Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR 18:52 - Mar 2 with 5198 viewsbosh67

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qprs-hugill-opens-up-on-plans-for-next-season/

Nice to see the lad only really interested in doing his best here. Short but refreshing read really. He's got the right attitude.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 01:12 - Mar 3 with 3741 viewsLoftgirl

Who are the "U's"? "Loftus Road outfit"? Two bob journalists.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 01:49 - Mar 3 with 3713 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 01:12 - Mar 3 by Loftgirl

I think we’ve all had occasion to call the Rangers something beginning with ‘U’ over the years, usually preceded by ‘effing’!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR (n/t) on 01:49 - Mar 3 with 3713 viewsPlanetHonneywood

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:22 - Mar 3 with 3522 viewssmegma

What did you expect from such a poor website???
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:24 - Mar 3 with 3516 viewsAntti_Heinola

Really like Hugill and if he'll take a 75% pay cut, would love him here next season.

Bare bones.

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:36 - Mar 3 with 3485 viewsjonno

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:24 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

Really like Hugill and if he'll take a 75% pay cut, would love him here next season.

Get him on another year's loan, let West Ham pay most of his wages.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:05 - Mar 3 with 3446 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:36 - Mar 3 by jonno

That would be great especially if we could get him at the start of the season.

His loan with us has been pretty successful though, so there may be clubs willing to make a bigger contribution to secure his services.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:19 - Mar 3 with 3422 viewsSir_Chops

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:36 - Mar 3 by jonno

Unless the Spammers come down, in which case they might suddenly realise they need him themselves.

Hopefully QPR are out looking at other candidates for next year. When you consider Hugill was a 1-in-5 striker before he came to QPR, there must be others out there with more in them than their current clubs are getting.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:14 - Mar 3 with 3269 viewssmegma

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 09:24 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

That ain't going to happen sadly.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:16 - Mar 3 with 3267 viewsDavieQPR

Wells has 1 goal in 7 appearances since leaving us. Our attacking style of play does make forwards look good.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:36 - Mar 3 with 3201 viewstheQPRking

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:16 - Mar 3 by DavieQPR

Wells has 1 goal in 7 appearances since leaving us. Our attacking style of play does make forwards look good.

Which is one of the main reasons Peterborough do so well producing and developing non league talent, play attacking football and make your strikers look good. Sell on values sore once you put a few goals in the back of the net..
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:46 - Mar 3 with 3182 viewsozranger

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:19 - Mar 3 by Sir_Chops

Unless the Spammers come down, in which case they might suddenly realise they need him themselves.

Hopefully QPR are out looking at other candidates for next year. When you consider Hugill was a 1-in-5 striker before he came to QPR, there must be others out there with more in them than their current clubs are getting.

And therein lies the big problem about getting in the "right" striker. Players fit certain systems and if you can keep the same manager for a long period of time you can find the right players. Take a certain Mr Wells. Here he thrived. I've been told that at Bristol he is struggling to fit in how they play. Not his fault that they made a mistake. Over seven games since he's been there, only three have been the full 90 and his stats are now 10 shots, a bare two on target and one goal. Let's hope we can find some more good strikers who are right for our style of play not just goal scorers.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 13:22 - Mar 3 with 3109 viewsSir_Chops

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 12:46 - Mar 3 by ozranger

And therein lies the big problem about getting in the "right" striker. Players fit certain systems and if you can keep the same manager for a long period of time you can find the right players. Take a certain Mr Wells. Here he thrived. I've been told that at Bristol he is struggling to fit in how they play. Not his fault that they made a mistake. Over seven games since he's been there, only three have been the full 90 and his stats are now 10 shots, a bare two on target and one goal. Let's hope we can find some more good strikers who are right for our style of play not just goal scorers.

Agreed - though evidently less of a problem for us than for others, now there's an attacking style of play. Deals like Shankland or even Kevin Nisbet (same league as Shankland) that would have been a bigger gamble under previous managers/systems must seem much less of one now, as long as it's within budget.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 13:23]
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:34 - Mar 3 with 2974 viewsgazza1

Hugill may well go back to West Ham and get a move to a championship team next season - my view he is a long way from Premiership standard.

He has got a proper decent attitude, works for his team and an asset. I really cant make my mind up if I would sign him long term, I got a lot of time for him but not sure if I I want him as our No1 striker. (that goal that he scored, which was offside, on Saturday was really poor from Higill - he should never of got himself in an offside position in a million years!!!)
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:09 - Mar 3 with 2952 viewsLazyFan

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 14:34 - Mar 3 by gazza1

Hugill may well go back to West Ham and get a move to a championship team next season - my view he is a long way from Premiership standard.

He has got a proper decent attitude, works for his team and an asset. I really cant make my mind up if I would sign him long term, I got a lot of time for him but not sure if I I want him as our No1 striker. (that goal that he scored, which was offside, on Saturday was really poor from Higill - he should never of got himself in an offside position in a million years!!!)

