Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill 10:02 - Feb 16 with 5257 viewsbosh67

12 goals in 30 games so far. Many of those games from the bench. Not too bad.

Up until yesterday he had scored once from 40 efforts on goal. Credit to the lad for keeping his chin up. If he was more clinical who knows hw many he could have scored? Well, perhaps another 40... However, now he has got an extended run in the team, starting games as the number 1 striker and now he has probably got over not being recalled by West Ham who desperately need all the strikers they can get, and hopefully now we are just a little safer, he can relax and just get his average of goals to chances up.

One thing I like about him is that he's always there. He never seems to give up. He finds the runs, the spaces and gets on the end of things. His seeming inability to convert enough has obviously hampered his progress at higher levels but he is still 27 and if he can work on his finishing then who knows.

I certainly like this type of player in the team. We have some very clever ballers in this team but you do also need that big bloke who puts himself about, roughs up a backline and gets into scoring positions. He also has a decent attitude.

With Zamora it was interesting. So many injuries and issues when he came to us. His Ohhh Bobby Zamora thing was almost ironic as a chant when it started. It was more of a surprise reaction to him actually getting involved in play. And then it grew and it helped him become a better player. The more many of us doubters got behind Zamora the more it rubbed off on him and the better and more influential he became in games.

I feel Hugill needs that same backing from the fans. I feel that the more support he gets the better he will play for us. Yes, he is on loan and unlikely to come back but I think he can become a better player with the fans properly behind him. I'm not saying shout Ohhh Bobby Zamora at him. That would just be weird! But a walking in a Hugill wonderland or suchlike chant may help him score us a lot more goals in the last part of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill on 15:46 - Feb 17 with 649 viewsTacticalR

Hugill on 14:54 - Feb 17 by francisbowles

Just seen his interview on the offy. He makes the point that we can mix it up and go direct when playing out from the back isn't working. Not something we could easily do when Wells was playing.

Yes and no. There was no point in booting it straight up to Wells, but he did get on the end of some big diagonals (â„¢ QPR commentary team) from BFG and long floated passes from Eze.

Air hostess clique

Hugill on 16:14 - Feb 17 with 612 viewsW7Ranger

Hugill on 14:54 - Feb 17 by francisbowles

Just seen his interview on the offy. He makes the point that we can mix it up and go direct when playing out from the back isn't working. Not something we could easily do when Wells was playing.

One of the reasons I've slightly preferred Hugill to Wells, and would've been my preference to keep hold of.

Whilst Wells might be the better/more consistent finisher, we were limited at times with the way we could play.

Feel we have more options when Hugill plays up top. Would love it if we somehow managed to keep hold of him, on Loan if nothing else.
Hugill on 16:25 - Feb 17 with 595 viewsstevec

Hugill on 13:26 - Feb 16 by BrianMcCarthy

And he got tangled up in the net.

Not enough of that these days.

That's a very good point Brian.

Francis Lee used to be practically sown into it.
Hugill on 17:02 - Feb 17 with 556 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill on 16:25 - Feb 17 by stevec

That's a very good point Brian.

Francis Lee used to be practically sown into it.

#footballsbroken

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024