Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan Winger on clubs radar 11:27 - Mar 20 with 12524 viewsBuckR

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/massey-among-wingers-on-qprs-radar

Not looking like Wzolek will be offered a new deal
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 11:02 - Mar 21 with 2661 viewsDorse

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 07:32 - Mar 21 by Gruntfuttock

Chair is not a winger...

He could play there. After all he's not a LazyBoy.

Sorry, that deserved better. I shall retrieve my coat.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 11:43 - Mar 21 with 2604 viewsMick_S

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 11:02 - Mar 21 by Dorse

He could play there. After all he's not a LazyBoy.

Sorry, that deserved better. I shall retrieve my coat.

I've VAR'd it.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 12:11]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 12:01 - Mar 21 with 2581 viewsTheChef

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 10:04 - Mar 21 by WestbourneR

If we sell Freeman and Pawel and rely on unproven youngsters to fill their boots - we will get relegated from this league. It’s cast iron fact.

Freeman will go this summer - good luck to him - I hope we can get close to £10 million for him. If Boro go up I can easily see Pulis paying that.

Pawel. I’d keep. He’s a warrior. Certainly letting him go on a free seems silly.

But we do have to reinvest at least £3 mill of the Freeo money to stand a chance.

"It’s cast iron fact."

Really? Wow, might as well not bother next season. Time to pack it all in.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 12:56 - Mar 21 with 2518 viewsWestbourneR

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 12:01 - Mar 21 by TheChef

"It’s cast iron fact."

Really? Wow, might as well not bother next season. Time to pack it all in.

Hooked.

Just to be clear - you think we could get rid of Freeman and Pawel and not bring anyone in and stay up?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 13:36 - Mar 21 with 2478 viewsTheChef

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 12:56 - Mar 21 by WestbourneR

Hooked.

Just to be clear - you think we could get rid of Freeman and Pawel and not bring anyone in and stay up?

I agree it would be difficult and I've no doubt next season will be even tougher than this season, but I wouldn't categorically say we will get relegated.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 13:42 - Mar 21 with 2467 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 10:42 - Mar 21 by blacky200

£10 million for Freeman someone's been playing football manager on their computer. A player is only worth that sort of money if they are Premiership class and while Freeman is a good Championship player he is a way from Prem quality.

Agree he won't go for £10m, but it's not like there hasn't been precedent. Assombolonga, McCormack went for more than that... James Chester and Scott Hogan cost £9m apiece.

Bare bones.

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 13:46 - Mar 21 with 2461 viewsNorthernr

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 08:53 - Mar 21 by toboboly

On a slightly different note, do you know if anyone is sniffing about Freeman? We all know he is great but is anyone actually going to come in and stump up the cash for him?

Middlesbrough are still keen but the problem with that one is if they go up they'll probably raise their sights a bit and if they stay down they'll get rid of Pulis and the new manager might not be so keen.

Leeds are keen after the other week but, again, if they go up they'll probably want bigger and better and if they stay down Bielsa will be changed and a new man might want somebody else.
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 14:37 - Mar 21 with 2416 viewstoboboly

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 13:46 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Middlesbrough are still keen but the problem with that one is if they go up they'll probably raise their sights a bit and if they stay down they'll get rid of Pulis and the new manager might not be so keen.

Leeds are keen after the other week but, again, if they go up they'll probably want bigger and better and if they stay down Bielsa will be changed and a new man might want somebody else.

So actually finding a buyer is going to be a problem at any sort of sizeable amount? Considering that most teams in the Championship are being buggered by FFP I am starting to wonder if even the teams going for promotion will be able to stump up any cash.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 14:41 - Mar 21 with 2409 viewsLongsufferingR

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 11:43 - Mar 21 by Mick_S

I've VAR'd it.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 12:11]

28 minutes that review took! Disgraceful what's happening to the game.
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 17:30 - Mar 21 with 2350 viewsNorthernr

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 14:37 - Mar 21 by toboboly

So actually finding a buyer is going to be a problem at any sort of sizeable amount? Considering that most teams in the Championship are being buggered by FFP I am starting to wonder if even the teams going for promotion will be able to stump up any cash.

