Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Hoilett 16:05 - Sep 25 with 5048 views08olesen

He was on Nedem Onouha's podcast this week and actually came across as quite a decent bloke.

They discussed the relegation season under Hughes and reading between the lines it sounds like Mackie, Hill, Derry etc. were not blameless in the bad atmosphere. Without naming names he mentioned that there was quite a bit of jealousy floating around from some. Probably because Boswanka and co. refused to be on the bench though.

Also interesting to hear Nedem say that he reckons the most hated players were
1. Boswanka
2. Mbia
3. Hoilett
4. Him

I am not sure what you lot think but I reckon the chief is held in high regard by most. You cant play over 200 games for the club and not hold some standing. SWP, Julio Cesaer are a lot worse than JH & Nedem IMO.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Junior Hoilett on 05:40 - Sep 26 with 1248 viewsingeminate

Junior Hoilett on 18:04 - Sep 25 by WestbourneR

Odious he may be but the simple fact is Barton was seriously good player. It baffles me how no one could see his ball retention, drive, touch, short passing, even vision were top notch. He played wonderful blind passes round the corner. Great in the tackle too.

The year we went up, he was the difference.

I love Clive's reports but his (often justified) rants about Barton's penchant for long passes or rubbish corners seems to have given all our fans the impression he wasn't a good overall player. He was a very good player.

All due respect Barton was bang average for us, tried to do too much and wasn’t good enough to execute. He can win the ball and play a short pass to a better player. He’s got a good engine. For us he tried to do a lot more than that and was found wanting. Far from being a seriously good player he ranged between average and woeful. Often outshone by Karl Henry. Plus he’s a super cnt, so there’s that too.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Junior Hoilett on 07:01 - Sep 26 with 1193 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Junior Hoilett on 18:04 - Sep 25 by WestbourneR

Odious he may be but the simple fact is Barton was seriously good player. It baffles me how no one could see his ball retention, drive, touch, short passing, even vision were top notch. He played wonderful blind passes round the corner. Great in the tackle too.

The year we went up, he was the difference.

I love Clive's reports but his (often justified) rants about Barton's penchant for long passes or rubbish corners seems to have given all our fans the impression he wasn't a good overall player. He was a very good player.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Junior Hoilett on 08:42 - Sep 26 with 1129 viewsJuzzie

Junior Hoilett on 05:40 - Sep 26 by ingeminate

All due respect Barton was bang average for us, tried to do too much and wasn’t good enough to execute. He can win the ball and play a short pass to a better player. He’s got a good engine. For us he tried to do a lot more than that and was found wanting. Far from being a seriously good player he ranged between average and woeful. Often outshone by Karl Henry. Plus he’s a super cnt, so there’s that too.

Exactly.

One game v Burnley, when Austin got sent off Barton resorted to doing just that and we got a draw out of a game we could ha e lost. Then he went back to thinking he was Iniesta, Beckham and Ronaldo all rolled into one.
Ironically, when he went to Burnley he played that exact no-frills role and was excellent.
Why couldn’t he have done that with us, it would have been so much better.
Junior Hoilett on 09:07 - Sep 26 with 1093 viewsGroveR

Junior Hoilett on 00:33 - Sep 26 by Boston

Really? Crippled and played like that, only puts him up in my eyes.

Yes, really. And I'm not criticising Nelsen.
Junior Hoilett on 09:09 - Sep 26 with 1085 viewsrsonist

Junior Hoilett on 21:38 - Sep 25 by thame_hoops

This subject has been done to death hasn’t it. A horrible period in supporting the club

It has and it hasn't. The suggestion of a negative, alienating side to Mackie, Hill, Derry and (like it or not by extension) Barton as a clique is a difficult topic that tends to get skirted, same as it does with Ollie/Birch/Kev.

Seem to recall some good chat about it re the 2018 Hill and Derry live podcast but I can't find the thread.
Junior Hoilett on 09:11 - Sep 26 with 1081 viewsCamberleyR

Junior Hoilett on 21:08 - Sep 25 by Hunterhoop

I heard second hand that Ned couldn’t stand Barton.

I liked Clint. We all did. But I do wonder about his close association with Barton.

Barton is a thunderc*nt of a person. He’s not misunderstood, unfairly treated or in any way a “thinker”. He’s BS merchant who could not back it up on the pitch. Christ, it was a running joke on here and in Clive’s report how bad his set pieces were and how many “Barton Balls” sailed into touch. He was a bang average footballer who played like he thought he was better than Beckham. He got way too generous a ride from fans. The singing of “one Joey Barton” upon his return to Marseille after slagging the club off and saying the Championship was beneath him was distinctly muggy behaviour from our fanbase. I refused to join in.

