Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR 18:27 - Sep 25 with 4039 viewsed_83

Apologies if this is a Spackman, but Wally Downes has been suspended by AFC Wimbledon and charged by the FA over a series of dodgy bets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49827153

Worryingly, some of the bets appear to have been made while he was a coach at QPR, under that model of respectability and legal propriety Harry Redknapp.

Could this have implications for us, or is that just me being paranoid?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 18:28]
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 18:29 - Sep 25 with 4014 viewstoboboly

It’ll just be against him, nothing on us. Although considering it was under ‘Arry I’m sure we’ll get bummed in the gob somehow

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 18:52 - Sep 25 with 3931 viewsthame_hoops

Was it downes who managed an opponent when Warnock managed us? Warnock described in his book that after a match he went into his office and downes was sat there like a slob with his hand down his tracksuit trousers?!
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 19:28 - Sep 25 with 3858 viewsbarbicanranger

Wally by name, wally by nature
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 22:11 - Sep 25 with 3631 viewsParkRoyalR

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 19:28 - Sep 25 by barbicanranger

Wally by name, wally by nature

Come on lads, bit of respect for one of our own, innocent until proved otherwise and all that...
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 01:06 - Sep 26 with 3465 viewsJigsore

i'm surprised! surprised something like this took this long

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 10:48 - Sep 26 with 3128 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 22:11 - Sep 25 by ParkRoyalR

Come on lads, bit of respect for one of our own, innocent until proved otherwise and all that...

I'm sorry, but after reading Ollie's book I don't have a lot of time for Downes. I'm sure he's all right, and what he said was a long time ago now, but it wasn't exactly an isolated incident in his career. Done a great job at Wimbledon though and I know his family are big Rs fans.

Bare bones.

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 10:54 - Sep 26 with 3114 viewsW7Ranger

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 10:48 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

I'm sorry, but after reading Ollie's book I don't have a lot of time for Downes. I'm sure he's all right, and what he said was a long time ago now, but it wasn't exactly an isolated incident in his career. Done a great job at Wimbledon though and I know his family are big Rs fans.

What is in Ollie's book about Downes?
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 11:44 - Sep 26 with 3074 viewsrobith

Maybe they were with the reputable firm that Redknapp endorsed, 666bet
Login to get fewer ads

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 12:04 - Sep 26 with 3038 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 10:54 - Sep 26 by W7Ranger

What is in Ollie's book about Downes?

He was very nasty to him when Ollie was at Wimbledon - comments about his kids, stuff like that. Well beyond 'banter'.

Bare bones.

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 12:41 - Sep 26 with 2989 viewsW7Ranger

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 12:04 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

He was very nasty to him when Ollie was at Wimbledon - comments about his kids, stuff like that. Well beyond 'banter'.

Ouch!
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:18 - Sep 26 with 2896 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 12:04 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

I recalled this slightly wrong, apologies. This is from Ollie's book:

“What’s it like dating a baldy bird,” was one of the comments in reference to Kim’s chemotherapy. Wally Downes and a couple of others found that really funny and in later years I would confront him about it. He has since apologised, but it was clear we were never destined to be great mates.

This was just one of the things in the book though. Think there was other stuff. But anyway.

Bare bones.

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:26 - Sep 26 with 2876 viewsW7Ranger

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:18 - Sep 26 by Antti_Heinola

I recalled this slightly wrong, apologies. This is from Ollie's book:

“What’s it like dating a baldy bird,” was one of the comments in reference to Kim’s chemotherapy. Wally Downes and a couple of others found that really funny and in later years I would confront him about it. He has since apologised, but it was clear we were never destined to be great mates.

This was just one of the things in the book though. Think there was other stuff. But anyway.

Christ she had that at a young age! Must've been early 20's?!

Sounds like Downes is a bit of a tool!
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:49 - Sep 26 with 2835 viewsEsox_Lucius

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:26 - Sep 26 by W7Ranger

Christ she had that at a young age! Must've been early 20's?!

Sounds like Downes is a bit of a tool!

A perfect match for candleface then.

The grass is always greener.

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:56 - Sep 26 with 2821 viewsfrancisbowles

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:49 - Sep 26 by Esox_Lucius

Didn't he have some sort of meltdown on the touchline, at Reading, if memory serves?
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 16:22 - Sep 26 with 2786 viewsW7Ranger

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:56 - Sep 26 by francisbowles

Didn't he have some sort of meltdown on the touchline, at Reading, if memory serves?

Yeah, with Warnock...

Skip to 3mins 10secs.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 16:23]
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 23:43 - Sep 26 with 2612 viewswombat

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 16:22 - Sep 26 by W7Ranger

Yeah, with Warnock...

Skip to 3mins 10secs.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 16:23]

Bellend and doesn’t supervise me at all , family are a bunch of wronguns as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 23:51 - Sep 26 with 2611 viewssmegma

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 15:49 - Sep 26 by Esox_Lucius

ANd using that epithet for Redknapp is bordering onto Wally Downes territory when you know why his face is like that. He's lucky to be alive.
Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 20:18 - Sep 27 with 2422 viewsCiderwithRsie

Wally Downes - dodgy bets while at QPR on 23:51 - Sep 26 by smegma

ANd using that epithet for Redknapp is bordering onto Wally Downes territory when you know why his face is like that. He's lucky to be alive.

Fair point Smegma; it's not as if there aren't enough sticks to beat him with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024