Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liability Lumley 12:05 - Jan 11 with 14059 viewsthairanger

Hope I am wrong was surprised to see him on the team sheet today.Hope he does not cost us the points again.
UUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS
Liability Lumley on 11:07 - Jan 12 with 1483 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone with eyes can see Lumley is struggling. Criticism is fine.

Verbally abusing him and people who defend him isn’t. The lad has been bullied off social media. In any other situation that would result in prosecutions. And rightly so.

Stop using QPR, it’s players, and it’s supporters as a punchbag because you have a miserable life. If the milkman is shagging your missus or your boss is being a prick don’t take it out on everyone else trying to enjoy their football club.

This goes for childish nicknames too, like ‘Liability Lumley’ Get a grip.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 11:08]
Liability Lumley on 11:17 - Jan 12 with 1452 viewsNed_Kennedys

Liability Lumley on 10:38 - Jan 12 by smegma

Ironic cheers from your own supporters is not 'very kind to him'.

I think its time he was taken out of the firing line so to speak. Put Kelly in goal then wait for the 'ironic cheers' to return once he makes one mistake.

This is rubbish. Goalkeepers don't get ironic cheers after 'one mistake'.

There is a risk it will happen after about 20 mistakes though.
Liability Lumley on 11:29 - Jan 12 with 1430 viewsQPR_Jim

Liability Lumley on 10:30 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

Just watched the highlights, anyone blaming Amos for that backpass needs their head testing. Lumley was under no pressure at all and once again fluffed a clearance. To make matters worse he then was completely undecisive va when the ball came back in the box and ended up rooted in one position not able to move his feet.

He simply gives his defence no confidence at all and for me me that must mean he is replaced

So you're saying passing it out to a left back whose got a player in close company, giving him no choice but to go further back to the goalkeeper is a good choice.

I'm simply trying to say there were a number of mistakes and that was the starting point for it all. I quite clearly stated that I don't blame Amos, I know it's a view point which isn't black and white, much easier to put all the blame in one place, but it isn't that simple.
Liability Lumley on 12:00 - Jan 12 with 1359 viewsNed_Kennedys

Alex Smithies is in the team for Cardiff against Swansea so the remote possibility of him returning has surely gone.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 12:07]
Liability Lumley on 12:09 - Jan 12 with 1343 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 12:00 - Jan 12 by Ned_Kennedys

Alex Smithies is in the team for Cardiff against Swansea so the remote possibility of him returning has surely gone.

Getting him back would be expensive and pointless anyway.

What's the point in paying a loan fee and wages for a player that would only be the different between finishing 14th and 12th?

This season is over. Time for some housekeeping.
Liability Lumley on 12:10 - Jan 12 with 1340 viewsDejR_vu

Liability Lumley on 12:00 - Jan 12 by Ned_Kennedys

Not surprised. On the evidence of his display against us, how Etheridge has kept him out is an utter mystery. Ironic that it was us who’ve given him a helping hand to get into the team. Good luck to him, absolutely fantastic keeper. Loved having him in goal for us.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Liability Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 12 with 1327 viewsDejR_vu

Liability Lumley on 12:09 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Getting him back would be expensive and pointless anyway.

What's the point in paying a loan fee and wages for a player that would only be the different between finishing 14th and 12th?

This season is over. Time for some housekeeping.

I think a good keeper would make a bigger impact than that. This league is so tight, a decent run could easily get us into the playoffs and we’re more than capable of putting a good run together with a decent keeper in goal

Liability Lumley on 12:16 - Jan 12 with 1317 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 12 by DejR_vu

I think a good keeper would make a bigger impact than that. This league is so tight, a decent run could easily get us into the playoffs and we’re more than capable of putting a good run together with a decent keeper in goal

7th then? Same point.
Login to get fewer ads

Liability Lumley on 12:19 - Jan 12 with 1308 viewsDejR_vu

Liability Lumley on 12:16 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

7th then? Same point.

Eh? 7th isn’t the play-offs??

Liability Lumley on 12:27 - Jan 12 with 1290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 12:19 - Jan 12 by DejR_vu

Eh? 7th isn’t the play-offs??

Sorry mis read your post.

Goalkeepers that win you games are incredibly rare, and certainly isn't a category that Smithies is in.

No goalkeeper alive, let alone one that is willing to come to QPR will suddenly stop us conceding 2.3 goals per game.
Liability Lumley on 12:32 - Jan 12 with 1275 viewsNed_Kennedys

Liability Lumley on 12:27 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Goalkeepers that win you games are incredibly rare, and certainly isn't a category that Smithies is in.

No goalkeeper alive, let alone one that is willing to come to QPR will suddenly stop us conceding 2.3 goals per game.

If we get a goalkeeper who DOESN'T cost us a goal almost every game then that will make a huge difference to where we finish in the table.
Liability Lumley on 12:32 - Jan 12 with 1273 viewsDejR_vu

Liability Lumley on 12:27 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Disagree Baz. I regularly came away from games saying if it wasn’t for Smithies we’d have lost games we’d drawn and drawn games we won. He regularly pulled off worldies. We still conceded but nowhere near as many as we would have done without him imo.

