Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albert Adomah released by Villa 23:35 - May 30 with 4578 viewsmakaveli1882

Obviously wages probably out of our range, and probably against the "right sort" we are looking for.

But Rangers mad and local born and a handful when fit and playing.

Most be the last chance we have to sign him, on a free hope we can pull something off, think he would walk into our team.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 23:38 - May 30 with 4558 viewsmakaveli1882

Never celebrated against us either.

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 08:01 - May 31 with 4264 viewsRblockPrior

As much as I would love it, there will be so much interest in him and we simply can not compete with the wages being thrown around

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 08:14 - May 31 with 4234 viewsRangersDave

If he's that 'Rangers mad' he should be thrilled at pulling on a QPR shirt at a cut price for 2 years, shouldn't he?

Oh, sorry, forgot 'rangers mad' doesn't compute to loss of money nowadays. (you watch, he'll sign now) lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 08:20 - May 31 with 4217 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 08:24 - May 31 with 4207 viewsRblockPrior

I am sure as much as Albert would love to play for us, his agent will want the most money possible which we can not give.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 08:31 - May 31 with 4175 viewsToast_R

Isn't the whole championship trying to cut it's cloth. Maybe his wage demands will put everyone off in that case.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 09:06 - May 31 with 4081 viewsStanFan

31 years old and a winger. We have a very limited budget and we already have BOS, Smyth, Shodipo and Chair all looking for a chance in a similar position. We also have major gaps elsewhere in the squad, mainly in defence. Therefore we shouldn't be prioritising Adomah even though he's good and a Rangers fan.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 10:30 - May 31 with 3942 viewsJJB

I don't care if he is 41, he is another level to those players you mentioned.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Login to get fewer ads

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 10:39 - May 31 with 3915 viewsLblock

It’s a big YES from me

Always rated him as a player but here’s my caveat.......

From the outside he seems a thoroughly decent fella and a good professional. We need those qualities in the squad as well as ability and passion.
As long as he’s got a great attitude and the money is right then it’s a no brainer plus don’t forget he can play centre back as well.

I think he’ll end up somewhere like West Brom though

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 10:41 - May 31 with 3907 viewsmcqpr10

Quality player at this level. But we should of snapped him up years ago when he was on the way up. Aren't we moving away from sentimental signings and 31 years olds?
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 11:02 - May 31 with 3845 viewsrsonist

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 10:39 - May 31 by Lblock

It’s a big YES from me

Always rated him as a player but here’s my caveat.......

From the outside he seems a thoroughly decent fella and a good professional. We need those qualities in the squad as well as ability and passion.
As long as he’s got a great attitude and the money is right then it’s a no brainer plus don’t forget he can play centre back as well.

I think he’ll end up somewhere like West Brom though

"don’t forget he can play centre back as well."

You know, I had forgotten that.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 11:05 - May 31 with 3822 viewsrsonist

He's never really done it for me tbh, nice as it is that he supports us. Nothing BOS can't be in a few good months, and not the way we need to cut our cloth.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 12:25 - May 31 with 3675 viewsJuzzie

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 08:24 - May 31 by RblockPrior

I am sure as much as Albert would love to play for us, his agent will want the most money possible which we can not give.

Can't a player say to their agent "fk off, if I want to sign for QPR on £5k/week, I will"?

Surely the player has the final say?

[Post edited 31 May 2019 13:44]
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 12:43 - May 31 with 3612 viewsDejR_vu

Even if he wasn't the wrong side of thirty, and even if he wasn't on wages beyond our budget, wouldn't he be blocking the pathway for some of the players we already have that we want to develop like BOS and Smyth?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 12:53 - May 31 with 3581 viewsRblockPrior

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 12:43 - May 31 by DejR_vu

Even if he wasn't the wrong side of thirty, and even if he wasn't on wages beyond our budget, wouldn't he be blocking the pathway for some of the players we already have that we want to develop like BOS and Smyth?

