Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ST Renewal Window 10:17 - Jul 31 with 1858 viewseastside_r

Last I heard from the club today was the extension deadline.

I normally renew early in the window but have held off for obvious reasons.

Is there any update on this as I don't want to lose my seat, the box office phone-line still has their out-of-office message. Nothing obvious on the web-site as far as I can see.

(Sorry, if a spack - can't see another thread.)
ST Renewal Window on 10:20 - Jul 31 with 1854 viewsNorthernr

Last they said was that it was indefinitely extended with info to come.
ST Renewal Window on 11:43 - Jul 31 with 1754 viewsdaveB

i tried to renew mine and my sons but can't do it online so waiting for the box office to open again and will do it in person
ST Renewal Window on 12:56 - Jul 31 with 1640 viewseastside_r

Thanks Clive. I vaguely remembered that but could not find anything official. ( I saw the date today and panicked a bit.)

Dave - yeah that was going to be my follow-up. Has anyone actually renewed since lockdown?
ST Renewal Window on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 1599 viewsPhildo

Given they are apparently now going to stop the trials with some supporters they have had at cricket etc what happens to all those carefully prepared budgets now? No income from ST renewals etc. Will there be enough clubs left to play at this rate?
ST Renewal Window on 14:19 - Jul 31 with 1516 viewsPinnerPaul

ST Renewal Window on 13:12 - Jul 31 by Phildo

Given they are apparently now going to stop the trials with some supporters they have had at cricket etc what happens to all those carefully prepared budgets now? No income from ST renewals etc. Will there be enough clubs left to play at this rate?

Yes the October target is presumably put back now, so may not be until Nov before we can go back to LR/KPFS
ST Renewal Window on 14:23 - Jul 31 with 1506 viewsNorthernr

ST Renewal Window on 14:19 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Yes the October target is presumably put back now, so may not be until Nov before we can go back to LR/KPFS

I’ll be amazed, now, if we’re back in there in 2020, if at all this season.
ST Renewal Window on 14:28 - Jul 31 with 1495 viewsMistication92

I don't see how clubs below the PL can survive, playing games without crowds. I get the need to finish last season, but is there any point in starting a new one, from a financial or social POV, without fans? Seems utterly pointless IMO.
ST Renewal Window on 14:30 - Jul 31 with 1488 viewsdaveB

ST Renewal Window on 14:23 - Jul 31 by Northernr

I’ll be amazed, now, if we’re back in there in 2020, if at all this season.

just spent lunch in the pub for the first time since I went to preston in March with most of it planning away days with my misses who agreed to drive to them all to avoid the trains and then come home to see Boris has shit all over that.

Still going to renew my ST even if i can't go, although that might be the 4 Peronis talking, hopefully if we can't go then the EFL clubs can continue to sell streams to games and get revenue that way
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 14:31]
Login to get fewer ads

ST Renewal Window on 14:46 - Jul 31 with 1449 viewsflynnbo

ST Renewal Window on 12:56 - Jul 31 by eastside_r

Thanks Clive. I vaguely remembered that but could not find anything official. ( I saw the date today and panicked a bit.)

Dave - yeah that was going to be my follow-up. Has anyone actually renewed since lockdown?

I have (said in a Trigger kind of way!).
ST Renewal Window on 15:59 - Jul 31 with 1352 viewsterryb

ST Renewal Window on 12:56 - Jul 31 by eastside_r

I renewed in May because i could afford to & the club needed the cashflow. Not that it amounted to much as I'm a senior! Many others can't afford to do this & I certainly hope that they will not miss out on discounted prices.

I fully expect to be offered a refund for matches that we will not be allowed to attend.
ST Renewal Window on 16:06 - Jul 31 with 1334 viewsNorthernr

ST Renewal Window on 14:30 - Jul 31 by daveB

just spent lunch in the pub for the first time since I went to preston in March with most of it planning away days with my misses who agreed to drive to them all to avoid the trains and then come home to see Boris has shit all over that.

Still going to renew my ST even if i can't go, although that might be the 4 Peronis talking, hopefully if we can't go then the EFL clubs can continue to sell streams to games and get revenue that way
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 14:31]

I've seen through a friend of a friend Millwall's plan for a reopening, how it would work at 20% capacity, no away fans etc. Literally nothing they're planning to do works at Loftus Road.
ST Renewal Window on 16:06 - Jul 31 with 1333 viewsNorthLondonR

Encouraged by this 'fred' I logged in to the season ticket but and turns out I've auto-renewed. Didn't realise that was a thing but a subsequent email to the club has revealed that it is indeed a thing.. i spose I can now wallow in the glory of contributing to a proportion of Esteban Granero's transfer fee or some such
ST Renewal Window on 16:29 - Jul 31 with 1292 viewsfrancisbowles

ST Renewal Window on 16:06 - Jul 31 by NorthLondonR

Encouraged by this 'fred' I logged in to the season ticket but and turns out I've auto-renewed. Didn't realise that was a thing but a subsequent email to the club has revealed that it is indeed a thing.. i spose I can now wallow in the glory of contributing to a proportion of Esteban Granero's transfer fee or some such

If you are on direct debit, unless you cancel, then you keep on renewing. However, they haven't taken any payments for next season, yet.
ST Renewal Window on 16:43 - Jul 31 with 1266 viewsstevec

And what has happened regards Championship wage cap?

