Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds 11:51 - Mar 1 with 5958 viewsstevec

Lower Loft, from now on then.
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 07:10 - Mar 3 with 1738 viewsdistortR

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 01:58 - Mar 3 by PlanetHonneywood

While not seeking to undermine the seriousness of the situation; please still go to places if you can.

Many businesses are so reliant on tourism, that some will fold if this over-hysteria isn’t checked. I’ve been in Bangkok the last few days and the place is significantly down on tourism and business travelers. The hotel I usually stay in is normally packed this time of year. Currently it’s way below its seasonal average.

Of course the flip of this is that the hordes that usually clutter the place up are not here, so it’s quite a pleasant time to visit.

Just wash your hands or use a sanitizer and in the interim period between washing, don’t stick your fingers in your orifices. You know, what you should do normally!!

I haven't been able to afford a holiday recently,but I am prepared to be a surrogate tourist for people who are prepared to support the tourism industry financially but are not prepared to leave their homes.

Just putting it out there
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 10:49 - Mar 3 with 1634 viewscolinallcars

Football authorities saying they are prepared to hold matches behind closed doors if things get really bad. They are hoping to televise such games. How about some sampled crowd noise to enhance the experience for armchair viewers ? Why not, it seems to be heading that way anyhow.
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 10:56 - Mar 3 with 1624 viewswood_hoop

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 12:17 - Mar 2 by Mytch_QPR

Yes - I'd forgotten about that. I thought there was an EU ruling regarding State aid to airlines (maybe I'm wrong on that), in any event I suppose we might have stopped playing by the rules now we're halfway out of the door.

Mind you, bailing out BA might by a different matter. Seeing that gobshite from Ryan Air go under would be one bright bit of news amid the gloom.

Never one to slag off Ryan Air, aint got the nicest person in charge but just how many businesses have ?

Been flying to Northern Spain for over thirty years, until RyanAir came along was charged over £200 plus by Iberia, had you by the balls as the only carrier, went a short time ago £160 return for two !

Yep like getting on a bus, charge extra for every little thing but read the conditions before you book, can do without the shite coffee and grub for under two hours and get a good price.

So give me a miserable git for guvenor but reasonably priced and who really cares.
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 12:34 - Mar 3 with 1528 viewsRBlock

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 10:56 - Mar 3 by wood_hoop

Never one to slag off Ryan Air, aint got the nicest person in charge but just how many businesses have ?

Been flying to Northern Spain for over thirty years, until RyanAir came along was charged over £200 plus by Iberia, had you by the balls as the only carrier, went a short time ago £160 return for two !

Yep like getting on a bus, charge extra for every little thing but read the conditions before you book, can do without the shite coffee and grub for under two hours and get a good price.

So give me a miserable git for guvenor but reasonably priced and who really cares.

I'm with ya. Grit your teeth and bare it for a couple hours. Deal with the journey to Stansted. Save yourself a couple hundred quid.
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 13:18 - Mar 3 with 1475 viewsstowmarketrange

B@stard Ryanair And opodo.When I booked my flights to Rome I was sold a Cancel for any reason insurance policy by Opodo.So today I try to use it and cancel my flights.I wait on the phone for 2 hours to get through to Simon in New Delhi,only to be told I can’t claim as my flights are non refundable.Why sell me the policy in the first place if they know I cant claim on it?Or at least tell me that I can’t claim on it so that I can make an informed choice rather than waste another £35.
And Ryanair are cancelling flights to Italy the day after we get back.Nothing to do with being able to fleece people one last time.

Anyone want a couple of rugby tickets going cheap?And Lazio tickets for the following day?
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 13:50 - Mar 3 with 1423 viewsMytch_QPR

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 13:18 - Mar 3 by stowmarketrange

B@stard Ryanair And opodo.When I booked my flights to Rome I was sold a Cancel for any reason insurance policy by Opodo.So today I try to use it and cancel my flights.I wait on the phone for 2 hours to get through to Simon in New Delhi,only to be told I can’t claim as my flights are non refundable.Why sell me the policy in the first place if they know I cant claim on it?Or at least tell me that I can’t claim on it so that I can make an informed choice rather than waste another £35.
And Ryanair are cancelling flights to Italy the day after we get back.Nothing to do with being able to fleece people one last time.

Anyone want a couple of rugby tickets going cheap?And Lazio tickets for the following day?

I know...
Cattle get treated better.

It's a race to the bottom.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 15:41 - Mar 3 with 1346 viewsderbyhoop

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 10:56 - Mar 3 by wood_hoop

Exactly. Flights from Limoges- East Midlands at end of March only 34 Euros return. Flight takes 1 hour 10 minutes.
Don't buy their coffee; don't buy priority;don't check in hold luggage; don't buy their insurance. Treat it like a flying bus service and suck it up for the cheapness.

In 2014 I did nearly 90 flights with Ryanair (weekly commute Dublin-EMA + 3/4 flights to Limoges). Would have cost a fortune with Aer Lingus or BA.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 15:10 - Mar 5 with 1082 viewsDannyPaddox

Cheesy house music (courtesy of Vietnam) will save the planet!
Login to get fewer ads

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 15:44 - Mar 5 with 1027 viewsquickpassrotter

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 15:04 - Mar 1 by derbyhoop

We're off to see the Dire Straits Experience in 3 weeks.
6,000 capacity arena but French Govt want to ban indoor events for 5,000+

Quel dommage!

Trust all's well with you in France.

We'll still be OK in the Smithfield for a pre match drink next season - capacity below 5,000 mark there, and restrictions not yet introduced in the UK !
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 18:13 - Mar 5 with 926 viewsDiggertheMole

Rugby postponed - hard to see when to ... with 73000 seats sold in the Stadio Olympico ...Is there a spare weekend when neither Lazio nor Roma are playing at home? Solution might have been to play thi There's also the problem of clubs refusing to release the England players beyond the agreed time limit of the Six Nations competition
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 18:16 - Mar 5 with 918 viewsDiggertheMole

(Sorry previous lightening finger blunder)...to play this somewhere unaffected by the virus but England fans have bought loads of tickets and have been gearing up for a weekend in The Eternal City. Furthermore I am certain the Italian RFU don't want to lose the revenue from this game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024