Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who were/are your favourite comedians. 15:08 - May 22 with 4353 viewsqpr_1968

just watched a micky Flanagan tape, well halfway through, stopped it, threw it in the bin.
didn't even smile, let alone laugh once.

plenty of good comedians to name but...

bob monkhouse, clever comedian
tommy cooper, just looked and laughed
Bernard manning, very undiverse, but fitted in with the times, especially when you had people such as Charlie Williams and Kenny lynch laughing at him.

was going to include comedy series, but just too many over the years.
oh ok then

Fawlty towers
only fools and horses.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:24 - May 22 with 856 viewsqprxtc

Donald Sutherland
Michael J Fox
Neil Young
William Shatner
Michael Ironside

Oot and aboot, eh!
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:36 - May 22 with 844 viewsSonofNorfolt

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:24 - May 22 by qprxtc

Donald Sutherland
Michael J Fox
Neil Young
William Shatner
Michael Ironside

Oot and aboot, eh!

You could have put Rush in there.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:43 - May 22 with 831 viewsDannyPaddox

The very much underrated and misunderstood Joey Barton.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:43 - May 22 with 831 viewsBoston

James Acaster is funny, even when he’s not trying to be.

Big Yin was brilliant once but lost it for me when he ran out of Glaswegian material and every second word in his routine became an F. Saw him live many times but always remember a show in New Jersey back in the mid-eighties. Packed theatre, heavy Scottish presence and out he walks to thunderous applause. Of course he’s adapted his show for the American circuit and five mins into the routine a strong Glasgow accent roars out, “Billy, do ya have something wrong wi yer mooth?”

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:45 - May 22 with 820 viewsPunteR

If you can understand scouse then Paul Smith is funny.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:50 - May 22 with 815 viewsqpr_1968

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:43 - May 22 by Boston

James Acaster is funny, even when he’s not trying to be.

Big Yin was brilliant once but lost it for me when he ran out of Glaswegian material and every second word in his routine became an F. Saw him live many times but always remember a show in New Jersey back in the mid-eighties. Packed theatre, heavy Scottish presence and out he walks to thunderous applause. Of course he’s adapted his show for the American circuit and five mins into the routine a strong Glasgow accent roars out, “Billy, do ya have something wrong wi yer mooth?”

That's what does it for me as well, when a comedian has to resort to swearing and smut when they are not getting any more laughs.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:00 - May 22 with 799 viewsstevec

Saw Bill Bailey at G live a couple of years back, absolutely brilliant.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:04 - May 22 with 790 viewsHayesender

Rhod Gilbert and Mickey Flanagan are very funny stand up imo.

My favourites are Laurel and Hardy. Brilliant innocent comedy

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:13 - May 22 with 770 viewsMickS_

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:29 - May 22 with 742 viewsHamptonR

Billy Connelly and Micky Flanagan are brilliant but for joke telling Mick Miller was/is fantastic.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:44 - May 22 with 722 viewsKonk

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 18:24 - May 22 by qprxtc

Donald Sutherland
Michael J Fox
Neil Young
William Shatner
Michael Ironside

Oot and aboot, eh!

This made me chuckle. Thank you.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:55 - May 22 with 702 viewsKonk

Daniel Kitson is a genius.
Stewart Lee is a very funny, very clever bloke.
I love everything Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer have done. Bob Mortimer is the only person I would consider kidnapping until they became my friend.
Mighty Boosh made me laugh a lot.
Alan Partridge - genius
Day Today/Nathan Barley - Chris Morris is an absolute star
Billy Connolly/Frankie Boyle/Kevin Bridges - I think I must just find weegie's delivery funny. Seen Connolly a few times and they were great shows.
Peter Kay - loved Phoenix Nights, but he comes across as a bit of a co ck. The fact that Kitson and Lee both hate him sort of confirms my worst fears.
Monty Python - just very, very silly and funny.
James Acaster - makes me chuckle.
Eddie Murphy - Raw - everyone had school used to share this video around. Not seen it in 30+ years, but made us all crack-up back then.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:11 - May 22 with 676 viewsPhildo

Peter Cook and Richard Prior worthy additions to the hall of fame above
[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:12]
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:13 - May 22 with 671 viewsMonahoop

Bill Bailey
Billy Connolly
Peter Kay
Ross Noble
Dave Allan
Alexie Sayle
Tommy Cooper
Spike Milligan

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:18 - May 22 with 669 viewsA40Bosh

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:00 - May 22 by stevec

Saw Bill Bailey at G live a couple of years back, absolutely brilliant.