Bosw*nker was clearly a mercenary and we signed many others. But Barton was the king rat. Ned knew this. I always questioned why Hill couldn’t.

"But Barton was the king rat. Ned knew this. I always questioned why Hill couldn’t."

Well, Barton and Hill were both born and grew up in Huyton and are only four years apart in age so it's a fair chance they knew one another from way back.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Junior Hoilett on 09:41 - Sep 26 with 1040 viewswestberksr

Junior Hoilett on 08:42 - Sep 26 by Juzzie

Exactly.

One game v Burnley, when Austin got sent off Barton resorted to doing just that and we got a draw out of a game we could ha e lost. Then he went back to thinking he was Iniesta, Beckham and Ronaldo all rolled into one.
Ironically, when he went to Burnley he played that exact no-frills role and was excellent.
Why couldn’t he have done that with us, it would have been so much better.

that pretty much sums him up perfectly

Sean Dyche made it clear what his role was and he stuck to it and was very effective; here he was allowed to call the shots and let his deluded self belief take over.
Junior Hoilett on 09:51 - Sep 26 with 1018 viewssaxbend

There's no reason to think Hoilett isn't a decent bloke. He never acted as though he wasn't one. A player's contribution on the pitch and nature as a human being are rarely directly connected.
Login to get fewer ads

Junior Hoilett on 09:53 - Sep 26 with 1015 viewsHunterhoop

Junior Hoilett on 09:11 - Sep 26 by CamberleyR

"But Barton was the king rat. Ned knew this. I always questioned why Hill couldn’t."

Well, Barton and Hill were both born and grew up in Huyton and are only four years apart in age so it's a fair chance they knew one another from way back.

I’m sure they did. But I don’t judge friends and acquaintances I have as an adult based purely on how close we were as kids or what they were like back then. Hill saw Barton’s actions away at City, he heard what he said about us when at Marseille, he saw how he treated other players in the squad and spoke about them. You shouldn’t just park all that because you knew the bloke growing up. It’s a convenient and likely reason, but it doesn’t reflect well on Hill. Barton continues to speak negatively about the club and he publicly dumped on our manager in the press last season with that story from Glasgow Rangers. Hill has ears. I’d like to hope he pulls him up on it in private.

Back to the main thread. Ned never became the player we thought/hoped he could be (I.e. top half Prem standard), but that said he was still an excellent servant to the club who was a far better centre back that most give him credit for being. He was Dunne’s partner all season in that promotion year, bailing Dunne out in the second half when his firm wobbled seriously (which most forget). In the season we survived under Hughes, Ned played RB in those 5 home wins late in the season keeping a clean sheet again Spurs when he was up against Bale 1-1. He played under multiple managers with different systems, different partners at the back, in a team going through transition. He was rarely injured, always gave his all, by and large was out best defender much of the time, albeit prone to a few mistakes, and captained the club professionally.

There should not be a QPR fan out there that doesn’t respect him let alone “hate” him. The fact he feels that some did is not a good reflection on our fanbase, sadly.
Junior Hoilett on 10:24 - Sep 26 with 984 viewskernowhoop

Junior Hoilett on 09:53 - Sep 26 by Hunterhoop

I’m sure they did. But I don’t judge friends and acquaintances I have as an adult based purely on how close we were as kids or what they were like back then. Hill saw Barton’s actions away at City, he heard what he said about us when at Marseille, he saw how he treated other players in the squad and spoke about them. You shouldn’t just park all that because you knew the bloke growing up. It’s a convenient and likely reason, but it doesn’t reflect well on Hill. Barton continues to speak negatively about the club and he publicly dumped on our manager in the press last season with that story from Glasgow Rangers. Hill has ears. I’d like to hope he pulls him up on it in private.

Back to the main thread. Ned never became the player we thought/hoped he could be (I.e. top half Prem standard), but that said he was still an excellent servant to the club who was a far better centre back that most give him credit for being. He was Dunne’s partner all season in that promotion year, bailing Dunne out in the second half when his firm wobbled seriously (which most forget). In the season we survived under Hughes, Ned played RB in those 5 home wins late in the season keeping a clean sheet again Spurs when he was up against Bale 1-1. He played under multiple managers with different systems, different partners at the back, in a team going through transition. He was rarely injured, always gave his all, by and large was out best defender much of the time, albeit prone to a few mistakes, and captained the club professionally.

There should not be a QPR fan out there that doesn’t respect him let alone “hate” him. The fact he feels that some did is not a good reflection on our fanbase, sadly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024