Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disney+ 19:29 - Mar 31 with 2932 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone got it? Is the Mandalorian available all at once or just one episode at a time?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Disney+ on 21:58 - Mar 31 with 2879 viewsToast_R

The whole lot
Disney+ on 22:09 - Mar 31 with 2873 viewsLunarJetman

Disney+ on 21:58 - Mar 31 by Toast_R

The whole lot

Isn’t it just the first two episodes and the rest one at a time each week?
Disney+ on 22:23 - Mar 31 with 2862 viewsMatch82

Disney+ on 22:09 - Mar 31 by LunarJetman

Whole series is finished though isn't it?
Disney+ on 22:36 - Mar 31 with 2844 viewsGloucs_R

Disney+ on 22:09 - Mar 31 by LunarJetman

That's what I heard too. So you can't sign up to just one month

Poll: Are we staying up?

Disney+ on 23:13 - Mar 31 with 2809 viewsitsbiga

The Mandalorian is about all thats worth watching on Disney+

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Disney+ on 23:21 - Mar 31 with 2798 viewsMatch82

Disney+ on 23:13 - Mar 31 by itsbiga

The Mandalorian is about all thats worth watching on Disney+

I have a four year old, it's paid for itself ten times over since the lockdown!
Disney+ on 00:01 - Apr 1 with 2764 viewsdaveB

They have the first 2 episodes on there and the rest are coming one a week.

For 4.95 a month we've had our money's worth already with all the Marvel films and old Simpsons episodes. An absolute god send during this lockdown
Disney+ on 00:19 - Apr 1 with 2741 viewsPunteR

Disney+ on 00:01 - Apr 1 by daveB

For 4.95 a month we've had our money's worth already with all the Marvel films and old Simpsons episodes. An absolute god send during this lockdown

Agree. Great channel. We've been watching the Simpsons again.

As for the Mandalorian, its good. Better than most of the new films but thats not saying much.
What i love about it, and call me old fashioned, is its only coming out once a week like the good old days.
My kids cant get their tiny little minds around it. A week? A whole flippin week !!? To watch the next episode?

Im looking forward to episode 4
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 0:22]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Disney+ on 09:29 - Apr 1 with 2580 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I really enjoyed the Mandalorian. REALLY enjoyed it. It's great fun, even the Mrs who is anti Sci-Fi thought it was brill for a neutral viewer. It blatantly rips off the Lone Wolf & Cub series but that in itself is actually not a bad thing at all.

However, I think that the reason I liked it so much was because it highlights just how bad the sequels were.
Disney+ on 11:51 - Apr 1 with 2519 viewsJuzzie

Disney+ on 00:19 - Apr 1 by PunteR

As for the Mandalorian, its good. Better than most of the new films but thats not saying much.
What i love about it, and call me old fashioned, is its only coming out once a week like the good old days.
My kids cant get their tiny little minds around it. A week? A whole flippin week !!? To watch the next episode?

I remember the days of "28 days for delivery". Now its expected next day or maybe even same day.

Now that services like Amazon Prime are rightly focussing on necceseties, I think some people are going to have to get used to... *gasp* maybe a whole week!

Oh the humanity.
Disney+ on 12:27 - Apr 1 with 2483 viewsPunteR

Disney+ on 11:51 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

I remember the days of "28 days for delivery". Now its expected next day or maybe even same day.

Now that services like Amazon Prime are rightly focussing on necceseties, I think some people are going to have to get used to... *gasp* maybe a whole week!

Oh the humanity.

Yeh maybe its a good thing if the pace of life slows down a bit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Disney+ on 12:43 - Apr 1 with 2449 viewsLazyFan

Disney+ on 09:29 - Apr 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

I really enjoyed the Mandalorian. REALLY enjoyed it. It's great fun, even the Mrs who is anti Sci-Fi thought it was brill for a neutral viewer. It blatantly rips off the Lone Wolf & Cub series but that in itself is actually not a bad thing at all.

However, I think that the reason I liked it so much was because it highlights just how bad the sequels were.

The storylines predate the 1970's as the Mandalorian is essentially a Western. There is one episode which is Sci-Fi with Mercs when they attempt a rescue from a prison ship. All the other episodes are Westerns.

There is even an episode whereby they recreate the Magnificant Seven (but with less than seven) whereby they protect a village from bandits and train the villagers to fight back too, which in itself is a rip-off of the Seven Samurai (an Eastern).

And this is why it works. It combines two genres well and also minimises the number of key characters. Acting is also top-notch. The storylines are also simple and effective, rather than convoluted. Complex storylines can work, but an effort of GoT proportions must be applied to make them work.

What's also noticeable is that Han Solo could have easily had a lot of the same storylines. Which shows how they have not used that character well.

It's worth watching, especially if you like Westerns over Sci-Fi. Mandalorian second seasons will define the series and hopefully be as good to generate a level of quality that other online providers will have to compete with.

