Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boozers 16:04 - Jun 29 with 9308 viewscolinallcars

Pubs allowed to reopen July 4th, what plans have we all ? It seems none of my favourite pubs are due to reopen any time soon.
I had an email from Fullers with a list of pubs due to open, mostly large ones obviously.
We are all used to queueing outside shops but of course the queue moves quickly. Will people be queueing outside pubs at opening time ? Most people spend an hour or two in a pub, so we could be outside for ages.😦
Boozers on 18:36 - Jul 1 with 2182 viewscolinallcars

Showers forecast for Saturday, so that may put the tin lid on beer gardens opening.
Boozers on 21:15 - Jul 1 with 2071 viewsHayesender

It all sounds like a massive pain in the arse, but if the Coningham is open this Saturday, and if I can just stroll in for a couple after work, then I will, purley to support my local.

The Askew isn't opening till Monday, and when I walked past the Adelaide earlier it was still boarded up, which doesn't bode well

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Boozers on 21:21 - Jul 1 with 2061 viewsOldPedro

My local cricket club in Yorkshire are planning on using the whole cricket pitch as a giant beer garden - weather permitting! It's only a 10 minute walk away, so will have a walk up for a beer mainly to support the club as they depend on the money they take at the bar to run the club.

Not planning on staying long especially if it's very busy

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Boozers on 22:38 - Jul 1 with 2019 viewsBoston

Boozers on 18:36 - Jul 1 by colinallcars

Showers forecast for Saturday, so that may put the tin lid on beer gardens opening.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boozers on 20:49 - Jul 4 with 1883 viewsMiss_Terraces

Still waiting for just backs from the pub. Anybody been?🍻

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Boozers on 22:54 - Jul 4 with 1784 viewsHadders

I joined friends in a bar in Crouch End this evening (Kiss the Sky, a sort of cocktail bar, not a proper pub) and was a bit shocked by how rammed it was. Anyone could go in and the only gesture towards social distancing was at the bar, where you had to queue and the bar staff wore masks. I feel a bit guilty about going to be honest and If there's a second wave in Crouch End, I won't be remotely surprised.
Boozers on 23:05 - Jul 4 with 1780 viewsMaggsinho

Boozers on 22:54 - Jul 4 by Hadders

I joined friends in a bar in Crouch End this evening (Kiss the Sky, a sort of cocktail bar, not a proper pub) and was a bit shocked by how rammed it was. Anyone could go in and the only gesture towards social distancing was at the bar, where you had to queue and the bar staff wore masks. I feel a bit guilty about going to be honest and If there's a second wave in Crouch End, I won't be remotely surprised.

I drove past Kiss The Sky at about 4:30 this afternoon and was surprised by how busy it was then so can imagine it being even busier this evening.
Boozers on 01:21 - Jul 5 with 1700 viewshamptonhillhoop

Boozers on 23:05 - Jul 4 by Maggsinho

I drove past Kiss The Sky at about 4:30 this afternoon and was surprised by how busy it was then so can imagine it being even busier this evening.

Went to a pub in the high street in Hampton today. Had to book a slot, had 4.30-7.30. Very civilised. Not crowded, table service only and was near the front with all windows open so lots of fresh air. All quite pleasant
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 1:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Boozers on 01:40 - Jul 5 with 1685 viewsBoston

All this nonsense for a drink. There’s Danny P with six bottles of fortified wine sitting under Putney Bridge, happy as a sand boy...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boozers on 06:10 - Jul 5 with 1660 viewsOutWestR

Boozers on 01:21 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

Went to a pub in the high street in Hampton today. Had to book a slot, had 4.30-7.30. Very civilised. Not crowded, table service only and was near the front with all windows open so lots of fresh air. All quite pleasant
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 1:21]

Hampton or Hampton Hill? Just trying to work out where you mean. Back in Hampton this weekend for the first time in ages and it seemed fairly quiet yesterday.
Boozers on 07:08 - Jul 5 with 1631 viewsLblock

Boozers on 01:40 - Jul 5 by Boston

All this nonsense for a drink. There’s Danny P with six bottles of fortified wine sitting under Putney Bridge, happy as a sand boy...

The ultra PC brigade will be along to berate your descriptive noun soon and tear down any statue of you there may be.

Good luck

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Boozers on 07:14 - Jul 5 with 1626 viewsLblock

The MSM absolute clowns again on this one

Sky had “as it happens” coverage last night from around the UK and it was so obvious they were gagging for large scale disorder to report on.
So glad that they and the rest of the outlets appear to have egg on their chins this morning
I’d bet across the country incidents were hugely down for an average Saturday night.