The key is finding two buyers. Then you can get the price going up. That was the problem with Smithies - Bournemouth looked and passed, leaving only Cardiff.

I would expect Stoke to spend big again this summer, West Brom if they stay down, plus three teams coming with enormous parachute payments, Forest with their bent system.
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 18:33 - Mar 21 with 2311 viewsdavman

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 17:30 - Mar 21 by Northernr

The key is finding two buyers. Then you can get the price going up. That was the problem with Smithies - Bournemouth looked and passed, leaving only Cardiff.

I would expect Stoke to spend big again this summer, West Brom if they stay down, plus three teams coming with enormous parachute payments, Forest with their bent system.

Is Forest's "Bent System" what someone else said earlier - using another club owned by the same owners to pay over the odds for players? If that is the case, it is brilliant and our lot should do that too.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 19:08 - Mar 21 with 2286 viewsterryb

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 18:33 - Mar 21 by davman

Is Forest's "Bent System" what someone else said earlier - using another club owned by the same owners to pay over the odds for players? If that is the case, it is brilliant and our lot should do that too.

The problem with that is that Forest can't sell any player until June, which is after the time period for this year's FFP.

Therefore, they can't reduce this seassons loss by outgoing transfers.

I may be wrong, but didn't all EFL clubs have to change their financial year end to 31st may (like we did) because of FFP?
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:05 - Mar 22 with 2171 viewsWestbourneR

£10 million for Freeman someone's been playing football manager on their computer. A player is only worth that sort of money if they are Premiership class and while Freeman is a good Championship player he is a way from Prem quality.

I’ve never know such a smug response also be so wrong!

Someone has hasn’t been paying attention to the transfer market for 5 years

Plenty of players of Freeman’s level gone for £10 million. In fact I’d say he’s better than many of them. And I think he could play for a lower Prem team with the right players around him.
Set pieces alone make him valuable.

Alex Pritchard went from Norwich to Huddersfield for £10 mill. I don’t think he’s much better than Freeo. Scott Hogan... Sone Aluke - £8 mill.

We got offered £7mill for Freeman last summer! He’s has another very good year since then

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:15 - Mar 22 with 2141 viewsblacky200

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:05 - Mar 22 by WestbourneR

Plenty of players of Freeman’s level gone for £10 million. In fact I’d say he’s better than many of them. And I think he could play for a lower Prem team with the right players around him.

Alex Pritchard went from Norwich to Huddersfield for £10 mill. I don’t think he’s much better than Freeo. Scott Hogan... Sone Aluke - £8 mill.

We got offered £7mill for Freeman last summer! He’s has another very good year since then

I would love to be proven wrong but for a player to go for that sort of money in the Championship a player must be able to pretty much carry a team consistently (the way Adel did for us).
I'm not slagging him off or calling him a bad player, far from it, I hope we keep him but I can not see anyone paying that sort of money for him.
Didn't mean to come across as smug. Sorry if you took it that way.
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:16 - Mar 22 with 2140 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 19:08 - Mar 21 by terryb

The problem with that is that Forest can't sell any player until June, which is after the time period for this year's FFP.

Therefore, they can't reduce this seassons loss by outgoing transfers.

I may be wrong, but didn't all EFL clubs have to change their financial year end to 31st may (like we did) because of FFP?

FFP is calculated over 3 years, so a sale after June will help them in some way. If they've exceeded £39m in losses for this season and the last two, then they should be punished under FFP rules. Or whatever.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 9:17]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:52 - Mar 22 with 2105 viewsterryb

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:16 - Mar 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

FFP is calculated over 3 years, so a sale after June will help them in some way. If they've exceeded £39m in losses for this season and the last two, then they should be punished under FFP rules. Or whatever.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 9:17]

Yes, transfers in June will help them in the futue, but it wouldn't affect the three years ending May 2019.

