Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Lumley 14:56 - Dec 27 with 4219 viewsHastings_Hoops

He has been brilliant the past few games (bar Barnsley, where nobody was brilliant). Don’t think there ever was a problem other than the ‘playing out from the back’ bit. Some stunning saves last night against Reading. Long may it continue. Well done Joe, especially given the bile directed by some ‘supporters’ when he needed support the most.
Joe Lumley on 20:03 - Dec 29 with 1006 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 19:59 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

BFG won everything against their big number 9

Lumley is League 1. Get rid. Cost us so many points this season. He's so sloppy, too relaxed. Good shot stopper but that's the minium you need in this league

'Get rid'

A) As if it's that easy

B) We aren't far off a League One side in terms of training facilities, stadium, and attendance so maybe we are at his level rather than the other way round.

C) Are we all forgetting that Lumley was perfectly fine last season?

Not defending the lad for that today though. Awful.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:06]
Joe Lumley on 20:05 - Dec 29 with 989 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Lumley on 20:03 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Get rid'

A) As if it's that easy

B) We aren't far off a League One side in terms of training facilities, stadium, and attendance so maybe we are at his level rather than the other way round.

C) Are we all forgetting that Lumley was perfectly fine last season?

Not defending the lad for that today though. Awful.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:06]

A) a loan in Jan would do him good

B) we're a mid table championship team.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Joe Lumley on 20:09 - Dec 29 with 971 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 20:05 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

A) a loan in Jan would do him good

B) we're a mid table championship team.

How do you force a player to go on loan if they don't want to and what do we do if Kelly gets injured or plays like he did in the League Cup?

We could buy another keeper I suppose, but that will take weeks and will probably be subject to the January desperation Tax.
Joe Lumley on 20:25 - Dec 29 with 925 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Despite my obvious misgivings of Lumley, farming him off on loan in January is a bit OTT. Simply drop Joe to the bench and reinstate Kelly in the team.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:27]
Joe Lumley on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 917 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Lumley on 20:09 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

How do you force a player to go on loan if they don't want to and what do we do if Kelly gets injured or plays like he did in the League Cup?

We could buy another keeper I suppose, but that will take weeks and will probably be subject to the January desperation Tax.

I think Joe would take it. He needs to rebuild imo.

Bring back Dieng, then you still have cover.

Joe Lumley on 20:35 - Dec 29 with 903 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 20:27 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

I think Joe would take it. He needs to rebuild imo.

Bring back Dieng, then you still have cover.

Kicking him out for a season would smash his confidence further.

Working on him is the right thing to do rather than shunting him out of the club. Give Kelly another run while we work on his confidence. What is Steve Black up to nowadays?

We'd be mad to bring Dieng into this situation (presuming his loan contact has a recall clause in it anyway). He's doing well by all accounts and is one for next season, like Eze was last year.

Long term solutions not quick fixes.

Despite what the usual angry faces on LfW say, I think there is a good keeper in there and by the looks of it so does Mark Warburton and the coaches who watch the lad day in and day out.

This is a real test for the club and is indicative as to wether we have moved on from trying to sign our way out of our problems. A few years ago we would have signed a expensive and over paid 37 year old Prem reject to solve this puzzle. I don't want to go back there.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:43]
Joe Lumley on 20:37 - Dec 29 with 897 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Lumley on 20:35 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Working on him is the right thing to do rather than shunting him out of the club. Give Kelly another run while we work on his confidence. What is Steve Black up to nowadays?

We'd be mad to bring Dieng into this situation (presuming his loan contact has a recall clause in it anyway). He's doing well by all accounts and is one for next season, like Eze was last year.

Despite what the usual angry faces on LfW say, I think there is a good keeper in there and by the looks of it so does Mark Warburton and the coaches who watch the lad day in and day out.

This is a real test for the club and is indicative as to wether we have moved on from trying to sign our way out of our problems. A few years ago we would have signed a expensive and over paid 37 year old Prem reject to solve this puzzle. I don't want to go back there.

I'm not sure he's good enough to be long term.

5-10 goals have been his fault this season. Had he not have come through the youth team ranks would we be giving him as much leeway as we are offering him now?

Joe Lumley on 20:42 - Dec 29 with 878 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 20:37 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

I'm not sure he's good enough to be long term.

5-10 goals have been his fault this season. Had he not have come through the youth team ranks would we be giving him as much leeway as we are offering him now?

Sorry mate I added other stuff after your reply.

You are probably right, he gets some special dispensation because he is a Youth product but this is the way we need to be. We need to treat these kids like rare gems because they are. It sends a signal to all the talented 12 years olds whose parents are considering QPR.

Otherwise, we look after our own not abandon them.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:44]
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Lumley on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 865 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Lumley on 20:42 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry mate I added other stuff after your reply.

You are probably right, he gets some special dispensation because he is a Youth product but this is the way we need to be. We need to treat these kids like rare gems because they are. It sends a signal to all the talented 12 years olds whose parents are considering QPR.

Otherwise, we look after our own not abandon them.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:44]

Lee camp was his age when he played for us. Id much rather have him at that age than Lumley.

