Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was just doing the 13:13 - May 20 with 1661 viewsBoston

....how much it was when I were a lad bit with one of the boys. How much was it when you first paid in at Loftus Rd? I honestly can’t remember, I do know that for 50p (or the equivalent in real money), I’d be on the School End with a match programme, travel on an 83 and the Central Line with a bag of chips from the SAR Fish Bar.....and have change.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 13:13]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I was just doing the on 13:19 - May 20 with 1624 views2Thomas2Bowles

I think the loft for boys was about 30/35p 70p for adults 1973

When the seats went into the upper loft I think it was £5 around 1982

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I was just doing the on 13:24 - May 20 with 1619 viewsslmrstid

I remember when I was 12 and we were relegated to the Second Division/League One (sob) that my Junior season ticket was reduced down to £99 and stayed that way for at least 2-3 seasons before going up again.

A long way from the £535 I pay now!
I was just doing the on 13:34 - May 20 with 1591 viewsstowmarketrange

It was £sd when I first started going in Oct 1970.I seen to recall 1s 3d for kids and 2s 6d for adults but I’m not certain of that.
I thought the programme was 7p and 10p with the football league review in it.
I never had anything to eat or drink either in the ground or not.

I used to sell the club lottery tickets during the 1976-77 and 77-78 seasons,and that was for a free season ticket in the loft.My parents used to buy them all from me in the hope of winning some prize money instead of just giving me the money to go to football with.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 13:48]
I was just doing the on 13:38 - May 20 with 1584 viewsTacticalR

Have a look at this on QPR Report:

Season ticket & seat prices 1974-75
https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/39542/season-ticket-seat-prices-1974

On that thread I posted an image of the 1978-9 season ticket prices. Note that season ticket prices doubled between 1974 and 1978.

Air hostess clique

I was just doing the on 13:49 - May 20 with 1548 viewsterryb

I have a memory of going to an Arsenal - Liverpool game circa 1967 when I got home with a tiny bit of change from 10 shillings!

Half price return from Chesham on the underground, full fare of 5/- at Arsenal (half price was just for thier kids pen & I wasn't going in that!), a programme & a bus ride from the station home.

Whether the train ticket was to Arsenal or Baker Street I can't recollect!
I was just doing the on 14:03 - May 20 with 1518 viewsDavieQPR

When I first started going most kids my age were lifted over the turnstiles by their Dad and his mates.
I was just doing the on 14:11 - May 20 with 1501 viewsstevec

I digress, but remember us going to Saturday morning pictures in Queensway, and on the way home getting a massive bag of chips for an old tuppence.

Glorious
I was just doing the on 14:52 - May 20 with 1454 viewsBoston

I was just doing the on 13:38 - May 20 by TacticalR

Have a look at this on QPR Report:

Season ticket & seat prices 1974-75
https://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/39542/season-ticket-seat-prices-1974

On that thread I posted an image of the 1978-9 season ticket prices. Note that season ticket prices doubled between 1974 and 1978.

Just had a scroll on that page and there’s a couple of posts from terryb and possibly Kensal Risers Great Grandfather’s get poor quick scheme.

Login to get fewer ads

I was just doing the on 15:07 - May 20 with 1432 viewsterryb

I was just doing the on 14:52 - May 20 by Boston

Just had a scroll on that page and there’s a couple of posts from terryb and possibly Kensal Risers Great Grandfather’s get poor quick scheme.

I'm one of the few that still post on there Boston!

I was staggered at the praise Roller gave to Tactical. He always takes the pee out of me!

Roller that is, not Tactical.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 15:22]
I was just doing the on 15:09 - May 20 with 1425 viewsNov77

first game I went to I was only a kid, it was 1977 and I paid 50p to stand on the Loft.

I asked who the 'arse' was and why everyone wanted him to come on. Turned out they were singing "Come on you R's"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

I was just doing the on 15:25 - May 20 with 1392 views2Thomas2Bowles

can't get the Jpgs to show, so links.

SAR seat 74 V Leeds £1.15

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/2/17/14241

FA cup replay 82 seat £7
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/gallery/2015/feb/17/football-ticket-pr

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I was just doing the on 18:14 - May 20 with 1305 viewsBoston

I was just doing the on 15:07 - May 20 by terryb

I'm one of the few that still post on there Boston!

I was staggered at the praise Roller gave to Tactical. He always takes the pee out of me!

Roller that is, not Tactical.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 15:22]

Good to know Reports still alive. Used to be a hardy little band around DuPont Circle.

I was just doing the on 03:19 - May 23 with 1090 viewsFredManRave

Can't answer for the cost of going to Rangers back then as I wasn't going but I remember that I could go down my local in 1987 with a fiver and get 4 pints and 10 B&H. Happy daze!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

I was just doing the on 20:50 - May 27 with 968 viewshantssi

Boston, you won’t get the 83 to Hanger Lane anymore, it stops at Alperton!
You have to get another bus so costs twice as much as it’s the same fare whether 1 stop or the whole route, found this out a few years back when going from Kingsbury to the game with my brother, we were hoping to get a few in in the Fox and Goose before the game, used to be a really good Fullers pub now a bloody Premier Inn!
I was just doing the on 22:40 - May 27 with 905 viewsBoston

I was just doing the on 20:50 - May 27 by hantssi

Boston, you won’t get the 83 to Hanger Lane anymore, it stops at Alperton!
You have to get another bus so costs twice as much as it’s the same fare whether 1 stop or the whole route, found this out a few years back when going from Kingsbury to the game with my brother, we were hoping to get a few in in the Fox and Goose before the game, used to be a really good Fullers pub now a bloody Premier Inn!

Probably 20 years since I travelled that way to Rangers. Nowadays, when coming from Wembley, it’s on at North Wembley, change at Willesden Junction then off at Shepherds Bush Overground. Bloody marvellous.
[Post edited 27 May 2020 22:42]

I was just doing the on 01:23 - May 28 with 851 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I was just doing the on 14:03 - May 20 by DavieQPR

When I first started going most kids my age were lifted over the turnstiles by their Dad and his mates.

Crickey that brings back memories!

The thing I remember most about this, was that you’d sit on your dad’s lap and then five minutes in, it was musical chairs as people moved around to find two seats together.

I had cousins who lived on the White City Estate, whose MO was a little sneakier. As little ones, they could squeeze in under a gate at the School End in the early-, mid-70s. Apparently there was a little flock of them who’d practice this, even popping home at half-time for a drink.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I was just doing the on 07:32 - May 28 with 790 viewsjeffranger

Going back to 59/60’s i think I paid about 1 shilling & 3 pence or less, also bag of chips wrapped in newspaper, good old days
I was just doing the on 13:44 - May 28 with 722 viewsBoston

I was just doing the on 01:23 - May 28 by PlanetHonneywood

Crickey that brings back memories!

The thing I remember most about this, was that you’d sit on your dad’s lap and then five minutes in, it was musical chairs as people moved around to find two seats together.

I had cousins who lived on the White City Estate, whose MO was a little sneakier. As little ones, they could squeeze in under a gate at the School End in the early-, mid-70s. Apparently there was a little flock of them who’d practice this, even popping home at half-time for a drink.

And I believe they weren’t telling you porkies. Don’t know about nipping out at half time but a number of urchins in the School End used to bunk in.

I was just doing the on 14:03 - May 28 with 693 viewsqueensparker

When I first starting going with my mates instead of my Dad it was £1.50 for schoolkids to stand in The Loft / Paddock (mid / late 80s).

We managed to pay the schoolboy price for quite some time after that despite being grown men - then, as now, the people at the gates didn't give a f--k.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024