Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent 22:21 - Aug 1 with 5227 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've no idea if he was any good or not, but that's him now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/01/eddie-howe-leaves-relegated-bou

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 22:43 - Aug 1 with 3495 views2Thomas2Bowles

'arry is sitting in his car outside the ground with the window down....

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 23:04 - Aug 1 with 3468 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He was clearly good Brian. Great no not yet but he's 42 years old.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 23:13 - Aug 1 with 3424 viewsLblock

Palace bound is the discussion

Love it if CandleFace goes in at Bournemouth and completes the set for a five card trick

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 00:51 - Aug 2 with 3305 viewsLoftgirl

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 22:43 - Aug 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

'arry is sitting in his car outside the ground with the window down....

Triffic.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 0:52]
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 00:56 - Aug 2 with 3295 viewsSirNose

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 23:13 - Aug 1 by Lblock

Love it if CandleFace goes in at Bournemouth and completes the set for a five card trick

West Ham?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:38]
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 08:58 - Aug 2 with 3042 viewstraininvain

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 23:13 - Aug 1 by Lblock

Palace would be mental to go from Hodgson to Howe. They’re pretty much guaranteed to stay up under Hodgson whereas Howe’s shown at Bournemouth that he’s a risk.

Shades of Charlton/Curbishley, Stoke/Pullis etc.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 10:05 - Aug 2 with 2890 viewsfrancisbowles

Brian he must be good to have lasted as long as he has and to have kept Bournemouth up for as long as he did. He also laid some of the foundations at Burnley that enabled Sean Dyche to take them forward.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 2877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 10:05 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

Brian he must be good to have lasted as long as he has and to have kept Bournemouth up for as long as he did. He also laid some of the foundations at Burnley that enabled Sean Dyche to take them forward.

Thanks. FB. I really don't follow the PL so good to have some info on him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 2697 viewsPinnerPaul

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 10:05 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

repeating myself but the Russian billionaire and the £170M NET they spent in the last 5 years might have also have had something to do with their 'success'
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 14:40 - Aug 2 with 2644 viewsfrancisbowles

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 13:53 - Aug 2 by PinnerPaul

repeating myself but the Russian billionaire and the £170M NET they spent in the last 5 years might have also have had something to do with their 'success'

I get where your coming from but is that a huge spend by Prem standards especially when you consider the TV income over that period?

I would suggest that if they hadn't spent some income, they would have ended up like Norwich have this season and gone much sooner than they finally did.

They should also be able to recoup a fair chunk of that spend on the three players who are now reported to be in demand.

So I think he has done a very good job, promotion from the 4th tier to the 1st, keeping them there and doing ok at Burnley too during his couple of years there.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 14:42 - Aug 2 with 2639 viewsblacky200

So you don't have to be good if you have money? I think we have shown that doesn't mean guaranteed success.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:28 - Aug 2 with 2485 viewsstainrods_elbow

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 08:58 - Aug 2 by traininvain

Palace would be mental to go from Hodgson to Howe. They’re pretty much guaranteed to stay up under Hodgson whereas Howe’s shown at Bournemouth that he’s a risk.

Shades of Charlton/Curbishley, Stoke/Pullis etc.

Ridiculous - Howe took took Bournemouth to three promotions in five years, and kept a club with 11,000 crowds (give your head a wobble, Lee Hoos!) in the Premier League for another five seasons (who were even then only relegated because Sheff. Utd had a legal goal disallowed vs Aston Villa, which would have dropped them instead of the Cherries).

A ton of respect for Howe, who'd be a step up from Hodgson, if anything. If he's a risk, gimme danger!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 17:32]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:37 - Aug 2 with 2460 viewsqprxtc

I bet he lost the dressing room.

He needs to invest in a sat nav.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 15:03 - Aug 3 with 2246 viewsPinnerPaul

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 14:40 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

I get where your coming from but is that a huge spend by Prem standards especially when you consider the TV income over that period?

I would suggest that if they hadn't spent some income, they would have ended up like Norwich have this season and gone much sooner than they finally did.

They should also be able to recoup a fair chunk of that spend on the three players who are now reported to be in demand.

So I think he has done a very good job, promotion from the 4th tier to the 1st, keeping them there and doing ok at Burnley too during his couple of years there.

You know what internet is like - but double checked on another site and they have it at £133M NET - however, no pun intended, that is still, according to that website, the 8th highest - so at the very least you would expect them to finish 19th or above with that sort of spend?
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 15:05 - Aug 3 with 2234 viewsPinnerPaul

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 14:42 - Aug 2 by blacky200

So you don't have to be good if you have money? I think we have shown that doesn't mean guaranteed success.

No I agree, but as I say above, if you're 8th highest net spenders, you would hope/expect to stay in the league?