Yes, BB too. One of my favourites of his is the West London Accent sketch.
Just hits the spot but seems to have disappeared from You Tube

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:21 - May 22 with 661 viewsMickS_

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:11 - May 22 by Phildo

Peter Cook and Richard Prior worthy additions to the hall of fame above
[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:12]

Just been watching Richard Prior - talented and a very funny bloke. Couldn’t find the sketch about the burglar and the knife.

Help!
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:29 - May 22 with 642 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 19:55 - May 22 by Konk

Daniel Kitson is a genius.
Stewart Lee is a very funny, very clever bloke.
I love everything Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer have done. Bob Mortimer is the only person I would consider kidnapping until they became my friend.
Mighty Boosh made me laugh a lot.
Alan Partridge - genius
Day Today/Nathan Barley - Chris Morris is an absolute star
Billy Connolly/Frankie Boyle/Kevin Bridges - I think I must just find weegie's delivery funny. Seen Connolly a few times and they were great shows.
Peter Kay - loved Phoenix Nights, but he comes across as a bit of a co ck. The fact that Kitson and Lee both hate him sort of confirms my worst fears.
Monty Python - just very, very silly and funny.
James Acaster - makes me chuckle.
Eddie Murphy - Raw - everyone had school used to share this video around. Not seen it in 30+ years, but made us all crack-up back then.

Have you seen his (BM) Train Guy stuff on Twitter? Any London commuter can relate. Based a whole character on a annoying bloke he heard on a train journey.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:33]
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:36 - May 22 with 634 viewsKonk

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:29 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have you seen his (BM) Train Guy stuff on Twitter? Any London commuter can relate. Based a whole character on a annoying bloke he heard on a train journey.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:33]

Yeah, very good. Matt Berry (ooh, yeah, forgot Garth Marenghi's Darkplace) is great on those threads too. There's an episode of his fishing programme with Paul Whitehouse (oh, I forgot the Fast show), where he's chatting with an old fella from Yorkshire with terminal cancer, and discussing doing things that take you away from your troubles; he mentions his own struggle with depression as a young man - moved me to tears, but also made me feel incredibly happy, and I just wanted to give him a hug.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:41 - May 22 with 618 viewsMickS_

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:42 - May 22 with 615 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not my favourite, I can't really pick one, but I am always entertained by Tom Allen, especially where he is teamed up with Rob Beckett.

The grass is always greener.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:42 - May 22 with 610 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:36 - May 22 by Konk

Yeah, very good. Matt Berry (ooh, yeah, forgot Garth Marenghi's Darkplace) is great on those threads too. There's an episode of his fishing programme with Paul Whitehouse (oh, I forgot the Fast show), where he's chatting with an old fella from Yorkshire with terminal cancer, and discussing doing things that take you away from your troubles; he mentions his own struggle with depression as a young man - moved me to tears, but also made me feel incredibly happy, and I just wanted to give him a hug.

Sounds cheery!

Paul Whitehouse another genius with great range. As Hilarious in Death of Stalin as he was in the Fast Show.
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:44 - May 22 with 610 viewsKonk

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:41 - May 22 by MickS_

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Father Ted too. Very, very funny. Lovely, warm and funny.

Who were/are your favourite comedians. (n/t) on 20:47 - May 22 with 603 viewsMickS_

Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:44 - May 22 by Konk

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Father Ted too. Very, very funny. Lovely, warm and funny.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:49]
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:51 - May 22 with 593 viewsMickS_

Have some of this then.

I may have had one or two Aperol long ones, but I think this may be the funniest thing I’ve seen on the box. Fell off the sofa.

[Post edited 22 May 2020 20:54]
Who were/are your favourite comedians. on 20:54 - May 22 with 580 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Thought the Detectorists / This Country were both brilliantly mild comedies that I think could take off as a genre.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024