Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History 15:04 - Oct 14 with 1653 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53100
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 16:25 - Oct 14 with 1497 viewsswitchingcode

Saw Brian play and score in a Bees shirt as a very young kid in the 60s don’t remember too much about him but he did score a lot of goals in his short time there.
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 01:22 - Oct 15 with 1351 viewsdixiedean

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 16:25 - Oct 14 by switchingcode

Saw Brian play and score in a Bees shirt as a very young kid in the 60s don’t remember too much about him but he did score a lot of goals in his short time there.

Yawn .
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 10:35 - Oct 15 with 1240 viewsMichael_Hunt

I can’t remember whether it was the last time we played there or the time before; but we met Brian Bedford’s son in the pub on the way to the ground. He was astonished that we remembered him even though had not seen him play. Edit; just checked it must have been the 2014 game.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 10:37]
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 12:05 - Oct 15 with 1181 viewsderbyhoop

Bedford and John Collins were the 2 Rangers' strikers I remember from when I first started going.
Bedford was a real goal machine, although today his work rate would have come in for criticism.
He used to live on the A40 between East Acton shops and Long Lane.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 12:21 - Oct 15 with 1162 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd forgotten that he returned to us as Stadium Manager.

A true Rangers legend. Nice to celebrate him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 12:52 - Oct 15 with 1141 viewsQPRSteve

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 12:05 - Oct 15 by derbyhoop

Bedford and John Collins were the 2 Rangers' strikers I remember from when I first started going.
Bedford was a real goal machine, although today his work rate would have come in for criticism.
He used to live on the A40 between East Acton shops and Long Lane.

Same for me Derby.

Bedford had that great knack of being in the right place at the right time. He also had all the luck in the world. I remember him once scoring with his backside!

Johnny Collins used to take the odd football match at my school (Christopher Wren).
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 13:03 - Oct 15 with 1133 viewsqprxtc

I met him once when he taught tennis at Barn Elms.

I had just been chucked out of Archery lessons for kicking someone up the arse as they were about to fire their arrow (seems funny at the time).

I knew I’d be in the shit with the teachers so decided to go and join the tennis lessons before I got found out.

Found Brian Bedford and asked him if I could join up with them. He asked me why and I told him. Hex said ‘No’. I said ‘But I support QPR’. He laughed and told me to bring my kit next week.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to go as the teachers found out what I’d done and I got in the shit, git the cane and made to play poxy Rugby. The sadistic gits.
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 15:20 - Oct 15 with 1075 viewsfrancisbowles

So we've only won once at Bournemouth since 1966-67! Then they were Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic. Time to end that hoodoo!

Brian Bedford seems to be still alive at almost 87.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 19:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 18:29 - Oct 15 with 980 viewsBoston

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 13:03 - Oct 15 by qprxtc

I had just been chucked out of Archery lessons for kicking someone up the arse as they were about to fire their arrow (seems funny at the time).

I knew I’d be in the shit with the teachers so decided to go and join the tennis lessons before I got found out.

Found Brian Bedford and asked him if I could join up with them. He asked me why and I told him. Hex said ‘No’. I said ‘But I support QPR’. He laughed and told me to bring my kit next week.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to go as the teachers found out what I’d done and I got in the shit, git the cane and made to play poxy Rugby. The sadistic gits.

I once threw a javelin into the big blow up mat thingy for the high jump. Unfortunately I did not see Mr McCooey(spelling?), one of our games masters watching. Unimpressed he told me to head on back to the changing rooms, whereupon he gave me six across my rear end with the same ‘spear’. Thinking back I was lucky he didn’t shove it up my arse really.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 19:05 - Oct 15 with 954 viewsextratimeR

Yes, Bedford and Collins probably the first Rss strikers i remember, Bedford lived round the corner from me in East Acton. oh and Stuart Leary?
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 20:39 - Oct 15 with 900 viewsQPRSteve

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 19:05 - Oct 15 by extratimeR

Yes, Bedford and Collins probably the first Rss strikers i remember, Bedford lived round the corner from me in East Acton. oh and Stuart Leary?

Played cricket for Kent. Sadly killed himself on Table Mountain back home in his native South Africa.
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 22:57 - Oct 15 with 841 viewsDannyPaddox

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 13:03 - Oct 15 by qprxtc

Concepts albums have been constructed on less.
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 23:31 - Oct 15 with 808 viewsdixiedean

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 12:52 - Oct 15 by QPRSteve

Same for me Derby.

Bedford had that great knack of being in the right place at the right time. He also had all the luck in the world. I remember him once scoring with his backside!

Johnny Collins used to take the odd football match at my school (Christopher Wren).

And At mine ( Danes ) . Is it true he’s Tom my Collins’ brother ?
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 03:23 - Oct 16 with 758 viewsmylot50years

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 16:25 - Oct 14 by switchingcode

I remember when I was a kid on the loft terrace all the grown ups around us never called him Brian Bedford they always refered to him as the GOAL MACHINE.
Happy Days.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:17 - Oct 16 with 669 viewsjeffranger

Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 08:49 - Oct 16 with 645 viewsjeffranger

Yep remember watching Bedford play & one match where he & keen both hit hatricks in 7-1 thrashing of Luton back in 64 I think, brilliant header of ball but not so good with his feet, his partner Collins was the opposite
Bedford's astonishing QPR goal record - History on 16:44 - Oct 16 with 572 viewsizlingtonhoop

Is he in the pic posted on Boston's thread?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024