Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adomah 23:04 - Sep 28 with 3705 viewsHastings_Hoops

I notice that Albert has started wearing Arsenal, Forest and Boro shirts in his recent twitter exhibitions. That will disappoint some of the twits out there.
Adomah on 23:31 - Sep 28 with 3631 viewsdavman

Maybe there was a chance he'd join us on loan before the potential for income was cruelly taken from the club by C-19 and so now he's hedging his bets as he won't be taking a pay cut to join us irrespective of how much a "fan" he is?

Also, if BOS stays, would Albie get a game?

Only ever on if Florist are desperate to get a bit off their wage bill or Adomah is willing to take a huge pay cut - not sure either is likely if I am being honest...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Adomah on 00:02 - Sep 29 with 3573 viewsBoston

No more mercenaries please.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adomah on 00:46 - Sep 29 with 3535 viewsDavieQPR

Forest now have 35 players over the age of 23. Almost enough for 3 teams. Their wage bill must be horrendous.
Adomah on 01:11 - Sep 29 with 3512 viewsMatch82

Adomah on 00:02 - Sep 29 by Boston

Not sure he's needed as long as BOS is here, but mercenary might be a bit harsh. Isn't a player who wants to join because he's a boyhood fan of the club and would be taking a wage cut (otherwise we wouldn't be signing him) the exact opposite of a mercenary?
Adomah on 07:10 - Sep 29 with 3300 viewsGloucs_R

Adomah on 00:02 - Sep 29 by Boston

He's a QPR fan....

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Adomah on 08:54 - Sep 29 with 3069 viewsMrSheen

If he's prepared to sign his contract "to Joseph", he's in.
Adomah on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 2912 viewsCliff

Adomah on 08:54 - Sep 29 by MrSheen

If he's prepared to sign his contract "to Joseph", he's in.

I honestly don't think we should sign anyone else this window, unless they are on a pay to play basis. There is a very real possibility tat the league may be shut down, and even if it isn't we must be losing a fortune each month anyway. For me the most sensible option would be to soldier on with what we've got and re-assess the situation in the January window.

I also wonder what effects this is all having on the renegotiation of certain player contracts.
Adomah on 11:09 - Sep 29 with 2832 viewsRs_Holy

Adomah on 10:33 - Sep 29 by Cliff

I honestly don't think we should sign anyone else this window, unless they are on a pay to play basis. There is a very real possibility tat the league may be shut down, and even if it isn't we must be losing a fortune each month anyway. For me the most sensible option would be to soldier on with what we've got and re-assess the situation in the January window.

I also wonder what effects this is all having on the renegotiation of certain player contracts.

What if Dykes gets injured? Oteh? Play a midfielder up front? We need some depth there!
I can see Leagues 1 and 2 being suspended but not the Championship... especially as Sky show so many games!
Login to get fewer ads

Adomah on 11:17 - Sep 29 with 2799 viewsBoston

Adomah on 07:10 - Sep 29 by Gloucs_R

He's a QPR fan....

..that wears an Arsenal shirt.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 21:01]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adomah on 12:29 - Sep 29 with 2673 viewsCliff

Adomah on 11:09 - Sep 29 by Rs_Holy

What if Dykes gets injured? Oteh? Play a midfielder up front? We need some depth there!
I can see Leagues 1 and 2 being suspended but not the Championship... especially as Sky show so many games!

Two things firstly even the Prem. aren't certain they'll finish the season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54331871

and secondly, I think survival - FULL STOP. Is more important than league placement this year, and if you are worried about the enjoyment level -don't it's all streamed and sh1t anyway.
Adomah on 12:52 - Sep 29 with 2619 viewsted_hendrix

There isn't a Championship club (apart from you know who) who will be making any signings for the foreseeable future be that loan or purchase.

What club (apart from you know who) would sanction a situation whereby they're finances would be strained even further than they are now bearing in mind the current situation with bloody Covid-19 and the now ever present threat that this season might not be completed.

Our squad still needs signings but it aint gonna happen we just can't afford to be adding to our Monthly expenditure.

Sad state of affairs but that's how I see it, we've got to run with what we've got.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Adomah on 17:32 - Sep 29 with 2413 viewsbosh67

Adomah on 12:52 - Sep 29 by ted_hendrix

There isn't a Championship club (apart from you know who) who will be making any signings for the foreseeable future be that loan or purchase.

What club (apart from you know who) would sanction a situation whereby they're finances would be strained even further than they are now bearing in mind the current situation with bloody Covid-19 and the now ever present threat that this season might not be completed.

Our squad still needs signings but it aint gonna happen we just can't afford to be adding to our Monthly expenditure.

Sad state of affairs but that's how I see it, we've got to run with what we've got.

My fear is what happens if Dykes gets an injury or a ban?

Options are

Ramkilde - Missing in action with an injury. Police helicopter be sent out to find him.
Oteh - Almost as good as a real otter but not quite.
Alfa - Not as good as Beta but not bad.

It's not inspiring.

For me we need to keep Gubbins and Hanananananan because likelihood of getting more defenders is remote and how many blades of grass can more defenders mark?

If any players go we need to keep what we have and look to loan in an out of favour but half decent striker given a fresh chance from somewhere. There must be more Hugill's out there?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Adomah on 17:44 - Sep 29 with 2367 viewsCliff

Adomah on 17:32 - Sep 29 by bosh67

My fear is what happens if Dykes gets an injury or a ban?

Options are

Ramkilde - Missing in action with an injury. Police helicopter be sent out to find him.
Oteh - Almost as good as a real otter but not quite.
Alfa - Not as good as Beta but not bad.

It's not inspiring.

For me we need to keep Gubbins and Hanananananan because likelihood of getting more defenders is remote and how many blades of grass can more defenders mark?

If any players go we need to keep what we have and look to loan in an out of favour but half decent striker given a fresh chance from somewhere. There must be more Hugill's out there?

My fear is what happens when a club (including ours go to the Prem. / FA / Government with a begging bowl and get told "What do you mean you need financial help? you were still signing players well after you knew you'd get no gate receipts"
Adomah on 19:27 - Sep 29 with 2192 viewsbosh67

Adomah on 17:44 - Sep 29 by Cliff

My fear is what happens when a club (including ours go to the Prem. / FA / Government with a begging bowl and get told "What do you mean you need financial help? you were still signing players well after you knew you'd get no gate receipts"

Completely understand your point.

For me it is simple. If the EFL is a competition where the powers that be get sponsorship and commercial deals then they have to let clubs trade within their means. If you can go up and down then clubs have to be able to shuffle their packs. If not then they don't but the season is also then null and void and any reason for playing it vanishes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Adomah on 13:57 - Sep 30 with 1865 viewsbosh67

I don't know if our idol talk has spawned this rumour but according to a few rags Adomah is about to take a whopping pay drop to join us and complete his 'dream move'....

Never knowingly right.

Adomah on 14:01 - Sep 30 with 1843 viewsDubaiR

I think we will actually complete a couple if not 3 this week. The lad Miller on loan from Liverpool for cover to Dykes. Green and the CM from villa on free's. 3 players in, positions covered without spending a fee and can't imagine high wages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024