I like Smyth and I think he can do a job at times but I don't expect him to tie down a permanent spot for us. It would be wrong to totally rule him out but I don't see him being good enough to play week in week out, even when he was on loan last year in a lower league he didn't start a lot of games. Yes he scored a couple of good goals but overall he didn't set the world alight.

That said his pace does scare defenders. But if we didn't get in Adomah in simply because we wanted the likes of Smyth to play more I would be disappointed

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 13:41 - May 31 with 3457 viewsridethewave

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 12:53 - May 31 by RblockPrior

I like Smyth and I think he can do a job at times but I don't expect him to tie down a permanent spot for us. It would be wrong to totally rule him out but I don't see him being good enough to play week in week out, even when he was on loan last year in a lower league he didn't start a lot of games. Yes he scored a couple of good goals but overall he didn't set the world alight.

That said his pace does scare defenders. But if we didn't get in Adomah in simply because we wanted the likes of Smyth to play more I would be disappointed

What part of his time under Holloway has given you the impression that he isn't good enough?!

He was our Young Player of the Year, consistently looked impressive against much better/more experienced defenders, scored some goals, and is only going to get better. As for his loan spell, I don;t think we should ignore his previous form and judge him on that, particularly as he probably wasn't in the best mental state after having been on the receiving end of McClaren's best attempts to ruin our youth team prospects by bombing them out after 5 minutes.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 13:58 - May 31 with 3405 viewsQPR_Jim

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 13:41 - May 31 by ridethewave

What part of his time under Holloway has given you the impression that he isn't good enough?!

He was our Young Player of the Year, consistently looked impressive against much better/more experienced defenders, scored some goals, and is only going to get better. As for his loan spell, I don;t think we should ignore his previous form and judge him on that, particularly as he probably wasn't in the best mental state after having been on the receiving end of McClaren's best attempts to ruin our youth team prospects by bombing them out after 5 minutes.

I think you could add to your comment that he maybe wasn't being used to his full capacity by Accrington. I saw him come on as a sub at one game and he was tasked with chasing flick on's from Billy Kee (who isn't the tallest) so ended up losing most of the challenges leaving Smyth stood there doing nothing. Looked lively when he had the ball and possibly could have passed more but I got the feeling that he waited so long for the few touches he did have, he wasn't in the mood to share by that point.

Anyway if Albert is a good pro and could add quality and leadership to the team whilst passing on some tips to the younger players then fine, otherwise it's a no but as others have pointed out I guess his wages will be too much anyway.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 14:55 - May 31 with 3297 viewsLblock

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 11:02 - May 31 by rsonist

"don’t forget he can play centre back as well."

You know, I had forgotten that.

Apologies..... LEFT BACK!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 15:36 - May 31 with 3215 viewspaulparker

Are we that hard up for conversation or that desperate that we think a player on 30k a week will drop his wage by 23k a week to play for us ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 16:06 - May 31 with 3150 viewsSnipper

Have it on good authority that Fulham are very interested. If that’s the case, we can’t compete with their money.
Albert Adomah released by Villa on 17:33 - May 31 with 3014 viewsDejR_vu

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 12:53 - May 31 by RblockPrior

Yeah, I agree he's not going to play 46 games next season. But, we do want him to get more game time than he's had which means, maybe, 10-15 starts and one of the first options off the bench for the others. Every time we sign an older, more experienced, more expensive player, he's going to be ahead of the likes of Smyth which means he doesn't get those 10-15 starts and becomes second option off the bench. If we're going to develop players we're going to have to accept that whilst they're a bit green they're not going to be as effective. But if we don't give them a chance they're never going to fulfil their potential.

We do need some experience but, given the financial constraints, I think we'd be better looking at areas where we're thinner.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Albert Adomah released by Villa on 21:20 - May 31 with 2756 viewsbosh67

Sadly the wages would be out of our league but would bring him here in a heartbeat otherwise. Brilliant player. Like Lee Cook, bleeds blue and white hoops.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024