Let's hope the producers of the Judge Dredd series take note.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Disney+ on 12:44 - Apr 1 with 2447 viewsthame_hoops

I bought it for the missus and her kids for lockdown, its excellent and great value (£50 year) and the 4K app came on the samsung TV. lots of content, all the star wars films and the Mandolorian is the best star wars since the original trilogy. however they are releasing one episode a week to stop people binge watching it during the free 7 day trial.
Disney+ on 12:46 - Apr 1 with 2446 viewsthame_hoops

Disney+ on 00:01 - Apr 1 by daveB

every time i go downstairs the simpsons is on, hundreds and hundreds of episodes lol the jeff goldblum thing is cool too, a bit weird but each episode is only 30mins and easy to watch
Disney+ on 12:48 - Apr 1 with 2444 viewsthame_hoops

Disney+ on 12:43 - Apr 1 by LazyFan

The storylines predate the 1970's as the Mandalorian is essentially a Western. There is one episode which is Sci-Fi with Mercs when they attempt a rescue from a prison ship. All the other episodes are Westerns.

There is even an episode whereby they recreate the Magnificant Seven (but with less than seven) whereby they protect a village from bandits and train the villagers to fight back too, which in itself is a rip-off of the Seven Samurai (an Eastern).

And this is why it works. It combines two genres well and also minimises the number of key characters. Acting is also top-notch. The storylines are also simple and effective, rather than convoluted. Complex storylines can work, but an effort of GoT proportions must be applied to make them work.

What's also noticeable is that Han Solo could have easily had a lot of the same storylines. Which shows how they have not used that character well.

It's worth watching, especially if you like Westerns over Sci-Fi. Mandalorian second seasons will define the series and hopefully be as good to generate a level of quality that other online providers will have to compete with.

Its also good old fashioned saturday night feel good tv like the A-Team. new story each week prety much, i pirated it back in Nov/Dec but since watched again.
Disney+ on 12:49 - Apr 1 with 2440 viewsQPR_Jim

Disney+ on 00:19 - Apr 1 by PunteR

I get what you mean, sometimes it's nicer to spread it out over a period of time rather than binge a series. Release times generally are all over the place these days. Some Netflix series like better call saul release an episode a week to keep you coming back when you'd expect someone like netflix to dump them all at once. Then other series, like the trip to greece, is shown one a week on sky but you can download them all immediately using catch up after the first episode airs.

What annoys me about it is that more and more shows are 45min to 1hr an episode, 10 episodes+. Each episode ends with something to try and draw you back in, a reveal or a cliff hanger and it's the same with the end of the series too. I've started to prefer films because at least you have an end, might even be a rubbish film but at least it's a self contained story.
Disney+ on 14:15 - Apr 1 with 2407 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Disney+ on 12:43 - Apr 1 by LazyFan

Agree with this. There's clearly much that has influenced the Manmdalorian, westerns being at the forefront. The shootout at the end of Ep 1 reminded me of the shootout at the end of the Wild Bunch. For me though, the overriding influence was the Babycart series. Check out this article if you get the chance: https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/the-mandalorian-lone-wolf-and-cub/

As for Mega-City One - agree with you 100%
Disney+ on 16:55 - Apr 1 with 2347 viewsOldPedro

Disney+ on 11:51 - Apr 1 by Juzzie

Oh the humanity.

I ordered some bulbs last night on Amazon - delivery date is 28th April - very old school :-)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Disney+ on 18:22 - Apr 1 with 2305 viewsBenSummer

Agree on this "minimises the number of key characters," that's my main gripe with the recent series of Doctor Who (which I've generally enjoyed) and the most recent SW film. Why bother having a bunch of "quirky" side characters if you won't write them well, and what's the point if an interesting main character if they've got nothing interesting to do (i.e. Finn in SW). Mandalorian so far has pulled off a good main cast and actually intriguing side characters.

[edit: was meant to be in reply to LazyFan]
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 18:51]
Disney+ on 09:28 - Apr 21 with 2070 viewsthame_hoops

During lockdown I think I’ve completed the simpsons 😂
Disney+ on 15:05 - Apr 21 with 1988 viewspaesanu

You can have 4 profiles so if you split it with friends or family it can work out at....

£1 a month, for hundreds of hours worth. One of the most ridiculous bargains I've come across.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Disney+ on 15:44 - Apr 21 with 1977 viewsLunarJetman

Disney+ on 15:05 - Apr 21 by paesanu

You can have 4 profiles so if you split it with friends or family it can work out at....

£1 a month, for hundreds of hours worth. One of the most ridiculous bargains I've come across.

4 profiles and £1 a month?? Are you talking at cross purposes?
Disney+ on 16:07 - Apr 21 with 1968 viewspaesanu

Disney+ on 15:44 - Apr 21 by LunarJetman

4 profiles and £1 a month?? Are you talking at cross purposes?

It costs £48 a year, but if there were 4 people (profiles) splitting the cost, that's £12 each a year.

Disney+ on 16:12 - Apr 21 with 1957 viewsthame_hoops

Disney+ on 16:07 - Apr 21 by paesanu

It costs £48 a year, but if there were 4 people (profiles) splitting the cost, that's £12 each a year.

But can 4 people log in at once? Netflix limits you depending on what plan you have
Disney+ on 21:05 - Apr 21 with 1899 viewspaesanu

Disney+ on 16:12 - Apr 21 by thame_hoops

But can 4 people log in at once? Netflix limits you depending on what plan you have

I stand corrected, you can actually have 7 profiles. And you can have 4 simultaneous devices streaming at the same time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024