Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eustace, Blackpool 19:22 - Mar 1 with 2818 viewsGloucs_R

We've turned down an approach

'QPR reject Blackpool approach for Eustace'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11947467

Poll: Are we staying up?

Eustace, Blackpool on 19:30 - Mar 1 with 2780 viewsNorthernr

Seems to have quite a good rep doesn't he? Swansea were interested last summer.
Eustace, Blackpool on 19:39 - Mar 1 with 2729 viewsbosh67

Works well with Warburton. They have history. He gets the project here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eustace, Blackpool on 19:44 - Mar 1 with 2705 viewsNorthernr

Eustace, Blackpool on 19:39 - Mar 1 by bosh67

Works well with Warburton. They have history. He gets the project here.

If he's got a chance of a number one position and wants to take it we'd be harsh to obstruct that to keep him here as an assistant.
Eustace, Blackpool on 19:51 - Mar 1 with 2665 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm encouraged that we kept him on as there was a definite upturn once he took caretaker charge last season and the powers that be obviously recognise his talent. Hopefully he's learning even more from MW and will be ready to take us forward when MW leaves for whatever reason.
Eustace, Blackpool on 20:04 - Mar 1 with 2597 viewsQPR_John

Eustace, Blackpool on 19:51 - Mar 1 by LongsufferingR

I'm encouraged that we kept him on as there was a definite upturn once he took caretaker charge last season and the powers that be obviously recognise his talent. Hopefully he's learning even more from MW and will be ready to take us forward when MW leaves for whatever reason.

Would not be surprised if Eustace takes over from Warburton when the time comes
Eustace, Blackpool on 20:05 - Mar 1 with 2590 viewspaulparker

We have had the following as number twos
Alan Harris
Peter shreeves
Kenny Jackett
Bruce Ricoh
Frank sibley ( proper QPR )
Keith curle
Marc bircham
Curtis Fleming
Tim breacker
Dowie
Ainsworth

All highly thought of but all left , if Eustace goes we get another

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eustace, Blackpool on 20:24 - Mar 1 with 2527 viewsHastings_Hoops

Eustace, Blackpool on 20:04 - Mar 1 by QPR_John

Would not be surprised if Eustace takes over from Warburton when the time comes

Funnily enough, before this post it had occurred to me that Warbs probably won’t be at QPR for more than a few seasons (age and growing reputation) and my thoughts were that he and Hoos are intelligent enough to be considering his succession planning with Eustace.
Eustace, Blackpool on 20:25 - Mar 1 with 2509 viewsLongsufferingR

Eustace, Blackpool on 20:05 - Mar 1 by paulparker

Alan Harris
Peter shreeves
Kenny Jackett
Bruce Ricoh
Keith curle
Marc bircham
Curtis Fleming
Tim breacker
Dowie
Ainsworth

At least when Bruce Ricoh left we could get an exact copy to replace him
Login to get fewer ads

Eustace, Blackpool on 21:29 - Mar 1 with 2278 viewsNorthernr

Eustace, Blackpool on 20:24 - Mar 1 by Hastings_Hoops

Funnily enough, before this post it had occurred to me that Warbs probably won’t be at QPR for more than a few seasons (age and growing reputation) and my thoughts were that he and Hoos are intelligent enough to be considering his succession planning with Eustace.

Doesn't sound very QPR does it? Lose the next three and people will be Tweeting the board demanding he be sacked and replaced with Warnock again.
Eustace, Blackpool on 00:19 - Mar 2 with 2024 viewsDannyPaddox

Eustace, Blackpool on 20:05 - Mar 1 by paulparker

Alan Harris
Peter shreeves
Kenny Jackett
Bruce Ricoh
Keith curle
Marc bircham
Curtis Fleming
Tim breacker
Dowie
Ainsworth

Another one for the list ...

Wally Downes ( proper QPR )
Eustace, Blackpool on 09:39 - Mar 2 with 1761 viewsterryb

If he wants to go I don't see how we could stand in his way.

I think he has done a good job for us & I would like him to be here next season, but by his decision.
Eustace, Blackpool on 09:49 - Mar 2 with 1738 viewsNorthernr

They've slightly changed the story now to he's turned Blackpool down, not we have.
Eustace, Blackpool on 09:55 - Mar 2 with 1716 viewsqprxtc

I thought Ken Shellito was still number two.
Eustace, Blackpool on 10:34 - Mar 2 with 1677 viewsMytch_QPR

Billy Bonds? (as I recall)...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Eustace, Blackpool on 12:59 - Mar 2 with 1572 viewsQPR_John

Eustace, Blackpool on 09:49 - Mar 2 by Northernr

They've slightly changed the story now to he's turned Blackpool down, not we have.

I think this is nearer to the truth. If Eustace wanted to go to Blackpool as their manager he would.
Eustace, Blackpool on 14:36 - Mar 2 with 1442 viewspaulparker

Eustace, Blackpool on 10:34 - Mar 2 by Mytch_QPR

Billy Bonds? (as I recall)...

Theo Foley
Frank Stapleton

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eustace, Blackpool on 22:49 - Mar 2 with 1155 viewsHastings_Hoops

Eustace, Blackpool on 21:29 - Mar 1 by Northernr

Doesn't sound very QPR does it? Lose the next three and people will be Tweeting the board demanding he be sacked and replaced with Warnock again.

I refuse to believe it. QPR have changed their ways for good.
Eustace, Blackpool on 09:27 - Mar 3 with 1005 viewsrsonist

Eustace, Blackpool on 20:24 - Mar 1 by Hastings_Hoops

Wouldn't see it that way personally. Warbs has only been a first team manager seven years, and it took a drastic life change and over a decade climbing the ladder to get there so I can't imagine he'll pack it in anytime soon. While he is old by divisional standards he comes across as having the drive and impatience of a younger man.

As far as his reputation goes he's re-established his merits without necessarily changing the perception of his weaknesses. I think having come a cropper to the aspirations of Rangers and Forest there's probably a general understanding that he's appropriate for our situation (as he was at Brentford, until he wasn't) - if you were looking to get promoted or beat the drop it'd be quite the leap of faith.

Even if success does come then Howe, Dyche, Wilder have been left to build their empires for years without attracting serious approaches.
Eustace, Blackpool on 09:38 - Mar 3 with 971 viewsrsonist

Maybe it's just a question of mid-season timing but I'd have thought Blackpool would have been a pretty ideal job if Eustace does have aspirations. Strange one IMO.

From what I recall reading the pros and cons of his time in charge of Kidderminster he, Warbs, and Banfield (20 years of Wengerball) are peas in a freewheeling, not-setpiece-defending pod.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024