Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liability Lumley 12:05 - Jan 11 with 14159 viewsthairanger

Hope I am wrong was surprised to see him on the team sheet today.Hope he does not cost us the points again.
UUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS
Liability Lumley on 13:57 - Jan 12 with 1783 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Liability Lumley on 11:07 - Jan 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Anyone with eyes can see Lumley is struggling. Criticism is fine.

Verbally abusing him and people who defend him isn’t. The lad has been bullied off social media. In any other situation that would result in prosecutions. And rightly so.

Stop using QPR, it’s players, and it’s supporters as a punchbag because you have a miserable life. If the milkman is shagging your missus or your boss is being a prick don’t take it out on everyone else trying to enjoy their football club.

This goes for childish nicknames too, like ‘Liability Lumley’ Get a grip.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 11:08]

The personal abuse is not on but this must not be confused with constructive criticism. Lumley has performed poorly all season and merits criticism. We have an able replacement in Kelly so draft him in now. Simples.
Liability Lumley on 14:16 - Jan 12 with 1717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For what it's worth...

Lumley has played well for us and shown that he has the talents to be a good keeper.
Hopefully he will again.
He needs a break from the first team to recover his true form.
Abuse is pathetic, unhelpful and dangerous.
Constructive appraisal of his form is naturally ok.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Liability Lumley on 14:27 - Jan 12 with 1687 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Liability Lumley on 14:16 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

For what it's worth...

Lumley has played well for us and shown that he has the talents to be a good keeper.
Hopefully he will again.
He needs a break from the first team to recover his true form.
Abuse is pathetic, unhelpful and dangerous.
Constructive appraisal of his form is naturally ok.

Lumley played well last season because McClaren's system didn't require him to play out from the back. He simply isn't suited to Warburton's style and with each error his confidence erodes further. Kelly may not be the tallest but he's more suited to MW's tactics.

It's often said that successful managers instil a formation and style of play that suits the players at their disposal. MW simply can't ignore Joe's errors any longer. Either change the keeper or change the style; for me the former is the natural and obvious choice.
Liability Lumley on 14:48 - Jan 12 with 1661 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Liability Lumley on 14:27 - Jan 12 by Benny_the_Ball

Lumley played well last season because McClaren's system didn't require him to play out from the back. He simply isn't suited to Warburton's style and with each error his confidence erodes further. Kelly may not be the tallest but he's more suited to MW's tactics.

It's often said that successful managers instil a formation and style of play that suits the players at their disposal. MW simply can't ignore Joe's errors any longer. Either change the keeper or change the style; for me the former is the natural and obvious choice.

"Lumley played well last season because McClaren's system didn't require him to play out from the back. He simply isn't suited to Warburton's style and with each error his confidence erodes further. Kelly may not be the tallest but he's more suited to MW's tactics."

Agree that Kelly's distribution is better at the moment.

Liability Lumley on 15:01 - Jan 12 with 1640 viewsGloucs_R

Liability Lumley on 11:29 - Jan 12 by QPR_Jim

So you're saying passing it out to a left back whose got a player in close company, giving him no choice but to go further back to the goalkeeper is a good choice.

I'm simply trying to say there were a number of mistakes and that was the starting point for it all. I quite clearly stated that I don't blame Amos, I know it's a view point which isn't black and white, much easier to put all the blame in one place, but it isn't that simple.

Fair enough. Maybe the comment 'head examining' was a little strong

Poll: Are we staying up?

Liability Lumley on 15:05 - Jan 12 with 1628 viewspaulparker

For those who think lumley should still be in the team can you actually remember him pulling off a match winning save to save us points ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Liability Lumley on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 1537 viewsvegasranger

Always like to see our players do well especially if they have come through the ranks but Lumely is really not a Championship standard goalkeeper. Confidence plays a part but watching him the last two seasons, he really doesn't seem to have enough ability. So often he is just rooted to the spot as shots fly in.I think it was against Cardiff. they hit the bar with a header and he was just standing there. Have to be honest, don't think much of Kelly either. Goalkeeper and centre half needs to be our top priority at the moment.
Liability Lumley on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 1511 viewsstainrods_elbow

Liability Lumley on 17:12 - Jan 12 by vegasranger

Always like to see our players do well especially if they have come through the ranks but Lumely is really not a Championship standard goalkeeper. Confidence plays a part but watching him the last two seasons, he really doesn't seem to have enough ability. So often he is just rooted to the spot as shots fly in.I think it was against Cardiff. they hit the bar with a header and he was just standing there. Have to be honest, don't think much of Kelly either. Goalkeeper and centre half needs to be our top priority at the moment.

