Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a pity 09:23 - May 22 with 5838 viewskingo

Our good friend Peter Gilham on behalf of Brentford, threw his support behind SWF and congratulated them on keeping QPR out of Hounslow, only for us to announce the new training ground is at Heston, in guess where? Love it.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

What a pity on 12:27 - May 23 with 1675 viewskingo

What a pity on 12:07 - May 23 by SonofNorfolt

Many of us would watch Brentford now and then when Rangers weren't playing.
I checked on the big games I went to.

Freight Rover Final '85 v Wigan @Wembley
Football League Trophy '91 v Birmingham @Griffin Park
Play Off Sf '91 v Tranmere @Prenton Park
Relegation Match '93 v Bristol City @Ashton Gate
Play Off Final '97 v Crewe @Wembley (Danny Murphy ran the match)
Play Off Final '02 v Stoke @Millenium

Do you know what? They lost the lot.

I think I went to a fair few of them with Fish, but Gilham has made their fan base very bitter. Doubt I would go again even with my mate.

What a pity on 12:40 - May 23 with 1647 viewsrsonist

What a pity on 20:28 - May 22 by Dorse

Every time I hear about this guy, I just imagine him sitting alone in the corner of a flat-roofed pub during the day, muttering angrily whilst clutching a half of mild.

You say that as if we all wouldn't sell our souls to be doing exactly that right now.
What a pity on 14:28 - May 23 with 1576 viewsDorse

What a pity on 12:40 - May 23 by rsonist

You say that as if we all wouldn't sell our souls to be doing exactly that right now.

'... Our souls...'

(Childish sniggering)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What a pity on 16:59 - May 23 with 1531 viewsstowmarketrange

I only ever went their once when it wasn’t to see qpr play,and that was when they played Exeter and Gerry Francis was playing for the Devon boys at the time.And that was only because I got a free ticket from s mate who used to work for the SFA.
I think it ended up 4-0 to Brentford and I was bored after about 5 mins.
What a pity on 17:13 - May 23 with 1496 viewsBoston

Kew, Kew, Barney Mcgrew...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What a pity on 17:14 - May 23 with 1498 viewsEsox_Lucius

Start a gofundme to buy a Bees S/t.

The grass is always greener.

What a pity on 17:27 - May 23 with 1473 viewsJuzzie

“Our good friend Peter Gilham on behalf of Brentford, threw his support behind SWF and congratulated them on keeping QPR out of Hounslow....”

So he’s only interested in us being thwarted and not what’s best for WF? Really is a bitter person.

Like many others I don’t particularly like Chelsea for so many reasons but have not let it consume me.

He reminds me of this;

[Post edited 23 May 2020 17:27]
What a pity on 15:25 - May 24 with 1326 viewsNewBee

What a pity on 17:10 - May 22 by kingo

To be honest, it is not about hating Brentford. It is to do with Gilham’s hatred of us, and his constant petty posts and actions, that have left him with egg on his face. As they say, he who laughs last, laughs loudest.

Kingo: "As they say, he who laughs last, laughs loudest."

If you look at the current state of our two respective clubs - playing squad, league position, ownership, balance sheet, stadium etc - I'd guess Peter's been doing a lot more laughing than you this last while.
Login to get fewer ads

What a pity on 15:32 - May 24 with 1316 viewsJuzzie

What a pity on 15:25 - May 24 by NewBee

If you look at the current state of our two respective clubs - playing squad, league position, ownership, balance sheet, stadium etc - I'd guess Peter's been doing a lot more laughing than you this last while.

Peter should just focus on his own club. His obsession over us is just weird.
What a pity on 17:19 - May 24 with 1249 viewsNewBee

What a pity on 15:32 - May 24 by Juzzie

Peter should just focus on his own club. His obsession over us is just weird.

I can assure you, Peter's focus is on BFC, for near enough his every waking minute. Remember, he's getting to do what most of us only dream of i.e. working for the club he loves.

It's just that sometimes he also likes to find a moment during his day to take the piss out of the neighbours - that's what football fans do, after all.

