Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4th round draw 16:05 - Jan 6 with 17573 viewswelwynranger

Anyone but Barnet. I am still having nightmares about the last cup tie against them.
4th round draw on 00:39 - Jan 8 with 2137 viewsBoston

I think it’s an attractive fixture., COYR’s.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

4th round draw on 01:12 - Jan 8 with 2079 viewsderbyhoop

I had a gut feeling about Gillingham (Ehmer and Josh Parker) or Pompeo (Hackett and Wheeler). I hoped we'd be at home.

Tough draw considering how well they are going. Depends how committed they are.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

4th round draw on 02:07 - Jan 8 with 2045 viewstimcocking

All i ever want is a home draw. Away to Portsmouth...away to one of the best teams in the leagues below us, that's a bad draw whatever way you look at it.

At least we're in it.
4th round draw on 07:36 - Jan 8 with 1806 viewssmegma

4th round draw on 23:57 - Jan 7 by CroydonCaptJack

Someone told me yesterday that it was extra time and pens in the next round.
Can anyone clarify?

Correct. the plan was originally to be introduced next season but was brought forward to this season. Next season the 5th round will be midweek games
4th round draw on 07:44 - Jan 8 with 1788 viewsCiderwithRsie

4th round draw on 21:55 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

Can dean coney play?

He never used to be able to, so it'd be a bit of a surprise TBH.
4th round draw on 07:58 - Jan 8 with 1742 viewsWalnut

4th round draw on 21:54 - Jan 7 by RangersDave

depending on the game date, and feckin sky

The BBC & BT will pick 4 or 5 lives games then the FA will feck about moving games "for overseas broadcast" so there'll be a batch at 1230 Saturday, 530 Saturday & 2pm Sunday with a lucky few remaining at 3pm Saturday.
4th round draw on 08:12 - Jan 8 with 1698 viewsElHoop

Pompey have a game against Luton a few days later and another against Doncaster the following Saturday - both teams are currently in the top 6, so they probably see this game as a priority. Then again if we win our next two games then we will be in a different position too. It's not a terrible draw - if we play one or two young players again then we should still be competitive and physical.

Would you play Lumley in this though?
4th round draw on 08:16 - Jan 8 with 1681 viewstraininvain

4th round draw on 02:07 - Jan 8 by timcocking

All i ever want is a home draw. Away to Portsmouth...away to one of the best teams in the leagues below us, that's a bad draw whatever way you look at it.

At least we're in it.

Could’ve quite easily been Man City, Man Utd or Arsenal given the way the draw played out. So could’ve been a lot worse. A bad draw would’ve been one of them away.

I’m happy with Portsmouth away. It’s a tough one but we’re capable of winning. And a decent away day.
Login to get fewer ads

4th round draw on 08:17 - Jan 8 with 1678 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 07:36 - Jan 8 by smegma

Correct. the plan was originally to be introduced next season but was brought forward to this season. Next season the 5th round will be midweek games

Fourth Round - Does have replays.

Fifth Round Proper

The draw for the fifth round will take place on 28th January 2019, from this point onwards replays will not happen, instead extra-time and penalties will resolve a tie.

Have there been any changes to the FA Cup this year?

Yes. The FA have decided to scrap 5th round replays, meaning ties will only be replayed up to round four.

This change was intended to be introduced next season to correspond with the Premier League's winter break.

However, English football's governing body decided to bring the rule change forward a season to ensure players from the top six clubs are fully rested for their European ties.
4th round draw on 08:25 - Jan 8 with 1641 viewsCroydonCaptJack

4th round draw on 08:17 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

Fifth Round Proper

The draw for the fifth round will take place on 28th January 2019, from this point onwards replays will not happen, instead extra-time and penalties will resolve a tie.

Yes. The FA have decided to scrap 5th round replays, meaning ties will only be replayed up to round four.

This change was intended to be introduced next season to correspond with the Premier League's winter break.

However, English football's governing body decided to bring the rule change forward a season to ensure players from the top six clubs are fully rested for their European ties.

