Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4th round draw 16:05 - Jan 6 with 17786 viewswelwynranger

Anyone but Barnet. I am still having nightmares about the last cup tie against them.
4th round draw on 10:52 - Jan 8 with 1562 viewsdaveB

4th round draw on 10:45 - Jan 8 by ElHoop

Well i agree with you, but that's not what we tend to do is it? I suspect that they'll make a decision at the time based upon league position, general state of fitness of each player and then err slightly on the side of caution.

On the plus side, our squad seems more integrated now and we play in the same style with different players coming in, so there's a bit more understanding compared to the Holloway days. You'd hope that the back 5 were slightly closer to full strength though.

We've not been in this position too often so who knows what we'll do.
I think if we were home to Portsmouth then you'd see a similar team to Sunday but away I can't see anything other than our first 11.
4th round draw on 11:52 - Jan 8 with 1468 viewsfrancisbowles

4th round draw on 10:24 - Jan 8 by terryb

Although I wanted us to rest players against Leeds, I do agree that we should (& need) a full team to play at Portsmouth.

We could also do with the prize money if we win!

We have won £135k for beating Leeds & a win at Pompey would bring an extra £180k into our coffers. Both of those amounts are higher than what we recieve from functions during a season!

Win ther FA Cup & we get nearly £6 million in prize money!

Winning in 3rd round - £135,000
4th round - £180,000
5th round - £360,000
6th round - £720,000
semi final - £1,800,000
final - £3,600,000

I think there is TV money as well. Apparently we got 50k for Saturday' s overseas TV.
4th round draw on 12:19 - Jan 8 with 1432 viewsPinnerPaul

4th round draw on 09:51 - Jan 8 by daveB

Resting players after 4 games in 10 days is understandable, no excuse for the 4th round, just play our strongest team

Agree Dave - problem is that some players may have 'injuries' and of course we have no idea how 'severe' any such 'injuries' may be.

So unless EFL re schedule WBA for the Tues afterwards - yes I'm with you - lets go for it!
4th round draw on 12:21 - Jan 8 with 1431 viewsted_hendrix

4th round draw on 09:36 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

Morning Ted,

Was Liam Lawrence, we was still on our unbeaten run, great night.

Cheers Dave, all I remember was the Pompey player going nuts about us getting the penalty near the end, think he had his shirt ripped as well, yea a great night that night and a good season to be watching us away from home apart from bloody Scunthorpe but hey ho

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

4th round draw on 12:38 - Jan 8 with 1398 viewssmegma

4th round draw on 09:56 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

What you posted was not clear and indicated the 4th round, which is the next round, but It does not really matter does it.

This discussion is about the 4th round. Therefore 'the next round' is the 5th. It's not hard to understand.
4th round draw on 13:10 - Jan 8 with 1332 viewsstowmarketrange

4th round draw on 12:21 - Jan 8 by ted_hendrix

Cheers Dave, all I remember was the Pompey player going nuts about us getting the penalty near the end, think he had his shirt ripped as well, yea a great night that night and a good season to be watching us away from home apart from bloody Scunthorpe but hey ho

Was that the game when they allowed to take their penalty again after paddy Kenny moved an inch off his line and saved the first attempt?
4th round draw on 14:59 - Jan 8 with 1215 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 12:38 - Jan 8 by smegma

This discussion is about the 4th round. Therefore 'the next round' is the 5th. It's not hard to understand.

It was slightly confusing I cleared it as someone said give it a rest.
4th round draw on 15:00 - Jan 8 with 1213 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 13:10 - Jan 8 by stowmarketrange

Was that the game when they allowed to take their penalty again after paddy Kenny moved an inch off his line and saved the first attempt?

Yep that's the one.

Gary Borrowdale came on for Adel that night
Login to get fewer ads

4th round draw on 15:27 - Jan 8 with 1170 viewsCLAREMAN1995

4th round draw on 08:16 - Jan 8 by traininvain

Could’ve quite easily been Man City, Man Utd or Arsenal given the way the draw played out. So could’ve been a lot worse. A bad draw would’ve been one of them away.

I’m happy with Portsmouth away. It’s a tough one but we’re capable of winning. And a decent away day.

Agreed while I was hoping for Man City at LR or Utd I quickly realized their reserve teams are still world class and basically 11 International players so we would get hammered .
If we advance to round 5 a few top teams will have knocked each other out and we might get a home game against a weaker side.

Its all about winning and see how the chips fall.
4th round draw on 16:33 - Jan 8 with 1081 views00calben

4th round draw on 15:27 - Jan 8 by CLAREMAN1995

Agreed while I was hoping for Man City at LR or Utd I quickly realized their reserve teams are still world class and basically 11 International players so we would get hammered .
If we advance to round 5 a few top teams will have knocked each other out and we might get a home game against a weaker side.

Its all about winning and see how the chips fall.

Agree...not going to lie I'm quite excited!
4th round draw on 18:35 - Jan 8 with 943 viewsRangersw12

4th round draw on 09:56 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

What you posted was not clear and indicated the 4th round, which is the next round, but It does not really matter does it.

It clearly does matter to him 🙄
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 18:37]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024