Liability Lumley on 12:38 - Jan 12 with 1252 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 12:32 - Jan 12 by DejR_vu

Disagree Baz. I regularly came away from games saying if it wasn’t for Smithies we’d have lost games we’d drawn and drawn games we won. He regularly pulled off worldies. We still conceded but nowhere near as many as we would have done without him imo.

Agreed he was great keeper.

But enough to overtake 9 teams, and turn around a -6 goal difference? Bearing in mind every season he was with us we finished below where we currently are.
Liability Lumley on 12:45 - Jan 12 with 1230 viewsDejR_vu

Liability Lumley on 12:38 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agreed he was great keeper.

But enough to overtake 9 teams, and turn around a -6 goal difference? Bearing in mind every season he was with us we finished below where we currently are.

I think we’re a better team now than when he was with us, bar the keeper obviously.

All you need in this league is consistency. Bar the top two most are inconsistent. With a better keeper I think we’d improve massively, firstly because that in itself would stop us conceding so many but, also, it would give the whole team, and the defence in particular, a massive lift. This year in particular, I think that might just be enough. And, if we end up as the form team, who knows?

Liability Lumley on 12:57 - Jan 12 with 1196 viewsterryb

I definitely don't want to come across as "having a go" at Joe Lumley as I don't doubt that he cares. I also was in the camp that wanted him be our 'keeper when Smithies left.

However, I was very critical of Rob Green & Lumley has made more mistakes that have cost us games than Green. OK, he doesn't have the experience Green had, but it looks to me that his game has gone backwards since he replaced Ingram.

Will Kelly be any better? I have no idea, but it must be time to put it to the test.
Liability Lumley on 13:07 - Jan 12 with 1169 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 12:45 - Jan 12 by DejR_vu

I think we’re a better team now than when he was with us, bar the keeper obviously.

All you need in this league is consistency. Bar the top two most are inconsistent. With a better keeper I think we’d improve massively, firstly because that in itself would stop us conceding so many but, also, it would give the whole team, and the defence in particular, a massive lift. This year in particular, I think that might just be enough. And, if we end up as the form team, who knows?

Are we that much better a team that we would finish 13 places above where we did last season?

I don't think so. Play Kelly and save the money.
Liability Lumley on 13:11 - Jan 12 with 1160 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 12:32 - Jan 12 by Ned_Kennedys

If we get a goalkeeper who DOESN'T cost us a goal almost every game then that will make a huge difference to where we finish in the table.

Lumley has made 27 mistakes then has he? And all in games that we lost by one or drew?
Liability Lumley on 13:16 - Jan 12 with 1143 viewsDejR_vu

Liability Lumley on 13:07 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are we that much better a team that we would finish 13 places above where we did last season?

I don't think so. Play Kelly and save the money.

Well it’s a different league this year, so who knows? We definitely won’t if we don’t give it a go.

I’ve no idea if Kelly is the answer but I did think he was playing himself into a bit of form before he was injured. But, I think it’s fair to say that, at the moment at least, Lumley’s not the answer.

Liability Lumley on 13:16 - Jan 12 with 1140 viewsRangersw12

Liability Lumley on 13:11 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Lumley has made 27 mistakes then has he? And all in games that we lost by one or drew?

Off the top of my head he's cost us the following goals

Luton home , Fulham away , Hull Home , Brentford away x 2 and Cardiff home
Liability Lumley on 13:18 - Jan 12 with 1136 viewsNed_Kennedys

Liability Lumley on 13:11 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I said ALMOST every game. You need to read things properly and not just take the parts that fit in with your own views.
Liability Lumley on 13:26 - Jan 12 with 1105 viewsDejR_vu

Whatever anyone’s view, I suspect Lumley is sat at home going through his own personal hell at the moment. Whether that’s because the mistakes are weighing heavily or because of the reaction to them, it’s irrelevant. IMO, if he’s closed his Twitter it’s getting to him and needs a break for his own good, all other issues to one side.

Liability Lumley on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 1104 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 13:18 - Jan 12 by Ned_Kennedys

I said ALMOST every game. You need to read things properly and not just take the parts that fit in with your own views.

How many then? Give me a number?
Liability Lumley on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 1088 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Liability Lumley on 12:32 - Jan 12 by DejR_vu

Not to mention the number of penalties he saved.
Liability Lumley on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 1069 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Liability Lumley on 13:16 - Jan 12 by Rangersw12

Off the top of my head he's cost us the following goals

Luton home , Fulham away , Hull Home , Brentford away x 2 and Cardiff home

And Bristol City away plus he almost cost us the win at Stoke at the death.

The error for Brentford's second goal was identical to the one at Fulham so it shows that he's not learning. He immediately followed up this error with another poor clearance straight to Mbuemo for a chance that was almost converted by Watkins.

I understand that goalkeeper errors tend to be highlighted more than outfield players but the quantity and frequency of basic errors is simply too much to ignore. One of the reasons you have a squad is to bring players in to replace those who are not performing. Lumley has been below par all season and needs to make way for Kelly.
Liability Lumley on 13:56 - Jan 12 with 1049 viewsNed_Kennedys

Liability Lumley on 13:27 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

How many then? Give me a number?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024