Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson v Corbyn 21:06 - Nov 19 with 11697 viewsbosh67

Anyone else watch this car crash on ITV?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Johnson v Corbyn on 21:32 - Nov 25 with 1617 views2Thomas2Bowles

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:25 - Nov 25 by Sharpy36

That was brutal.

You say the NHS needs protecting from Trump but it also needs protection from you!

Just one of the attacks.

JC and Boris must be shiting themselves watching that.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Johnson v Corbyn on 21:53 - Nov 25 with 1561 viewsstowmarketrange

Has anyone asked her this vital question?
If they get their 2nd independence vote and 1 or more constituencies vote no while the majority vote yes,would the no constituencies be dragged out of the union against their will?Or would they be allowed to stay?Maybe some constituencies are more equal in Scotland than some others?

I posed it to a few snp mates on fb but nobody seems to have answered me.
Johnson v Corbyn on 23:03 - Nov 25 with 1484 viewskensalriser

Johnson v Corbyn on 21:53 - Nov 25 by stowmarketrange

Has anyone asked her this vital question?
If they get their 2nd independence vote and 1 or more constituencies vote no while the majority vote yes,would the no constituencies be dragged out of the union against their will?Or would they be allowed to stay?Maybe some constituencies are more equal in Scotland than some others?

I posed it to a few snp mates on fb but nobody seems to have answered me.

Because...unless you are part of a group that is genuinely discriminated against, persecuted and repressed, Nationalism is a load of emotive identity bullshit that won't solve anyone's real life problems.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Johnson v Corbyn on 19:48 - Nov 26 with 1330 viewsSharpy36

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:25 - Nov 25 by Sharpy36

That was brutal.

2 nil Brillo

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:02 - Nov 26 with 1289 views2Thomas2Bowles

Johnson v Corbyn on 21:32 - Nov 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You say the NHS needs protecting from Trump but it also needs protection from you!

Just one of the attacks.

JC and Boris must be shiting themselves watching that.

JC looked very upset at the end, clearly did not get to look good.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 20:02]

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:04 - Nov 26 with 1289 viewsBlackCrowe

It was utter utter carnage. How he could not have been better prepared for the anti-semitism questions and the Waspi pension funding, god only knows - everyone knew they were obviously going to be asked except clearly jezwecan. It was delicious, tragic, depressing in equal measure.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:13 - Nov 26 with 1258 viewsflynnbo

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:04 - Nov 26 by BlackCrowe

It was utter utter carnage. How he could not have been better prepared for the anti-semitism questions and the Waspi pension funding, god only knows - everyone knew they were obviously going to be asked except clearly jezwecan. It was delicious, tragic, depressing in equal measure.

Let's wait and see what he does to the Liar Johnson.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 20:24]
Johnson v Corbyn on 20:16 - Nov 26 with 1244 viewsSharpy36

He had ear piece in as well, must have been broken.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:19 - Nov 26 with 1234 viewsBlackCrowe

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:13 - Nov 26 by flynnbo

it'll be carnage too. Neil is exceptional. If he hosted QT, i might start watching it again.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:31 - Nov 26 with 1207 viewsRangersw12

Massive own goal the Waspi stuff

If Labour cared so much about it then it surely it should have been in the manifesto

Thought he did ok overall though
Johnson v Corbyn on 20:33 - Nov 26 with 1201 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thought Corbyn did alright really. Didn't turn anything around granted but I'd say we're pretty much where we were before the interview.

This was always going to be Johnson's election to lose.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:35 - Nov 26 with 1201 viewsQPR_John

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:13 - Nov 26 by flynnbo

He will be just as pressing and that's what makes him the best political interviewer. Johnsons people would have looked at that and really prepared him for an onslaught.
Johnson v Corbyn on 09:01 - Nov 27 with 1042 viewsCiderwithRsie

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:35 - Nov 26 by QPR_John

He will be just as pressing and that's what makes him the best political interviewer. Johnsons people would have looked at that and really prepared him for an onslaught.