That was the point i was trying to make, as it appeared to me that some thought moving players out would change that position.

The Forest situation is certainly worth watching. Their accounts show a profit for the year ending May 2017, due to a write off of loans to the owners of £40 million. I think this is the reason that NF fans think FFP is OK.

However, ignoring the loan repayment, they stand at a combined loss of £13.9 million for the past two seasons. Will this seasons spending spree keep them below the magic £39 million?
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 10:14 - Mar 22 with 2095 viewsenfieldargh

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 20:12 - Mar 20 by smegma

Chay Tilt is a winger in the u23s. The kid I with a 'long name beginning with B'? Are you thinking of Oluwabunmi Babajide? If yes, he's not a winger but a forward and is only 15 years old but has played for the u18s a few times this season. Another winger in the u18s is Dillon De Silva who is only 16 years old.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 0:00]

Faysal Betachi, is he a winger? He was played there but that counts for nowt

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 10:20 - Mar 22 with 2090 viewsenfieldargh

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 13:46 - Mar 21 by Northernr

How long have Boro been out of the prem, surely their parachutes are ending soon?

Their wag bill must be massive, their gates pretty poor, they must be close to the FFP edge, especially as I doubt they will go up

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 10:56 - Mar 22 with 2072 viewsRblockPrior

For me Freeman is premiership class, I do however doubt we will get 10m for him. I can see it being more 6m

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 11:38 - Mar 22 with 2045 viewsdavman

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 09:05 - Mar 22 by WestbourneR

...yes, but this is QPR we are talking, the team that would fall into a bucket of tits and come out sucking a thumb, the team who would win the lottery the day before the lottery went bankrupt and couldn't pay, the team who got saved by billionaire owners, then spent the next 7 years wasting £250m+ to be even worse off.

Of course Freeman is only going for £3m and a bag of Nobbys Nuts.

Have YOU been paying attention to QPR for the last 25 years?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 12:08 - Mar 22 with 2021 viewsPhildo

Dave Mc/ WLS has an excellent article on FFP and next year:

https://t.co/ZyUBlnjwmz
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 16:43 - Mar 22 with 1929 viewsWestbourneR

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 11:38 - Mar 22 by davman

...yes, but this is QPR we are talking, the team that would fall into a bucket of tits and come out sucking a thumb, the team who would win the lottery the day before the lottery went bankrupt and couldn't pay, the team who got saved by billionaire owners, then spent the next 7 years wasting £250m+ to be even worse off.

Of course Freeman is only going for £3m and a bag of Nobbys Nuts.

Have YOU been paying attention to QPR for the last 25 years?

Very close attention davman. It's painful.

But at the end of the day we got offered £7 mill for Freeman last summer by Boro - and turned that down - or have I got that wrong?

I admit I may have dreamed that figure.

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 18:41 - Mar 22 with 1863 viewsmartiyatsia

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 08:53 - Mar 21 by toboboly

On a slightly different note, do you know if anyone is sniffing about Freeman? We all know he is great but is anyone actually going to come in and stump up the cash for him?

If we sell Freeman and Pawel and rely on unproven youngsters to fill their boots - we will get relegated from this league. It’s cast iron fact.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 19:56]
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 19:03 - Mar 22 with 1840 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 18:41 - Mar 22 by martiyatsia

[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 19:56]

It’s cast iron fact = Unprovable Opinion
Wigan Winger on clubs radar on 19:59 - Mar 22 with 1791 viewsVancouverHoop

If, as the link above, suggests many Championship clubs are going to be dumping salary to meet FFP guidelines (calling them "rules" is a stretch after Birmingham's case.) It suggests a buyers market. Which means what we might have obtained for Freeman last Summer is unlikely be matched this. OTOH it also means we're a year or so ahead of others in reducing costs, so might be more organised this August while other teams flounder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024