I'm not emotional, no axe to grind, no calling him out on twitter (pathetic arseholes).... Just don't think he's up to it.

Joe Lumley on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 840 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 20:45 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

Lee camp was his age when he played for us. Id much rather have him at that age than Lumley.

I'm not emotional, no axe to grind, no calling him out on twitter (pathetic arseholes).... Just don't think he's up to it.

I loved Lee Camp, but he had his moments too. Remember when he played rush keeper at Norwich?
Joe Lumley on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 840 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Lumley on 20:53 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I loved Lee Camp, but he had his moments too. Remember when he played rush keeper at Norwich?

Clearly not 😂😂😂😂😁

Joe Lumley on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 794 viewspaulparker

Joe Lumley on 20:53 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Lee Camp is was and always will be ten thousand times better than Lumley
Lumley is worse than rob green and I never thought we would see a worse keeper wearing the jersey again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Joe Lumley on 21:21 - Dec 29 with 785 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 21:19 - Dec 29 by paulparker

Lumley is worse than rob green and I never thought we would see a worse keeper wearing the jersey again

Well, seems the coaching staff disagree. They keep giving him chances.
Joe Lumley on 21:30 - Dec 29 with 768 viewsPunteR

Problem with Green was his wage bill. Compare Lumley with Green just on wages then are we getting what we're paying for?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Joe Lumley on 11:01 - Dec 30 with 647 viewsLoftgirl

Joe Lumley on 16:08 - Dec 29 by MelakaRanger

Anyone can make a mistake. Maybe even two but Lumley makes mistakes far too often and most every one costs is a goal

He’s just not goof enough for this league.

Time to make him 3rd choice?

I think he is absolutely goof enough.
Joe Lumley on 11:09 - Dec 30 with 621 viewsozexile

I agree with this but he needs to be out of the firing line now. I certainly wouldn't bin him.
Joe Lumley on 13:43 - Dec 30 with 563 viewsNortholt_Rs

Joe Lumley on 20:25 - Dec 29 by Benny_the_Ball

Despite my obvious misgivings of Lumley, farming him off on loan in January is a bit OTT. Simply drop Joe to the bench and reinstate Kelly in the team.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2019 20:27]

But Kelly has looked dire when he has played....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Joe Lumley on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 543 viewssmegma

Joe Lumley on 13:43 - Dec 30 by Northolt_Rs

No he hasn't.
Joe Lumley on 13:55 - Dec 30 with 531 viewsR_from_afar

Admittedly, Green was poor at the end of his Rangers career but he was instrumental in us going up in 2014. He set our clean sheets record that season, after all.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Joe Lumley on 16:50 - Dec 30 with 489 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Joe Lumley on 13:43 - Dec 30 by Northolt_Rs

Bullshit.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 16:52]
Joe Lumley on 18:03 - Dec 30 with 445 viewsed_83

Clive's match report mentions Smithies warming the bench at Cardiff. I'd have him back here for 6 months in a heartbeat, if he's available and the loan fee & wages fitted our finances.

Other than that, completely agree with everything here - Joe's shown that he's a capable keeper, but the mistakes in his game are clearly unacceptable. Take him out of the firing line, try to rebuild his confidence and hopefully train the ridiculous howlers our of his game, and we might end up with a useful keeper, or at the very least a sellable asset. No-one benefitted from us from hanging Matt Ingram out to dry last season and then selling him on the cheap, and we won't here with Joe.
Joe Lumley on 18:31 - Dec 30 with 409 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 16:50 - Dec 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Bullshit.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 16:52]

I know I can be an obnoxious prick when it comes to politics, but any need for that?
Joe Lumley on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 403 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Lumley on 18:03 - Dec 30 by ed_83

Clive's match report mentions Smithies warming the bench at Cardiff. I'd have him back here for 6 months in a heartbeat, if he's available and the loan fee & wages fitted our finances.

Other than that, completely agree with everything here - Joe's shown that he's a capable keeper, but the mistakes in his game are clearly unacceptable. Take him out of the firing line, try to rebuild his confidence and hopefully train the ridiculous howlers our of his game, and we might end up with a useful keeper, or at the very least a sellable asset. No-one benefitted from us from hanging Matt Ingram out to dry last season and then selling him on the cheap, and we won't here with Joe.

I think both QPR and Smithies are regretting that transfer (which only happened because Lumley was in quality form by the way)
Joe Lumley on 18:46 - Dec 30 with 386 viewsGloucs_R

Joe Lumley on 18:32 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think both QPR and Smithies are regretting that transfer (which only happened because Lumley was in quality form by the way)

It happened as we were desperate for the cash.

Joe Lumley on 20:07 - Dec 30 with 359 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Joe Lumley on 18:31 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I know I can be an obnoxious prick when it comes to politics, but any need for that?

I think I've contributed to this forum long enough for people to know that I'll happy engage in polite discourse with anyone that has something credible to say (even if I disagree with it) but if someone spouts an obvious lie I'll call them out. Apologies if that offends you Bazza but I don't suffer fools gladly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024