Considering that EFL clubs must be on the brink of disaster, how can they still take season ticket money while there is a significant chance clubs could go under and be unable to refund. If grounds can’t be fully opened then a new season should not begin until a wage cap is in place.

The only thing that seems being discussed is whether Wigan should get a reprieve for going skint. It’s a madhouse.
ST Renewal Window on 16:44 - Jul 31 with 1263 viewsdaveB

ST Renewal Window on 16:06 - Jul 31 by Northernr

I've seen through a friend of a friend Millwall's plan for a reopening, how it would work at 20% capacity, no away fans etc. Literally nothing they're planning to do works at Loftus Road.

could they not use Lower Loft and Ellerslie, basically enter through gates, rather than turnstiles, it's not that difficult to get into Paddocks and lower school end that way either and have SA Road shut so fans are spread out. Could police it with a queue along the road with ticket checks and ask people to come at certain times to stagger things out

I guess if the away team continue to use lower loft bar as a changing room that would be out of the equation anyway
ST Renewal Window on 16:54 - Jul 31 with 1234 viewsNorthernr

ST Renewal Window on 16:44 - Jul 31 by daveB

could they not use Lower Loft and Ellerslie, basically enter through gates, rather than turnstiles, it's not that difficult to get into Paddocks and lower school end that way either and have SA Road shut so fans are spread out. Could police it with a queue along the road with ticket checks and ask people to come at certain times to stagger things out

I guess if the away team continue to use lower loft bar as a changing room that would be out of the equation anyway

A lot of the problems are the size of the concourses/mingling areas. Millwall are planning 20/25% capacity, no away fans, tickets checked at the little railway bridge arch, then once you're in you mingle in the car park, enter the ground through the huge gates in each corner, and pick seats which are paired off in twos with four spare seats in every direction. If we're being really honest, absolutely none of that works at LR.

And this was to gov guidance a fortnight ago, statements today suggest it's only got worse since.
ST Renewal Window on 16:59 - Jul 31 with 1221 viewsdaveB

ST Renewal Window on 16:54 - Jul 31 by Northernr

A lot of the problems are the size of the concourses/mingling areas. Millwall are planning 20/25% capacity, no away fans, tickets checked at the little railway bridge arch, then once you're in you mingle in the car park, enter the ground through the huge gates in each corner, and pick seats which are paired off in twos with four spare seats in every direction. If we're being really honest, absolutely none of that works at LR.

And this was to gov guidance a fortnight ago, statements today suggest it's only got worse since.

I'm assuming all the food and drink stands in the ground would be shut anyway. Al of it relies on people not taking the piss with it, big problem they will have in whatever they do is that people will ignore it, see it every day with these masks in shops you'd think they were being asked to fist themselves rather than cover their mouth and nose

I wonder if pubs around the Bush will be able to show games so people can watch then together, I know a few people who watched out last few games in a pub i won't name as not sure how legal it is. Seemed to be loads of Brentford and Fulham fans watching the games the other night in the pubs
ST Renewal Window on 17:05 - Jul 31 with 1205 viewsNorthernr

ST Renewal Window on 16:59 - Jul 31 by daveB

I'm assuming all the food and drink stands in the ground would be shut anyway. Al of it relies on people not taking the piss with it, big problem they will have in whatever they do is that people will ignore it, see it every day with these masks in shops you'd think they were being asked to fist themselves rather than cover their mouth and nose

I wonder if pubs around the Bush will be able to show games so people can watch then together, I know a few people who watched out last few games in a pub i won't name as not sure how legal it is. Seemed to be loads of Brentford and Fulham fans watching the games the other night in the pubs

Well they seem to have tried the "relying on people to be sensible, relying on common sense" and that's now resulting in what we're seeing today.

You can't go to a football match, or a pub, and socially distance. You just can't. It's either ok or it's not.
ST Renewal Window on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1184 viewsdaveB

ST Renewal Window on 17:05 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Well they seem to have tried the "relying on people to be sensible, relying on common sense" and that's now resulting in what we're seeing today.

You can't go to a football match, or a pub, and socially distance. You just can't. It's either ok or it's not.

who knows what will happen, 2 months ago it looked unlikely you could finish the football season but was done, I think October to get fans in was always optimistic and relied on the pubs opening going well which doesn't seem to have been a success so far
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024