Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill 10:02 - Feb 16 with 5255 viewsbosh67

12 goals in 30 games so far. Many of those games from the bench. Not too bad.

Up until yesterday he had scored once from 40 efforts on goal. Credit to the lad for keeping his chin up. If he was more clinical who knows hw many he could have scored? Well, perhaps another 40... However, now he has got an extended run in the team, starting games as the number 1 striker and now he has probably got over not being recalled by West Ham who desperately need all the strikers they can get, and hopefully now we are just a little safer, he can relax and just get his average of goals to chances up.

One thing I like about him is that he's always there. He never seems to give up. He finds the runs, the spaces and gets on the end of things. His seeming inability to convert enough has obviously hampered his progress at higher levels but he is still 27 and if he can work on his finishing then who knows.

I certainly like this type of player in the team. We have some very clever ballers in this team but you do also need that big bloke who puts himself about, roughs up a backline and gets into scoring positions. He also has a decent attitude.

With Zamora it was interesting. So many injuries and issues when he came to us. His Ohhh Bobby Zamora thing was almost ironic as a chant when it started. It was more of a surprise reaction to him actually getting involved in play. And then it grew and it helped him become a better player. The more many of us doubters got behind Zamora the more it rubbed off on him and the better and more influential he became in games.

I feel Hugill needs that same backing from the fans. I feel that the more support he gets the better he will play for us. Yes, he is on loan and unlikely to come back but I think he can become a better player with the fans properly behind him. I'm not saying shout Ohhh Bobby Zamora at him. That would just be weird! But a walking in a Hugill wonderland or suchlike chant may help him score us a lot more goals in the last part of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill on 14:30 - Feb 16 with 1595 viewsQPR_John

Hugill on 14:26 - Feb 16 by NorthantsHoop

Think Hugill has been a very successful loan signing. He gets stuck in and has scored some vital goals. He has a good go at roughing up defenders, which you need to do in the Championship. Finishing is a bit suspect at times to say the least, but his attitude and persistence offers us a lot up front and expect he is going to get to the 20 goal mark this season. Shame we can't sign him but there is no way we are going to pay the fee and pay wages he expects. Probably similar to Wells position as a shop window for other Championship clubs who have the finances.

"Probably similar to Wells position as a shop window for other Championship clubs who have the finances"

Surely whatever the finances we have to put out a team that can compete. Should Hugill go at the end of the season we have to replace him
Hugill on 14:32 - Feb 16 with 1577 viewskensalriser

Hugill on 12:47 - Feb 16 by smegma

Goals wise yes. One thing I wanted to see this season was him and Wells start together but it's not to be now.

Or any other metric I would think.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill on 14:34 - Feb 16 with 1576 viewsNorthernr

Hugill on 14:30 - Feb 16 by QPR_John

"Probably similar to Wells position as a shop window for other Championship clubs who have the finances"

Surely whatever the finances we have to put out a team that can compete. Should Hugill go at the end of the season we have to replace him

And we will, almost certainly 95% of the way through a summer of every other message board thread talking about how desperate we are for a striker and how we'll finish bottom if we try and go into the season with these strikers and how "I'd snap your arm off now for 21st position" and every single thing the club Tweets about everything being met with a flood of replies telling them to "sign a fcking striker".
Hugill on 15:03 - Feb 16 with 1521 viewsLblock

I’m a big fan of the lad Hugill

He’ll be in the Championship next season for sure, possibly at The Tax Payers Stadium, if it then hopefully with us.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hugill on 15:17 - Feb 16 with 1509 views1MoreBrightonR

I like the fact that he's a bit of a sh1t... He really winds up defender and throws himself about a bit... We have missed players like that.

Watch him after he scored yesterday.... Clearly tells one of their players to f off ha ha
Hugill on 15:40 - Feb 16 with 1476 viewsnix

Hugill on 15:17 - Feb 16 by 1MoreBrightonR

I like the fact that he's a bit of a sh1t... He really winds up defender and throws himself about a bit... We have missed players like that.