Thanks for clarifying.
4th round draw on 09:18 - Jan 8 with 1483 viewsted_hendrix

Never seen us lose down there, last game I remember being at was when Tommy Smith (I believe)? scored a penalty for us in the last couple of minutes, as I recall the Pompey player went apeshit and got sent off, (evening game) cant remember his name.
Was also there that fateful night when KG done his cruciate ligament and we won 2-0.
Saw us draw there way back when.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

4th round draw on 09:24 - Jan 8 with 1458 viewsBuckR

4th round draw on 09:18 - Jan 8 by ted_hendrix

Never seen us lose down there, last game I remember being at was when Tommy Smith (I believe)? scored a penalty for us in the last couple of minutes, as I recall the Pompey player went apeshit and got sent off, (evening game) cant remember his name.
Was also there that fateful night when KG done his cruciate ligament and we won 2-0.

Yep was there too in the promotion season. Tommy Smith scored a last minute dodgy penalty to equalise when he was on loan from Portsmouth and it was Liam Lawrence who got sent off. The ref as absolutely abysmal from my memory
4th round draw on 09:27 - Jan 8 with 1453 viewssmegma

4th round draw on 08:17 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

Fifth Round Proper

Which is what I said.
4th round draw on 09:29 - Jan 8 with 1448 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 09:27 - Jan 8 by smegma

Which is what I said.

Nope

Can anyone clarify?

4th round draw on 09:30 - Jan 8 with 1442 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 08:25 - Jan 8 by CroydonCaptJack

Thanks for clarifying.

No worries, can not see the reply dates anyway though.
4th round draw on 09:36 - Jan 8 with 1423 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 09:18 - Jan 8 by ted_hendrix

Morning Ted,

Was Liam Lawrence, we was still on our unbeaten run, great night.
4th round draw on 09:41 - Jan 8 with 1404 viewstoboboly

Any ideas as to when this will be confirmed? I am hoping for selfish reasons it is not on the Saturday.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

4th round draw on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 1389 viewsTheChef

4th round draw on 08:12 - Jan 8 by ElHoop

Pompey have a game against Luton a few days later and another against Doncaster the following Saturday - both teams are currently in the top 6, so they probably see this game as a priority. Then again if we win our next two games then we will be in a different position too. It's not a terrible draw - if we play one or two young players again then we should still be competitive and physical.

Play your strongest team for goodness sake.

I doubt Pompey will announce their team 48 hours in advance.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

4th round draw on 09:49 - Jan 8 with 1384 viewssmegma

4th round draw on 09:29 - Jan 8 by makaveli1882

Nope

Can anyone clarify?

Is there an echo round here or am I in Groundhog Day ??
4th round draw on 09:51 - Jan 8 with 1369 viewsdaveB

4th round draw on 08:12 - Jan 8 by ElHoop

Resting players after 4 games in 10 days is understandable, no excuse for the 4th round, just play our strongest team
4th round draw on 09:56 - Jan 8 with 1349 viewsmakaveli1882

4th round draw on 09:49 - Jan 8 by smegma

Is there an echo round here or am I in Groundhog Day ??

What you posted was not clear and indicated the 4th round, which is the next round, but It does not really matter does it.
4th round draw on 09:59 - Jan 8 with 1338 viewsloftboy

Will they give us the whole end?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

4th round draw on 10:24 - Jan 8 with 1262 viewsterryb

4th round draw on 09:51 - Jan 8 by daveB

Resting players after 4 games in 10 days is understandable, no excuse for the 4th round, just play our strongest team

Although I wanted us to rest players against Leeds, I do agree that we should (& need) a full team to play at Portsmouth.

We could also do with the prize money if we win!

We have won £135k for beating Leeds & a win at Pompey would bring an extra £180k into our coffers. Both of those amounts are higher than what we recieve from functions during a season!

Win ther FA Cup & we get nearly £6 million in prize money!

Winning in 3rd round - £135,000
4th round - £180,000
5th round - £360,000
6th round - £720,000
semi final - £1,800,000
final - £3,600,000
4th round draw on 10:30 - Jan 8 with 1240 viewsdaveB

4th round draw on 09:59 - Jan 8 by loftboy

Will they give us the whole end?

Yes
4th round draw on 10:45 - Jan 8 with 1206 viewsElHoop

4th round draw on 09:51 - Jan 8 by daveB

Well i agree with you, but that's not what we tend to do is it? I suspect that they'll make a decision at the time based upon league position, general state of fitness of each player and then err slightly on the side of caution.

On the plus side, our squad seems more integrated now and we play in the same style with different players coming in, so there's a bit more understanding compared to the Holloway days. You'd hope that the back 5 were slightly closer to full strength though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024