

The club do a draw among junior members and season ticket holders as well to be a mascot.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 22:22 - Jan 2 with 3914 viewsOldPedro

I live near Huddersfield and they have flag bearers / guards of honour who are separate from mascots. The flag bearers for each game are children who play for junior football clubs in the area. The only cost is that you have to buy discounted tickets for the game - kids get to go on the pitch beforehand, wave flags while the teams come out, and get to take penalties against the mascot at half time.

A decent experience for the kids without being the full mascot experience. And good for building links between Huddersfield and the local junior clubs.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 22:43 - Jan 2 with 3868 viewssmegma

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 21:59 - Jan 2 by daveB

The club do a draw among junior members and season ticket holders as well to be a mascot.

My daughter was selected as mascot ten years ago. It was via QPR 1st following my daughter being savaged by a dog . They couldn't have done enough for her/our family. We beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 which was the cherry on the cake.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 22:45 - Jan 2 with 3865 viewsdaveB

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 22:22 - Jan 2 by OldPedro

I live near Huddersfield and they have flag bearers / guards of honour who are separate from mascots. The flag bearers for each game are children who play for junior football clubs in the area. The only cost is that you have to buy discounted tickets for the game - kids get to go on the pitch beforehand, wave flags while the teams come out, and get to take penalties against the mascot at half time.

A decent experience for the kids without being the full mascot experience. And good for building links between Huddersfield and the local junior clubs.

QPR also do this and if you go to the family fan zone before the game they do pick out kids to o the flag waving or carry the crest across the pitch.

The club have also linked with a lot of local football teams out as far as Reading, my sons teams get offered tickets at cheap rates all the time
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 01:03 - Jan 3 with 3730 viewskarl

Lot of good replies and different positions on this and Cider is exactly right in that the uniqueness of getting our kids to LR was a major reason for its value for money. We have season tickets at Hibs which are under used and we haven't gone for the Mascot package (about £100) since we get to 5-6 a year as a family and although would be good it simply isn't viewed as God as what they got at LR. From start of their getting changed, meeting Jude and coming off at kick off I'd say they were fully involved for 2hrs.
I do think it's expensive (2 siblings is I think £400/£450 can't quite remember) but I would say the club put in a great effort to make them feel important and certainly part of the 'team', daughter was pretty much already hooked but it has kept a grip on son who, quite understandably, has his head turned by all the Premier stars in his magazines etc.
His pals all speak about Old Trafford etc but I always catch him by asking how many have gone out holding the captains hand on a live Sky game and how the whole experience he had could never be replicated at these clubs.
If the club offer free draws for places that St holders and supporters club members can win then I have no problem with places also being offered for sale.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 01:27 - Jan 3 with 3711 viewstimcocking

Awful assuming that's true.

They should be literally bending over backwards to hook the children. Seems greedy to me. Particularly for any teams getting Premier league payments.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 1:28]
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 13:40 - Jan 3 with 3425 viewsPinnerPaul

Market led, like all things.

Have you seen how many there are each game?

If price was 'too much' - there wouldn't be 10+ every home game.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 3343 viewsStevenageRanger

Yes there is a draw for every home game from those that are Junior Hoops. That is free. Correct that you can pay to buy the experience.

Also my son was mascot at Villa away in 2017. It was Free. You MUST buy/have the current full kit and normal tickets for the game but other than that there is no cost. (My other older son done it about 6 years back when we played Coventry away)

Great experience and Villa last year took all the family that were with me 'backstage' and we got free meal. The letter said it would be the mascot and one other but when we got there they said we can all come (there was 6 of us)

My lad was in changing room before the game with all the players. Holloway was great with him. Tony Fernandes came in. Alex Smithies came over at the end of the game and gave my lad his gloves when in the stand as we mentioned it one of the coaches.
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 15:14 - Jan 3 with 3335 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How much is it for an adult to be a mascot?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 15:16 - Jan 3 with 3327 viewsMick_S

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 15:14 - Jan 3 by BrianMcCarthy

How much is it for an adult to be a mascot?

Dangerous ground, mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 16:07 - Jan 3 with 3259 viewskensalriser

Spurs - £405. How did the conversation go that resulted in that number?

What shall we charge for mascots then?

-How about £500?

Dunno, sounds a bit steep, that.

-Well we need to make a it profit centre so it has to be a fair whack otherwise why bother?

OK, well what about £400?

-Round numbers always sound like they've been plucked out of the air.

Fair point. Why don't we add to a fiver to it then, to make it appear there's some kind of methodology behind it.

-£405 it is.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 16:35 - Jan 3 with 3239 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 15:16 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

Dangerous ground, mate.

Hey, I wasn't going down that road!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 16:41 - Jan 3 with 3227 viewsStevenageRanger

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 16:07 - Jan 3 by kensalriser

-How about £500?

-Well we need to make a it profit centre so it has to be a fair whack otherwise why bother?

Fair point. Why don't we add to a fiver to it then, to make it appear there's some kind of methodology behind it.

-£405 it is.

Used to £450 but currently 10% off in Jan Sale!!

*That is made up I don't actually have a clue!
Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 17:57 - Jan 3 with 3157 viewsdistortR

Since when have Rangers been charging £350 for a kid to be mascot!! on 16:07 - Jan 3 by kensalriser

-How about £500?

-£405 it is.

i think they found out what the Karls of this world were willing to pay, and then upped it.

can't blame them, really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024