This. How is the propensity to kick the ball straight to opposition players, fumble stoppable shots into your own net/to opposition players and fail to command your box - not to mention Warburton's evasive mantra about 'defending as a team' - related to the team's playing style? He needs to step away from the abuse, rebuild his game at another club, and we need to recruit and bed in a proper goalkeeper. Had Hoos, Les and the board not misguidedly taken a paltry sum for Smithies, of course, we wouldn't be in this embarrassing mess.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 17:31]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Liability Lumley on 17:40 - Jan 12 with 1494 viewsaston_hoop

Liability Lumley on 17:27 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

This. How is the propensity to kick the ball straight to opposition players, fumble stoppable shots into your own net/to opposition players and fail to command your box - not to mention Warburton's evasive mantra about 'defending as a team' - related to the team's playing style? He needs to step away from the abuse, rebuild his game at another club, and we need to recruit and bed in a proper goalkeeper. Had Hoos, Les and the board not misguidedly taken a paltry sum for Smithies, of course, we wouldn't be in this embarrassing mess.

BINGO! its Lee Hoos fault. there we go, thats how to have an agenda!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Liability Lumley on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 1473 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Had Hoos, Les and the board not misguidedly taken a paltry sum for Smithies, of course, we wouldn't be in this embarrassing mess."

No, we'd have failed FFP!

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Liability Lumley on 18:01 - Jan 12 with 1453 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liability Lumley on 15:05 - Jan 12 by paulparker

For those who think lumley should still be in the team can you actually remember him pulling off a match winning save to save us points ?

Can’t see a single person in this whole thread whose called for him to start.
Liability Lumley on 18:25 - Jan 12 with 1406 viewsterryb

Will you ever accept that it was the only offer for Smithies & that the alternative was for him to leave at the end of the season for free?

The offer of a new contract on his salary was not a possibility.
Liability Lumley on 18:31 - Jan 12 with 1400 viewsterryb

Liability Lumley on 19:52 - Jan 11 by QPR_Jim

I thought the pass from Amos started it, no need to play it back to Manning he wasn't even in space so he goes straight back to Lumley. So I'd say that 4 of our players were involved in that goal.

What exactly Wells was doing for the other two goals is beyond me but it's clear he shouldn't be marking at set pieces. Not his fault but not what he should be worrying about when he's on the pitch.

Sure Lumley could have done better but by no means the only player that can be accused of that. Thought Hall was on a suicide mission for most of the second half making poor decisions and putting his teammates under pressure.

I'm not sure how Amos & Manning can be blamed!

Hall passed to Kane & Kane to Lumley. How far back do you go for the pass from Amos to Manning?
Liability Lumley on 19:11 - Jan 12 with 1349 viewsE17hoop

Liability Lumley on 15:05 - Jan 12 by paulparker

I don't think he should still be in the team but made 2 saves v Cardiff - one onto the bar, one with his legs - before we were in control of the game. If either/both of those had gone in, I doubt we'd have walked out 6=-1 winners.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Liability Lumley on 19:39 - Jan 12 with 1317 viewsbaz_qpr

My two penneth on this, was not convinced particularly last year liked that he organised his defence in front of him and seemed fairly solid but certainly average at best.

This season my observation other than the kicking, is his handling from crosses is ok though he's cost some goals, He's certainly let in some shots that he should have saved, I'm not convinced by the decision making and I'd bet on the striker every time on a one on one. He's not saved a pen. I struggle to think of exceptional saves he's made i.e Saves he had no right to get to.

Maybe we were spoilt with Smithees, but I also question what is going on with the coaching because confidence and lack of it does not explain some of the positioning errors that are cropping up.

I do think he needs to be taken out of the team and would benefit from a loan elsewhere
Liability Lumley on 21:49 - Jan 12 with 1225 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm not convinced that QPR need go as far as farming Lumley out on loan. Every team needs a substitute keeper. Simply promote Kelly to the first team and bench Lumley. Work on his game on the training pitch and challenge him to come back stronger. Review the whole goalkeeping situation in the summer.
Liability Lumley on 21:54 - Jan 12 with 1214 viewsstainrods_elbow

Liability Lumley on 17:40 - Jan 12 by aston_hoop

BINGO! its Lee Hoos fault. there we go, thats how to have an agenda!

It's an opinion, not an 'agenda'. Just like you no doubt have plenty of.

