Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away kits 09:29 - Mar 11 with 3856 viewscpgerber

I understand that clubs think they will sell more replica shirts if they play in the away kits more often. In fact, I am pretty sure for some clubs its very successful. Ajax's dark green away kit is very popular over here (both my kids preferred it over the classic white/red), maybe because its way more practical than the white that once dirty, is basically ruined.

But surely we are selling none of those shirts we played in at Preston?

I really think they should only revert to away kits when there is a clash. For me it takes away from the identify and character of a team. Imagine the All Blacks always playing in white away kit?

Favorite QPR away kit? Mine was the red and black hoops.
Away kits on 14:00 - Mar 11 with 935 viewsW7Ranger

Away kits on 13:34 - Mar 11 by CamberleyR

We wore hoops in 1986 although as everybody knows that was just a bad dream and never happened.

We should have worn blue & white hoops in 1982. We won the toss for kits but for some stupid reason believing it was lucky as we'd won the semi final in it, decided to stick with the red/black away kit in the final hence the odd spectacle of both teams playing in their away kits.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 13:36]

In all honesty, i did completely by-pass '86!

Whether that's a sub-conscious thing or not I don't know!!
Away kits on 14:11 - Mar 11 with 912 viewsslmrstid

I follow Genoa in Italy (comes from randomly picking to play as them on Actua Soccer 3 on the Playstation as a kid...what a game that was...)

Anyway, from following them over the years it seems to me that they have the same design for home kit (red and blue halves) and away kit (white shirt with red and blue stripe across the middle) every year, without fail.

I love that idea, that you've got an iconic home and away kit, so its always the same.

They've had a different third kit now and then over the years, but home and away kit stays the same it seems.

I'd quite happily have that with QPR - blue & white home, red & black away, play with a third kit every now and then if you must.

Are there any other clubs in world football who do that??
Away kits on 14:41 - Mar 11 with 869 viewsrsonist

Away kits on 14:11 - Mar 11 by slmrstid

I follow Genoa in Italy (comes from randomly picking to play as them on Actua Soccer 3 on the Playstation as a kid...what a game that was...)

Anyway, from following them over the years it seems to me that they have the same design for home kit (red and blue halves) and away kit (white shirt with red and blue stripe across the middle) every year, without fail.

I love that idea, that you've got an iconic home and away kit, so its always the same.

They've had a different third kit now and then over the years, but home and away kit stays the same it seems.

I'd quite happily have that with QPR - blue & white home, red & black away, play with a third kit every now and then if you must.

A couple years ago Serie A had Genoa, Cagliari, Bologna, and Crotone who all wear the same kit.
Away kits on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 860 viewsThe_Beast1976

This
Away kits on 15:30 - Mar 11 with 787 viewshantssi

What happened in’86?
I’ve no recollection of anything of note happening that year!
Away kits on 15:36 - Mar 11 with 778 viewsbosh67

I agree. This. Blue and white hoops home, black and red hoops away. Keep that the same every season. If needs be change the trim or the collar but stay with that. I don't think we need a third kit but if we did that should either be green and black or green and white hoops. Always hoops.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Away kits on 16:26 - Mar 11 with 736 viewsLazyFan

I got the pink'un so, that on those charity days when one is asked to wear pink I can wear a footy shirt with the R's on it and if they say anything against it I can say they are being disrespectful to the spirit of the charity. And make them look bad.

So, far I see in their eyes they think about questioning it and then realise how it would boomerang back at them and then grimace as they have to take it.

I also observe they are usually of a right-whingers persuasion, but then this is no less than I would expect of those over-sensitive right-whingers with their woke ways.

Right-whingers bunch of snowflakes the lot of'em.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Away kits on 16:27 - Mar 11 with 733 viewsDylanP

Love Dennis the Menace. Love anything with hoops. DIdn't we have a third kit a few years ago that had purple hoops? Purple and black? An I imagining that?

Hate the current turquoise catastrophe. Same with pink kit and that weird orange one we had a few years back. It bugs me coz when we play well in a kit like that, it doesn't look like us. Obviously, I know its us but the casual observer would have no idea.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Login to get fewer ads

Away kits on 19:39 - Mar 11 with 662 viewsPunteR

Not sure if its Faurlin making this kit look good or not but its pretty shexy for an away shirt.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024