Agree with all of what you stated.
I would not sign him, his wages will be too high.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:17 - Mar 3 with 2943 viewskensalriser

How does anyone know what wages he's on or what he might get offered for a new contract?

At the moment his level appears to be fair to middling Championship, so isn't that most likely the sort of level a club will be looking to offer? What he's on currently is about as relevant as how much your car cost versus what it's worth now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:32 - Mar 3 with 2931 viewsAntti_Heinola

Think it's fairly accepted he's on 40k at West Ham. Obviously, no club in our league will match tht, but if he's unwanted at West Ham and he wants first team football, there's lways a deal to be had where his contract is paid up, so he loses no money. For example, a £3m fee could pay off the final year of his deall, get him off the wage bill and give West Ham a profit. Inevitably, Hugill's next contract will be a massive pay cut wherever he goes, so deals can be done. More likely, of course, that he'll go to Forest and get £20k there.

Bare bones.

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:40 - Mar 3 with 2919 viewsDavieQPR

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:17 - Mar 3 by kensalriser

How does anyone know what wages he's on or what he might get offered for a new contract?

At the moment his level appears to be fair to middling Championship, so isn't that most likely the sort of level a club will be looking to offer? What he's on currently is about as relevant as how much your car cost versus what it's worth now.

Doesn't matter how much your car cost and how much it is worth now because it still cost the same, if not more, to run it.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:49 - Mar 3 with 2901 viewsRog

7:30 onward
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:15 - Mar 3 with 2839 viewsderbyhoop

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 15:32 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

Think it's fairly accepted he's on 40k at West Ham. Obviously, no club in our league will match tht, but if he's unwanted at West Ham and he wants first team football, there's lways a deal to be had where his contract is paid up, so he loses no money. For example, a £3m fee could pay off the final year of his deall, get him off the wage bill and give West Ham a profit. Inevitably, Hugill's next contract will be a massive pay cut wherever he goes, so deals can be done. More likely, of course, that he'll go to Forest and get £20k there.

If we're averaging 11K in wages and looking to reduce that figure (see latest Accounts), it's difficult to see how we could, or should, offer Hugill a permanent deal at a wage level he would find acceptable - even if Wet Spam pay him off to cancel his contract.

I would hope that we can find a striker from anywhere (Denmark, Portugal, Germany, etc) that could offer Hugill's scoring rate for a fraction of his wages

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:52 - Mar 3 with 2804 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Always surprised of the criticism of Hugill to be honest. He'll return 15+ goals for us this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 20 which he will do if he sticks to his 2020 scoring rate. Yeah I know he's being fed by probably the most creative midfield in the division but if it works it works.

When did we get so fussy?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 17:49]
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 17:33 - Mar 3 with 2748 viewsrsonist

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 16:52 - Mar 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

Always surprised of the criticism of Hugill to be honest. He'll return 15+ goals for us this season and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 20 which he will do if he sticks to his 2020 scoring rate. Yeah I know he's being fed by probably the most creative midfield in the division but if it works it works.

When did we get so fussy?
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 17:49]

Ask these types to suggest a few realistic alternatives the club should go for instead and the silence is deafening though.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:09 - Mar 4 with 2494 viewsgazza1

They don't know what wages Hugill is on...….just guessing without any idea. Take no notice, £40k -really.

Wages are not a thing that is discussed and it is kept pretty private between players - fact.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:33 - Mar 4 with 2477 viewsrsonist

Every Hugill thread someone comes along and says if we haven't seen every full contract in print then any discussion about wages is null and void. It's just as silly as the opposite extreme of Facebook mouthbreathers spreading memes about Pugh being on 30k.
Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:49 - Mar 4 with 2460 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hugill remains focussed on all things QPR on 10:33 - Mar 4 by rsonist

Every Hugill thread someone comes along and says if we haven't seen every full contract in print then any discussion about wages is null and void. It's just as silly as the opposite extreme of Facebook mouthbreathers spreading memes about Pugh being on 30k.

yeah, and really it's irrelevant in the case of this discussion what he's on - the FACT is he will not be on less than £20k as a Prem player, and is unlikely to be on more than £40k. The numbers are irrelevant, because the point is about how, if Hugill were to leave, how he gets paid what he is 'owed' by West Ham, whether that's £2m, £1m or £4m.
I'm not saying we *should* buy him by the way, all I'm saying is that his next contract will certainly be less than his current one - we won't be able to give him the best offer, I think that's obvious, and that means we probably won't get him, but players don't always go for the best financial offer.
I was speaking to an ex-pro the other night who had a good offer to join a club once, but he had heard so much stuff about what a nightmare the manager was (a former QPR player actually) that he went elsewhere, even though the deal wasn't as good.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024