Liability Lumley on 21:57 - Jan 12 with 1205 viewsstainrods_elbow

Liability Lumley on 17:55 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

"Had Hoos, Les and the board not misguidedly taken a paltry sum for Smithies, of course, we wouldn't be in this embarrassing mess."

No, we'd have failed FFP!

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

How do you know? And if I have an agenda, it follows that Teflon Hoos might have one too, wouldn't you think (including getting us to believe everything he says is true)?

Try employing a little critical thinking, read me a little more carefully, and you'll realise that my 'agenda' is actually to suspect all agendas.

Liability Lumley on 22:42 - Jan 12 with 1140 viewsdaveB

We would be as Smithies would have left on a free last summer
Liability Lumley on 23:17 - Jan 12 with 1096 viewskensalriser

When a player gets a chance to go to a club in a higher division and earn a lot more money, he tends to go. It's a widely observable phenomenon every season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Liability Lumley on 00:31 - Jan 13 with 1053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Liability Lumley on 21:57 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

How do you know? And if I have an agenda, it follows that Teflon Hoos might have one too, wouldn't you think (including getting us to believe everything he says is true)?

Try employing a little critical thinking, read me a little more carefully, and you'll realise that my 'agenda' is actually to suspect all agendas.

Because we've been told time and time again that we're on the knife-edge of failing FFP and because it's clear to anyone who wants to see it that only the multi-million sales of Smithies and Furlong have kept us away from doing so, and that we're still far from out of the woods. Clive and others have gone into painstaking detail on numerous occasions to pick through the accounts and finances and I trust them.

Liability Lumley on 00:51 - Jan 13 with 1039 viewsnix

Liability Lumley on 00:31 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Because we've been told time and time again that we're on the knife-edge of failing FFP and because it's clear to anyone who wants to see it that only the multi-million sales of Smithies and Furlong have kept us away from doing so, and that we're still far from out of the woods. Clive and others have gone into painstaking detail on numerous occasions to pick through the accounts and finances and I trust them.

We keep going round this merry go round and despite being told numerous times, it comes up again. Same with Charlie Austin, why didn't we get £20 million for a striker that only a couple of teams in the Premier wanted, who only wanted to go to a team in the south, who was out of contract in the next six months and who was prone to injury?

Of course Hoos and Ferdinand want to get as much as possible for players we're selling. But we're a bit hamstrung by what other teams are willing to pay. At least we're producing our own young players now instead of paying top dollar for old has beens that aren't interested. We've done some good business too, like getting money for Cole Kpekwa, who's barely played a game since. We also got reasonable money for Freeman too, considering he's also hardly played a game in the Premiership and we've got some good replacements for him in Eze and Chair this season.

Patience has got to be the strategy for the time being. And as Clive says, just because Warburton doesn't dig out individual players publicly, doesn't mean he can't see their shortcomings.
Liability Lumley on 01:28 - Jan 13 with 1031 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Liability Lumley on 00:51 - Jan 13 by nix

We keep going round this merry go round and despite being told numerous times, it comes up again. Same with Charlie Austin, why didn't we get £20 million for a striker that only a couple of teams in the Premier wanted, who only wanted to go to a team in the south, who was out of contract in the next six months and who was prone to injury?

Of course Hoos and Ferdinand want to get as much as possible for players we're selling. But we're a bit hamstrung by what other teams are willing to pay. At least we're producing our own young players now instead of paying top dollar for old has beens that aren't interested. We've done some good business too, like getting money for Cole Kpekwa, who's barely played a game since. We also got reasonable money for Freeman too, considering he's also hardly played a game in the Premiership and we've got some good replacements for him in Eze and Chair this season.

Patience has got to be the strategy for the time being. And as Clive says, just because Warburton doesn't dig out individual players publicly, doesn't mean he can't see their shortcomings.

Agree completely, Nix.

Liability Lumley on 02:33 - Jan 13 with 1011 viewsstainrods_elbow

Liability Lumley on 01:28 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree completely, Nix.

Let's hope he's digging them out in private then (as he implies he is)!

Not that it seems to be doing much good, mind!

I would be listening to any half-decent offer for Manning, especially if the intention is to go on playing him at left-back. Ditto Lumley (who can go for nothing), Hall and Cameron.

Liability Lumley on 03:41 - Jan 13 with 999 viewsMatch82

Liability Lumley on 21:57 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

I'll be brutally honest, when someone resorts to name calling as part of a point they are trying to make, I find it hard to take the rest of the point seriously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024