Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are players valued 11:00 - Aug 20 with 1853 viewsMyke

The debate over whether Dykes is overpriced at 2m got me thinking. Just taking our own two most salable assets and the clubs valuation of them. Keeping it simple because I'm useless at maths but if Eze is worth 15m and BOS 5m, how does the club consider Eze to be three times more valuable than BOS? Both are young, both are highly talented, albeit in different ways. Both have scored stunning individual goals for us, both have the ability to change games, both have provided plenty of assists/missed chances and both have cost us a similar amount in terms of development Eze has more games under his belt granted and is therefore more of 'the finished article' I guess, but both are completely untested in the Prem or any league higher than the Championship and while several clubs have been 'linked' with both players, we have not exactly been inundated with concrete offers.
If this was to follow and lets say they both join Palace or a Palace type club for a combined fee of 20m and both kick on to become major players over the next three years. Then the Man City's et al come calling, will the chasm in their valuation become even wider or will it level out? If Eze joined City at that point for 45m would BOS be only worth 15m ? We have seen players valuation jump dramatically over a very short period of time and not just strikers - Van Dyke and Maguire for example- but also examples of players being ridiculously over-priced like Hugill and Wells. So what is the criteria? Is it simply down to demand and the selling club picks a figure from the air and hopes somebody will bite?
How are players valued on 11:06 - Aug 20 with 1831 viewsdanehoop

I thought we agreed that the unit of currency to be used in this sort of discussions was Matt Smiths (equivalent to about £500K in old money).

Never knowingly understood

How are players valued on 02:59 - Aug 21 with 1733 viewstimcocking

In the case of Eze and Bright, purely the length of contract remaining, as in Eze has another year so he can't leave whereas if we don't sell Bright quickly we lose him for nothing.

Other than that, simply the club/country in question. Everybody knows you get massive discounts off QPR, who'll let the league's best 'keeper leave for the price of a netflix subscription.
How are players valued on 03:27 - Aug 21 with 1734 viewsDavieQPR

Eze has performed at a good standard for 18 months whereas BOS has only blossomed since Xmas then went off the boil when returning from lockdown. Plus we never paid £2m for Dykes we paid a fee that could go up to £2m if targets are met.A lot of clubs pay over the odds when the transfer window is closing or they only have space for an English player in their squad.
How are players valued on 06:58 - Aug 21 with 1677 viewsNorthernr

- record
- form
- position
- contract status
- number of clubs interested
- financial status of selling club
- level currently playing at

This post has been edited by an administrator
How are players valued on 07:26 - Aug 21 with 1634 viewsTonto

plus the adjustment factor which adds a bit on if you went to Eton or Harrow and takes a bit off it you go to an inner city school still under local authority control.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

How are players valued on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 1550 viewsMyke

How are players valued on 06:58 - Aug 21 by Northernr

- record
- form
- position
- contract status
- financial status of selling club
- level currently playing at

This post has been edited by an administrator

I get all that Clive, but apart from the length of contract, everything else about Eze and BOS is similar. Yet the club values Eze at least 3.5 times higher than Bright. I'm not questioning the valuation, he's undoubtedly a special talent, just curious to know how they come up with the actual figure, relative to each player
How are players valued on 09:24 - Aug 21 with 1530 viewsNorthernr

How are players valued on 09:17 - Aug 21 by Myke

I get all that Clive, but apart from the length of contract, everything else about Eze and BOS is similar. Yet the club values Eze at least 3.5 times higher than Bright. I'm not questioning the valuation, he's undoubtedly a special talent, just curious to know how they come up with the actual figure, relative to each player

Well in that particular case I'd say

- record
- scouting/analytics
- contract status

Are all relevent.

Record. Eze's numbers are far better than Bright's and have been for far longer. Way ahead of him in goals and assists. England U21 international already.
Scouting/analytics. Eze's a better footballer than Bright.
Contract - Eze has two years, Bright has 12 months, and we'd get more in compensation for Eze than we would for Bright if it gets to that.
More clubs, more richer clubs, in for Eze than there are for Bright.
How are players valued on 09:56 - Aug 21 with 1488 viewsfrancisbowles

How are players valued on 09:24 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Well in that particular case I'd say

- record
- scouting/analytics
- contract status

Are all relevent.

Record. Eze's numbers are far better than Bright's and have been for far longer. Way ahead of him in goals and assists. England U21 international already.
Scouting/analytics. Eze's a better footballer than Bright.
Contract - Eze has two years, Bright has 12 months, and we'd get more in compensation for Eze than we would for Bright if it gets to that.
More clubs, more richer clubs, in for Eze than there are for Bright.

I would add to that, when Eze's on the pitch he ALWAYS has some good moments. He is always at least a 5/6. Also, his temperament seems brilliant, never sulks or retaliates.

BOS has had games where he has been at a lower level than that. BOS seems a bit more moody and ready to kill someone.
Login to get fewer ads

How are players valued on 11:17 - Aug 21 with 1423 viewsMyke

How are players valued on 09:56 - Aug 21 by francisbowles

I would add to that, when Eze's on the pitch he ALWAYS has some good moments. He is always at least a 5/6. Also, his temperament seems brilliant, never sulks or retaliates.

BOS has had games where he has been at a lower level than that. BOS seems a bit more moody and ready to kill someone.

True enough FB although Eze can 'disappear' at times too. Second half at Fulham a case in point. he still doesn't influence a game, or grab it by the scruff of the neck if it's going badly,like Grealish does ( and I'm writing this with gritted teeth because I despise the lad). When he can do that, he really will be a top player
How are players valued on 12:22 - Aug 21 with 1347 viewsMatch82

How are players valued on 07:26 - Aug 21 by Tonto

plus the adjustment factor which adds a bit on if you went to Eton or Harrow and takes a bit off it you go to an inner city school still under local authority control.

Oh man we were robbed on Matt Smith then
How are players valued on 13:01 - Aug 21 with 1273 viewscpgerber

BOS has had some injuries I think, can't recall Eze really being injured long-term. A player struggling with injuries at a young age is a red light. Luckily BOS is far from "struggling with injuries", but he hasn't had a clean slate of health, has he?
How are players valued on 14:05 - Aug 21 with 1217 viewsisawqpratwcity

What about the other side of the equation: how much income, and from where, will clubs have to spend on transfer fees and wages?

I bet Lee Hoos would consider giving his right nut to know the answer to that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024