Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game in doubt? 08:31 - Sep 28 with 16169 viewsrochedale

Weather is shocking and forecast similar. Potential of a PP? Anyone heard owt?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Game in doubt? on 10:43 - Sep 28 with 2869 viewsMancDale

Game in doubt? on 10:36 - Sep 28 by James1980

Are the pre match tweets sent out by a bot?

No but it'd be normal for tweets to be written and then scheduled to go live at a later time. Chances are it was written yesterday if not earlier in the week. Standard practice really
Game in doubt? on 10:44 - Sep 28 with 2849 viewsD_Alien

They're definitely coming out of someone's arsehole

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game in doubt? on 10:46 - Sep 28 with 2829 viewsdingdangblue

Looking at this morning's tweets...
More of an arse than a bot.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Game in doubt? on 10:46 - Sep 28 with 2816 viewsDaleiLama

Game in doubt? on 10:43 - Sep 28 by MancDale

No but it'd be normal for tweets to be written and then scheduled to go live at a later time. Chances are it was written yesterday if not earlier in the week. Standard practice really

That policy needs looking at then as it's irresponsible when people are travelling, especially if things were known on Friday

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game in doubt? on 10:47 - Sep 28 with 2791 viewskel

The rochdaleawaydaybot?
Game in doubt? on 10:47 - Sep 28 with 2794 viewsMiddGazzard

Thought the weather could be an issue after yesterday`s rain. Haydock Park races were abandoned after 3 races (mid afternoon) due to the amount of standing water. It has rained non-stop here this morning since 8am !
Game in doubt? on 10:48 - Sep 28 with 2791 viewsJames1980

Game in doubt? on 10:43 - Sep 28 by MancDale

So the 'whose coming, visitor guide & safe journey' tweets are somewhat automated? Hence them being sent despite the game could well be called off.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Game in doubt? on 10:50 - Sep 28 with 2750 viewsMancDale

Game in doubt? on 10:48 - Sep 28 by James1980

So the 'whose coming, visitor guide & safe journey' tweets are somewhat automated? Hence them being sent despite the game could well be called off.

I don't work for the club so can't say for sure. I'd expect that is the case though.
Login to get fewer ads

Game in doubt? on 10:50 - Sep 28 with 2737 views442Dale

Game in doubt? on 10:46 - Sep 28 by DaleiLama

That policy needs looking at then as it's irresponsible when people are travelling, especially if things were known on Friday

And irrespective of that, they can still reply to supporters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game in doubt? on 10:53 - Sep 28 with 2706 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 10:50 - Sep 28 by MancDale

I don't work for the club so can't say for sure. I'd expect that is the case though.

It's a fair assumption they might be automated, but to have no plan in place to cancel them in highly predictable circumstances is very poor, in fact it's unprofessional

Game in doubt? on 10:54 - Sep 28 with 2686 viewsJames1980

Game in doubt? on 10:50 - Sep 28 by MancDale

If you did work for the club. I'm sure you would be asked about,..... The........ STAG DO.
What you put makes sense though.

Game in doubt? on 11:05 - Sep 28 with 2538 viewsDalenet

The rain has stopped and there is a glimmer of hope of a bit of sun. Lets hope the ref gives the pitch a few hours, unless Wycombe have only travelled half way up the country. They didn't stay at the Norton Grange that I do know
Game in doubt? on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 2421 viewsCanaDale

Game in doubt? on 10:41 - Sep 28 by dingdangblue

We haven't got raincovers.

This might be worth investing in..
Game in doubt? on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 2404 viewsNinco

Game in doubt? on 10:53 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

It's a fair assumption they might be automated, but to have no plan in place to cancel them in highly predictable circumstances is very poor, in fact it's unprofessional

I don't know about Twitter, but if you have a Facebook business page, it does give you the option to schedule a post to appear at a certain time, mainly so that you can leave a few hours between posts rather than spam people who follow your page with lots of posts at once.

It is possible that the admin staff can access the emails and reply, but maybe only the media team can access Facebook and Twitter. If the admin team didn't know about the scheduled posts, or didn't have access to the password, they would not be able to stop them.

It is also possible that the staff thought it was playable, and it is only when the referee arrived that he wanted an inspection.
Game in doubt? on 11:17 - Sep 28 with 2278 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 11:11 - Sep 28 by Ninco

I don't know about Twitter, but if you have a Facebook business page, it does give you the option to schedule a post to appear at a certain time, mainly so that you can leave a few hours between posts rather than spam people who follow your page with lots of posts at once.

It is possible that the admin staff can access the emails and reply, but maybe only the media team can access Facebook and Twitter. If the admin team didn't know about the scheduled posts, or didn't have access to the password, they would not be able to stop them.

It is also possible that the staff thought it was playable, and it is only when the referee arrived that he wanted an inspection.

I'd already worked that out, seeing as I was responsible for similar IT procedures in the latter part of my working life

It's f*cking irresponsible and unprofessional not to have provision in place for such circumstances which can cause a great deal of inconvenience and expense when it gives a misleading impression

Game in doubt? on 11:18 - Sep 28 with 2246 viewsJames1980

I would like to think the ground staff might have said something last night if there was an issue.

Game in doubt? on 11:21 - Sep 28 with 2142 viewsD_Alien

And you, BuckTheTrend, can stick your useless markdowns up your arsehole

Game in doubt? on 11:22 - Sep 28 with 2129 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Why is it taking so long to let us know.....have they forgotten about us travelling?
Game in doubt? on 11:22 - Sep 28 with 2131 viewsNinco

Game in doubt? on 11:17 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

I'd already worked that out, seeing as I was responsible for similar IT procedures in the latter part of my working life

It's f*cking irresponsible and unprofessional not to have provision in place for such circumstances which can cause a great deal of inconvenience and expense when it gives a misleading impression

We don't even know if it's off yet. The pitch inspection may just be a precaution.
Game in doubt? on 11:23 - Sep 28 with 2092 viewsDalenet

Right. No point in stewing. Off to the Artisan market whilst the rain has stopped and hope there is a game come 3pm
Game in doubt? on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 2043 viewsD_Alien

Game in doubt? on 11:22 - Sep 28 by Ninco

We don't even know if it's off yet. The pitch inspection may just be a precaution.

How thick do you have to be?

You should be posting that to the club's twitter admin, not me

Game in doubt? on 11:25 - Sep 28 with 2041 viewsDaleiLama

Game in doubt? on 11:22 - Sep 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

Why is it taking so long to let us know.....have they forgotten about us travelling?

Time to lay a new pitch, never mind inspect the old one!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Game in doubt? on 11:27 - Sep 28 with 1958 viewsBuckTheTrend

Game in doubt? on 11:21 - Sep 28 by D_Alien

And you, BuckTheTrend, can stick your useless markdowns up your arsehole

Puerile in the extreme even by your troglodyte standards.
Game in doubt? on 11:29 - Sep 28 with 1925 viewsJames1980

Game in doubt? on 11:29 - Sep 28 with 1920 viewsSandyman

Further inspection 12:15
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024