Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
england v kosovo 21:34 - Sep 10 with 3842 viewsdigswellhoop

if thats our best god help us
england v kosovo on 21:35 - Sep 10 with 2821 viewsdigswellhoop

thought kosovo were great went for it
england v kosovo on 21:54 - Sep 10 with 2739 viewsAntti_Heinola

bit dodgy in parts, but I'm a bit lost here - we won, right?

Bare bones.

england v kosovo on 22:01 - Sep 10 with 2711 viewsLblock

Played a team who had the best level in Europe for last two years
Ran in five and could’ve been eight
Lapses cost us all three conceeded
We’ve got pace and attacking verve everywhere

A bit more solidity would be welcomed but have a count up at the number of international caps our defensive players have. Not many.

This is a likeable bunch and enjoyable to watch

Only the selection of Root and Roy for the next set of games would cause us not to win the group / qualify

What more do you want?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

england v kosovo on 22:20 - Sep 10 with 2659 viewsbosh67

75 minutes highly entertaining but my god we were shoddy at the back and then sloppy on the break. Fair play to Kosovo. They were terrific. Southgate didn't look too impressed at the end. Rightly so but for the neutral great fun.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

england v kosovo on 22:43 - Sep 10 with 2603 viewsMiss_Terraces

I'm probably the biggest critic of modern football on here. That first half was amazing, second half doesn't really matter, in the scheme of things. They did the Job, well done.
I just don't feel it anymore, I'm not blaming any of the England squad or manager for that. I do really like Southgate. The players I hardly know, they are producing the results, so I'm very happy with them.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

england v kosovo on 22:51 - Sep 10 with 2581 viewssmegma

Digswell, why do you even bother ??
england v kosovo on 00:01 - Sep 11 with 2486 viewsdaveB

I thought it was a great game, after the first goal cock up I thought England were good in the first half, Sterling was unplayable at times and Sancho looks exciting, dropped off second half but still could have scored 8 quite easily

Plenty to improve on for England which is exciting, I'd like to see Maddison get a go ahead of Barkley
england v kosovo on 02:43 - Sep 11 with 2407 viewstimcocking

43 world cup and european qualifiers without losing a game is awful?
Login to get fewer ads

england v kosovo on 07:34 - Sep 11 with 2278 viewssmegma

england v kosovo on 02:43 - Sep 11 by timcocking

43 world cup and european qualifiers without losing a game is awful?

One of the best England games I've been to, first one was in 1975 when Ian Gillard made his debut. England have scored 5 goals three times this year, first time in nearly 60 years, Kane and Sterling are on fire yet someone is not satisfied ?? Like I said, why do you bother ??
england v kosovo on 07:48 - Sep 11 with 2252 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Very entertaining game. Kosova were very ambitious and we punished them generally. With a missed penalty etc and hitting the post the scoreline could have been 9-5. I feel the OP would have moaned even more at that.
england v kosovo on 07:51 - Sep 11 with 2245 views18StoneOfHoop

england v kosovo on 07:34 - Sep 11 by smegma

One of the best England games I've been to, first one was in 1975 when Ian Gillard made his debut. England have scored 5 goals three times this year, first time in nearly 60 years, Kane and Sterling are on fire yet someone is not satisfied ?? Like I said, why do you bother ??

The predictable OP from our resident Troll carbuncle
on LFW'S backside. He/she should be called

digsbadlyhoops,really.

#WasteOfOxygen

[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 8:48]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

england v kosovo on 08:09 - Sep 11 with 2215 viewsRblockPrior

Another win scoring 5 with young exciting players on show, alot to be positive about.

Yes there were mistakes but these things happen and they didn't cost us so I would rather they get them out the way when we are 5-1 up

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

england v kosovo on 08:29 - Sep 11 with 2182 viewsDorse

I thought Kosovo, especially in the second half, played it cute. They'd identified our right back slot as a weakness and whenever Alexander - Arnold pushed on, they prepared the the diagonal as their out ball.

I am really pleased with the result and the game was great to watch. Best bit: all the Kosovo fans' airhorns drowned out the England (fcuking) band.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

england v kosovo on 08:41 - Sep 11 with 2162 viewsmakaveli1882

Exactly my point on the other England thread.