So if you really wanted to get your own back, you wouldn't let him get to you, you'd just ignore him. But if this and other threads are anything to go by, at least some of you are as "obsessed" by him as he is with QPR.
What a pity on 17:20 - May 24 with 1248 viewsdanehoop

Wow, but the discomfort it must have caused him, given the largely total indifference felt to him by QPR must really hurt. Until today I had no idea who he was, in an hour I wont remember.

Never knowingly understood

What a pity on 17:29 - May 24 with 1233 views2Thomas2Bowles

What a pity on 17:20 - May 24 by danehoop

Wow, but the discomfort it must have caused him, given the largely total indifference felt to him by QPR must really hurt. Until today I had no idea who he was, in an hour I wont remember.

This thread is the first I've heard of him... what's his name again...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What a pity on 17:43 - May 24 with 1214 viewsNewBee

What a pity on 17:29 - May 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This thread is the first I've heard of him... what's his name again...

Don't ask me, ask the QPR fan who opened this thread.
Or the others who replied to it.
Or any of those who have referred to him numerous times elsewhere on this forum.

If I know Peter, and he ever gets round to logging on to this forum (highly unlikely), he'll be quietly enjoying the way people keep adding to his profile here.

Including people like you...

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” - Oscar Wilde
[Post edited 24 May 2020 17:45]
What a pity on 17:46 - May 24 with 1200 views2Thomas2Bowles

What a pity on 17:43 - May 24 by NewBee

Don't ask me, ask the QPR fan who opened this thread.
Or the others who replied to it.
Or any of those who have referred to him numerous times elsewhere on this forum.

If I know Peter, and he ever gets round to logging on to this forum (highly unlikely), he'll be quietly enjoying the way people keep adding to his profile here.

Including people like you...

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” - Oscar Wilde
[Post edited 24 May 2020 17:45]

Why are you here again?
And who the feck is Peter
[Post edited 24 May 2020 17:48]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What a pity on 20:09 - May 24 with 1138 viewsBoston

What a pity on 17:46 - May 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Why are you here again?
And who the feck is Peter
[Post edited 24 May 2020 17:48]

Peter..who the fvck is Alliss?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What a pity on 20:47 - May 24 with 1111 viewskingo

If you bothered to read what the thread was about, then you would have realised it was about his delight at keeping QPR out of Hounslow. So the comment was about that failing, so I will laugh about that. And while I am at it about most of the last 50 years. So toddle on now old chap and bask in your new found glory. RTID

What a pity on 22:22 - May 24 with 1044 viewsLblock

Just imagine how many lemons he’s sucked being in our shadow for 50 years

Having sort of met him twice I can confirm he is one boring tvvat

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What a pity on 22:30 - May 24 with 1028 viewstonyQPR

He who laughs last doesn’t understand the joke 😉
What a pity on 11:29 - May 25 with 904 viewsessextaxiboy

What a pity on 17:19 - May 24 by NewBee

I can assure you, Peter's focus is on BFC, for near enough his every waking minute. Remember, he's getting to do what most of us only dream of i.e. working for the club he loves.

It's just that sometimes he also likes to find a moment during his day to take the piss out of the neighbours - that's what football fans do, after all.

So if you really wanted to get your own back, you wouldn't let him get to you, you'd just ignore him. But if this and other threads are anything to go by, at least some of you are as "obsessed" by him as he is with QPR.

Hardly "obsessed" , we are 3 months into a worldwide pandemic and this thread was started the day before one on our favourite manhole covers.
What a pity on 14:08 - May 25 with 840 viewsParkRoyalR

What a pity on 11:29 - May 25 by essextaxiboy

Hardly "obsessed" , we are 3 months into a worldwide pandemic and this thread was started the day before one on our favourite manhole covers.

In fairness to Gilham and Billy the Bellend - they are at least one club men,

Both seem to crave attention, but at least the latter does n't seem to want to re-write history and play the 'if it was n't for me' there would be no Brentford line, which the New Bees are so keen to believe to fabricate a non-existent rivalry with us, Fulham etc

Each to their own but Gilham seems a perfect fit for Brentford, fairly sure our fan base wouldn't have indulged such a sycophant
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024