Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
relegation 09:19 - Jul 26 with 8772 viewsLowerloftLad

so with the final day today who would you like to see in the championship

Bournemouth- is one of my favourite away days especially if we get good weather

villa- would at least bring in a big home attendance

Watford- well that would just be our fa cup final obviously

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

relegation on 14:41 - Jul 27 with 1054 viewsBAWHoops

I'm glad Villa stayed up. It's boring down here when we have a 'big' club.

No Leeds, Villa or Newcastle clogging up every Championship report.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

relegation on 17:15 - Jul 27 with 979 viewsPinnerPaul

relegation on 18:12 - Jul 26 by ManinBlack

Alas as expected after they were safe, West Ham on the beach today and they could not be bothered. Still have to blame Arsenal for their part in this in their last two games.

Same boring clubs in the Champions league and Wolves missed out on the Europa league to Spurs. Same script every season.

Not quite - Wolves in EL if Arsenal win the FA Cup and they can still qualify for the CL by winning the EL.

Not sure Sheffield United finishing where they did was predictable, nor was Leicester spending (nearly) all season in the top 4!
relegation on 17:19 - Jul 27 with 969 viewsPinnerPaul

relegation on 21:00 - Jul 26 by Juzzie

I was thinking the same. They’ve had the ‘plucky Bournemouth’ tag for years but they did just the same as us to get promoted and got fined for it (which is never mentioned). They just made a better job of staying in the PL longer than we could manage.

Indeed and have a look at how much they spent this season!

Edit - just looked it up, they have a spent a NET £177M in the last 5 seasons - wow!

Owned by a Russian billionaire and don't raise the money by hiring out deckchairs as the media would have you believe!
relegation on 17:21 - Jul 27 with 964 viewsPinnerPaul

relegation on 17:58 - Jul 26 by BrianWilliamsBeard

Villa stay up because the Sheffield United goal wasn't given.

That WAS a shocking decision but to blame ONE decision, in ONE match is a little simplistic, if you're a Bournemouth or Watford fan.
relegation on 17:27 - Jul 27 with 953 viewsdaveB

relegation on 17:21 - Jul 27 by PinnerPaul

That WAS a shocking decision but to blame ONE decision, in ONE match is a little simplistic, if you're a Bournemouth or Watford fan.

It is simplistic but also true, that point kept Villa up
relegation on 17:52 - Jul 27 with 922 viewsManinBlack

relegation on 17:15 - Jul 27 by PinnerPaul

Not quite - Wolves in EL if Arsenal win the FA Cup and they can still qualify for the CL by winning the EL.

Not sure Sheffield United finishing where they did was predictable, nor was Leicester spending (nearly) all season in the top 4!

Yes but what I said was the same boring clubs qualified for the champions league in the end irrespective of where Leicester were most of the time. United clawed back 12 points on Leicester so in the end having the better squad made the difference when Leicester picked up injuries. The wealthiest clubs have the best players.

Unfortunately I think if you want Wolves to qualify for the Europa league then you will have to hope Chelsea win the Cup final not Arsenal as the Gunners will qualify instead should they win.
relegation on 17:56 - Jul 27 with 910 viewsfrancisbowles

I believe Wolves are still in the Europa League. If they win that then Champions League awaits. Don't think they will get a close season though.
relegation on 14:57 - Jul 28 with 807 viewsPinnerPaul

relegation on 17:27 - Jul 27 by daveB

It is simplistic but also true, that point kept Villa up

Don't often disagree Dave but I do here.

As I said on another thread what about all the games involving the 3 teams where other 'wrong' decisions have been made, both for and against?

Also it wasn't the last kick of the game so you can't say what the score would have been even if the goal had been awarded.

Any half decent lawyer would drive a coach and horses though any legal action taken by Watford and/or Bournemouth.
Login to get fewer ads

relegation on 14:58 - Jul 28 with 798 viewsPinnerPaul

relegation on 17:52 - Jul 27 by ManinBlack

Yes but what I said was the same boring clubs qualified for the champions league in the end irrespective of where Leicester were most of the time. United clawed back 12 points on Leicester so in the end having the better squad made the difference when Leicester picked up injuries. The wealthiest clubs have the best players.

Unfortunately I think if you want Wolves to qualify for the Europa league then you will have to hope Chelsea win the Cup final not Arsenal as the Gunners will qualify instead should they win.

Apologies about Arse/them mix up, was quoting a BBC commentator - should have known better.

Couldn't care less if Wolves get there or not tbh!
relegation on 14:59 - Jul 28 with 791 viewsPinnerPaul

relegation on 17:56 - Jul 27 by francisbowles

I believe Wolves are still in the Europa League. If they win that then Champions League awaits. Don't think they will get a close season though.

Said on MOTD that they have been playing for over a year now and more EL games still to come.

Don't hear/see THEIR CEO moaning though!
relegation on 15:21 - Jul 28 with 732 viewsPinnerPaul

Final point for me - at least Watford owners have admitted 'mistakes' - not much else they could do, I know, but still more dignified than Bournemouth's approach IMHO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024