4 games 19 goals scored = 4.75 goals per game

4 games 4 conceded = 1 goal per game

You are a massive w@nker
england v kosovo on 08:58 - Sep 11 with 2134 viewsrunningman75

England won and scored goals, thought Kevin Keegan was the manager last night. Too many people have this mentality that England have to win just by turning up. A bit like some QPR fans at Loftus road when we play certain teams.
england v kosovo on 09:11 - Sep 11 with 2111 viewspaulparker

Give me this team than anything under woy or crappello, Southgate tried a few things some of it worked some of it didn’t , Keane ,Pickford, chilwell and Alexander Arnold were poor but our front 3 and Barkley were good , we have scored 19 goals in qualifying what more do people want ?
Have you seen how ropey Germany & Italy are even France could only beat Andorra by three

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

england v kosovo on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 2066 viewsfrancisbowles

They were a very good side going forward but had been easy for us to pick off on the counter.

At the start of the second half, we subconsciously thought we had the game won and lost our momentum. After letting them back into the game at 5-3 we were going to be in real danger if they scored another. The game continued to be open and we really should have scored a sixth but suddenly nothing was going right in front of goal, hesitation, nerves and self doubt seemed to take over. Kosovo had chances too.

Finally, we woke up to the danger, started to manage the game and saw it out with a two goal lead.

Great game, very exciting and if we keep on learning and improving we can continue to be a major force.
england v kosovo on 10:03 - Sep 11 with 2029 viewsRBlock

Need to see Joe Gomez in there over Michael Keane. Definitely the better option in the long term.

I thought Barkley did quite well; he takes the ball on the half-turn and spins out really well, helping us drive forward on the counter. Really like Maddison, but I'm not sure he suits the left of the midfielf three.
england v kosovo on 13:08 - Sep 11 with 1846 viewsderbyhoop

The pluses (attacking prowess) and the minuses (defensively shambolic) were on view for all to see.

We're going to get some excitement with this England team but more than our share of scares, as well. I suspect they will qualify easily but they are going to have to make massive defensive improvements to beat the best.
Maguire and Pickford are shoe-ins but I'm not convinced about any of the others at the back. Rose for Chilwell, Trippier/Walker for Alexander-Arnold; Gomez for Keane?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

england v kosovo on 14:37 - Sep 11 with 1765 viewsHayesender

For such a smallish club in West London, we've produced some real gems over the years, but does anyone even come close to Sterling?

A crying shame we never got to see him in the hoops. Let's make the most of Eze and Chair while we've got them

Poll: Shamima Beghum

england v kosovo on 14:47 - Sep 11 with 1749 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

england v kosovo on 14:37 - Sep 11 by Hayesender

For such a smallish club in West London, we've produced some real gems over the years, but does anyone even come close to Sterling?

A crying shame we never got to see him in the hoops. Let's make the most of Eze and Chair while we've got them

If Les didn’t live in the era of Shearer / Owen / Cole / Sheringham / Fowler etc he would be up there with England’s all time top scorers I reckon.
england v kosovo on 14:51 - Sep 11 with 1740 viewssouthbrookstreet

I thought of the chas and dave classic "there's no pleasing you " when I read your report
england v kosovo on 21:20 - Sep 11 with 1536 viewsdigswellhoop

weve won nothing
england v kosovo on 23:24 - Sep 11 with 1451 viewsstainrods_elbow

Fascinating, thrilling, kamikaze-kind of game, like a mad friendly. You'd expect the usual attacking suspects to shine against this type of opposition, but, up top, Sancho had a memorable night, Sterling was unplayable at times, and Kane was the dog's bollocks at least some of the time, despite his missed pen. Interesting to see how mortified the likes of Lee Dixon was among the pundits post-match, and I agreed with the likes of Roy Keane of them that it wasn't just the defence that was shambolic at times. The tracking back from midfield was badly awry, where England just don't have the players to put their foot on the ball, keep possession, control the game and create/dictate the play.

Personally, I thought Kosovo outclassed England in terms of possession, passing and the cute cleverness of their keep-ball - with a bit more incisiveness in the final third and better balance between their defensive and attacking game, they could have run England even closer. Though there's some interesting potential with this remarkably youthful England squad - it's incredible that Sterling is the most experienced/capped player at the age of 24 - I still don't see them breaking their usual habits and troubling the serious sides in tournament football for now, however.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

england v kosovo on 05:47 - Sep 12 with 1381 views18StoneOfHoop

england v kosovo on 21:20 - Sep 11 by digswellhoop

weve won nothing

C'mon Clive don't be so laissez-faire tolerant
what's the point of enabling the same old trolls
with the same old modus operandi time after time
year after year playing their silly dull games?

#ChuckDigsOut #ChuckDigsOut #ChuckDigsOut #ChuckDigsOut #ChuckDigsOut #ChuckDigsOut

GetToughOnTrollsAndToughOnTheCausesOfTrolls ENOUGH ALREADY!

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024