Just really pointing out that people on here say Man City 'only' so good because of the £s, so you can't really say that and then say Howe is some sort of genius and ignore what THEY have spent - no?
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 15:06 - Aug 3 with 2231 viewsPinnerPaul

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:28 - Aug 2 by stainrods_elbow

Ridiculous - Howe took took Bournemouth to three promotions in five years, and kept a club with 11,000 crowds (give your head a wobble, Lee Hoos!) in the Premier League for another five seasons (who were even then only relegated because Sheff. Utd had a legal goal disallowed vs Aston Villa, which would have dropped them instead of the Cherries).

A ton of respect for Howe, who'd be a step up from Hodgson, if anything. If he's a risk, gimme danger!

How many times - 11,000 plus a Russian Billionaire!
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 15:23 - Aug 3 with 2195 viewsCamberleyR

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 15:06 - Aug 3 by PinnerPaul

How many times - 11,000 plus a Russian Billionaire!

Because it doesn't fit the 'plucky Bournemouth' narrative.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 2141 viewsrsonist

Bournemouth have been treading water for a few years now despite spending top whack every summer. Streaky patches of plucky wins and nice football early on then looooong hopeless slumps down the table. Howe simply cannot coach a defence.

Some may argue staying at that ceiling however he does it constitutes a terrific achievement. Personally I tend to think any club with a £150m TV deal and Russian backing has the capability to progress steadily. Those £10m-£15m's a pop on Ibe, Mepham, Kelly, Billing, Solanke, Danjuma, Afobe, Mings... they must have torched 85% of the money they spent throughout their time at the top.

Good press he/they get is just optics really. Nice young English coach buying nice young English players playing nice naive football.

Tough luck with injuries this season though tbf.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 16:14 - Aug 3 with 2137 viewshantssi

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:28 - Aug 2 by stainrods_elbow

Ahhh, I’ve missed your digs at Hoos!
Welcome back.
X
ps - as stated above they’ve spent an ‘Arry amount of money!
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 16:17 - Aug 3 with 2126 viewsdaveB

That money didn't get them from league 2 to the Premier league.
They spent in the championship but not on the same level as some clubs have who got nowhere
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 16:45 - Aug 3 with 2083 viewsrobith

As said above, they've gone down to an incorrectly ungiven goal. Meanwhile Watford continue to stink the place up.

Always liked him, team was fun to watch. You'd think he'd used blood money to sign Messi, Neymar and Mbappe the way some people are carrying on in here
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:10 - Aug 3 with 2045 viewsfrancisbowles

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 15:03 - Aug 3 by PinnerPaul

You know what internet is like - but double checked on another site and they have it at £133M NET - however, no pun intended, that is still, according to that website, the 8th highest - so at the very least you would expect them to finish 19th or above with that sort of spend?

The eighth highest over five years. That really surprises me. I thought PL clubs were spending much more than that as they are earning vast sums.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:27 - Aug 3 with 2022 viewsClive_Anderson

3 promotions and over 500 games as manager in all 4 divisions at the age of 42 is pretty good going.
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:37 - Aug 3 with 2001 viewsPinnerPaul

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:10 - Aug 3 by francisbowles

The eighth highest over five years. That really surprises me. I thought PL clubs were spending much more than that as they are earning vast sums.

Those are NET figures - Bournemouth gross = over £200M and Man City gross over 5 years = £800M+ - so not quite as 'frugal' as it first appears.

Finally, I'm not saying Mr Howe is a poor manager, far from it, just not the 'miracle' worker some think he is.

Looking at this , quick glance, tells you Wolves, Sheff Utd, Burnley all 'over' achieving if you like and Brighton, again against the 'perception' massively under achieving versus what they have spent.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu
Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:44 - Aug 3 with 1994 viewsdaveB

Eddie Howe - Gone - Mutual Consent on 17:37 - Aug 3 by PinnerPaul

Those are NET figures - Bournemouth gross = over £200M and Man City gross over 5 years = £800M+ - so not quite as 'frugal' as it first appears.

Finally, I'm not saying Mr Howe is a poor manager, far from it, just not the 'miracle' worker some think he is.

Looking at this , quick glance, tells you Wolves, Sheff Utd, Burnley all 'over' achieving if you like and Brighton, again against the 'perception' massively under achieving versus what they have spent.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-leagu

has anyone said he is a miracle worker?
He did a very good job at Bournemouth, I think he'd do well at Palace but even if he didn't shouldn't diminish the job he's done at Bournemouth

If you want to paint Bournemouth as money bags and Wolves as over achievers it's hard to take that seriously. Wolves are spending a fortune but doing it very well.

Add wages into that league table and it would look very different
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024