I’m not hugely in favour of the reopening and can’t get my head around how you can be in a battlecruiser with 100 strangers but you can’t have a wedding reception where all attendees would be known and trackable. I’ll be giving it a good few weeks to see how it goes before I’m in the rub a dub

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Boozers on 08:32 - Jul 5 with 1577 viewshamptonhillhoop

Boozers on 06:10 - Jul 5 by OutWestR

Hampton or Hampton Hill? Just trying to work out where you mean. Back in Hampton this weekend for the first time in ages and it seemed fairly quiet yesterday.

i went to the Beech House, Hampton Hill
Boozers on 09:57 - Jul 5 with 1449 viewsBlackCrowe

Had a couple of pints in the White Swan Twickenham late afternoon yesterday. Didn't go into the pub as that was bookings-only but drinks also served from the cellar hatch (short queues), and everyone guzzling on the pavement overlooking the river. Distanced, civilised, big smiles and glorious.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Boozers on 10:17 - Jul 5 with 1418 viewsDannyPaddox

Boozers on 01:40 - Jul 5 by Boston

After saying I wouldn’t go any where near pubs or bars this weekend I got a call almost immediately after finishing a four mile run Saturday so not long after midday there I was (still in my running gear) in a Portobello Road gin-joint drinking something called Stiff Lip IPA. Have to say it was special to drink a cold pint out of a glass in a licensed establishment amongst the company of friends. Will be back by the River today though drowning my football sorrows like kittens in a bucket of Leffe Bruin (currently on special offer at Lidl)
Boozers on 11:00 - Jul 5 with 1375 viewsOutWestR

Boozers on 08:32 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

Had to look that up, last time I went there it was called Cafe Society, or something equally unimaginative.
Boozers on 11:23 - Jul 5 with 1363 viewsTacticalR

Boozers on 07:14 - Jul 5 by Lblock

The MSM absolute clowns again on this one

Sky had “as it happens” coverage last night from around the UK and it was so obvious they were gagging for large scale disorder to report on.
So glad that they and the rest of the outlets appear to have egg on their chins this morning
I’d bet across the country incidents were hugely down for an average Saturday night.

I’m not hugely in favour of the reopening and can’t get my head around how you can be in a battlecruiser with 100 strangers but you can’t have a wedding reception where all attendees would be known and trackable. I’ll be giving it a good few weeks to see how it goes before I’m in the rub a dub

I would say that that (madness of the proles) has been a feature of the reporting from the beginning (stockpiling, crowded parks etc.).

Most of the press supports The Party, and if everything is the fault of the proles then it can't be the fault of The Party.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2020 13:02]

Air hostess clique

Boozers on 12:12 - Jul 5 with 1310 viewshamptonhillhoop

Boozers on 11:00 - Jul 5 by OutWestR

Had to look that up, last time I went there it was called Cafe Society, or something equally unimaginative.

it's quite a dull generic middle class pub restaurant, but was very popular before lockdown which surprised me as others at that site have failed. I think Hampton is generally poor for pubs. I've been here 19 years and still don't really have a local
Boozers on 12:30 - Jul 5 with 1298 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm looking forward already to my breakfast in the 'Knights Templar' on Friday.
We walked past on friday slightly whimsical for our large breakfasts we missed out on by a day.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Boozers on 14:01 - Jul 5 with 1252 viewsqpr_1968

Boozers on 08:32 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

been parking near the beech house during the lock down, get a coffee out of bentons, to be fair bentons has been open during the whole of lock down for take aways.

out of interest have the prices been put up.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Boozers on 14:15 - Jul 5 with 1245 viewshamptonhillhoop

Boozers on 14:01 - Jul 5 by qpr_1968

been parking near the beech house during the lock down, get a coffee out of bentons, to be fair bentons has been open during the whole of lock down for take aways.

out of interest have the prices been put up.

Didn't seem to have put the prices up. Five rounds of four drinks, cost just short of £100 at the end
Boozers on 14:27 - Jul 5 with 1227 viewsDevon_4_England

Boozers on 12:12 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

it's quite a dull generic middle class pub restaurant, but was very popular before lockdown which surprised me as others at that site have failed. I think Hampton is generally poor for pubs. I've been here 19 years and still don't really have a local

Roebuck is decent
Boozers on 14:53 - Jul 5 with 1202 viewshamptonhillhoop

Boozers on 14:27 - Jul 5 by Devon_4_England

Roebuck is decent

It is, I use it quite often, but it is the archetypal old man's pub. More than once I've thought people sitting at the bar have actually croaked it
Boozers on 13:36 - Jul 6 with 1076 viewsDevon_4_England

Boozers on 14:53 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

It is, I use it quite often, but it is the archetypal old man's pub. More than once I've thought people sitting at the bar have actually croaked it

Not as bad as the Star !
Boozers on 14:57 - Jul 6 with 1014 viewscolinallcars

Boozers on 14:53 - Jul 5 by hamptonhillhoop

There's a tiny little pub in that vicinity almost down to the river near Garrick Lawn. It's called the Jolly Coopers. I've been past it loads of times but never went in. Any idea what it's like and if it's open ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024