Watch him after he scored yesterday.... Clearly tells one of their players to f off ha ha

I think they were a bit hacked off about Campbell doing the cupped ear thing to our fans after scoring as Eze also very obviously celebrated his goal towards their fans and it's not something he usually does.
Hugill on 16:05 - Feb 16 with 1425 viewsdannyblue

We borrowed Wells, and that worked out great for Burnley. We borrowed Hugill. Even if we don't buy him, West Ham will be able to command a better fee for him in the summer than they would have been able to otherwise.

Both these things mean we become a more attractive destination for those looking to put their mistaken purchases in the shop window, especially as we attack so well.

Looking at the prices of permanent strikers, each of whom is a gamble, loaning them is looking a decent strategy. Get two each time though, because one might end up being Hemed.

So I wouldn't be gutted if we signed two more unwanted premier strikers on loan in the summer, and then ideally that third young one on a permanent, as they've said they're looking for.
Hugill on 16:07 - Feb 16 with 1425 viewshamptonhillhoop

Hugill on 15:40 - Feb 16 by nix

I think they were a bit hacked off about Campbell doing the cupped ear thing to our fans after scoring as Eze also very obviously celebrated his goal towards their fans and it's not something he usually does.

Players celebrating like that in front of opposition fans is something that really winds me up. Vardy is one of the worst culprits, he seems to take great delight in doing it. It always comes across as lacking class to me and unnecessary goading. I was surprised to see Eze doing it yesterday, but you may be right about the reason.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill on 16:11 - Feb 16 with 1414 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill on 15:40 - Feb 16 by nix

Ya, I wondered about that...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hugill on 16:14 - Feb 16 with 1400 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hugill on 16:07 - Feb 16 by hamptonhillhoop

Players celebrating like that in front of opposition fans is something that really winds me up. Vardy is one of the worst culprits, he seems to take great delight in doing it. It always comes across as lacking class to me and unnecessary goading. I was surprised to see Eze doing it yesterday, but you may be right about the reason.

Vardy takes a lot of stick though every game. I’d give a bit back too if people were yelling stuff about my wife etc.

Doubt anyone in the Paddocks knew who Campbell was let alone fished out much in the way of abuse.
Hugill on 20:12 - Feb 16 with 1293 viewsrsonist

Hugill on 12:27 - Feb 16 by francisbowles

He is reported to be on around £40k a week, which is circa £2Mil a year so a three year contract means £6 million on top of fee. Not going to be much of the money left from selling Eze or whoever.

If he was on a quarter of the wages, then maybe but he is not really going to agree to that, is he?

Another loan at best, if we can't find cheaper and more suitable options, otherwise we can't afford.

Think it goes without saying he will have to take a pay cut wherever he ends up. And he seems the sort who'd rather be playing at 27.

Not too sure how much competition we'd have for him in the summer if we were interested. As it stands I think we'd be in with a shout.

There's the chance West Ham would fancy him back if they got relegated and kept Moyes on I suppose.
Hugill on 20:34 - Feb 16 with 1267 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hugill on 14:34 - Feb 16 by Northernr

And we will, almost certainly 95% of the way through a summer of every other message board thread talking about how desperate we are for a striker and how we'll finish bottom if we try and go into the season with these strikers and how "I'd snap your arm off now for 21st position" and every single thing the club Tweets about everything being met with a flood of replies telling them to "sign a fcking striker".

Surely in the summer we will be looking to buy a striker, and I'd like to think an upgrade in the goalkeeper dept.

But we'll be doing it in a completely different financial position to one we were in last year (maybe radically so if we flog off one or more of Eze/BOS/Manning/Chair). Hugill and Wells both did very well for us as loanees and I wouldn't have minded either or both as permanent buys in the summer at the right price, but we are going to be in a completely different market.