He will be just as pressing and that's what makes him the best political interviewer.

Massively disagree. Sure, he's the same for all but he's a terrible interviewer. An interview involves asking questions and getting answers. I've never heard him get an answer that told me anything useful.

Neill never was an interviewer as a journalist, he was an editor. On TV he editorialises at a politician while they're in the room.

I don't like Corbyn and I think the Rabbi has a point, but I didn't learn anything I hadn't got from reading the papers.

That he tears everyone up the same just contributes to the narrative they're all the same and there's no point in expecting anything from any of them, which is exactly the attitude that ends up with a crook in the White House and people saying "So what? they all lie and cheat just as bad." Johnson will prob do OK because no-one expects much from him anyway. Even the Corbyn stuff won't change many minds.

Neill is getting paid very nicely for a valuable media product, and IMO it's a cancer on politics.
Johnson v Corbyn on 09:13 - Nov 27 with 1023 viewsfrancisbowles

He never even managed to ask about student debt and how Corbyn says it will be free from now on but those who have the debt already will be stuck with it.
Johnson v Corbyn on 10:05 - Nov 27 with 977 viewsconnell10

Johnson v Corbyn on 20:02 - Nov 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

JC looked very upset at the end, clearly did not get to look good.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 20:02]

Oh dear tory boy is here, your god boris is a k unt end of!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:35 - Nov 27 with 939 viewsstevec

Aside of the racism, it's scary how Labour policy is so ill thought through.

Corbyn genuinely didn't have a clue how to fund £58 billion on womens pensions. If by some miracle he got in, it would take less time than Callaghan's or Blair/Browns Labour government to bankrupt the country once more.

The Tories would get back in, then another 10 years of austerity to give the nations bank account some respectability, and then no doubt a new reinvented Labour party to come in and wreck the place all over again.

This cycle needs to stop. Give the Tories a chance to have a go at something other than austerity. If they screw up then kick them out.

I don't know if the young have noticed but whilst they're understandably peeved about their lesser chances of climbing the ladder than we had, it might be worth noting that all the over 60's with their houses, savings and pension funds, largely accumulated them from the kick start we got in the 1980's and that era was overseen by the erm... Tory party.
Johnson v Corbyn on 10:50 - Nov 27 with 915 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:35 - Nov 27 by stevec

Aside of the racism, it's scary how Labour policy is so ill thought through.

Corbyn genuinely didn't have a clue how to fund £58 billion on womens pensions. If by some miracle he got in, it would take less time than Callaghan's or Blair/Browns Labour government to bankrupt the country once more.

The Tories would get back in, then another 10 years of austerity to give the nations bank account some respectability, and then no doubt a new reinvented Labour party to come in and wreck the place all over again.

This cycle needs to stop. Give the Tories a chance to have a go at something other than austerity. If they screw up then kick them out.

I don't know if the young have noticed but whilst they're understandably peeved about their lesser chances of climbing the ladder than we had, it might be worth noting that all the over 60's with their houses, savings and pension funds, largely accumulated them from the kick start we got in the 1980's and that era was overseen by the erm... Tory party.

I believe that this ‘round’ of austerity was caused by the banks, not a labour government?

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:50 - Nov 27 with 911 views2Thomas2Bowles

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:05 - Nov 27 by connell10

I'm not Tory.

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:56 - Nov 27 with 888 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't think he's a Tory?
Johnson v Corbyn on 10:56 - Nov 27 with 888 viewsNed_Kennedys

Very mature response.

That's another political thread soon to be in the bin then.
Johnson v Corbyn on 11:00 - Nov 27 with 873 viewsjonno

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:50 - Nov 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

I believe that this ‘round’ of austerity was caused by the banks, not a labour government?