(I don't mean I expect us to be waving great wads of cash about, I mean we ought to be looking for permanent signings to build a team around for a few years - it might be someone less finished than Hugill but who' can do a job in 2020-21 and be an asset by 2021-22)
Hugill on 21:11 - Feb 16 with 1236 viewsWatford_Ranger

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2/plu

Some of these won’t be suitable due to wages but some ok players there.
Hugill on 23:29 - Feb 16 with 1163 viewsNortholt_Rs

Hugill on 16:07 - Feb 16 by hamptonhillhoop

I thought it was fab. Two nil and you fücked it up! Hate those Neanderthals with a passion.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Hugill on 00:40 - Feb 17 with 1144 viewsPunteR

I really like him. Our best CF we've had in a while. Massive improvement on the likes of Washington, Sylla, that bloke from Brighton.. Hemed?. I liked Matt Smith but had a turning circle of a cruise ship. Apart from that one Cruyff turn he did.
Gutted Hugill is only on loan.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hugill on 09:24 - Feb 17 with 1033 viewshubble

I like Hugill, but it's as if he has a huge hill to climb every game before he can score.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Hugill on 10:05 - Feb 17 with 1001 viewsgazza1

Hugill on 12:39 - Feb 16 by francisbowles

Gazza, I don't know any of this as a fact. As I said reported, which is basically saying a rumour. However, we do know that he went to a premier league club for a sizeable fee and that probably means substantial wages. I don't think this wage would be unusual for a premier league striker. Even if he is only on half of what I said, I would think the sums still make him outside our budget.

OK....say he is on £40 per week. What do you think that we are paying him bearing in mind that West Ham will have to pay the difference. We wont be paying half his wages at £40k per week for sure - we got a tight budget, FFP and all that!!
Hugill on 11:08 - Feb 17 with 945 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill on 10:05 - Feb 17 by gazza1

OK....say he is on £40 per week. What do you think that we are paying him bearing in mind that West Ham will have to pay the difference. We wont be paying half his wages at £40k per week for sure - we got a tight budget, FFP and all that!!

My guess is 10-15 depending on whether we had to pay a loan fee.
Hugill on 11:29 - Feb 17 with 914 viewskensalriser

Hugill on 21:11 - Feb 16 by Watford_Ranger

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2/plu

Some of these won’t be suitable due to wages but some ok players there.

What about that Hemed bloke? 0 goals in 11 appearances for Charlton.

Hugill on 11:36 - Feb 17 with 898 viewsTheChef

Hugill on 00:40 - Feb 17 by PunteR

I really like him. Our best CF we've had in a while. Massive improvement on the likes of Washington, Sylla, that bloke from Brighton.. Hemed?. I liked Matt Smith but had a turning circle of a cruise ship. Apart from that one Cruyff turn he did.
Gutted Hugill is only on loan.

I thought Sylla was always quietly effective for us, even if not that stylish. In this team with the chances we create, I'd back him to get 15 goals.

But yes, loving Hugill's work, and even with all the missed chances he still comes back for more.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hugill on 12:09 - Feb 17 with 873 viewsMick_S

Hugill on 11:36 - Feb 17 by TheChef

I thought Sylla was always quietly effective for us, even if not that stylish. In this team with the chances we create, I'd back him to get 15 goals.

But yes, loving Hugill's work, and even with all the missed chances he still comes back for more.

Lovely run by Hugill for his goal - had a quick look up to gauge the keeper's position before finishing.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hugill on 13:16 - Feb 17 with 811 viewsjonno

I like Hugill. He's a good lad who never stops trying, doesn't let a few misses put him off. He's not really a goalscorer, more of a battering ram, but as he says himself you sometimes need that in our division to give you another option. I would sign him if at all possible.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 13:17]
Hugill on 13:21 - Feb 17 with 806 viewsTheChef

Hugill on 13:16 - Feb 17 by jonno

I like Hugill. He's a good lad who never stops trying, doesn't let a few misses put him off. He's not really a goalscorer, more of a battering ram, but as he says himself you sometimes need that in our division to give you another option. I would sign him if at all possible.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 13:17]

Yeah I'd be keen to keep him too, but unless he's willing to accept a significant pay cut then it's very unlikely to happen,

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hugill on 14:54 - Feb 17 with 763 viewsfrancisbowles

Just seen his interview on the offy. He makes the point that we can mix it up and go direct when playing out from the back isn't working. Not something we could easily do when Wells was playing.
Hugill on 15:40 - Feb 17 with 734 viewskensalriser

Hugill on 13:21 - Feb 17 by TheChef

Yeah I'd be keen to keep him too, but unless he's willing to accept a significant pay cut then it's very unlikely to happen,

He won't have an option as he's unlikely to get offered what he's on now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024