Yes, I believe that was the main cause of a worldwide recession which started in the USA with lending money to people who could not afford to repay it. However, I think the Labour administration at the time did not help the situation. It's always worth remembering that since WW2 the pound has been devalued twice, in 1949 and in 1967, both times under a Labour government. However, like Brian, I won't be voting as I don't feel it would be right to do so because I no longer live in the UK and pay no tax there.
Johnson v Corbyn on 11:29 - Nov 27 with 830 viewsBuckR

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:56 - Nov 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Very mature response.

That's another political thread soon to be in the bin then.

Thank god
Johnson v Corbyn on 11:31 - Nov 27 with 828 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Johnson v Corbyn on 11:00 - Nov 27 by jonno

Yes, I believe that was the main cause of a worldwide recession which started in the USA with lending money to people who could not afford to repay it. However, I think the Labour administration at the time did not help the situation. It's always worth remembering that since WW2 the pound has been devalued twice, in 1949 and in 1967, both times under a Labour government. However, like Brian, I won't be voting as I don't feel it would be right to do so because I no longer live in the UK and pay no tax there.

“However, I think the Labour administration at the time did not help”

Yes they could have spent slightly less on health and education (their main expenditure) during the boom years which may have meant that the credit crunch crash would have been slightly less deep. Although that is arguable. Similarly, the coalition government of 2010/2011 did not help by cutting spending too hard and too fast.

Johnson v Corbyn on 11:56 - Nov 27 with 766 viewsstevec

Johnson v Corbyn on 10:50 - Nov 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

It was, totally the banks, but don't lose sight of what went on before.

Labour were overspending from 2000 to 2007, fine if the golden goose kept laying its eggs, but once it stopped there was no way to meet spending commitments hence this prolonged period of austerity (too long to be fair).

So what caused this over reliance on the golden goose? Basically, Blair and Brown committed a gross act of negligence by handing the keys of the economy over to the banks in the late 1990's.

It was done on a quid pro quo basis, whereby the banks were asked to keep interest rates low (the key to getting re-elected, which they did) and in return the banks had free run to make profits pretty much however they liked. Profits make taxes etc, hence the plan to cover Labour's mental overspend.

So how do banks make money out of low interest rates? Simple, they lend more and at ever increasing amounts. Why lend £100 grand to buy a £120 grand house when you can lend £200 grand which, via supply and demand, forces the house price up to £220 grand.

And that is why, when the market saturated, they carried it on by lending subprime mortgages and the whole fckin roof fell in.

That is the salutary lesson about having a Labour government, they are economically illiterate and it bites everyone on the árse, even after they're long gone and forgotten.
Johnson v Corbyn on 12:06 - Nov 27 with 745 viewsRangersw12

Johnson v Corbyn on 11:56 - Nov 27 by stevec

It was, totally the banks, but don't lose sight of what went on before.

Labour were overspending from 2000 to 2007, fine if the golden goose kept laying its eggs, but once it stopped there was no way to meet spending commitments hence this prolonged period of austerity (too long to be fair).

So what caused this over reliance on the golden goose? Basically, Blair and Brown committed a gross act of negligence by handing the keys of the economy over to the banks in the late 1990's.

It was done on a quid pro quo basis, whereby the banks were asked to keep interest rates low (the key to getting re-elected, which they did) and in return the banks had free run to make profits pretty much however they liked. Profits make taxes etc, hence the plan to cover Labour's mental overspend.

So how do banks make money out of low interest rates? Simple, they lend more and at ever increasing amounts. Why lend £100 grand to buy a £120 grand house when you can lend £200 grand which, via supply and demand, forces the house price up to £220 grand.

And that is why, when the market saturated, they carried it on by lending subprime mortgages and the whole fckin roof fell in.

That is the salutary lesson about having a Labour government, they are economically illiterate and it bites everyone on the árse, even after they're long gone and forgotten.

Haven't the Tories borrowed around £850 billion in the last 9 years ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024